[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we all agree that csgo is pretty much a braindead game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: header[1].jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
25 KB, 460x215
can we all agree that csgo is pretty much a braindead game?

the meta has devolved to a point where you simply have 3-4 different positions you play at each location and the opposite team has to check each spot.

theres no strategy or complexity to the game, the main skill is the ability to react quicker than the competition.
>>
File: 1385779318382.gif (3 MB, 319x239) Image search: [Google]
1385779318382.gif
3 MB, 319x239
>Is a silver shitter
>acts like he knows the game inside and out
>>
File: 1437253793267.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437253793267.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332956565
Nobody ever disagreed except the casuals that play CS. They'll never admit to it because they've spent hundreds and even thousands of dollars and hours on it.
>>
>>332956565
It's a FPS

Of course it boils down to reacting faster than your opponent. It may be a team-based FPS, but it still anchors on the fact that it's a FPS.
>>
>>332956736
LEM actually.

im giving up the game though, its so stale and predictable

taking a site on dust 2 is literally the same shit every time

>flash from short
>check gay spot
>molly in site
>other teammates go through long a and check ramp/goose for you
>entire site
>oh shit he was hiding in site/goose/ramp wow so unpredictable!

like i said, this game is a great test of who has the best reactions and reflexes but in terms of actual mental skill it is pretty low on the list.

i hate league and i admit that it requires MUCH more mental brainpower and strategy
>>
>>332957248
I take it you never played CS before CS:GO.

It's been the same shit for 17 years, yet people are still playing and coming back to it. Obviously predictability isn't a huge issue due to this fact. At the end of the day the game just isn't your cup of tea and that's OK.
>>
>>332957510
so you admit its a predictable game then?

theres no overarching strategy that varies from team to team, simply picking different spots so you end up with a 33/33/33 situation as to where the other team is hiding.

the defending team usually is just waiting at different spots waiting to react.

im sure alot of the appeal is the twitch reflex aspect of it but we cannot deny that this game is essentially braindead in terms of strategy and execution.
>>
>>332956565
What is more surprising is how people still are playing this braindead game since it was a mod. I feel like the standards for cs should've been raised.
>>
We live in a world where TF2 is more competitively viable than CSGO. What went wrong?
>>
>>332956565

everybody who's anybody discovered and burned out on CS before GO released

The only people who still play it are comp sluts who need attention and underage Twitch users who have no standards for videogames

It's been barebones as fuck since CS:Source
>>
>>332956565
so go work on your reaction times and win some big bucks
or find a better game to watch, you whiny baby
>>
>>332958413
>find a better game to watch
i dont watch csgo since theres nothing to learn by emulating the top players.

the only thing you realize is that you need to work on your muscle memory and aim; the strategy involved is literally the same every time you play so in terms of watching to learn, there is no point.

in terms of watching csgo for enjoyment... i feel sorry for anyone who does this
>>
>>332956565
How can it be predictable if the bullet spray has an rng element? :^)
>>
>>332959170
>ppl actually defend rng spray patterns because they think it lends itself to the meta

how can people be so cucked/deluded
>>
I've got a problem with the game when people shooting at me directly through smoke. I have a feeling they aren't playing legit.
>>
>>332957248
I dislike literally everything about CSGO.
-visual clutter
-guns are broken
-movement is slow and clunky
-grenades are broken
Pretty much every change from 1.6/Source is a bad change. Source might have had some issues but it felt like counter strike, this feels like left 4 dead.
>>
>fps game is about having better reactions than the enemy

okay?
>>
>>332956565
I was a big socom player and i could never get into cs mainly because of the sinplistic map design and barebones nature of the game.
Socom had a gameplay mechanic where your character would raise his gun if enemies were within a certain radius of you (like 35m or something) with that mechanic they were able to make larger, more complex maps work since there was that cat and mouse aspect to the game. I dont know of a game that has anything similar to it.
The csgo,warface, a lot of cod maps(nuketown, combine) are so small and simple it gets real boring to play. I think the 3 lane design style is holding back the genre.
>>
>>332956565
The strategy comes from knowing how to skillfully manipulate players expectations of where you'll be based on said meta. Rushing the side apartments on Inferno to flank the terrorists for example
>>
>>332957248
I hover around SMFC/Global (would just at Global if I didn't esea and faceit) and you guys are still playing at a low level. Any actual team would quickly rotate and shit on you guys at the sight of a flash.

On my level, it becomes a cat and mouse game of predicting where the attackers would go and baiting out sites become highly viable when attacking. Common spots exist, but, considering how shallow your argument is, I assume you never had situations where you set up trades specifically where You will never know the feeling of having to do hail mary plays where we need to guess where they will go and hold for your dear lives.

>the meta has devolved to a point where you simply have 3-4 different positions you play at each location and the opposite team has to check each spot.

Also this is a retarded argument. This is like saying that chess is a braindead game cause you need to check each of the opponent's piece one at a time so you won't die. Yeah there are common openings/spots that are available but ever tried setting up crossfires or even thought about trying to counter it? I doubt it if that is all you think CS is.
>>
>>332962235
>crossfire
oh so there is one hiding in goose/ramp and another one hiding in pit?

please stop defending your game. ive already conceded that the game involves alot of skill with regards to aim and reflexes, but to pretend like my points are "low level" shows either your immaturity or infamiliarity
>>
I hover around SMFC/Global (would just be at Global if I didn't esea and faceit) and you guys are still playing at a low level. Any actual team would quickly rotate and shit on you guys at the sight of a flash.

On my level, it becomes a cat and mouse game of predicting where the attackers would go and baiting out sites become highly viable when attacking. Common spots exist, but, considering how shallow your argument is, I assume you never had situations where you set up trades specifically where the enemy would be fucked if he even considered checking those common spots. You will never know the feeling of having to do hail mary plays where we need to guess where they will go and hold for your dear lives.

>the meta has devolved to a point where you simply have 3-4 different positions you play at each location and the opposite team has to check each spot.

Also this is a retarded argument. This is like saying that chess is a braindead game cause you need to check each of the opponent's piece one at a time so you won't die. Yeah there are common openings/spots that are available but ever tried setting up crossfires or even thought about trying to counter it? I doubt it if that is all you think CS is.

>>332962235
fucking 4chan
>>
I don't see how so many people play dota and csgo

Holy shit they are absolutely boring as fuck
>>
>>332956565
There is some strategy, I used to play it, but r6s is better and the graphics look better.

CSGO just ended up feeling like a glorified party game and if youre playing on EU servers god fucking help you
>>
>>332962479
>oh so there is one hiding in goose/ramp and another one hiding in pit?

Ever played chess where you need to sacrifice a piece to get another? And tell me, how many times did you lose to this? It may be the most common play in the book, but it works and people get shit on all the time from it. Well at your level they are probably to stuck at bitching that "the awp is sooooo op" without any decency to counter it.
>>
I wish the maps had more variety, every map pretty much has very similar, if not the same design philosophy behind them.
>>
>>332963085
Nuke is unlike every other map.

Vertigo, I guess. Is it even still in the game?
>>
>>332962704
Rainbow six devolves into a campfest where the defenders have absolutely no reward on being aggressive.
>>
Yeah, I'll never understand why this game is more popular than Arma 3 isnurgency
>>
>>332962930
>common play in the book, but it works and people get shit on all the time from it

did i say it didnt work? i just said this game isnt very mentally challenging. these positions work and people play them for a reason, but it doesnt mean that it isnt braindead because lets face facts, it is definitely braindead.
>>
>>332963394
Cause Arma 3 is autistic as fuck and insurgency requires too many people for any of the maps to even be viable for competitive play. I tried insurgency's matchmaking and it turned into a shitshow of finding people across a huge map.
>>
>>332962553
I used to love league but once you no longer have time to play all day it really wasn't worth playing. Watching north America lose every year in the LCS is fun though.
>>
>>332963394
ARMA 3? Really? The game that requires a top tier PC to run decently? The game that attempts to emulate real life combat (aka you walk for a couple of hours and then get shot and die)? I mean, I understand its value for enthusiasts, it has its niche, but it's not popular for a very good reason.

Insurgency is just CS/CoD with some realistic flair. It's fun, it would probably be more popular if a company like Valve would support it with money. Though it would probably be too realistic for a lot of people. You don't even know when you killed somebody.
>>
>>332963643
>yes I say your point, but fuck you it is braindead cause I say it is.

Alright, since your logic is also so flawless I guess you don't want to explain my point about trying to counter these common spots.
>>
sounds like you are terrible. there are literally 100's of ways to play each map
>>
>>332963978
and of those 100's there are only 2-3 ways to play each site properly
>>
>>332962553
Cause mobas are braindead RTS' with no aspect of macro in it; getting common items that everyone gets and same heroes/champions that everyone gets cause it would be dumb as fuck not to get them since they are so good. It gets predictable as fuck
>>
>>332964087
Now I know you are a shitter. I don't give a fuck about your rank, but if you seriously think this you, in general, are a braindead human being who wants to stay braindead.
>>
>>332963394
Shooters on the more realistic side of the spectrum tends to be niche with very little appeal to a lot of people. I tried to introduce some CSGO buddies to Project Reality and they couldn't get behind it at all.
>>
>>332964404
ok please tell me which strategies involving defending A site from the CTS doesnt involve

1. player in site/goose/gay spot/ramp
2. player waiting t-corner
3. player waiting pit

or attacking A site that doesnt involve

1. flashing into site
2. mollying site
3. smoking ct spawn
4. dual pushing from short and long

please tell me, i'll wait in the thread for you
>>
>>332964993
Sure since you clearly can't think for yourself here is some charity

Defending:

Car
CT Spawn
Cat
Ninja
Boost
Pit Side
Pit Plat
Boost Car/AWP
Jump Scout Second Box
Boost Second Box/AWP
Double Smoke Long/Shotgun or SMG
Smoke Goose and Boost Goose/AWP
etc (watch what pros do and see for your damn self)

Attacking:

Flashing, Nading, Smoking, or mollying those spots.
Double Smoke Long
Boost Pit
Short smoke/cross smoke
dual push CT/Long
etc (watch what pros do and see for your damn self)

But the main point that makes me know you are a complete idiot is
>only 2-3 ways to play each site properly
You think there are actual proper ways to play each site? There are "common spots" and "common plays" but if the enemy is not completely braindead they will start prefiring or just nading that area in general. This makes it clear that you are at such a low level.
>>
>>332957141
>SSG

well theres your fucking problem there bud
>>
How to win at CSGO:
a)
>buy UMP
>kill everyone
b)
>buy MP7
>kill everyone slightly faster
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.