[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about the God of War series-ATHEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 27
File: Kratos-God-of-War-4.jpg (518 KB, 754x792) Image search: [Google]
Kratos-God-of-War-4.jpg
518 KB, 754x792
What does /v/ think about the God of War series-ATHEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
It's a fine serie

1-3 were good
The rest was meh
>>
>>332973556
Ghost of Sparta was better than 3.
>>
I like it.

Mindless buttonmasher with fun weapons, spells, and settings. One of the coolest fucking PS2 games at the time for pulling off some of the coolest shit never seen before, like Kronos, Aries, etc.

1 & 2 were excellent games. 3 was ok, and that last one was garbage.
>>
First game is godlike.
Second game is titantier.
Third game is goty.
>>
>>332974849
Hey saucey
>>
>>332974656
Remember playing 1 when I was 14 without having really ever played a particularly violent or gory video game before and I was just blown away by that Hydra fight. One of the best executed set pieces in video games, I think. Was a bit disappointed with the rest of the game, though, not to mention that it's peppered with incredibly frustrating moments and "that bit"s.

It feels like they went all out with the budget on that first level and kind of had scraps to deal with for the rest of the game.

THIS GAMES GONNA GET YOU LAID
>>
>>332974656
You actually can unlock a fair few combos and one of the pratfalls of /v/ about these games is that it's a mindless button masher, but is there really any reason to do anything other than the Square Square Triangle combo?
>>
Honestly like them even though they are buttonmashers
Ridiculous presentation though
>>
File: 305.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>No Damage challenges
When will they stop this?
At least it's not like the first game where you had to do them all in one sitting.
>>
2 and Ghost of Sparta were the best packages over all, 1 had the best characterization of Kratos and the best build up for its plot, 3 had the best gameplay but it's plot was a mess.
Chains and Ascension were mistakes.
>>
instead of making Ascension they should had made a new chapter with Deimos, he is so much cooler than Kratos.
>>
>>332977421
I played ascension for a bit at a friends house. Christ what a mess.
>>
Played one, you played them all.
>>
>>332977631
This.
I mean I like them but they're all the same, gameplay wise.
>>332977421
Chains definitely was, though I haven't played Ascension yet. What is so terrible about it?
>>
>>332977631

It depends, the second is way better than the first one and ghost of sparta is like 2 but way better.
>>
>that big ass lightning twohander you get in gow2
>get to keep it in ng+
Do the gow games emulate somewhat good? I need to replay them
>>
>>332973478
Not a bad series. I liked the 1-3, but didn't play the others. Also, despite Kratos having his personality converted into "revenge this, revenge that" after the first game, I've always thought Kratos looked really cool design-wise.
>>
is kinda sad they actually improved the gameplay a lot for 3 but they refused (or couldn't) ramp up the enemy design to match what you could do in that game, it felt like you had so many tools but it didn't matter because the enemies never give you a real reason to use them beside not wanting to use the same weapon for sake of variety
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o (excuse the buttrock is just to show what you could do in the game)
>>
>>332978054
yea, that's how i played them originally back in 2010, so one can only assume they emulate even better now.
>>
>>332973478
Simplest and least good series of its genre, outclassed by DMC and Ninja Gaiden.

Then again its been consistente with its quality, while DMC and NG latest titles have been garbage GoW wasnt.
>>
I thought they were okay, but in a "killing shit is fun" rather than "perfecting style" sort of way.
>>
>>332977915
>What is so terrible about it?
all the development went to make the new multiplayer (like GOW needed a multiplayer in the first place), the story was a completely unnecessary chapter between Chain of Olympus and GOW1 with a completely uninteresting plot, they even cpmpletely miss the oportunity of using Ares again which one would think it would be the whole point of using that precise point in the story, no extra weapons you only get elements to use with your blades of chaos and all the new mechanics are only interesting for puzzles but boring for combat.
>>
>>332978207
Yeah like I said you can actually do a fair amount of combos in the game if you bother to check, which runs contrary to /v/'s usual assessment of the games that it's just a button masher and they'll break out that CUHRAYZEE tricycle image, which just indicates that they haven't played it and want to preserve their precious Japanese title (despite many current Japanese devs actually loving the God of War games recently and taking influence from them).

But yeah, there's not much of a reason to do anything other than Plume of Prometheus (Square, Square, Triangle), parry and dodge.
>>
>>332978532
>least good series of its genre
did you forgot Dante's inferno, Marlo Briggs and a sea of way more mediocre character action games?
>>
GoS
CoO
Ascension
>>
>>332978802
You can, but they're never as involved as NG's combos nor link well like DMC's.

I mean, the games are really fun I'll admit and aren't totally braindead, but there's not that much going on technically compared to other games in its genre.
>>
>>332978672
As I recall it's chronologically the first game in the series, isn't it? Fair assessment though. I'll give it a go eventually; got it kind of sitting there on PS+ and waiting til I finish 3 (plus its huge fucking file size).

Is it just me or does 3 look WORSE on the PS4? I dunno, apparently it's upscaled and it runs at 60fps but I'm not convinced. The cutscenes for example have not been updated well at all.
>>
>>332973478
Fantastic overall but diminishing. 1 had that great balance of combat and puzzles, high action and slower portions. 2 and 3 kept upping the action and repeating too many ideas (going to the underworld, losing powers, etc). Ascension or whatever the last one was called was ok but really had nothing new to add.

They really need to revamp the series. Move on to new gods or a new time period.
>>
>>332978826
I thought Dante's Inferno was better in all honesty.
>>
>>332979248
maybe better than chain of Olympus and Asuncion but in no way better than GOW1 to 3 and Ghost of Sparta
>>
>>332979737
Ascension*
>>
File: 1412040736837.png (200 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
1412040736837.png
200 KB, 500x746
>>332978826
Nigga don't you badmouth marlow briggs that game was tight as shit
>>
>>332980667
it was ok i guess, i preferred the Splatterhouse over it though.
>>
POL
DEVIL
POT O TEA
DOH
DEVIL
POT O TEA
>>
>>332981460
ALL US HOLD BALLSACK
>>
>>332981460
DANANANANNA DANANAN
BUM BUM BUM
DANANNAN DANANA
>>
Loved 1 and 2, 3 was fine. I emulated both CoO and GoS but they're like demos of the original ones. Dont know how is Ascension, multiplayer stuff sounded good, did it turn out to be shit?
>>
3 is probably my favorite ps3 game of all time, I know a lot of fans disliked it but to me its the biggest scale of the series with best visuals which really adds to the expierience, as it feels like I'm in a movie, not to sound like one of those "cinematic hurr durr" sonyggers, but it also has the smoothest controls right next to ghost of sparta.
I also just like the premise, your a pissed off demi god singlehandidly killing the asshole gods and destroying the world in the proccess, i'm really excited to see what happends in 4
>>
>>332980973
See, Splatterhouse got crucified by the critics, but I watched my mate play some of it (who bought it for like 90 dollarydoos at launch and traded it in for like 20 before I had a chance to borrow it) and it looked pretty good, and most players tend to agree that it's at least worth a playthrough. Never got around to playing it though I might soon as it's dirt cheap now.
>>
File: 1285540877478.jpg (30 KB, 349x345) Image search: [Google]
1285540877478.jpg
30 KB, 349x345
>Scorpion boss on CHAOS difficulty
>>
>>332981460
KRAAAAAAAATOS
SEEEEEE PUSS
REE PEE
REE PEE
KRAAAAAAAATOSSSSSSSS
SEEEEE PUSS
REEEE PEE
REEEE PEE
>>
>>332981727
>>332981858
I think the reason why Ghost of Sparta and 2 were so good was just the variety of locations you could visit. The first game had the problem of being stuck in Pandora's Temple for like 60% of the game, which was a result of them running out of time developing it as well as cutting out a lot of things. The dev videos that come with the game are pretty interesting in explaining that shit.

Also what I love about the series is that unlike a lot of other American developed media it's not overly sanitised. It all feels very brutal and unfettered, which is rare for American media, especially for a mainstream game, of all things.
>>
>>332981935
that game was pretty fun but the main appeal of that game was all the fanservice to the oldschool game, like the boss fight with biggyman and the mirror ricks, the dialog also was excellent especially from the Terror Mask Jim Cummings took that role i kicked it out of the fucking park, but yeah the game had a lot of problems that came from its rocky development (though the infamous loading times weren't there for me, i played the ps3 version, maybe is the 360 version that has it worst)
>>
>>332981858
>3 is probably my favorite ps3 game of all time

God Of War 3's opening is one of the greatest technological feats in vidya. How the fuck they pulled that off is a mystery. It also looks fucking great still.
>>
>>332977631
While technically this is true, it's pretty fun to explore the expanded worlds that the next titles present to you.

Except in Ascension case. Skip that one.
>>
>>332982463
Yeah, its pretty rare to have a buff (kinda) white dude killing tons of monsters in gory detail and banging tig bittied women, like you said, especially nowadays. I hope they keep to tradition in 4
>>
>>332975046
hi
>>
>>332973556
This. There no DMC but there fun and the stoey is great .
>>
>>332982605
>BEFORE THE AGE OF THE TWILIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5jpO6CzrQ
this shit is the most badass cool thing ever and makes me so hype
THE MAN
THE LEGEND, KRATOS
WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE
>>
>GoW1
Lots of fun playing it the first time. Blade of Artemis was my favorite. Loved all the extras you could unlock. Interesting videos.

GoW2
>Epic beginning. As a teen, I was pretty stoked that the very first boss was the Colossus. Didn't get to get to far past the 3rd lvl though, rented it from Hollywood the first week it was out and the fucking disc was already scratched enough to stop progression.

>GoW3
Was hype for it. The E3 reveal demo was sick. Ripping Helios' fucking head off was brutal. Game visually looked great for it's time. Need of see footage of the PS4 remaster.

Never go to fully play any of the PSP games. Seemed interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 900x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 900x642
L3 + R3
>>
>>332976983
>Did all god trials when I was like 13
>Get frustrated with them now because there bullshit
>Hack the trophies instead
Feels good.
>>
>>332978826
>Dantes inferno was bad

Only bad about it were the lazy enemy designs being reused over and over .

That game was fucking fantastic and only needed to get polished.
>>
File: 1394535112417.jpg (225 KB, 647x526) Image search: [Google]
1394535112417.jpg
225 KB, 647x526
>>332978207
>using summon archers to juggle satyrs

That's brilliant as fuck; why I never thought of that?!
>>
>>332983371
This so bad.

I was really excited to see a game made. The dev diaries were pretty sick too.
>>
>>332978612
Yeah; that's the thing with these games. They were built on killing, rather than styling.
It's not bad, but I guess this is why people trying to compare them with DMC badmouth them, when in reality, they have a different focus.

If DMC niggas really want to get cuhrayzee tho, they still can. It's just that the game doesn't have a Style Meter to keep on how cuhrayzee you are.
>>
File: Sacrifice_Man.jpg (28 KB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
Sacrifice_Man.jpg
28 KB, 450x271
>>332973478
Kratos was burning people in cages before isis.

The games are good. I wish they would reboot the series or something.
>>
>>332982505
I was gonna mention Jim Cumming's performance. When I watched my mate play it I picked up on it and I'm like hold on is that him? It's a fantastic performance.
>>
Shit.
>>
File: 1323467.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1323467.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>332983038
ouch. It's been years, but i still remember that.
>>
>>332983004
Don't play Chains of Olympus, it's really short. Ghost of Sparta is very good, though. Get them for PS3 if you have to.

Although is it just me or does the PS4 version of 3 look worse? I dunno, the cutscenes definitely look worse, at least.
>>
>tfw no God of War ripoff h-game where you play as a flat-faced guy who goes to fuck the entirety of the Greek mythology who mostly got rule 63'd
>>
>>332984370
The version we got was changed to a generic undead soldier, which I thought was strange at the time to see Kratos react like that, then of course I found out years later it was censored for the Australian release. Why this, in spite of everything else left in that was untouched was censored I'll never know, and it was STILL censored in the PS3 version.
>>
File: 1392683522552.gif (2 MB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
1392683522552.gif
2 MB, 244x244
>>332981939
>clones fight after Ares in God mode
>>
>>332982749
>I hope they keep to tradition in 4
After that capitulation with Ascension's trophy I highly doubt it. I think the sex minigame was removed, too in that game. Another reason to skip it. If you unlock it offline after uninstalling the patch/first starting it up does it still say Bro's before Ho's and stay like that?
It's especially bad considering a FEMALE member of the dev team originally came up with it, which seems to be the case with a lot of these complaints (see the sexy t shirt space man thing); that is, men complaining about women's issues when a woman came up with it. That was when this whole bullshit movement really started to gain momentum.

Gutpunch of Misogyny
>>
>>332984849
uhhhgg..censoring video games is so dumb.

>STILL censored in the PS3 version

redonkulous
>>
>>332983038
>know it's coming
>still flinch like a babby
>>
>>332984629
If the cutscenes are prerendered they probably aren't upscaled
>>
File: RHIEWRF.png (595 KB, 1036x1000) Image search: [Google]
RHIEWRF.png
595 KB, 1036x1000
>>332984662
>Rule 63 Kratos
Got you covered fampai
>>
>>332985318
Oh shit, really? I enver played Ascension, but I heard something about a bald cocaine addict whining about the game
I'm sad now
>>
>>332973478
I really hate most of God of War III's bosses. A lot of them are designed boringly, especially the Cronus and Hercules fight.
>>
>>332987430
i understand Cronos, but Hercules was fine, what was so boring about him?
>>
>>332982749
Kratos without the ash skin have a brownish base skin and I think he have a black voice actor
>>
>>332973478
I thought overall it was a fun series. I do want a sequel using another mythology/setting like a God of War set in Egypt with all the Egyptian Gods.
>>
>>332988037
(kinda)
and yeah the voice actor is this big black guy with a bear
in my mind hes just a really tan white guy
still, its a man thats not overtly "diverse"
>>
>>332988037
yeah Kratos is greek so it is normal that he seems brownish, before the ash curse that was inflicted on him, you can see it in the flashback, and idk i remember correctly but a least one alt costume in one of the games has him without the ash skin tone.
>>
>>332987752
He said he want to kill you so he can take the God of War title from you and yet he fucking start out sending mooks to fight you while he watch. When he finally enter the battle he uses a weapon that was only related to the myth by name and was a lumbering slow shit, and in the last stage his only real moves are just chasing you just so he can bear hug you. His moves are just boring and simple, making him look like a glorified big mook.

They should have made the fight a reflection of his legend with a wide variety of arsenal battle, like with his hydra bow. Heracles was actually damn agile and cunning in the legends. So he would be trying to outflank you from unexpected angle, throwing shit it a way to so he can perform a follow up combo on you. And develope ways to try to neutralize your weapons.
>>
File: 1459221794847.jpg (336 KB, 1000x1247) Image search: [Google]
1459221794847.jpg
336 KB, 1000x1247
>>332988363
Playing as Muhammed on his conquest of the middle east for Allah would be interesting too. I'd like to see how all the sjw's in the industry would respond to that.
>>
>that final fight in gow1
>rip off the fucking sword stonebridge and shank a nigga
God damn these games were pretty crazy now that I think about it
>>
>>332983038
Fucking genius. Only GoW could make QTEs so satisfying.
>>
>>332989168
he actually does more than just chase you in harder difficulties, he actually uses the cestus, is just that you can cheap out a lot of the fight by abusing the running grab attacks, but i understand they focused on him as a brute rather than a cunning hero which can be really disappointing, but the cestus are relevant to hercules because in greek culture Hercules is credited with the creation of boxing and pugilism, thus why he has cestus which are ancient boxing gloves.
>>
2 and Ghost of Sparta were the best ones.
>>
>>332990375
Except he cant do that when you take the cestus from him. And even when he had it he was a slow lumbering shit
>>
>>332983371
I remember that one trailer with aint no sunshine, and the demo being a ripoff, but solid, of GoW
>>
>>332974656
2 was bloody amazing.

Blew my mind.
>>
>>332973478
Lost interest after 3.
>>
>>332973478
1 and 2 were great.

3 played well, but Kratos's rage was almost a parody of itself at that point. He had finally run out of legitimate reasons to be angry.
>>
>that feel when you LIKED the Hell level.

I don't know why people complained, that shit was fun.
>>
>>332992992
if you are talking about hades in GOW1, people complained about the bladed wall and the bladed platforms because they went through for way too long and made the puzzles annoying, as for the Hades levels in later games, people just complained about them because the past game had already done it, which by god of war 3 visiting hades became a tradition for better or for worse.
>>
>>332973478
Kratos vs his clones is still my favorite thing out of the franchise.
The last battle was amazing thanks to the gameplay and the huge build up to that point
>ares there's no way you can stop me. I will save my family
>>
>>332987430
I like execution of the Hercules fight
pancakes
>>
>>332989429
What is this image conveying? The death of a pig is a bigger sin than the death of thousands of humans? Because angels supported him?
>>
>>332993406
Nah, I mean GoW1.

I loved it. Even the blades. Even when I lost.

Idk
>>
I think they're all pretty fucking great actually, /v/ traditionally completely shits on them claiming that ninja Gaiden, dmc, etc is better but I honestly don't think of them as the same kind of game
>>
>Sword-fucking Zues in the chest rawdog style at the end of GoW2.

Fuck to the yes!
>>
>>332992785
I loved it when Kratos killed Gaia as well
>>
>>332993765
That was really out of nowhere. It's like he killed her "just because".
>>
>>332977631
You could say the same thing about dork souls, yet people never seem to get get tired of it.
>>
>>332993882
Didn't she betray him or something
Him killing everything was amazing though, he literally killed everything if I'm remembering correctly because the world was thrown into the apocalypse
>>
File: Kratosmad.jpg (39 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Kratosmad.jpg
39 KB, 640x400
>>332993431
The final confrontation in GoW1 was really the high point in the series, and the game was the best imo. GoW3 could have probably surpassed it, but things really slowed down after Hades and never picked back up.
>mfw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0VCujqlxGc started playing while killing clones and protecting my family
>>
Kratos is a fucking dick, especially after GOW 1

Zeus did NOTHING wrong
>>
>loved gow1
>never finished gow2 because I got a ps3 halfway through my playthrough and never went back to it
>>
>>332976283
i remember playing gow 2 on titan and that hammer was my fuckin savior

that dps was high as fuck
>>
>>332994204
Zeus didn't pull out
Zeus didn't just give him his shitty family
>>
>>332993650
>The death of a pig is a bigger sin than the death of thousands of humans?

No but, the Angel of death is holding up the weight of Muhammads evil deeds to make it seem that way

but gods eye sees all.
>>
>>332981939
>protecting the translator in gow 2
>>
>>332994035
Yeah, every time he killed a god a huge disaster happened. For example when Poseidon died the sea levels rose and a huge chunk of Greece drowned
>>
>>332994570
Yeah
Also wasn't gaia the narrator for the series
I remember someone prattling on about hope after she died, who took over as narrator? or was there no narrator
>>
File: ngupg7nZDH1r3jp53.png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
ngupg7nZDH1r3jp53.png
63 KB, 367x202
>>332981939
>Cerberus and Satyrs on chaos difficulty
>>
>all the titties in this game

I fucking loved it
>>
>>332994494
At least you could kill him at the end of it, that was pretty satisfying.
>>
>>332994071
The whole moment was amazing. The incredible music, the clones, the reason Kratos was fighting so hard. there's nothing except Kratos, the emptiness of space and the only chance kratos is going to get to save his family
>>
File: 1332809891570.jpg (8 KB, 176x137) Image search: [Google]
1332809891570.jpg
8 KB, 176x137
>>332994494
Wew lad, i just had some ptsd flashbacks of trying to do that on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>332985239
Honestly, the actual fight with Ares when you just have the sword of Olympus is way harder. As soon as you get close to winning, a QTE comes out of nowhere and you'll probably fail it because you were mashing like crazy to hit Ares.
>>
File: fun times.jpg (146 KB, 960x659) Image search: [Google]
fun times.jpg
146 KB, 960x659
>>332994770
remember me ?
>>
File: 1459538140526.jpg (43 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1459538140526.jpg
43 KB, 612x380
>>332981939
>>332994494
>>332995142
>Theseus on Titan
Gow 2 in titan was so fucking. But i never raged so hard in a game like a did against theseus, i spended two weeks until I smashed his stupid face. After thatI became inmune to get mad
>>
>>332973478
REALLY like the first and Ghost of Sparta.
The second one was fun.
The third one is a mess, with a lot of things that contradicts Krato's character that was
established in the first game.

Chain of Olimpus is so bad that no one likes to remember that it existed.
>>
>>332973478
square square triangle
>>
The kind of series that needs so much a NG+ mode. It would make all the games so much more fun.
>>
>>332995783
>a lot of things that contradicts Krato's character

Like what?
>>
>>332995640
>having trouble with Theseus
The real bullshit boss on titan was barbarian king
>>
it was a nice tribute to old school hack and slash and the puzzles were a welcome changeup. boss qtes bring a 9/10 series down to 7/10 though
>>
>>332996039
He being the host of "hope". He is a
cynical mad man that believes only on power. He doesn't "hope" for something, if he wants that thing he will make it happen and crash any skulls to make it happen.
>>
I loved the references to Jason and the Argonauts during most of the series, specially considering it was the primary inspiration for the game.
>>
The gameplay is pretty good, on easier levels you can use just square but in titan mode the variety is necessary.
>>
>>332996291
Believe the rest of the game was still hard but I never found something so rage worthy like that fight for me.
The only thing that gets closer to that was the original punch out fight vs mr dream and protecting the translators.
Besides that somehow I was able to defeat the rest of the bosses without having real problems.
But that's just me
>>
>>332996520
I'm pretty sure all that shit was Athena making stuff up to keep Kratos do what she wanted, which was kill everybody.
>>
>>332996682
But plume of Promethesus is spammed a lot on highest difficulty, especially against super armor
>>
>>332973478
I used to think of them more like action/adventure games instead of hack & slash and quite frankly I had a lot of fun playing them back in the day. Sure, DMC , bayonetta and NG are more "complex" but GoW games are still fun imo. Also, the button smashing thing is a pretty retarded reason to call it bad, the game does have some simple combos you can do and besides what's next? is medievil bad because you smash buttons too?
>>
>>332996520
DId you even play GoW3?

Kratos got "infected" like all other gods upon opening the box, he also didn't believe in all that hope thing but Pandora gave him a pep talk, saying that when you lose everything there's still hope, and true to that Kratos was about to lose everything in the end so he started believing in that, which activated the "hope" he got from opening the box.
>>
>>332996856
nah, he was just pissed because Zeus made a chest vagina on him.
That bullshit of "oh no he was mad because of his brother" was made just for Ghost of Sparta.

At least Ghost of Sparta is really good.
>>
Remember playing GOW1 when it was knew and watching the bonus features, specifically the one called "the fate of the titan" in which a group of modern day explores find the corpse of Cronos with the temple of pandora still on his back and it was implied that they were considering doing a sequel in modern times? I wonder how would they made that work.
>>
>>332997372
There are quite of thoughts from Greek scholars that the Ancient Greeks considered hope as one of the evils of the jar/box
>>
>>332994339
I don't agree with that dude saying Zeus did nothing wrong, but:

>Zeus didn't pull out
Why would he? Kratos was literally starting wars because he was bored as the God of War
>Zeus didn't just give him his shitty family
Zeus never promissed that, he promissed to make the suffering stop, which he lied but still.
>>
>>332990121
I still don't know how I didn't saw that one coming, seeing that's so obvious.

Still pretty awesome.
>>
>>332997372
No, he got hope. The rest f the gods got different things. Zeus got fear, for example.
>>
>>332997767
i meant during conception

Doesn't matter what he promised him, just give him his family so he can fuck off to some farmland and be happy
>>
>>332997854
Did you even read the post? I literally said Kratos got infected with hope right there.
>>
>>332998193
>i meant during conception
It's Zeus we are talking about here.
>>
I'm going to miss the sex mini games in all future gow titles.

Niggas can't have fun no more
>>
>>332997767
No, Athena just said the gods promised to FORGIVE Kratos' sin.
>>
>>332997604
the basis used as plot for Ghost of Sparta were established as early as GOW1, he did had legit reasons to hate Zeus, still doesn't excuse all of Kratos actions or the fact that his greed for power is what started all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr83B6SsITc
>>
>>332998307
Just because it becomes routine doesn't make it any less wrong
>>
>tfw no God of Olympus game where you play as Zeus just going around fucking everything that moves while keeping the world in check
>>
>>332997767
>he promissed to make the suffering stop, which he lied but still.
No, the gods didn't promise that at all, they just promised to forgive the sin, Kratos just misinterprets it.
>>
>>332998221
yeah yeah, read it again, my mistake.
>>
File: 412983712593861.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
412983712593861.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
J U S T
>>
File: 1434241082179.png (244 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1434241082179.png
244 KB, 480x368
>the kratos clone fight on God
>>
>>332998476
That shit was INTENSE.
>>
>>332998425
Kratos did repeatedly asked if the task would bring end to his nightmares, and Athena openly lied to him.
>>
>>332998459
Satyrs will never not be the most annoying enemy in the entire franchise
>>
GUT PUNCH OF MISOGYNY
>>
Did Ascension kill the seies? GoW4 fucking when?
>yfw it's announced at this year's e3 as PS4K launch title
>>
>>332994006
Dark Souls is different as the stages are all linked
Dark Souls 2 improved on the gameplay

What are you talking about?
>>
File: gow 3.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gow 3.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
its fun, but deceptively difficult on higher difficulties. You may not feel challenged at all, then you get towards the end and theres ALWAYS one or two total bullshit parts in the game like >>332998476 or pic related
>>
>>332998786
THAT
FUCKING
CERBERUS

HOLY SHIT, WHY GAME?
>>
It always bothered me that Kratos was such a scumbag hypocrite who betrayed his oath to Ares, who saved him after he was begging for it.
>>
>>332998615
I don't think that actually happened.
>>
File: mahsides.jpg (268 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mahsides.jpg
268 KB, 1024x768
>>332998730
>>
>Original game ends with Kratos preciding over warfare till modern times.
>Sequel fucks with that right away with Kratos missusing his status as the God of War and loses the right.

There should have never been sequels.
>>
>>332993431
>tfw he's near his family and becomes a better character

It's weird and sad to see this raging ball of muscles and anger becoming a sobbing mess in some cutscenes.
>>
>>332998880
I don't think you're supposed to like Kratos
>>
>>332998880
Kratos didn't think Aries would blind him with rage and force his hand into killing his family.
>>
>>332998937
It happened, that's the reason Kratos even goes through all that.
>>
>>332998786
played on the highest difficulty setting. That was the hardest part on my whole playthrough.
>>
>>332998756
Ascension was bad but it sold well and mainstream audience received it well, i feel they just stopped because they realized they could no longer move the plot forward with Kratos, I personally would like a new series with Deimos or a completely new characters that makes sense with the agresive over the top violence the series is known for.
>>
>>332998849
Whats more annoying is that I had 0 rage meter since I just used it in the previous fight with all the sirens, crystal soldiers, minotaurs, and the faggots that burrow underground that seemed to take forever and then the game drops me into that and I just wasnt having it at all.

Maxed out cestus barely tickles him too, not to mention the god damn satyrs
>>
File: it will always be a mystery.jpg (105 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
it will always be a mystery.jpg
105 KB, 900x900
I'm going to copy this argument from another anon, and this was taken from /tv/ This place is so shit I can get more in-depth conversations from /b/

The first GoW has a story about having a reason to exact, only to find Kratos still felt alone and unaccomplished for slaying the God that killed his family

The game makes sense to end with him committing suicide to end his torturing. However for the rest of the main games you become Athena's bitch purely to gain power. He kills all the Gods when the 1st game taught him that bringing revenge brings no closure to himself
>>
>>332998880
>>332999067
Kratos pretty much continuously starts to try to shift all of the blame for his dilemma onto other people so he wouldn't have himself to blame.
>>
File: 1452261136756.jpg (15 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1452261136756.jpg
15 KB, 174x167
>>332999000
>that entire part

As much as people like to give the spinoffs shit, they usually give Kratos a lot more character and justification on why he did all that shit throughout the main games.
>>
>>332998786
is there a harder part in all of Gow3?
>>
>>332999140
I was talking about Athena saying that the stuff. She never said anything about ending the nightmare. But she was just being vague when she wasn't talking about the forgiveness part.
>>
>>332999186
Its like Pirates of the Carribean

1 is a more self contained plot while 2 and 3 only exist due to the first's popularity and as such have a connected plot to each other but not so much to the first
>>
>>332998937
https://youtu.be/rI5z93eTuKw?t=2m15s
at 2:15
>>
File: qwKqx.jpg?fb.jpg (47 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
qwKqx.jpg?fb.jpg
47 KB, 480x270
>>332993882
>nigger is on a quest to kill every fucker who has betrayed him
>Gaia betrays him
>>
>>332999186
Yeah, kinda makes sense that he kills himself at the end of GOW3 though. Maybe he also realizes that.
>>
>>332973478
It ruined Star Wars games because Lucasarts thought a God of war clone was a better idea than Battlefront 3.
>>
>>332999260
Kratos does spiral all the mess further, still, killing his family was not on him, others characters he meets shove on his face that it was merely karma of him being a muderous Spartan, doesn't change the fact Aries magically blinded him.
>>
>>332999509
No she didn't say it at all, she just evaded him when he talked about his nightmare and talked about his final task. And when he asked about the compensation, she just said the past that consumed him will be forgiven.
>>
>>332999509
>will be forgiven

So you just proved his point.
>>
>>332999639
TFA drawing point was the euphoria engine though
>NO ENCOUNTER WILL BE THE SAME
>all encounters are the same, the ragdolls arent though
>>
>>332999682
Pretty sure it was Kratos just killing everything in the temple with his berserker rage. He just didn't expect that his family being there despite remembering seen them last in Sparta.

All Ares did was move his family into the target site.
>>
>>332998786
>>332998849
>>332999143
>>332999431
Glad I wasn't alone. Had to have my best bro beat that for me. :^)
>>
File: kratosissues.jpg (250 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
kratosissues.jpg
250 KB, 750x600
>>332999000
to be fair that attitude comes also from deep regret of what he did, is hard to imagine Kratos personality being that much different before he committed his crimes.
>>
>>332999000
>Anyway, I’m of the opinion that Kratos is a bit of an anomaly in the world of Macho Action Dudes, in that he is just a bottomless sieve of emotions. Like, usually action dudes have their moment of unrestrained rage at the end of the story to prove What A Badass Dude they can be, that Super Saiyan “You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry” moment where they let it all out. Kratos, on the other hand is like… perpetually exhaustingly angry. And when he runs out of angry, he’s sad. He’s just this constant torrent of unrestrained heart-on-his-sleeve emotional whiplash. He’s never the cocky, aloof, too-cool-for-school emotionally distant robot you expect to play in a macho action dude game, he just kind of exists in this cycle of getting all angried out and trying to kill himself until someone on the suicide watch crew can find him a new thing to be angry about. He’s the only game hero I can think of who’s like “Oh man, I checked everything off my to-do list and now I’m out of things to be mad at, I am so drained I think I’m going to kill myself now”.
>>
>>333000850
is that a quote from the chick who draws Manly guys doing manly things right?
>>
>>333000983
yeah
>>
>>332996291
What the fuck, really? I always beat HAMMERTIME man on the first go, but Theseus really fucks me. He requires a lot more patience, the fight takes like 15 minutes, and you have to do it from the top if he kills you, the projectile spamimng bastard
>>
>>333001035
she made me realize how funny Kratos can be out of context
>>
garbage
>>
GoW2 is easily one of the best action games out there.
>>
Never played the PSP games, are they any good? Are the PS# HD versions alright?
>>
>>333002797
Chains of Olympus was made at the begging of the psp life cycle and it shows, is commonly regarded as the worse in the series, its plot is fairly unimportant to the overall series so you can skip it but the game is short enough to be played just for sake of curiosity, Ghost of Sparta on the other hand was made by the time the development team had a lot of experience with the PSP and it shows, the game is regarded as one of the best in the series, its plot is basically made of two originally rejected concepts from GOW1 (kratos' mother death and Kratos' lost brother) and it ends up fitting quite well in the series timeline.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCljnppxqrk
still the coolest way to show unused assets, i wish they had kept doing it in the later games.
>>
Played for Aphrodite's tits
>>
>>333003656
I loved all the BTS stuff in the earlier GoW games. Really interesting insight into the games development.
>>
>>332998410
Main villain is Echidna, final boss is Typhon being released from Mt. Etna.

Not a no named bitch like in GoW 3.
>>
>>332994219
You can play it on PS3 now, AND it runs and looks better and has trophies too.

No excuse now. Really is the best game in the series.
>>
>>332994897
Really is one of the only American games that doesn't hold back at all with that shit. Nice to see a piece of American media that isn't completely sanitised.
>>
i decided to check back on Ascension in why i never cared for the multiplayer and i remember now, the fucking counter system is so bad in that game they even ruined the counter system in the story mode too, what was a quick animation in the other games, now takes ages and is practically uses against non human players, and you will need to lucky as heel if a human players falls for it too.
>>
>>332995783
Chains of Olympus is by far the worst game in the series but it's still alright, just really short, and I mean REALLY short. I beat it in an afternoon. Oh and that stupid Blue Dragon style demon thing which did not belong at all in the series.
>>
>>332995984
But they do? 2 does, at least.
>>
>>333005015
They caved in with the "Bros Before Hoes" trophy being changed though.
>>
>>332996571
Like Jason and the Argonauts getting eaten in 2? kek
>>
>>332997604
Well Ghost of Sparta is set before 2 so it fits in.
>>
>>332997683
Remember how a lot of shit in the bonus features contradicts the later games which is a shame because some of it was pretty cool.
>>
>>333005015
They originally wanted all the monsters to have exposed genitalia but Sony said no. They got to keep all the tits though.
>>
>>333005301
3 has extra items that give you bonuses in NG+ but is not like in 2 when you can literally start with everything unlock, unless you have all the relics that let you unlock them. I don't remember how Ghost of Sparta worked for NG+ but you had a whole arena mode and the challenges of the temple of Zeus to unlock stuff for the main game.
>>
>>332996571
Are you sure you arent talking about the old Clash of the Titans?
>>
>Getting back Harry Hamlin, Kevin Sorbo and shit to play their respective characters from their movies/tv series.
>Tits everywhere
>Extremely violent
>Can mix it up with cool combos
>Is pretty challenging
>Routinely dismissed as garbage compared to DMC/NG

Is the only reason /v/ hates these games because they aren't Japanese?
>>
>>333006805
People dislike GoW because it isn't as deep as its Japanese contemporaries like DMC/NG/Bayo etc. A lot of people also wrote the games off as being edgy shit for teenagers, but with the recent SJW influx a lot of people have grown appreciative of the series shamelessness.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_AJmVWF2LI
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.