[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I'd like it, but it's just a bit too small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg (40 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg
40 KB, 970x545
I thought I'd like it, but it's just a bit too small for me, and the interface for it is just crap, I watched a few reviews but I don't remember anyone mentioning you can only remap it in steam big picture mode.

Why didn't valve just put like a physical slider on it that you could switch between say 3 modes, 1 for desktop use, and the other 2 for whatever games you're playing.

Also I think it'd be a much better if it was just 4 modular spots on top that you could interchange pieces with, like if you wanted 2 sticks, or if you wanted to move the pads around.

Half Life 2 just crashses when I try to launch from big picture mode with it, I found a work around but it's highly annoying.

Does anyone actually own one of these and like it?

Luckily I bought it from gamestop so I can just return it, probably only going to keep it for today to give it one more shot.
>>
File: 360 keyboard.jpg (835 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
360 keyboard.jpg
835 KB, 2048x1536
>>332986067
Also, why in the fuck doesn't it have a keyboard attachment? it's like the most simple idea ever, and there's plenty of room for one between the grips.
>>
File: Capture.png (19 KB, 364x324) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19 KB, 364x324
>>332986067
>you can only remap it in steam big picture mode
What?
>>
>>332986067
>I thought I'd like it

lmfao are you fucking kidding me

i didn't even know Valvedrones existed to this extent
>>
>>332986067
>1 for desktop use, and the other 2 for whatever games you're playing
As long as you have the configurations set, you can go between any modes that you want, including desktop mode. When you launch the game, it will automatically go into the config you want, and return to desktop mode when you exit.
>>332986281
As for that, the CAD files were released, so maybe somebody will make a shell that allows for a third party keyboard attachment. But that's reaching a little too far.
>>
>>332987954
That appears when the controller is on I guess, never saw that, but I suppose that fixes some things
>>
>>332986281
Have you typed on the steam controller? It's just as good if not better than an attached keyboard.
>>
>>332988940
You mean the standard like split keyboard thing? It's alright, but what about when I'm say in a game and I have to press that one button I didn't bother mapping to the controller, or say I'm playing an MMO with it
>>
File: scof1407983304140.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
scof1407983304140.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
>>332989096
Then you haven't configured your Controller properly and could do with keeping a small wireless keyboard with you
>>
I got one and I like it
no real complaints, I haven't used my ds3 since I got it
>>
Why the fuck is this stupid controller being shilled so much the past three days?

Every day I see this thread and every day there are multiple anons posting the 100 fucking issues with the controller.

Who is paying you?
>>
>>332990676
There is a deal for it and dark souls 3. That's why.
>>
>>332990676
I was just interested in the controller for a while, but now I'm not after using it for a bit, just going to return it and buy my new PC case instead, maybe go dual shock 4 or something, probably just buy a wired 360 controller for game compatibility.

if this controller was like 30 bucks I'd maybe consider just keeping it though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.