[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baldur's Gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_4.png (756 KB, 1072x516) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
756 KB, 1072x516
This game is on a 75% sale today /v/. Is it any good? I mean it's $5, so I don't have much to lose.
>>
>>332959045
Its awesome.
>>
>>332959045
Baldur's Gate Saga is great. The first is a little slow until you get past Nashkel but BG2 is fantastic. I would recommend getting Unfinished Business but apparently the new EE update broke that.
>>
>>332959045
Pirate it, nigga. The game is great, but don't give money to Beamdog.
>>
>>332959453
What makes it awesome?

>>332959471
So Baldur's Gate 2 is good as well? Is this one worth playing or should I just skip to #2?
>>
>>332959641
You should play the first for sure at least through the main story since it's not too long. There are a lot of returning characters you won't know if you skip it. BG2 improves on BG1 in every way though.
>>
>>332959641
Play both, you can port your character from the first to the 2nd as the 2nd picks up at that level which is around 9-10.
>>
>>332959760
>in every way
I suppose we could say it improved the linearity, but would you consider that a good thing?
>>
>>332959045
Aged like milk.
>>
>>332959986
As if BG1 isn't linear. As soon as you leave Irenicus' dungeon you're free to go anywhere and do sidequests. I'll take a more linear, chapter based RPG over level scaled Bethesda games any day of the week.
>>
>>332960106
This

I can't play these dinosaur games anymore
>>
>>332960147
Those side quests can only be explored by having it started in town. I would prefer the world map way with areas that have nothing or maybe a small chest. Have paths and areas that LEAD to your side quest to FIND them. It doesn't have to be some outrageous size of nothing but don't force me to do everything in town before I can leave.
>>
>>332960147
The main quest progression is linear, but the exploration isn't. Yes, there are areas that are main quest locked, but in BG2 every single area outside Athkatla is either mq, but mostly side-quest-locked. You can't go to Windspear without accepting Firkraag's quest, you can't go to Trademeet without picking up the quest for it (although you can't avoid getting it if you try to leave the city, but still), you can't go to DeArneis hold without getting the quest from Nalia, and so on. You can't even enter stronghold areas without picking up their quests first. By contrast in BG1 you could find and clear out Durlag's Tower without ever getting the quest for it. The direction of leaving a map no longer matters for unlocking new areas, there is no real free exploration.
>>
>>332959471
BG1 either really suffers or benefits from being low level AD&D, depending on how you see the situation.
>>
1 > 2
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.