[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work with atlus usa. I cant disclose much nor give away anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: 1363857502538.jpg (26 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
1363857502538.jpg
26 KB, 432x403
I work with atlus usa. I cant disclose much nor give away anything that might reveal me, but if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them (to a certain extent of course).
>>
>>332976090
Are they going to take us away our tiddies?
>>
>>332976362
If you're a Fatlus and have man titties, it might be possible. E3 should be pretty exciting!
>>
SMT IV Final fucking when you lazy fucks.
>>
>>332976648
We plan to announce that at E3 as well. Sorry for taking so long, priorities are on P5 as you can imagine.
>>
Any characters from p1,2,3 or 4 returning in p5?
>>
>>332976915
>priorities are on P5
Of fucking course you're gonna focus on milking the dumb otaku's wallets with the waifu simulator. I bet you faggots are gonna milk that stupid game to death too and make more stupid shit like P3 Dancing all afternoon or a P4 kart game. Also dual audio please.
>>
>>332976090
Is there any reasonable reason the EO series is bound to Nintendo rather than Sony?
>>
File: 20150601_155039.jpg (996 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150601_155039.jpg
996 KB, 3264x2448
How many females work with you?
>>
Persona 3/4 comin to PC?
>>
>>332977050
I dont want to give away any spoilers regarding Persona 5, all of us at Atlus want the experience to be as fresh as possible for everyone, as you can imagine. We do have some english translated trailers prepped for summer though. We're kind of in the dark on what Atlus JP does at times, but apparently they have something big coming soon. Something big will definitely get revealed by the end of May, and you will definitely see it in english at E3.

>>332977175
Remember, we're just a localization branch for Atlus and other niche games. We don't have any say in what spinoffs Persona goes for.

You guys will like this one; Sega is doing their best to implement dual audio and get the license from the Japanese branch. I know the popular opinion is to criticize Sega, but they deserve more credit than everyone gives them. Even if things fall through, I hope you'll enjoy the English dub we're working on. I know we got a little lazy with the spinoffs, but remember, those were spinoffs. Expect a dub as good as the original P4 or Catherine, trust us.

>>332977212
No idea, I guess Atlus JP just prefers the dual screen and the 3DS has sold much better than the Vita. Atlus tends to go to where the sales are, outside of some exceptions like Persona which has pretty much always been a PS series.

>>332977295
A lot :^)

>>332977373
No word on PC ports of any Atlus games. Sega is more likely to be in support of that than Atlus, along with having the resources. If Atlus gives permission to port their games, then Sega will be able to.
>>
I work with sega. I cant disclose much nor give away anything that might reveal me, but if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them (to a certain extent of course).
>>
File: 20150601_155025.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150601_155025.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>332977886
>:^)

yeah this nigger is lying
>>
>>332978076
Lying because of a meme face? Some of us keep with the dank memes on 4chan and frequent this board or some generals. We also blush whenever we see a Persona thread on /e/.
>>
>>332977886
>Remember, we're just a localization branch for Atlus and other niche games. We don't have any say in what spinoffs Persona goes for.
I don't care, I just want to shit on someone because all those games happened, also
>Expect a dub as good as the original P4
You definitely sound like an Atlus USA employee, alright.
>>
File: 1456100909089.png (115 KB, 582x604) Image search: [Google]
1456100909089.png
115 KB, 582x604
Yes, I'm a real life fish. I can't disclose much nor give away anything that might reveal my identity, but if you have questions I will answer them.
>>
>>332978253
I'm a bit disheartened that you didn't enjoy the dub of Persona 4, but we thought we secured a great lineup of actors. I admit not all of our dubs are as good though, some of our 3DS games were a bit lacking in some areas...
>>
File: 20150613_212730.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150613_212730.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>332978242
Yep, that meme face basically discredits his whole post.
>>
>>332976090
>I work with atlus usa.
Sure you do.
>>
Can you tell us anything about the P5 localization?

Which of these below points will be true?

"The amendments to the original Japanese game are as follows:

Abundantly less gendered language, as well as inclusion of non-binary, polysexual, and otherkin characters.
Plentiful memes.
Reasonably, the Tower persona Mara has been censored for looking too much like a penis.
In-game combat has been removed, replaced by interactive cutscenes. Failing the QTEs is impossible.
Largely, the Social Link system has been reworked, as focus group testing on Tumblr revealed it to be deeply triggering to asexual and aromantic individuals.
Further memes.
Overhaul of the series’ title from, “Persona,” to, “Fursona.”
Occasionally, an NPC will appear and give you reminders to check your privilege.
Liters of Mountain Dew purchased will have codes to unlock in-game bonuses.
Shortly after release, DLC containing randomized hats for the player characters will be made available. This DLC is locked to your unique game key, so if you want a different set of hats, you can simply purchase the game again." Source- Sega:Atlus
>>
>>332977886
Catherine dub was great, P4 dub was shit though.

On the subject, who can we expect as the lead?
>>
>>332976090
Are you going to sabotage TMS#FE
Please fucking do
>>
>>332976090
So any plans on bringing over EO5 and SMTIVF?
>>
>>332978726
>Overhaul of the series’ title from, “Persona,” to, “Fursona.”

THAT'S IT I'M KILLING MYSELF. I can't take it anymore.
>>
When are you fucks gonna rerelease The Dark Spire? You can keep your PS2 games in print, surely you can do the same for your DS games.
>>
File: 4chanunamused.jpg (47 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
4chanunamused.jpg
47 KB, 736x736
>>332978726
And to think people have a problem with Treehouse's localizations
>>
File: 1398944190367.png (562 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
1398944190367.png
562 KB, 751x418
>>332978726
>Reasonably, the Tower persona Mara has been censored for looking too much like a penis.
>>
>>332978726
Well, I can't say much about it. Expect something similar to previous Persona games, you know, the -sans, -kuns and all that. We did some research and keeping bits of the Japanese in resonated well and enhanced players experience with the game. I find they're part of the charm myself, others are more mixed and say they should be removed but meh.

We saw that article on NicheGamer and I can confirm that was indeed an April Fools joke. Rest assured, Sega is a great partner to work with and isn't tampering with the localization.

>>332978840
I don't want to give away any VAs, but to the naysayers who claim we're working on a shoestring budget, ignore them. This is our biggest release date and we got a bigger budget to work with. I can promise you'll enjoy the voice work with the game. And as previously mentioned, Sega is in talks with securing the contracts to Japanese voice actors for dual audio. If it goes through successfully, you'll hear about it at E3. If not, well...please enjoy the English dub.

>>332978885
Our friends at Nintendo Treehouse are handling TMS#FE for the most part. Not to badmouth them, but as with their previous work, expect some censored and removed content, memes, all that. Last I heard, they weren't very enthusiastic on working on TMS since they're pretty liberal.

>>332979149
SMTIVF will be at our E3 booth, sorry! All hands are on deck for recording and translating P5, but we haven't forgotten! Expect a late 2016 to early 2017 release on that one.

>>332979436
Sorry, no current plans to reprint The Dark Spire. If demand ever spikes, who knows what could happen though?
>>
>>332979845
>Rest assured, Sega is a great partner to work with and isn't tampering with the localization.
Now I know you're a fucking liar.
>>
>>332980331
Nonsense, Sega has always given their own developers and contracted studios creative liberty. I have always been a fan of Sega myself, wasting hundreds or thousands of quarters playing their arcade machines when I was a kid. Atlus also had a great presence on the Saturn and the Dreamcast is one of my favorite consoles of all time, it burned brightly and introduced tons of new IP and series before meeting its untimely death.

I promise you, look beyond a few bad Sonic games and you'll find a rich library of different worlds, different characters, different styles and gameplay. Sega is great and its exciting working with them and being in close contact.
>>
>>332978498
Just in case you actually work at atlus, from one japanese translator to... some dude: the reason the dubs are so terrible are two-fold: the actors are terrible. That's the truth. And you're trying to make the act japanese in a language where speaking like japanese people, is simply cringe inducing, in the same way as trying to express American thinking in japanese sounds stupid. But localizing the setting doesn't work either, as the is the same as writing original, unwanted material. This is way American dubs simply can be nothing but terrible. Other languages occasionally express ways of thinking that match japanese, and dubs therefore work. But not English. Never English. Secure the damn japanese audio.
>>
>>332980764
What about PSO2's localization then?
>>
File: 1458562732034.png (71 KB, 182x303) Image search: [Google]
1458562732034.png
71 KB, 182x303
>>332976090
persona 5 news when?
>>
>>332976090
Please don't do dual audio, i love seeing weebs get mad as fuck.
>>
>>332981054
see
>>332978726
>>
File: 1452096135297.jpg (15 KB, 200x207) Image search: [Google]
1452096135297.jpg
15 KB, 200x207
>>332981290
that isn't news
>>
>>332980825
I know you're all familiar with Hardin, he's a bit mouthy on his social media presence and I will agree but he's a great guy all the same. I stand with Hardin's stance; I stand by our localizations and English dubs. You are definitely right about the setting and how different cultures express their thoughts, but that is what localizing is for. We try to bridge the gap. Please remember we have to ensure the product can be enjoyed by a wide audience and not a select few who are hardcore devotees to Japanese culture and customs. Sega is springing for dual audio, but even if they don't manage, I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you. P5 will be a fantastic game, going over it, and localizing it has been a wild ride and very enjoyable. Director Hashino-san is indeed correct, P5 will be massive. If you don't understand Japanese, I strongly recommend buying an English copy so you can enjoy it still.

>>332980861
I'm aware of that but don't know the details. My guess it that the game is swamped in cross over and promotional events and items that cater to Japanese. I'm a fan of Phantasy Star and have played the Genesis JRPGs along with Online and Universe. Universe was easier to localize presumably because it wasn't loaded with Japanese events and marketing. There is a fan made English patch that translates the essentials, might I suggest you download that? Sonic Team has always managed the JP servers much better than the English ones anyhow.

>>332981054
Japan will get its release date and a new trailer sometime before June (late April, Early May is my guess). We're working hard to nail a solid release date down by the time E3 rolls around, but if we can't manage, definitely expect a time frame. It will be out in 2016 though for US, definitely. Maybe there's another surprise...?
>>
>>332981769
>My guess it that the game is swamped in cross over and promotional events and items that cater to Japanese.
Then what about PSNova localization?
>>
FUCK PERSONA

BAROQUE ON PSN AND/OR WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE WHEN?
>>
>>332981991
I haven't followed Nova at all, but I assume it has story elements related to PSO2 and it wouldn't make sense, story wise, to localize one and not the other. Sega America is very choosy with what they localize now, doubly, no triply so for the Vita. The Project Diva games did well on Vita, and X was just announced, along with PS4, both digital and physical. The last PS game they localized was Phantasy Star Portable 2 for PSP back in 2010 and from what I know, it sold bad. Very bad. That's why Infinity didn't make it. Same thing with Valkyria Chronicles 2, which released a month before PSP2. You guys have to understand that piracy and just general interest in the system really did hurt sales on the PSP. We managed to scrape by because we have a lovely dedicated fanbase, but Sega has always had this air of hate around them, even when they do their best and localize games.

Long story short, if it doesn't sale, it doesn't get localized. They take it as waning interest for the series and the PSP was just a difficult platform to work with due to piracy. They restructured later on and decided to give the English market what they interpreted to sale good, if you remember when they focused on Sonic, Total War, Aliens, and Football Manager. You might not like it, but those were what was selling good at the time for them. It was only recently when again, more restructuring and streamlining, where they opened up to the idea of localizing more games. Yakuza 5, Project Diva series, and 7th Dragon are a result of this. If you want more of these types of games, I highly suggest you support them or SoA will lock up again.
>>
>>332980825
>>332981769
Being able to understand but not necessarily agree with the thinking of other cultures, is not just for hardcore devotees. Ffs, us non-americans have to do it all damn day, and we do just fine without dubbing Breaking Bad.
>>
>>332976090
You hold a wire coil so that the plane of the coil is perpendicular to a magnetic field B.

If the magnitude of B increases while its direction remains unchanged, how will the magnetic flux through the coil change?
>>
>>332978242
>dank
Hola reddit!
>>
>>332982784
>Long story short, if it doesn't sale, it doesn't get localized.
>I highly suggest you support them or SoA will lock up again.

So basically you're all monsters blackmailing us for games. Yeah. No. Go fuck yourselves.

I honestly can't tell which is the worst outcome, if this is all a shitty troll, or if it was actual employee saying this shit.
>>
>>332976090
Playing P4 right now, I'm really liking your work, even the dub is much better than expected.
>>
>>332981086
Sorry didn't see this one. We evaluate dual audio for all our games, please don't accuse us of otherwise. We of course want all our customers to be satisfied and happy.

>>332981995
No plans or word on that, sorry anonymous.

>>332982874
Americans aren't quite...as cultured as Europeans, who are surrounded by a lot of wildly different smaller countries and cultures. Americans have this mindset where we expect the world to bend to our whim and they understand us, rather than we understand them. I doubt the average player of Persona or SMT is like this, but again, we try to make our products accessible so anyone can jump in. From some otakus relatively normal sister, to a 40 year old mom or dad. There are some subtleties that we keep in.

>>332983005
I'm no scientist, not sure on that one.

>>332983369
Of course we, anyone at Sega, or any business is not blackmailing you, but what's the goal of a business again? To profit. If a series has declining sales with negative critical reception and the fan base is dwindling away, from a business perspective, it just doesn't make sense. We love supporting our fans but we (I speak for Atlus and Sega) can't always jump on sinking ships and bite the bullet.

>>332983529
Thank you very much! P4 is a wonderful experience and I'm glad you're enjoying it.
>>
I heard that you guys are going to cancel ps3 one because is Sony money?is that true
>>
File: 1446447331815.png (127 KB, 482x484) Image search: [Google]
1446447331815.png
127 KB, 482x484
Will P5 have better waifus than 3 and 4?
>>
Do people at Atlus USA have opinions on TMS being censored?
>>
>>332976090
How long is p5? Please not another 20 hours things. And how many playable party and waifu?
>>
>>332979436
they reprinted radiant historia
>>
>>332984384
No, PS3 version is indeed still coming.

>>332984512
If you like punks and degenerates with sweet sides to them, I think you'll enjoy the waifus of P5 more than 3 and 4. There is some great drama and interactions in store with the cast and I think you'll really enjoy it.

>>332984779
I mean even if we weren't involved in the development, we at Atlus USA still feel that SMT is our baby, you know? Most of us are sad that we all don't get to work on it directly and bring the original product to our fans as close as possible. Personally, I'm disappointed that the game will get censored and more meme heavy. On the bright side for purists, the Japanese voices are intact. Another negative though, no physical and Wii U hard drives are tiny. Its a mixed bag all around. I myself have yet to get around the game and was never a big fan of Nintendo or Fire Emblem, so I'm in no rush. I will definitely play it at some point though.

>>332984918
Expect the standard 70/80+ hours. There will be a lot more minigames, dungeons have more design in them rather than being randomly generated, lots of events and cutscenes. Its a fun and action packed game with a lot of serious and intimate moments. I don't want to reveal the final amount of party members and waifus, but you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>332985245
>dungeons have more design in them rather than being randomly generated,
Thank god.

I know you're generally just reiterating what we already know though.
>>
>>332985620
I know and I'm sorry for not saying more. We're all trying to keep a tight lip on events and spoilers from the game. Everyone remembers how players spoiled the killer of P4 so easily and it saddened all of us, we're trying to avoid that situation again. I'm not big enough of a douche to ruin the game for any hopeful players who have waited for years for this.
>>
Can you guys really allowed to translate Sega games? Then why no Shining of Resonance. It seems like type of games you guys usually go for.
>>
>>332985245
>a lot more minigames.

Hell yes. Will they also be more complex than things like fishing?
I really wish P4 had more and more complex minigames, things like playable soccer matches, some activities to do with the kids at the caretaker center, making your own origami, and so on. The ideal would be one mini game for each job/club.
>>
>No source

>Idiots falling for this

I know that /v/ is retarded but god.
>>
I'm not even one of those people who always complains about no dual audio (though I can't blame them when a large percentage of English dubs are shit), but I'm really pretty much praying you guys get dual audio for P5. That Japanese lineup of VAs is insane. Please.
>>
>>332985245
Any word on what the collectors/special edition of the game might. I know it's probably a little too early to tell.
How much if the game have you translated so far? Is it close to being done, based on all the time it seems you've been given, that is?

if this is legit, thanks for at least giving us SOME info, even if it's vague and not 100% sure
>>
>>332986165
No different than any other "leak". Worst case, he's a fake and nothing happens. Best case, he's real and hears our wishes/complaints.
>>
>>332976090
How does one get a job at Atlus?
>>
Is this going to be WW release? If not, a 2016 release? Or are we going to wait for years and spoil ourselves before it comes over?
>>
No dual audio no buy.

I don't want to hear Ashley Burch and co. when I can hear THE RED COMET
>>
>>332986034
I mean, we don't get to pick and choose, we need some permission and the licenses and all that. We can sway them though. Resonance is a PS3 game isn't it? Sega really isn't eager to localize a PS3 exclusive, especially this late into the life I'm sure you can imagine. Thats up to them and us and our combined evaluation of the market. I don't want to say never, but the chances are pretty low currently. Sales for Shining games apparently dropped hard around the PS2 era.

>>332986164
If you've ever played a Yakuza or Shenmue game, expect it to be similar. A lot of miscellaneous side things you can choose to do. The jump to HD capable hardware really paid off and Atlus JP is doing as much as they can with it. Expect a lot of variation and side things to waste time in.

>>332986254
We're trying man. We realize the significance of the game and what it means to a lot of our fans. Even if it falls through, the game won't have a cringey dub. I've heard some of the recording and been to the studio a handful of times and you'll see a mix of new and old talent delivering some good lines. I can't promise you'll like it, but from what I've heard, the director is doing great things with the actors.

But yes, we always look into dual audio.

>>332986364
There will definitely be a collectors edition. The details of its contents are still not finalize but there will be some goodies. If we did one for P4G and DAN, of course you can expect some fun stuff for this one. Translating is going smoothly and the delays allowed us extra time to translate and record. I can't say exactly where it stands as a whole...but keep checking for some news and surprises. I think we'll make headlines when the time is right.

>>332986712
2016 release definitely. WW release...whose to say? You might find this out in the next Persona Conference stream or at our E3, stay tuned.

>>332986517
Knowing Japanese helped me, oddly enough.
>>
Glad to see you're trying to keep the original voices.
Will the US dub feature Laura Bailey?
>>
>>332976915
>I can't disclose much
>We plan to announce that at E3
Yeah nah fuck off.
>>
>>332987330
Miss Bailey is extremely talented and if you'll excuse me, has quite a gorgeous voice. I've always been a big fan of her. I can't reveal the actors but if you follow the anime/niche game side of the industry, you'll hear some familiar and new breakout talent. Please look forward to it.
>>
>>332987216
>old talent
Christ, dude, don't tell me Lorinthal is in again. Nothing personal against the guy, but I can't hear the character any more. I JUST HEAR HIM.
>>
Please, tell Atlus that there are people who are waiting for a proper definite version of Persona 3 (The Sapphire ?) for Vita and playstation 3/4. P3P was fucking terrible because of PSP limitations.
>>
>>332987610
>you'll hear some familiar and new breakout talent
pls no burch
>>
>>332987610
I love her too, she's the one who made me appreciate the dub so much (no offense for the others).
>>
>>332987216
I want to believe you about the 2016 release. But after seeing how John keep saying 2015 2015 release right before delay announcement. It seems like you guys don't even know about JP plans. Did the JP sides even coordinating with you guys about such things?
>>
>>332987664
Mr Lowenthal is certainly a popular and well known actor, no doubt about that. He's easy to work with, very polite and always manages to have a versatile schedule. Can't say whether he'll be in or not, but I do enjoy his work.

>>332987997
We have little say in what Atlus JP does, but of course we communicate and coordinate. An enhanced P3 would definitely be awesome and maybe it'll happen down the line.

>>332988164
We'll see!

>>332988219
Excellent taste my friend, its not often you hear a voice of the angels like Miss Bailey.
>>
File: Walu-ing in my tears.png (30 KB, 348x319) Image search: [Google]
Walu-ing in my tears.png
30 KB, 348x319
>>332988351
>We'll see!
>>
>>332986254
Post the picture
>>
>>332988351
You're on an anonymous image board and you still have the need to so drastically divert'n uptalk.
>>
>>332985245
I thought a physical version of TMS was coming? Official pics of the box art came out didn't it?
>>
>>332976648
Never. Much like SMT II, it involves killing the actual Christian God, and due to america being a "christian country" its not coming.
>>
>>332988332
We aren't always fully caught up in what Atlus is doing, but we are always in contact. That delay surprised us just as much as it did for the fans, and we're a branch of them! If you'll recall, they got that out of the way and started that stream with the new trailer and delay. It was very haphazardly done and sudden and seemed to come out of nowhere. Hardin was in Japan around that time and we expected him to come back with good news, but hey what can I say. We were all blindsided. Unless a giant technical problem comes out of nowhere or the porting to PS4 goes south again, 2016 is definitely indeed 'ours'.

>>332988485
Stay strong crying Waluigi ;_;

>>332988665
So it seems actually. That's funny, could've sworn that Nintendo stream said it was digital only. Perhaps it'll be a limited run like Devils Third was.
>>
File: fall of the house of tree.png (50 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
fall of the house of tree.png
50 KB, 300x400
>>332979845
>Our friends at Nintendo Treehouse
>>
>>332977886
>Atlus gives permission
>implying Sega isn't the one calling the shots now

I think you've been outed, anon.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sega-now-publishing-atlus-usa-games/
>>
>>332989286
I would agree that their localization work could be handled a bit better, but it can't be that bad. I know the internet, doubly so for 4chan denizens, tend to be overly critical and go crazy with the list of complaints. No offense to anyone here of course, its just the nature of the internet to take a good thing and corrupt it down to the lowest levels.

>>332990082
Each of our brands name are intact; Sega hasn't swallowed Atlus. We work closer and if Sega has a localization request and our schedules are cleared up, you're damn right we're getting to work.

Anyway guys, its 6:20 here in California and my family and I are going to start a barbecue on this lovely evening. It was a pleasure talking to you all and I enjoyed it, please follow us on our social media accounts and stay tuned for further developments and Atlus JPs plans for Persona 5! And of course, don't forget to check out our E3 booth and panel if you can. I can assure you will be pleased. Until then...
>>
>>332987610
Alright, thanks man.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.