[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diablo 2 Lords of Destruction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: lod.png (149 KB, 256x302) Image search: [Google]
lod.png
149 KB, 256x302
I just started playing this and I fucking love it.

What tips can you give me as a Barb /v/?

also what should I make next?
>>
>>332984382
summoner neco
>>
As a barb? You made a mistake. Basically, once you get to hell mode, things are gonna hit a brick wall. Barb damage scaling is awful. I have a 6/6 Immortal King barb on bnet and I can just barely squeak by in hell solo. As soon as someone joins and mobs gain 50% more hp or whatever it is, it becomes nearly impossible.

To really succeed, you either want to be a paladin, assassin or sorceress. Just make sure you follow a good build guide for whatever class you pick and you'll be alright.
>>
>>332984971
>Immortal King

Kek.
>>
>>332985098
I haven't seen IK be used in so long.
>>
File: 1438721284939.gif (3 MB, 252x263) Image search: [Google]
1438721284939.gif
3 MB, 252x263
>>332984971
>>
>>332984382
If you're playing single player you're gonna need to grind gear in nightmare really hard. Barb is tough since it banks everything on weapon, if your weapon sucks your damage sucks.
>>
>>332984382
>What tips can you give me as a Barb /v/?
20 points in chosen weapon mastery, 1 point other passives, 20 points battle orders, you need to farm for good weapons

>>332984971
>To really succeed, you either want to be a paladin, assassin or sorceress
people completed the game on hell with naked characters fagget
that said barb as a first character is hard mode
>>
For playing PvM, Summoner Necro was always a favorite of mine. A close second was a Zealot Paladin. Never did much PvP in Diablo2, but those two builds were the most fun for me.
>>
>>332985098

>implying OP will even make it to 6/6 IK set playing solo hell

He'll be in even shittier gear and won't stand a chance. This is the reality of barb.
>>
>>332985859
Zealot Paly is probably the one character who could manage to solo hell at a decent pace.

You're still going to have to grind for gear.
>>
>>332985859
>PvM
What?
>>
>>332986018
Player vs monster
>>
>>332986229
You mean PvE? I have literally never seen anyone use "PvM"
>>
>>332984382
I would honestly recommend downloading the PlugY mod if you're just going through single player. If you intend to get to Hell mode, then having to restart from the beginning because of a handful of misplaced skill/stat points is fucking dumb. It'll also let you play around with different builds as you're playing through the game so you don't have to make several characters of the same class to try different things, just don't be a weenie with the character resetting.

If you aren't intending to do super l33t solo hell runs, then do something fun like a Jump Attack barb.
>>
>>332986335
I'm not even the anon who originally said it, that's what it's always been called in Diablo 2 but yes it is PvE.
>>
>>332985448
>people completed the game on hell with naked characters fagget
Not with naked barbs.
>>
I was making a summoner Necro and got to Andariel and ran out of corpses to summon skeletons and decided that constantly using scroll of town portals to run back after I keep trying to down her health as she just wrecks my shit was a shitty way to play through the game.

So I'm going to have to look up a guide or something on builds because I clearly fucked up, and already used my one build reset already.
>>
Necromancer or a paladin.
>>
>>332986335
Not the one you responded to, but PvE is more popular in general while PvM seems to be used a lot while talking about Diablo
>>
What class should I make /v/? I haven't played in YEARS and I have forgotten most things.
>>
>>332986990
What are you trying to do? Are you playing online or single player? If single player are you using PlugY?
>>
>>332984971
>tfw made barb, never got good gear, was always poor that I didn't even have gold for pots.
Nightmare Act3.
>>
>>332986816
What level were you? Andariel shouldn't be a problem with a ~lvl12 summ. necro, with all of your stat points in vitality and all your skill points between raise skeleton and skeleton mastery. I was always able to take care of her on the first run, anyways
>>
>>332986990
Blizzard sorc.

Farm Andy, ancient tunnels, and meph. Most of chaos is do-able too but you won't be able to kill the mages.
>>
OP here can't decide if I want to play on Battle.net or Singleplayer.

Is Battle.net even worth it? 3 month expiration for characters is kinda retarded. But I also don't want to be locked out form a community
>>
Is Ice Orb Sorc any good? I feel like that used to be a thing
>>
>>332984382
>Lords

triggered
>>
>>332987282
Well my build is probably crap then. I didn't exactly go into D2 understanding what I was doing.
>>
>>332984382
WHIRLWIND OR DELETE CHARACTER
SPIN TO WIN
DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>332987509
Frozen Orb - Fire Sorc is strong for getting through hell solo. It's about the only thing you can do to get past ancients as they are tri elemental immune.
>>
>>332987619
Ahh gotcha. Check out www.d2tomb.com if ya want, its a good website, lots of useful info on builds/ mercs/ farming/ general tips etc. This thread makes me want to reinstall D2 on my laptop, I'll probably end up doing that... good luck, anyways
>>
>>332988009
Thanks. I thought I could learn how to play D2 just by playing but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>332987505
The 3 month expiration ruins it for me a bit. Don't like the idea of my characters dissapearing if I'm not active. Also last I saw on battle.net there weren't TOO too many people playing on there, not sure how it is now though... I've always preferred singleplayer myself
>>
>>332988142
You could do that, and get through Normal and Nightmare difficulties; that's what I did. But getting through Hell, getting end-game gear and leveling high enough to perfect a build to do those things takes a lot more effort it seems. I've never even gotten that far myself, I'd just have fun with it and try different chars and builds etc
>>
File: diablos.png (971 KB, 1927x646) Image search: [Google]
diablos.png
971 KB, 1927x646
>>
File: d2 vs d3 skills.jpg (55 KB, 317x797) Image search: [Google]
d2 vs d3 skills.jpg
55 KB, 317x797
Reminder
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.