[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It still hurts /v/ Why did it have to end up so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 16
It still hurts /v/

Why did it have to end up so shitty?
>>
I thought it was pretty good. Better than 4, at least.
>>
MGS has been shit since the first one. If you would fucking realize that, gaming might fucking improve for once.
>>
The game would be 10x better without the stupid opening and ending credits for each mission.
>>
File: 1437380217875.gif (970 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
1437380217875.gif
970 KB, 200x133
>>332964906
nice try
>>
File: pray.jpg (110 KB, 756x1023) Image search: [Google]
pray.jpg
110 KB, 756x1023
Joose made it hard for Kojima to concentrate
>>
You feel it too
>>
File: despair.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>332965002
>Featuring THE SKULLS PARASITE UNIT
>>
Splinter cell blacklist was a better stealth game
>>
Ahh nostalgia, the disease of this industry. You know, I would really love to experience, just once, what it feels like to be so blindly subjective, I can't even imagine it.
>>
File: 1439783394576.jpg (58 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
1439783394576.jpg
58 KB, 614x389
>>332965036
>tfw no joose gf
>tfw she's probably a whore too

rough feel lads
>>
>>332965332
The story was pretty bad compared to the other games, anon. I wish Kojima hadn't cared so much about his Open World meme and had just made Peace Walker 2.
>>
>>332964571
Bad level design.
Should have had larger bases to sneak in to and have actual expansive interiors to the bases.
Also an area with snow would have been fucking great.
>>
>>332965332
It's not nostalgia, MGSV sucked. It was a poor open-world game because the map was boring and empty and it was a poor stealth game because the missions were repetitive and just shooting everyone with a tranq gun was more effective than actual stealth. Older Metal Gear games are far from perfect, but they're at least enjoyable.
>>
File: Konami releasing MGS5.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Konami releasing MGS5.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>332964571
>Why did it have to end up so shitty?

Konami decided to switch gears, and called games early in development off (PT) and games later in their development like MGS5, they polished what they had up and shoved it out the door as fast as possible.
>>
>>332964571
I just bought the game and got my ass kicked on MGO the singleplayer seems okay i bet its worth atleast 40hours of gameplay
>>
File: Featuring.png (156 KB, 756x620) Image search: [Google]
Featuring.png
156 KB, 756x620
>>332964571
>>
>>332965032
What "try"? MGS has always been a shitty wannabe movie with horrible controls.
>>
someone post the standing trailer
i want to cry please
>>
>>332966101
The combat controls were horrible to encourage stealth, but okay.
>>
>>332966314
All the controls, including stealth controls, are shitty.

It's a bad game, millennials. Admit it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzxm4WtVUt0

Is this game a commentary on Kojima?
>>
>>332965571
Who the fuck gives a shit? I tried following the story in 3 and just couldn't stop feeling incredibly uneasy listening to that god awful dialogue throughout the entire game. I'm not sure if there's even a single line that isn't delivered in the most cringeworthy fucking way imaginable. And even then I wouldn't give a shit about it if the gameplay wasn't so god damn terrible. But you played the game as a retarded little kid and that is what you're basing your experience of the series upon. The good times you had when you were a stupid little child, way before you became the greasy fat cynical bastard that you are now. This is why we can't have nice things, because you shit all over them. Fuck me.
>>
>>332966381
>Putting this much energy into bottom level bait
>>
>>332966512
I was more talking about 1, 2, and 4 with regards to story, although I liked Peace Walker too. MGS3 is one of my least favorite MGS because of how fucking silly and campy it is.

I find the gameplay fun, I don't know what your problem is.
>>
>>332966381
Which one?
The old ones sure have bad combat controlls, to, then again, encourage stealth. An it fitted the narrative, the characters were trying to end wars and deaths, so making it hard to kill someone was nice.

Also
>Implying you´re not a millenial.
>>
>>332965036
Do you think she let Kojima lick her feet?
>>
>>332966512
3 is the best of the series.
At least kojima acknowledged how bad his writing was and made the most of it.
>>
>>332966767
>can't read
ALL controls are shit, even stealth controls.
>born in the 70s
>millennial
Whatever, kid. Unlike you, MGS wasn't my kiddie game that you like only because you played as a wee little kiddie that didn't know any better.

Fuck, I played shit games as a kid and I know they're shit now. The fuck is your excuse.
>>
>>332967107
Stealth controlls are not shitty, they fucking defined the stealth genre along with thief´s controlls.

Also
>You´re almost 40 and still browse 4chan.
>>
>>332966751
I don't even hate it that much, I'm just saying the writing was never good. Ever. Yet the gameplay improved in every way imaginable, it feels better, it looks better, it controlls better, you have more options, it's just objectively better, so it must be the nostalgia, I cannot see what else could it be.
>>
The best part of MGS V was the racist Miller meme.
>>
>tfw the STANDING and crazy theory threads were better than the actual game
>>
>>332964571
>Shitty mobile app "game"
>Build mother base
>Get soliders
>Barely cutscenes
>Snake doesnt even fucking talk

Kojima better make a fucking Miracle if even wants me to be excited about whatever crap he making next this shit was unforgivably bad.

And not its not Konami's fault. They fired him for being a dumbass and over spending the budget for a shit game.
>>
>>332966909
>3 is the best of the series.

Nah, MGS1 is the best.

MGS1>MGS3=MGS2>>MGS5>>MGS4=PW
>>
>>332968286

More like Konami decided the future is mobile and they're throwing off AAA gaming ASAP because the numbers don't run as well as mobile and gambling, so they're slashing it all for it.

Because they didn't do it to just Kojima, they've been doing it to everyone.
>>
File: randy_savage_crop_exact.png (130 KB, 377x251) Image search: [Google]
randy_savage_crop_exact.png
130 KB, 377x251
I still go back to it occasionally because actually playing it is so much fun.
The fucking state of the story though.
There's an alternate universe where MGSV stayed in the oven as long as it needed to and Silent Hills wasn't cancelled and it hurts that I'm not there.

Although, in that universe Kojima would still be at Konami and KProductions wouldn't be a thing.
I'm sure in the long term this is better but in the meantime I'll still lament what could have been.
Fucking Junji Ito was on board, man.
>>
>>332966786
Kojima forced her to expose her feet so he can scan the for the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwD_73oR4ME&feature=youtu.be&t=4314
>>
>>332968262
I missed a lot of those threads, I wish I could have seen the shit people were coming up with for when they thought this was going to live up to the hype and trailers.

Or even be better than them.
>>
>>332970128
I would've rather had Chico being Quiet end up true rather than the lame copouts both of them got instead
>>
File: 1458249570828.jpg (13 KB, 171x158) Image search: [Google]
1458249570828.jpg
13 KB, 171x158
>>332970128
>mfw i thought the venom snake theories were bullshit and that the ecig evidence was fucking dumb
>mfw big boss fucking says it at the very end
Fuck guys im sorry
>>
File: MGSV-Big-Boss.png (207 KB, 555x250) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-Big-Boss.png
207 KB, 555x250
The trailers were sooooooo good.

What they should have done is just made it a game about a PMC fighting the illuminati and there world domination schemes.

If there was going to be any venom snake suprises it should have turned out he was grey fox.

Also the end game should have been you as solid snake voiced by david hayter inflitrating the mother base you spent the whole game building to kill venom snake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nUMw7japI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4F1K4eHCH8
>>
>>332964571
Because they are fucking stupid. The level "skull face" would've been a perfect final level for the game. It really have that final level feel to it and its location okb zero is the best designed area in the game. You go through multiple areas each more difficult than the last, until you get to skull face about to escape in an helicopter. But then they fucked it up with the cringe jeep ride. What should have happened is that you have to fight skull face then and there in an epic fist fight in the helipad and then you fight sally. They show the ending and that's it. But instead there's another chapter with rehashed missions for no fucking reason. Why? Who knows. If they wanted to show the "secret ending" they could have made it that if you complete all the optional objectives in every mission you unlock it. That way there would be an actual motivation to replay them other that to 100% the game. There's no reward whatsoever for 100% the game btw.
>>
>>332971448
No, that would have been predictable and boring.
Better than what we got, but I expect something from MGS.
>>
use the game was unfinished. Kill skull face was only supposed to be the first half of the game and things were supposed to get a lot more invloved.

liquid was supposed to go to america and there it's suggested he did 9/11
>>
>>332971864
wow the my keyboard just had a major spaze attack. I really need to up grade to mechanical.
>>
>>332968286
>>Snake doesnt even fucking talk

desu this was the best part of it, Snake is a fucking retard so I'm glad Venom can at least shut his mouth.
>>
>>332965807
See, there's the nostalgia. Tranq guns turned EVERY metal gear into a snoozefest
>>
File: 1.gif (101 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
101 KB, 425x425
How was anyone surprised after 4 and PW?
>>
>>332972045
Its not even that i was surprised, i just wanted to believe that it would be good
>>
>>332972045
Yeah, it's just sad because there is sooo much potential for a war game that's politically and technologically motivated rather another Call of duty testosterone "kill the bad guy" shit fest.
>>
Don't know why mgs autists hate this game so much. Its just as good, better in some ways, as the rest of the series.
>>
File: 1436161733037.jpg (103 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
1436161733037.jpg
103 KB, 442x740
I often go back and replay GZ and just wonder how the same game could have gone so wrong between start and finish
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>332972019
>>
>>332972045
The funny thing, is if you put parts of 4 and PW into V, it'd be a really good game. Story would still blow dick, but it would fix some of the major problems. Imagine V with 4's battlefield stealth, where the world is contantly populated by skirmishes between the Muhjahadeen, the Soviets, and XOF for Afghanistan, and the various PMCs in Africa. Then add in the variety of PW missions and the vastly superior MB management, as well as co-op support, and you'd have an amazing OPERATORS OPERATING game.

Instead we got one guy running around bland environments in samey missions throwing magazines at people for one hundred hours.
>>
>>332969085
>where MGSV stayed in the oven as long as it needed to

story still would have been total shit brother
>>
>>332972045
I played PW for 300 hours, I expected "PW but better" and I somehow got "PW but worse"
>>
File: Love Hurt So Bad.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Love Hurt So Bad.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>>332964571
Because love hurts so bad.
>>
>>332973424
>V is worse than PW

I really, really want to see you defend this opinion somehow, because it really isn't.
>>
>>332973593
hoo boy

>no mission variety
>less missions
>1 boss
>horrible story
>nothing "fun" like the Pooyan/Monster Hunter/puzzle missions
>villain way worse
>all story told through tapes that you're meant to listen to on the battlefield but Kaz and Ocelot keep fucking screaming over them every 10 seconds
>no co-op
>GMP is now a straight up "currency" instead of man power, much easier to run out of and tedious to grind, instead of it being your team being allocated to a project and then freed up when they're done with the project
>Mother Base too automated, soldiers aren't anything more than a number, don't have fun sayings or things
>soldiers are now literally all worse than Snake because they can't use the arm, as opposed to there being actual reasons to use them in PW
>GMP is no longer the only resource, have to grind out for fuel constantly if you want to develop shit at all
>actual reasons to use other weapons that you've developed instead of sticking with your mainstays
>less interesting items

the "PW is bad" meme needs to die, I sunk more hours into it than any other Metal Gear this side of MGS2
>>
>>332975323
>no mission variety

PW's missions are mostly summed up into either go from A to B in really fucking weak maps (even worse than V's) or destroy something. V gets too much shit for being fulton extraction simulator, but PW was worse than it.

>less missions

PW had 33 main ops, including the ZEKE fight. V had MGSV had 38 (I think) without including the replay missions.

>horrible story

It was a better attempt than PW's, all things considered.

>>villain way worse

PW had a villain? Cold Hotman or something, right?

>no co-op

True, I miss it too.

>Mother Base too automated

You had a button to automatically assign everyone and do everything in both PW and V, though.

But seriously, replay PW sometime. V draws a lot from it, but it rectifies a few things and has pretty satisfying gameplay on top of all.
>>
>>332965002
Yeah the opening and ending credits are truly what ruin this game, huh faggot?
>>
File: 1445795705477.gif (1004 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1445795705477.gif
1004 KB, 400x323
>>332964571
But it isn't shitty. MGSV is probably one of the best stealth-action games released recently and most likely the best open-world stealth-action game we'll ever see.
>>
>>332976353
>But seriously, replay PW sometime.
Don't patronize me you little shit, I replayed PW after V again, I'm not speaking out of my ass

>PW's missions are mostly summed up into either go from A to B in really fucking weak maps (even worse than V's) or destroy something.
or "take out tank", or "take out helicopter", or "defeat big robots" or "play Hide and Seek with Russian badman" or "escape from prison" or "hold people up with a banana" or "hold the line by taking out these advancing guards to give Snake more room to focus on fighting Peace Walker" or "shoot down these fultoned men before they get fultoned"

>PW had 33 main ops, including the ZEKE fight. V had MGSV had 38 (I think) without including the replay missions.
PW also had a lot of side ops and variety in those side ops, whereas MGSV has the same 5 side ops but more times and barred behind fucking moronic conditions

>PW had a villain? Cold Hotman or something, right?
Hot Coldman had more presence, entertainment value, and sensible motivations than Skullface does outside of the famous "such a lust" moment

>You had a button to automatically assign everyone and do everything in both PW and V, though.

the difference is, PW gave you reasons to sort through your guys and actively pay attention to them, and enjoy your soldiers because you'd often play as them instead of Snake. That's why the punch in GZ was so effective. It doesn't work in TPP when they kill half your guys again because you're offloading them by the hundreds to begin with and you don't have any attachment to them because you just hit "auto" every single time

V has better movement and gunplay, I'm not going to argue that for a second, but the context is much more satisfying in PW than anything V puts forward
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.