[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Many people on /v/ bitch about the "Halo Casual FPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg (101 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg
101 KB, 602x792
>Many people on /v/ bitch about the "Halo Casual FPS generation", i.e., kids born around the mid 90s who may've had Halo as part of their childhood (if their dad let them play M-rated games)

>Most of these people who complain about Halo were born in the late 80s, and think they "narrowly avoided" growing up with Halo because they were 12-14 when it came out, and "my childhood was over by then!!!11"

>Never mind the fact that teen years are still counted as "growing up" years, or that teens are the ones who buy and play FPS games more than little kids, or that teens are the ones who are most emotionally invested in shooter games and their melodramatic stories - nope, as we all know, childhood, cartoons, and toys is all the "growing up" you do in life.

>Late-80s borns claim to TOTALLY remember being 7 years old and playing shooters like Doom, Quake, etc.. "Us 7 year olds, we were the Doom Generation. Because fuck people who were 17 when Doom came out, they weren't the prime audience for it like we were."

I cringe at this type of posting you see on /v/, it would fit better on Buzzfeed or Facebook.
>>
I am one of those late 80's kids and I loved my Doom, and I loved playing through Halo on Co-op mode with my dad, he had trouble navigating but always loved playing it, anyone who thinks they are too good for a game is a childish faggot that should be disregarded because they suck many, many cocks.
>>
>implying you can't experience a game beyond it's release date

The problematic people are those who actually do play it on release
>>
hello born 1998 and didn't read all that, everyone born in any time on /v/ is a faggot
>>
File: Halo.jpg (201 KB, 880x1969) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
201 KB, 880x1969
>>
Halo was also totally fine and dislike of it was mostly out of console hate rather than the game itself. I mean it wasn't gods gift to video games as many claim but it was fine.

A lot of the criticism it gets these days doesn't even apply to it and mostly is criticism of design practises from the Modern Warfare and Gears of War series that aren't actually present in Halo CE.
>>
Early 90s kid and my first fps was quake 2 which I played in kindergarten. I enjoyed playing halo 1&2 coop at a friends but that was it.
>>
>>332962120
I agree. Like seriously, if you were 13 when Halo came out, you still probably "grew up" with it. Teen and college years also count as growing up, it's not just childhood.

The only people who truly "avoided Halo's casual influence" are born before like 1980 or something.
>>
File: all around me are.jpg (109 KB, 511x788) Image search: [Google]
all around me are.jpg
109 KB, 511x788
twitch/kvn175
>>
>>332962317
I mostly disliked it because of the garbage level design. Though the worst part about Halo isn't even Halo itself, it's the fact that so many FPS games after it wanted desperately to be just like it, not unlike the sort of effect Modern Warfare had on the same genre.
>>
>>332963420
Different anon, and who told those devs to copy what Halo was doing? You don't just copy another franchise and hope that you can be successful by trying to steal there crowd. Halo didn't ruin FPS, developers that decided to copy other developers work to try to stay/become popular or relevant ruined FPS.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.