[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Sony characters that are good in terms of personality,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: homero_kratos_by_warnerc.png (22 KB, 257x239) Image search: [Google]
homero_kratos_by_warnerc.png
22 KB, 257x239
Are there any Sony characters that are good in terms of personality, character design and/or actions that they did throughout their games?

Try to come up with a list of good Sony characters to see if there's such thing as a good Sony character and that they have much more besides shit like pic related
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>332962134
Crash and Coco, kinda
the thing is Sony relies on third party more than Nintendo, so it's pretty difficult to define a Sony character: are Snake and Cloud Sony?
>>
>>332963858
I meant like first party characters that were made for Sony that were at least creative or likeable.

Not talking about popularity
>>
>>332964137
And, as I said, there are barely any
>>
>>332964339
Really? so for 20 years, they were getting ips for their consoles, and so far, none feature a character people care about? is this an issue about the characters or Sony themselves?
>>
>>332962134
Sly and Ratchet?

Sly games were surprisingly dark, and he's likeable as fuck, and Ratchet had some good character growth, from rimworld planet asshole to galaxy saving Commando.Only thing you could cry would be furshit, but the games don't even focus on any sort of furry shit anyhow.
>>
>>332964540
No, the problem is Sony character's aren't Sony
Cloud, Snake, Crash, Persona 3 and 4 characters etc. are all good, but do they classify as Sony for you?
>>
>>332964637
Ok, thats 2, is there more? at least some you can find that Smash clone they made?

>>332964815
I am talking about first party ip's, not third parties, im talking about a PS only series that has a character that is likeable, and im not talking about popularity or whether or not its a mascot either
>>
I like Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Sackboy
>>
>>332965017
Name me all of Playstations' first party
>>
>>332965345
lets see: Parappa, MediEvil, WipeOut, Wild Arms, Ape Escape, God of War, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Patapon, Loco Rocco, Vib Ribbon, Siphon Filter, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, Infamous, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway, The Last Of Uss. not all but is that enough?
>>
>>332965547
MediEvil guy is GOAT, that game is very underrated on /v
Kat's good and sexy too
>>
File: 1427362786483.png (564 KB, 1048x1048) Image search: [Google]
1427362786483.png
564 KB, 1048x1048
>>332964637

This.
>>
>>332965345
LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway, Dreams, InFamous, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, PaRappa the Rapper, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, God of War, Modnation Racers, Ape Escape, Jak and Daxter, etc
>>
>>332965681
Those seem good, but unpopular, why does Sony keeps these 2 in the dust and Fat Princess and Ethan Mars get on the spotlight?
>>
>>332965547
Cole McGrath from Infamous is one of the most likeable superhero fucks around that isn't a mary sue, with actual flaws and such and a legit moral dilemma by the end of it. Great games too.

Jak is a tad too edgy, but I think that if ya let that go he's a decent character.

Would you count Sir Daniels?Don't know much about it but seems like a rather goofy kind of game with a rather loveable skeleton protag. It just seems to irradiate a goody kind of mood, maybe its the design of the skull.

Rest of them don't really say anything to me, either the characters have no character to it or they are generic/forgettable/bland.
>>
>>332966159
What are you talking about: Gravity Rush is getting a sequel right now
A MediEvil revival is needed though
>>
Is there more? like maybe someone who doesnt save the world but does good things or a character that is capable of things that it wouldnt in real life like a kid?
>>
Parappa is a friendly dog who likes to sing and has a crush on a flower

Spike is a cute shota who saves the world from monkeys controlled by an evil monkey

Daniel is a poor skeleton who wants to be liked, so he becomes a hero

Kat is a hot girl with a cute attitude and cool superhero powers

Jak is a bit edgy but then there's Daxter, who's a funny goof

Ratchet is a cool guy with a smart british robot for a sidekick

Sly is a thief with a cool attitude, great sidekicks and a furwaifu

Sackboy has no personality but he can be kinda cute

Nate and Cole and be good if well written

There's problaly more to it, Sony characters are only bad if you look at them in a negative way
>>
>>332965681
good taste
>>
>>332967739
here's more
>>
>>332968161
fuck, forgot pic
>>
Why is it that most good Sony characters are always dead?
>>
>>332968865
Sony over-exploits its good IP so they are finished in a generation and half
>>
>>332969191
Sad, it also seems as if they have too many ip's right now, they cant be releasing new ip's forever, so i wish they could revive something old and make it seem new to people who could like it
>>
>>332967739
waifu2x exists you have no reason to share low res waifu butt
>>
>>332969495
sorry, by the way, you have more?
>>
>>332969191
I would say the opposite hence why ps doesnt really have any mascot titles. Nintendo and microsoft on the other hand really do rinse their ips e.g halo and mario.

Most exploited sony ip would be ratchet but that aint even first party.
>>
Name a better PS character
>>
>>332970026
Ratchet is first party, actually
>>
>>332970026

Insomniac isn't owned by Sony anymore, but Sony still owns Ratchet.
>>
>>332970049
I can't, I didn't even play the game
Only waiting to have the money to buy a PS4 and play it
>>
File: 1371753408966.jpg (51 KB, 562x560) Image search: [Google]
1371753408966.jpg
51 KB, 562x560
Kratos is actually a decent Greek tragedy protagonist for the first game but went to shit with sequels
Ratchet started out selfish in the original R&C and learned to become selfless and heroic as the game went on, the rest of the PS2 games kept this personality up but the Future series and remake make him a wide eyed boy scout
Uncharted 3 had a fucking great twist that could have completely changed Drake's character but it went nowhere, no they are trying to make him into a "I DON'T CARE ABOUT TREASURE, I CARE ABOUT MY FRIENDS" guy to a hardcore extent with 4
Sony' characters have potential when they start out but sequels and different writers can easily fuck them up
>>
>>332970363
there's a sequel for it coming this year, if you have enough money, just saying
>>
File: spike_by_miyakawanami-d91nuij.jpg (123 KB, 703x1136) Image search: [Google]
spike_by_miyakawanami-d91nuij.jpg
123 KB, 703x1136
i love PS characters so much i had a dream where Kat made love with Spike
>>
>>332970984

have you considered therapy
>>
>>332971163
have you considered not anything you read on an anonymous imageboard taken too seriously?
>>
>>332970653
I never played GOW, always thought it was a poor man's DMC
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 640x480
>That one first party game/character that is dead and will never ever come back

What is it /v/?
>>
>>332971605
did you know that SF was made on a modified engine from Busby 3d?
>>
>>332971590
DMC is about playing a character who focuses on being stylish, fast and aerial
GOW is about being a man who's full of rage and his attacks focus less on speed and more on power
>>
>>332971771
oh ok
>>
is there another good female lead besides Kat?
>>
>>332972308
She's the best so who cares
>>
>>332973665
Thought Nariko was a bit ok
>>
>>332973729
Aight aight
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.