[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be another mainstream game as good as Silent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: s9f8tzvqxfrc96zzugb7.jpg (826 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
s9f8tzvqxfrc96zzugb7.jpg
826 KB, 2000x1333
Will there ever be another mainstream game as good as Silent Hill 2?

Or even Silent Hill 1?
>>
Silent Hill 2 is one of the worst games ever made. It has commendable artistic input, but everything else is shit.
I'm serious.
>>
>>332974519
>I'm serious.
Noone cares, seeing you're wrong af

>>332974237
SH is dead. It's gonna be some other original work. Probably indie, but not by faggots, which, I know, seems to be an oxymoron these last couple of years. But I'm not seeing a big studio getting funding for a good horror game. The only one that might be up for it is Frictional games, which did an admirable job with Soma, but if they keep doing that boring shit where you have to hide from monsters and while not ''allowed'' to look at them, then I don't see that working out
>>
>>332974519
seriously dum
>>
>>332975208
>>332975409
Explain what exactly makes SH2 a masterpiece, or even just good, without resorting to MUH ATMOSPHERE. Muh atmosphere alone cannot carry a game
>>
>>332974519
You are the most plebian of plebs.
>>
>>332975657
Muh story
Muh characters
Muh gameplay
Muh immersion
Muh feels
>Muh atmosphere.
>>
>>332975657
it's a good narrative-driven horror adventure with solid puzzle elements, and yes, oppressive atmosphere

you explore shit, it's engaging, and the story is meaningful and interesting

fuck you
>>
>>332975906
Don't forget muh level design.

Manages to strike the balance between glowing waypoint and what the fuck do I do pretty well.
>>
>>332974237
>>
Don't forget the soundtrack. That shit's good.
>>
>>332975906
Don't forget sound design and soundtrack.
>>
>>332975906
>>332975957
>>332976127
>Story
eh..I guess it was okay, if it wasn't in your face with symbolism.
>Characters
James has no character (apart from aforementioned freudian bullshit), other characters are annoying and useless as fuck. Little girl is annoying, fat fuck is annoying, dumb bitch is annoying. Voice acting is awful and you keep wondering how they keep teleporting to places you had to solve trillion puzzles to get to (yeah, I know why, its still retarded)
>gameplay
Check every door, pick everything, continue to backtrack and be annoyed because puzzles make no logical sense. The monsters aren't scary, present no danger, and combat system is shitty
>level design
Spooky apartment, spooky hospital, spooky prison. Smear every wall with shit and blood for maximum spooky. So spooky
>immersion, feels
Out of arguments, huh?
>>
>>332976806
maybe RE6 is a game more tailored to your personal taste
>>
>>332976806
Just quit vidya and kill yourself.
>>
>>332977096
Not him but I love both.
>>
HIT THE LEVER
>>
>>332974237
4 was better.
>>
>>332977891
maybe you're a schizo and one part of you is normal, while the other is a retard like that anon
>>
>>332974237
Nope. Because the trend isn't streering towards horror/story games.

Only thing close to it now is The Last of Us, which was more of a stealth/drama game. Not horror.

And now if people are doing horror games, it is going to copy The Last of Us like how The Evil Within did because it sells. Atleast that is what I think in my perspective.

I hope you like assault rifles, combining items and poor stealth mechanics anon.
>>
>>332978105
Interesting opinion, elaboration please.
>>
>>332974237
>silent hill 2 was good
you and everybody like you are the reason that silent hill is dead.

3 was the best, followed by Silent Hill, 2 and 4 are tied, one does horror better, one does strange story better
>>
>>332978965
fuck off twinperfect

everyone hates you
>>
>>332976253
I dunno, I didn't like 3 all that much. Sure, it had good visuals and sound, and fairly fluid gameplay, but it just didn't sort of hold together for me as a cohesive experience like its predecessors.

I also didn't like Heather.

For me, 2 > 1 >> 3 >> 4.
>>
>>332978684
It's a real shame. I wish Silent Hills could have happened. If it had been like PT, it could have been amazing.
>>
>>332974237
If team silent makes it.

You have no fucking idea the amount of fucking money I would spend on a remake of silent hill 1 and actual HD remasters / remakes of 2 and 3 that are made by team silent....
>>
>>332976806
>Smear every wall with shit and blood for maximum spooky. So spooky
Am I really the one without arguments?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (15 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
15 KB, 300x168
>>332974519
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.