[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comfy gameplay >non-childish story >expansive overworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1.jpg (413 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
413 KB, 1050x1500
>comfy gameplay
>non-childish story
>expansive overworld
Why do people call this this the worst Zelda game, again?
>>
Expansive isn't quite the right word
>>
Rehash of Ocarina, shitty compared to Xbox 360 and PS3 graphics/technology
>>
>non-childish story
>any zelda game
Are you trying to bait?
>Comfy
Oh yeah definitely just trying to trigger /v/
>>
FUCK MY ANUS
>>
I must be the only person that actually liked Hyrule field

yah the fact that it was split into 4 sections sucked, but I liked the way it looked and the small things it had dotting around the landscape
>>
>>332955302
This. But its a good game that i liked very much.
>>
>>332955151
They're retards.
>>
The game's pacing is incredibly inconsistent. But aside from that I think it has strong dungeon design. Snowpeak Ruins is a personal favorite.
>>
>>332956013
it was cool snowboarding
>>
>>332955151
>Non-childish story
>>
>>332956013
Snow peak ruins is the best in the game
>>
>>332956013
I'd say this and MM have the best dungeons out of the 3D games
>>
>>332955636
Arin please leave.
>>
>>332956447
Still a shame MM only had four dungeons and the water temple made me want to break my fucking dick off because of the bullshit currents. Stone Tower was fucking excellent, though.
>>
>>332957119
Great Bay temple is actually one of my favorites
>>
Mostly the slower first third of the game, at least as far as legitimate arguments go anyways.
>>
>>332957361
Just my opinion but I think the entire Great Bay segment just went on too god damn long.

I didn't mind the pirate part.
The eel part got on my nerves.
And then the temple itself.

At least with Stone Tower and the area around it, it at least had an amazing atmosphere, great plot setup, and a challenge actually getting to the dungeon itself, plus flipping the dungeon over completely to reveal basically a second form of the dungeon.
>>
>>332955537
It's a gamecube game, of course it's going to be worse graphically than a 360 or ps3 game.
>>
>>332955151
>comfy gameplay =//= riding around empty landscapes
>tryharding as hard as possible to be edgy(while keeping PEGI12) =//= non-childish story
>expansive overworld
>literally thinking bigger(and emptier) = better
your first Zelda I take it
>>
>>332957583
I agree with most of that
Great Bay itself was a drag,however the temple itsel has such a great feel and is one of the few 3D dungeons to feel really confusing
>>
three words to explain why every single modern zelda sucks ass

quarter heart damage
>>
>>332955151
>non-childish story

Wow it's like I'm really back in 2006 again!
>>
>>332955151
I don't think any of the Zelda games have a "childish story" senpai. When I think of a childish story I think of Flushed Away or something
>>
>>332958084

hero mode
>>
Define childish story and why it's bad.
>>
>>332958539

With the Ganondorf amiibo.

>tfw green dude swings for 12 hearts a hit
>>
File: wlink.jpg (417 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
wlink.jpg
417 KB, 700x525
>>332955151
Not sure why people call it the worst, but I just finished 100%ing this in hero mode while using the ganondorf amiibo and these are my problems with the game:
>Extremely linear
>Spinner, dominion rod and ball/chain have very little use outside of their dungeons, and work at best as "keys" you use in the overworld to acess heart pieces
>Other than heart pieces, no reward to doing any sidequest in the game except for the magic armor and rupees to power it. Mild fix with the miiverse stamps, but those have no use in game.
>Terrible NPC development, people still talking about the zora boy when you've cleared every dungeon, an they are never aware of anything that is happening, which takes away from the feeling of actually being a hero involved in things that are going on.
>Awful minigames like riding kayaks or flying on ball. Fishing also sucks
>Never used the moving bombs
>Slingshot only used until you get the bow and 100% useless forever afterwards
>Very focused on story, yet tells it very half assed: What happened to Zelda when she revived Midna? How did Ganondorf get to Hyrule Castle? Why did Zant's neck snap? Why did the monsters take the children to Kakariko Village? How did Illia end up with Impaz? Why didn't Rusl ever visit the kids? What did Rusl & friends do at Hyrule castle other than shooting a bomb and two arrows? Why did Midna break the mirror of Twilight? Why does link turn into a Wolf in Twilight, yet it doesn't affect Zelda? What was Zant's plan with stealing the light from the spirits?
>Being a wolf sucks in general

Still a good game though.
>>
>>332960071
>being a Wolf sucks in general
This is a common complaint of TP but I honestly don't mind the Wolf parts, it's fun in a different way, but that doesn't make it bad
>>
>>332960683
It just needs to have more perks. The problem with it is that it feels like it limits you. They improve it a lot by adding a button on the screen to transform in the HD version, but even then I rarely ever want to transform other than to move faster through an area.
>>
>>332960071
>Mild fix with the miiverse stamps, but those have no use in game.

How much does this actually change?
>>
>>332962125
Nothing. Just feels better to find more collectibles in chests rather than useless rupees.
>>
>>332962412
I expected that, but what proportion of chests actually have them inside? Is there any indication of how many there are to find?
>>
>>332962663
I think there's 50 stamps in total.
I remember one of them is a reward for getting all of them, and another is awarded along with the fucking 200 rupees that pissed me the fuck off you get when you collect all poes. Don't quite remember if any other stamps are found in this way.
>>
How could anyone call TP the worst when Skyward Sword exists?
>>
>>332960071
>Why did Zant's neck snap?
Suicide

>Why did Midna break the mirror of Twilight?
So someone wouldn't be able to use the power of the Twili to invade Hyrule again

>Why does link turn into a Wolf in Twilight, yet it doesn't affect Zelda?
I know that afterwards Midna extracted a crystal from him so he could change at will, but I don't remember if it was placed in him beforehand or not.

I either forgot the rest of it or agree with your points
>>
>>332963007
You can get another 200 whenever you visit them. I felt like it was there to power the rupee armor.
>>
File: sotc vertical.jpg (362 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
sotc vertical.jpg
362 KB, 1000x563
>>332955151
>comfy gameplay
If the game is nostalgic for you maybe?

>non-childish story
Poorly told and and needlessly edgy. Shadow Link cutscene was so cringey.

>expansive overworld
God no, it was flat and green and you had to load whenever you went to different portion of the field.

I can't believe it came out in the same year as SotC, now that was an expansive overworld.
>>
>>332963418
It was there because that what OoT did and it just had to slavishly copy that instead of doing anything interesting. In both cases it may as well have given you some kind of efectively unlimited super wallet instead.
>>
>>332963275
>Suicide
He was already dead.

>So someone wouldn't be able to use the power of the Twili to invade Hyrule again
I guess.

>but I don't remember if it was placed in him beforehand or not.
Not the first time he transformed.

>>332963418
I know that, but why do you need to keep visiting? It's annoying as fuck. Why not just fill your wallet?
>>
>>332963835
>Standing on a hexagon
Very impressive.
>>
>>332956447
>MM have the best dungeons out of the 3D games

It has two good dungeons, out of four. That's hardly good.

>>332957903
>TP
>edgy

Kill yourself, MM is infinitely edgier than TP could even dream of being.

Also, the fields aren't empty.
>>
>>332955151
>expansive overworld
It wasn't expansive, but it was full of NOTHING.
>>
>>332955151
Why the fuck didnt they improve the music?

The production in TP was just bad, really poor use of midi instruments.
>>
>>332964054
>He was already dead.
Wasn't the whole thing that Zant and Ganondorf's life forces were linked, so one couldn't die unless they both did? I thought Zant broke his own neck to kill Ganondorf out of revenge because Link stabbing him a bunch wouldn't actually work.
>>
Story, characters, setting are all amazing.

The controls are shit. Often I find my character running at odd angles or just not being fluid like in WW.

This gets even worse on the horse. I don't know what idiot designed the controls for the horse that bounces its fat ass up and down all over my screen when he runs, but that worker needs to be fired.
>>
>>332964420
>Wasn't the whole thing that Zant and Ganondorf's life forces were linked
Pulled out of your ass.
>>
>>332964475
>setting
really? I thought TP did a pretty poor job of telling its story through its world.

Outside of the whole "resistance" thing, which came to a complete non-climax, nobody reacted to any of the shit that was going down in Hyrule. It never felt like there were any stakes.
>>
>>332964330
Can I direct your attention to this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPvRU7PCThE
>>
>>332955537
>Rehash of Ocarina
How so
>>
>>332964330
>Midi
midi isn't a sound

although it is poorly synthesized
>>
>>332964539
>>332964054
>He was already dead.
>Pulled out of your ass.

Not him but I just finished TPHD earlier this week and the last thing Zant does is taunt Midna and Link by saying that he can be endlessly be revived through the power Ganondorf had/shared with him.
>>
File: 1441438947414.gif (323 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1441438947414.gif
323 KB, 192x256
>>332960071

>Awful minigames like riding kayaks or flying on ball. Fishing also sucks

I'll give you flying, because it sucked ass. But Kayaking and fishing were comfy as fuck

>Slingshot only used until you get the bow and 100% useless forever afterwards
every zelda game ever
>>
wolf link is awful
bug collecting
empty hyrule field
bland artstyle
first 3 dungeons are rehashes of previous zelda dungeons
most linear zelda game, game is mostly just dungeons
>>
MM>OoT=TP>WW>SS
>>
>>332957119
Doesn't it have 3 mini dungeons and world building that kind of becomes a dungeon in itself?

I hope Zelda u does that. Where it blurs the line between what makes a dungeon and how you gain access to them. I never liked how in OoT and most of the 2D games you'd turn up to an area and you'd be ushered in to the dungeon area after the tokenest of story happens
>>
>>332965013

>first 3 dungeons are rehashes of previous zelda dungeons

not a single dungeon is like a previous one, unless you somehow think them being in similar locations make them the same
>>
>>332960071
>Spinner, dominion rod and ball/chain have very little use outside of their dungeons, and work at best as "keys" you use in the overworld to acess heart pieces
So every Zelda item in every Zelda game
>>
It's incredibly safe and creatively bankrupt.

Every mainline Zelda game that came out evolved the series and did something completely different. Until Twilight Princess. It's pandering to all the people whose first zelda was OOT and bitched about Majora and Windwaker being different. It felt like a dated game the day it came out. It's filled with tons of HEY REMEMBER THAT THING FROM OOT LOOK HERE IT IS AGAIN! Literally the only thing about that game that is unique at all is the wolf stuff, and that stuff is garbage.
>>
>>332964978
>every zelda game ever
Mention 2 where this happens.
>>
>>332964698
is that 11/8? that's kinda neat. It has the same problems as the rest of TP's music though. Listen how the flute instruments has almost no dynamics to it.

>>332964901
Reading comprehension anon, I'm talking about the production.
TP's music director didn't make much use of attacks or velocity. When every note hits at the exact same volume, it just sounds fake and mechanical.

Which is weird, because WW had such fantastic production.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XpYHw2t8Yc
>>
>>332965417

Ocarina of time
Skyward Sword

I guess I should clarify: any game with the slingshot that isnt the seed shooter in the oracles
>>
>>332963835
silky smooth 5 fps
>>
>>332965523
slingshot and bow are used by child/adult link respectively. Even after you get the bow, when you go back to being child link you use the slingshot again. It makes perfect since for it to be two separate items.

In Twilight Princess it's completely pointless
>>
>>332965408
It has the best quality dungeons of the 3D games. OoT's are good, MM just doesn't have many, WW's are too easy, and SS only has like 2 good ones(Cistern and the Ship).
>>
>>332965523
>Ocarina of time
slingshot was the Child Link equivalent to the bow. It was still used whenever you had to do something in past timeline.

TP the sligshot becomes useless before the first dungeons, doesn't it?
>>
>>332965673

but there's literally no reason Link couldnt still use the slingshot other than thinking "this is a kids toy"
>>
The only good Zelda is Zelda 1.

>actual exploration
>well designed dungeons
>a true sense of accomplishment
>second quest
>good 2d gameplay so you can see what the living fuck you're doing
>NO GODDAMN OVERBLOWN STORY INTERRUPTING YOUR FUCKING GAMEPLAY EVERY FIVE FUCKING SECONDS
>>
File: twilight princess hd 4.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess hd 4.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332955151
It isn't. Its the best Zelda game. But it doesn't really matter which one people consider the best or worst, since in the end Zelda games are all some of the best games ever made, and being a worst of the best is still great.
>>
>>332965712
I always though TP's dungeons were a little overrated. (the Yeti Mansion aside, that one was a classic)

I liked how most of the dungeons in OoT and MM had one central puzzle that would usually span a couple of floors and have multiple entrances from different rooms.

You didn't really get that in TP. Most of the dungeons were just a linear string of insular rooms.
>>
>>332955151
Pretty sure Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass are generally considered the worst ones. It was TP when it first came out though.
>>
>>332964213
MM wasn't edgy, it was eerie and somber.
>>
>>332965712
It honestly felt like different teams worked on the dungeons in TP and everything else.

There was such a lapse in quality between those things
>>
>>332964162
wat
>>
File: file.png (845 KB, 853x639) Image search: [Google]
file.png
845 KB, 853x639
it's pandering to all the shitheads who threw a temper tantrum that wind waker wasn't an adult game for a mature person such as myself
>>
>>332966432
>Create Anime-wannabe toon shading for japan
>Create Tolkien-wannabe westaboo style for NA

i literally don't see the problem with this
>>
>>332955151
I never understood this either. As a kid id played every Zelda up until this one. Got this one with my brand new Wii and it knocked my fucking socks off.

That said, I'm not buying the "HD" remake. I'll dig out my Wii copy instead, thank you.
>>
>>332966432
>we could have gotten the majora's mask equivalent to Wind Waker
>instead we get a shitty bland OOT rehash
>>
Best dungeons, shit everything else desu
It's definitely getting looked at fonder now like Windwaker was tho
>>
Because it's shit and not nearly as good as OOT.
>>
>>332966187
>Most of the dungeons were just a linear string of insular rooms.
I can kind of see that. That being said the forest temple had the monkeys to collect, water temple had the central room you had to flow the water into.
>>
>>332963835
>now that was an expansive overworld.
with not a damn thing in it
>>
Zelda is one of the most popular vidya in the world
of course this contrarian hipster filled site will shit on it
>>
File: 1457485602874.jpg (204 KB, 1300x916) Image search: [Google]
1457485602874.jpg
204 KB, 1300x916
>>332966775
>muh OoT
>>
Is it wrong to say it's the "definitive" version of zelda, at least style-wise?
>>
File: minish cap link and ezlo.jpg (43 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
minish cap link and ezlo.jpg
43 KB, 500x637
God Tier:
>Ocarina of Time
>Twilight Princess
>Majora's Mask
High Tier:
>Wind Waker
>Skyward Sword
>A Link Between Worlds
>Minish Cap
>Link's Awakening
>Oracle of Ages
>Oracle of Seasons
>A Link to the Past
Mid Tier:
>Phantom Hourglass
>Spirit Tracks
>Zelda 1
Low Tier:
>Zelda 2
And there is no shit tier because Zelda games are too good.
>>
>>332965504
it's in 3 you dumb bitch
>>
>non childish story

Why do people always say this about TP? It's no more or less mature than the average zelda game. Is it really just the art direction tricking people into thinking it's thematically grittier than it really is?
>>
>>332968164
>twilight princess
>god tier
Waggling, boring empty overworld and all the best items become an afterthought, also the final boss battle was way hype but the 'duel' with ganondorf was bullshit parry/riposte nonsense. Only redeeming features are Midna and the spinner
>>
>>332968224
Disregarding Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask, it has the most emphasis on its characters in the game and makes characters seem as if their lives are threatened, truly. Which is something different. The rain part with Midna's Lament right after Zant fucked her up made it seem like she might actually die, which was different from the usual Zelda which previously didn't do this, at least not without giving the character a personality and some focus.
Although really you have to disregard Majora's Mask to say this, because Majora before it already pulled off making everyone's deaths seem imminent. Sure, it wasn't as close and immediate, but one could clearly see from how townspeople acted that they were afraid of the coming moon.
>>
>>332968224
Very true. All Zelda games have a sort of middle ground in terms of story, they're never dark, but in a good way, TP is no different. The only thing darker is the visuals and well, the literal theme of darkness.
>>
>>332968538
>waggling
Both a Gamecube and Wii U version exist anon.
>boring empty overworld
You mean an overworld that leads to a lot of important areas throughout, and in the middle of it there are secret caves and hidden heart containers on cliffs and bugs hiding in hard to reach areas.
>>
>>332966209
I thought Majora's Mask was the worst one instead of Skyward Sword
>>
>>332955151
when will the zelda cycle end
>>
>>332965794
>shitty and cryptic translation
>artificial difficulty
Nice try oldfag
>>
>>332968815
The zelda cycle is a myth, people still don't like SS or PH
>>
>>332965126
>MM this high
Please kill yourself
>>
>>332968734
Nah, some people can't get over the time limit but people generally love MM. I think most of those people didn't find the song that slowed down time so that the time limit wasn't even a real issue.
>>
>>332968916
I like Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass
>>
>>332963134
Because skyward sword is better than twilight princess
>>
>>332955151
it isn't the worst. there's nothing special about it

zelda has a formula and they followed it to a 'T' and it's boring. That's all.
>>
>>332968164
MAKE WAY FOR OBJECTIVE TRUTH
God tier:
N64 zeldas
Link to the past
Link's Awakening

Good tier:
Twilight Princess
Oracle of _____
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass

Meh tier:
Skyward Sword
Four Swords
Minish cap

S H I T tier:
Spirit tracks
Zelda 2
>>
>>332965417
OoT
TP
SS
>>
>>332968990
Nah senpai it's because the dungeons and bosses are shit, in a series where dungeons and bosses are most important
>>
>>332969256
this, only i would place PH in "Meh"
>>
>>332969256
>Good tier:
>Phantom Hourglass
I was almost about to mostly agree with you, but just no.

Also SS is shit tier.
>>
>>332964824
Like every 3D Zelda game
>>
>>332969256
>Minish Cap
>meh
>>
>>332967003
>>332968538
>>332968728
not too mention enemies and mounted combat which actually makes use of the space which everyone seems to conveniently forget
>>
>>332969256
Pretty agreeable. Zelda 2 in shit is just wrong though and PH deserves lower. ALBW goes in good.
>>
>>332969339
It more than made it up with fantastic world building, side quests, story and characters in my opinion. Sure the dungeons were weaker than most of the 3D games bar SS, but overall it's a fantastic game.
>>
>>332956013
Pretty much this.
>>
>>332969256
>Shit tier
>Zelda 2
just because it's the only zelda that did something different from the usual formula, doesn't make it shit, it's at least Meh tier.
>>
File: 1437709578822.jpg (340 KB, 450x656) Image search: [Google]
1437709578822.jpg
340 KB, 450x656
My main issue with the game is that the items were designed with only one very specific use in mind. Other games in this series, like OoT, allowed for various items (such as the hammer) to be used in combat, if you wish. Here, if there isn't a specific statue that's specifically designed to be used by the Dominion Rod, it does jack shit.

Destroying everything with the Ball and Chain is fun as fuck, though.
>>
>>332969256
How can someone be this bad, the real list is
Skyward Sword > Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess > A link to the past/between worlds > Wind Waker > Link's Awakening > Oracle games > minish cap > NES Zeldas > dogshit > ds zeldas > cdi zeldas >>>> Majora's Mask
>>
>>332969879
The Spinner was fun to ride around on in my opinion, even if it was used for like a dungeon and a couple times in a gauntlet. But yeah, a majority of items are pretty useless.
>>
>>332969879
I like it when the items are designed for one specific procedure, what I don't like is when the procedure exists in the game one (1) time. The item is useless if I'm only going to use it for one dungeon at one specific time.

I think Majora's Mask did it best, all the items were useful in every dungeon, not to mention the masks.
>>
>>332969878
Honestly Zelda 2 isn't the worst game on the NES, but it's one of those 'where the fuck do I go' kinda games, on top of having a brutal difficulty curve, which can be seen unfavorably by devoted zelda fans
>>
File: twilight princess fight zelda.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess fight zelda.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
So how many of you like every Zelda game and think the fact that people feel the need to show which is better than which is dumb?
>>
>>332969985
This is one of those very rare moment where an opinion is objectively wrong.
>>
>>332969652
Side quests were also shit and skyward sword did worldbuilding better, sorry you're blinded by nostalgia to see majoras mask as the steaming piece of shit it is
It recycled npcs and enemy designs from oot and Majora is the more generic a villain than bellum
>>
>>332970198
But I think everyone here can agree that spirit tracks was the worst zelda
>>
>>332970246
I'm sorry you can't handle the truth, Majora's Mask really is horrible
>>
>>332970198
I wouldn't say I "like" all of them, the DS ones come to mind specifically, but I think they're all at least playable games.
>>332970319
Yes, good music and ghost Zelda was entertaining, but I hated the tediousness of all of it.
>>
>>332970198
I thought that way until i played SS and PH. I wouldn't even finish those games if they didnt have the Zelda name attached, and PH made me not even play ST.
>>
>>332955151
>comfy
>bare bones shit story with no decent characters or development
>overworld is wow it's nothing

There were things that could have been good, but it's a bad game. The best thing about it was the combat functionality was half decent on the wii except there really wasn't anything to fucking fight.
>>
>>332970447
Egoraptor pls go
>>
File: 1409543676773.png (140 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1409543676773.png
140 KB, 500x369
>>332969985
>>332969985
>OoT that high with MM that low
Looks like someone was bad with time other than that they play the fucking same. Also
>Lumping Alttp in with ALBW
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>332964054
>>So someone wouldn't be able to use the power of the Twili to invade Hyrule again
>I guess.
The other reason is that the mirror does fucked up things to all sorts of creatures.
>>
>>332970559
What? Who?
>>
>>332956360
Snow peaks sucks dick. Though the ball and chain is great. Best part of the game was the cave of tears, anyone saying otherwise is a fucking retard.
>>
>>332970509
>barebones story with no decent characters
Are you sure you're talking about Twilight Princess here?
>Colin looks up to Link and aspires to be like him, eventually growing to be brave and make Link proud after being considered a coward
>Midna starts out hating the world of the Light and is outright somewhat sassy, but she grows to care about the world and Link. She has so much relevance in the story that she is directly affected by the events of the game
>>
File: Kill me now.png (238 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
Kill me now.png
238 KB, 420x420
>people actually like the "toon" style
Look, I like Wind Waker as much as the rest of you, but the art-style is an eyesore.

Do you think it's cute? I suppose it's the same sort of deal as Funko Pop figures. I just can't see the appeal in replacing well designed characters with bobblehead goofy shit.
>>
>>332970564
I got all the mask's m8, kicked Majora's ass. I regret it as the sidequests were a waste of time I'll never get back, the only decent one was the lover's mask and even that overstayed it's welcome
OoT didn't bother with that bullshit as much as mm
Once again I'm sorry for your shit taste
>>
>>332958981
I know 12 dollars for the amiibo is a ripoff but I borrowed Ganondorf from a friend and it's made this current TP HD run my 2nd favorite {behind mm)
>>
>>332955151
but skyward sword is the worst zelda game
not counting spirit tracks
>>
>>332970319
I thought the train was fun, but the touchscreen controls ruined it for me.
>>
>>332970621
It's a name synonymous with cuck, like anthony burch
>>
>>332969130
Skyward sword is an abomination
>>
>>332970196
I can see that, I was playing it recently and thought the game was pretty fun.
>>
>>332971076
That's a weird way to say Majora's Mask is the worst Zelda along with phantom hourglass
>>
>>332971175
I'm a cuck for pointing out the worst Zelda games?
>>
>>332971252
No it's not.
>>
>>332966432
The problem is Wind Waker was an insult to children too, since it was even easier than any video game that came before it.
>>
>>332971318
Backtracking and fighting the same boss over and over wasn't very enjoyable
>>
>>332971318
It's pretty bad man.
>>
>>332971252
And it's still better than twilight princess
>>
>>332955537
>Rehash of Ocarina
WW is literally OoT in water.

At least TP has an original story.
>>
>>332971289
Nah you're a cuck for not recognising a good game, like the egoraptor you are
>>
>>332960071
>>Extremely linear

So is every Zelda after MM.
>>
>>332971286
i didnt like phantom hourglass either but majora's mask was excellent
i was really worried about the time limit mechanic when i first heard about it before release but thankfully they implemented it well
>>
>>332971424
Majora's Mask does the same thing and /v creams themselves over it, which I don't get as the bosses in that game were worse than the imprisoned
>>
>>332965673
>>332965739
and there is literally no reason to use the slingshot as child Link because you already have the boomerang.
>>
>>332969339
>Nah senpai it's because the dungeons and bosses are shit
Then why do people suck Wind Waker's dick so much?
>muh visuals
>muh comfy
>>
>>332971424
>le three times meme
It's significantly different each time.

Skyward Sword is unusually hated, when it's essentially the same as the rest of them. If Skyward Sword is an "abomination", then the rest can't be much better.
>>
>>332971602
>implemented well
The game forces you to go through the same shitty dungeons with the puzzles reset and it also hampers exploration
I would say it would be better off without it, but it would still be a shitty oot knock off
>>
>>332971593
>every zelda game from alttp
Because that one literally told you the order to complete the dungeons
>>
>>332972041
So did the first game.
>>
>>332971825
I don't like wind waker that much either, but Majora's Mask carries the original sin of the franchise
>>
>>332972041
It didn't force you to do them in any order
>>
I need to replay TP one day, it's the only Zelda I haven't played at least twice (along with Adventure of Link because fuck that POS)
>>
>>332971910
Are you kidding, Skyward Sword is NOT the same tier as Wind Waker and ALTTP.

Skyward Sword clearly treats you like a newfag and cripples your enjoyment several times in the game just to give you the sense of "accomplishment." I'd take Wind Waker over Skyward Sword any day.
>>
>>332972189
It was more blatent on the map than fi could ever hope to be
>>
>>332972220
>username
Where can I send you le reddit gold?
>>
>>332972273
And you weren't forced them to do them in that order.
WW began the forced linearity trend
>>
>>332972441
It was still spelled out for you, and the open endedness was artificial
Also, mm started the trend for linearity
>>
>>332972401
I don't want it, I'm supposed to git gud at being a NEET.
>>
>>332972650
Not really. In MM you can still do out of order if you want.

WW? Not even trying.
>>
>>332972662
Maybe you can lose some weight and git gud at ss, as only fatties and retards have a problem with that game
>>
>>332955151
>>comfy gameplay
Comfy is a meaningless buzzword but I like the gameplay in this one. Link has never controlled better and his moveset is pretty much perfect
>>non-childish story
Depends on what you call childish. Some would say all Zelda games are but I'd say the only ones that are truly childish are Skyward and Wind Waker until the final visit to Hyrule. At least if we're only talking about the 3D games.
>>expansive overworld
It's huge but there's not enough in it. I don't mind it when I'm actually playing but when you look at it from a map or something you begin to notice all the goodies in Hyrule Field are cash or stamps. The music in Hyrule Field is fucking top notch and I'd say it captures what "Link" is all about as a character.
>>
File: Teleports infront of you.jpg (70 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
Teleports infront of you.jpg
70 KB, 450x532
So what's your wishlist for the next zelda game?
>8 dungeon minimum
>boss rush mode
>dungeon rush mode
>another cave of ordeals/enemy rush mode
>overworld changes corresponding to your game progress
>mini dungeons, puzzles and bands of enemies accompanied by a boss scattered across the overworld
>dungeon items that aren't useless outside of the dungeon
>upgradeable items
>advanced swordtechniques
>a companion that doesn't interefere too much and is fun to have around
>story that isn't too grand like SS but not too basic, make it somewhat like MM in that the overarching story is in the background and you can choose to follow a sidestory depending on which npc quest you choose
>this way players who want to continue with the main path can do so and players that want to experience different sidestories have their option
>make every scene/story/explanation segment skippable for future replays.
And lastly.
>a rival adventurer who travels to each dungeon location that competes with you to snag valuable items
>make it a girl :)
>>
>>332955151

>comfy gameplay
>non-childish story
>expansive overworld
None of these describe Twilight Princess. By trying to be overly brown and gritty, Twilight Princess actually became the favorite of 14 year old hipsters.
>>
>>332973003
I just want to go through dungeons, get items and fight monsters
>>
>>332972787
PSH.

I'll have you know I beat it on normal AND HERO MODE.

AND I GOT MOST OF THE FI CUBES. The game is still bad as a Zelda game, as a game it's like I'm playing a hybrid of Final Fantasy and Uncharted.
>>
>>332973191
If you got through it all and tried to 100% iy, then the game wasn't that bad
>>
>>332970198
Yeah I'd have that view. I enjoy them all
>>
>>332973191
>it's like I'm playing a hybrid of Final Fantasy and Uncharted.
Saucey-kun, have you taken your pills today?
>>
File: shadowtemple.webm (957 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
shadowtemple.webm
957 KB, 720x480
>>332973375
I got to 98% maybe 96%.

I don't think I need a more efficient opinion than that.
>>
>>332973003

-Can go to any location or dungeon in any order, even if that dungeon requires an item from another dungeon, it still lets you explore the dungeon whenever you want
-No cinematic breaks; have all story told through NPC that you find on your own
-Original story with no pandering to timeline fags
-No more shitty bug/soul/heart piece collecting
-More creative dungeons besides 'find key, hit switch, repeat 50 times'
-Overseen by Tezuka and not Aonuma

So basically, the exact opposite of what we'll get.
>>
>>332973412
That would explain why they don't like the best zelda
>>
>>332973451
I said try to 100% you illiterate cuck
>>
File: shadowtemple2.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
shadowtemple2.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>332973610
>If you play more, I'm sure you'll like it!
or
>If you try to complete the experience as it was "intended," you'll love it!

I like Zelda a lot. I want to go in, solve puzzles, collect items, talk to strange, mysterious people and bomb the shit out of some fucking Dodongos. If I can't do at least 2/3rds of those things, you need to have some sort of reason as to why they're not in the game.
>>
>>332955151
I never understood the hate for this game. It's one of my favorite zelda games.
>>
>>332955151
I'm playing through it right now, and despite being a finished product, unlike Wind Waker, it seems to have more moments jampacked with useless filler.

Playing through WWHD, Skyward Sword, Majora 3D, and TPHD basically back-to-back over the last year has really put into perspective just how much worse the 3 subsequent 3D Zelda games are after Ocarina and Majora.
>>
>>332973191
>100% a game you don't like
I don't understand faggots like you, I drop games instantly when I dislike where they're headed. I only played RE 5 and 6 because my friends still liked them and I might as well tuned my brain out to enjoy the co-op, but I'd never play them alone.
>>
>>332974257
I like The Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>332973003
>gender switch at the beginning of the game to please the faggots that want ladylink and allow normal people to play as guylink
>no sidekick or at least not one that's anything like Fi
>6 dungeon minimum counting Final Dungeon
>Pit of 100 trials
>fleshed out sword combat, using TP's moveset as a base and adding to that. Perhaps adding a move that works with the backflip or some moves that work with the bow since this Link has an emphasis on archery so-far
>flesh out the equipment and upgrade systems from Skyward Sword
>actually fill up the massive world they keep advertising
>plot structure similar to Majora where the main plot is only relevant at the beginning and end so that the player is never pressured to ignore sidequests to keep a move on.
>Make Link a player insert rather than a generic hero that wants to save his girlfriend from the demon king. Of all the things to copy from OoT it astonishes me that they never saw this as a factor to its success.
how much you wanna bet only one or two things here will actually happen
>>
>>332955537
>Rehash of Ocarina

People keep saying this.

But I wish it was at least that much than what it became.
>>
>>332966584
>TP
>Tolkien-wannabe westaboo style
Huh?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7234235
>>
WW > OOT > TP > MM > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SS
>>
>>332976007
Not him but I see plenty of Tolkien and even moreso westeern influences in TP
hell for the latter I only need to send one song to convince you Link's a fucking cowboy in TP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vWiXcJrDE
>>
>>332976014
SS is legitimately a 6/10 game to me. Above average, but I wouldn't finish it if it wasn't a Zelda game.
>>
>>332955537

If TP was a rehash of Ocarina, it would have been good. Instead, it removed all the good things about Ocarina and replaced it with cinematics that make (very weak) nods to Ocarina.
>>
>>332976007
LotR was really popular around the time TP would have been in development, I think it really shows through in a lot of the game's designs.

Hell, the fire temple boss is basically just a balrog.
>>
File: legend_notamused.jpg (75 KB, 621x840) Image search: [Google]
legend_notamused.jpg
75 KB, 621x840
>>332977872

To be fair, the very first Zelda game was made when movies like Legend and Labyrinth were big. I'm still convinced that many scenes in Legend were inspiration for multiple Zelda games. And Diablo.

But Twilight Princess might have also tried to go all brown and bloom to appeal to the shitty LOTR adaptations. Though I think it was more about copying western games as a whole, which were doing that.
>>
File: foresttemple.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
foresttemple.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1088
Maximum comfy
>>
>>332978309
Eh
>>
>>332955151
Love this game and always have. Don't give half a fuck.
>>
>>332955801
This post is old as fug, but I just thought I'd say that I also liked Hyrule field. Maybe I just need to play more open world games, but I thought it was really neat.
>>
>>332978586

>Still looks worse than a 512i PS2 game

Pretty impressive how much the bloom and design still looks bad after an HD upgrade.
>>
>>332978586

>those trees
>that rock formation
>blocky buildings

Is this a picture of Skyrim?
>>
File: foresttemple2.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
foresttemple2.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>
File: Shadow_Kargaroc.png (302 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Kargaroc.png
302 KB, 992x744
>>332978213
Either way, it seems like a lot of western things worked into the style of it, which I don't think is a bad thing, really. I actually liked the art direction in a lot of places, it seemed like it went dark enough to feel noticeably different without going so far that it felt inappropriate for the series.

I just wish the gameplay and writing could have matched up with it.
>>
>>332979843

>I just wish the gameplay and writing could have matched up with it.
That was pretty much my issue. I haven't been fond of the art design in any of the Zelda games since Wind Waker. But I don't care that much about art design if the gameplay and character interaction is still fun.

But in Twilight Princess, I didn't like the art design or the gameplay. So both became worse as a whole.
>>
Everything that isn't Link and his Wolf form controls like my ass.

Epona
Kayaking
Floating the with a cuccoo
Rollgoal
Flying with the giant bird
Swimming

Whenever you had to do anything that was a gimmick just for this game, it controlled like shit.
>>
>>332980081
I liked Twilight Princess' gameplay a whole lot. My problem stemmed from the lack of stuff to do in the game. After you get all the bugs, it's like you're simply playing it for the heart pieces, and most of them aren't very hard to find. At least in Ocarina and Majora's Mask you get little Easter eggs here and there like the scarecrow and so on.

Replayability was very low if you ask me.
>>
>>332970574
The fucking snowboard race with this bitch should have been her bossfight. Jesus fuck.
>>
File: 1300044776986[1].jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986[1].jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>332956013
> Implying that Arbiter's Grounds was not the best dungeon + dungeon boss combo in the history of Zelda games
>>
Wouldn't it be cool if Zelda was a trap? I'm not gay or anything, but i'd love to suck Zelda's feminine penis.
>>
>>332980518
HAH

I KNEW IT.
>>
>Give you the ability to expand Link's moveset with hero scrolls
>Every regular enemy dies in a few sings so you never need the extra moves
>Every tougher enemy is immune to the stronger moves so you can't use them

What's even the point then? Darknuts in this game ae fucking retardedly strong.
>>
File: puke.jpg (10 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
10 KB, 175x175
>>332978586
>people think this looks good
>>
>>332980324

I was basically including flow and content when I said gameplay. WHich the game was basically '500 Fetch Quests: The Game'. But I also don't think the combat was good. Mostly because Link swings his sword like a fucking mace and not a sword. And despite smacking things like a mace, it takes twice as many hits to kill an enemy than it does in other Zelda games.

And everything you do as a wolf is shit. Combat, soul collecting, climbing, howling out Ocarina tunes....my god, it was just embarrassing.
>>
File: jesus_grin.png (44 KB, 128x114) Image search: [Google]
jesus_grin.png
44 KB, 128x114
>>332980518
>capitalizing the fucking "s"

Not so good at impersonation now are we?
>>
>>332981036
Don't rub it in.
>>
>>332980324
I always just felt like, despite the dark and imposing atmosphere, there wasn't really a whole lot of danger. That, plus the general lack of things to do/find and the fact that most abilities/items go unused or only used in one dungeon, made the game feel far too simple.

That's the disconnect here, the game presents itself as being darker, more serious, more mature, more complex, yet the gameplay is simple and the plot is mostly recycled and offers no real twist on the formula everyone came to expect, with a majority of the time spent just doing standard Zelda stuff, like wandering back and forth collecting macguffins.
>>
Cave of Shadows is a fucking nightmare. Some of these enemies are very clearly not designed for Wolf Link combat.
>>
File: Link_Artwork_4_Skyward_Swor.png (2 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Link_Artwork_4_Skyward_Swor.png
2 MB, 1400x1400
>>332980794
Link wields the Master Sword like that because he's pretty tall and the sword isn't exactly a long sword by comparison. In Skyward Sword, the sword completely dwarfs Link I think.

>>332981171
I think there was genuine danger in Twilight Princess but I don't think it was evenly distributed. I've beaten the game a couple times and most of the monsters in it are genuinely good and menacing, but they're so far between that it's impossible to feel the gravity of the world you're playing in. If not Lake Hylia or way up in Celestia, the feeling doesn't stick very well.

In Wind Waker, the problem is still there, but they're aware of that and try to fix it with storms and so on so it doesn't feel so monotonous.
>>
>>332969256
>Minish Cap
>Meh

I suppose you can't have fun when you're blind and deaf.
>>
File: twilight princess zelda comfy 2.jpg (290 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess zelda comfy 2.jpg
290 KB, 1152x648
>>332979007
>he thinks DQVIII looks better than Twilight Princess
no
>>
>>332979407
Skyrim looks way worse
>>
>>332979007
>saturated colors means something looks good
>>
>>332983117
>>332983212
>>332983285

>samefagging this hard
>>
File: not samefagging but.png (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not samefagging but.png
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>332983404
I'm not the third guy but I wasn't samefagging. Just replying to two different things while accidentally not doing so in the same post.
>>
>>332983117

>he thinks Twilight Princess looks better than Dragon Quest VIII
no

Great argument. Want to go another round?
>>
>>332983842
I wasn't making an argument though. Just disagreeing. Since you said no, are you claiming that you don't think DQVIII looks better? If so, then why did you imply such? Why would you post a PS2 screenshot in response to Twilight Princess while saying "still looks worse than a PS2 game" while not actually thinking it looks worse than the screenshot in question? You're not making any sense anon.
>>
File: facepalm_rassie.png (568 KB, 559x597) Image search: [Google]
facepalm_rassie.png
568 KB, 559x597
>>332984026

>Since you said no, are you claiming that you don't think DQVIII looks better?
Since you said no, are you claiming you don't think Twilight Princess looks better?

Holy shit dude, it was literally a reversal of your own post.
>>
File: spirittemplefight.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
spirittemplefight.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>
File: twilight princess zelda comfy.png (2 MB, 1261x933) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess zelda comfy.png
2 MB, 1261x933
>>332984179
Oh wait I read your post wrong.
Sorry anon. My bad.

I will say though that I wasn't making an argument. Just saying what I thought. I don't like how bright and saturated DQVIII looks. Its uncomfortable on my eyes, while TP looks much more mellow and the colors all blend together more rather than making everything stick out seperately.
>>
File: darksouls.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>
File: twilight princess hd 2.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess hd 2.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>332984649
Why is this person so bad at OoT?
>>
>>332955801
That and the outer field was connected without loading zones was really nice too. Spent a good amount of time doing laps and enjoying the music.
>>
File: Spirittemple2.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Spirittemple2.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>332984739
Because this person is playing at 17FPS on a PJ64 emulator.
>>
>>332984739

One takes their skill for granted until they see an actual casual play video games for an appreciable amount of time. And no, that webm is not casual gameplay. It's still better, at least it incorporates instances of good spacing and timing.
>>
>>332985158
>17FPS
But the actual game doesn't run for much higher. Would 3FPS really make that much of a difference?
>>
File: Spirittemple.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Spirittemple.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>332985506
No but if you play it on the Wii Virtual Console, the game runs at 60.

Also some iterations of Master Quest run at a solid 60, but I haven't found any to play on PJ64.
>>
>>332960071
>>Never used the moving bombs
This. What is even the purpose of bombchus?
>>
My one and only problem is that it is probably the easiest Zelda I've played, maybe OoT is easier but being the first 3D Zelda it has somewhat of an excuse

Other than that I'm just waiting for a Sale is some store to get it I only played it at Wii launch and my cousin lost got the game stolen when I lent it to him
>>
>>332987053

They're...cool, I guess?
>>
>>332970196
>but it's one of those 'where the fuck do I go' kinda games

That's
a) True of any good Zelda
b) Only occurs once in Zelda 2
>>
>>332955151
I played it on the wii and the controls were so bad that I hate the thing. I heard it was much better on gamecube and have read nothing about the wiiu version.
>>
>>332987291

I'm a TPfag and the game's definitely easier than OoT. With the exception of the Cave of Ordeals/Shadows, the game doesn't bear much in the way of teeth without being on Hero Mode with the Ganondorf amiibo.
>>
>>332987558

WiiU controls with the gamepad with no real forced motion controls outside of Rollgoal. You can aim with the gyro but you don't have to. There's also Hero Mode and a few minor tweaks like faster climbing, the rupee glitch removed, and Miiverse stamps in place of excessive rupee chests.
>>
>>332987656
This is why I want to play it, Hero Mode, and I own Ganondor Amiibo so yeah might be cool

I hated that MM3D didn't had a Hero mode
>>
>>332980509
Hell yes. This guys gets it.
>>
File: tumblr_nztoa8H4cO1sz88fho1_540.jpg (84 KB, 540x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nztoa8H4cO1sz88fho1_540.jpg
84 KB, 540x681
FUCK OUTTA MY WAY

GOD TIER:
OoT
Majora's Mask
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening

HIGH TIER:
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

MID TIER:
Minish Cap
Link Between Worlds
Phantom Hourglass
Four Swords (w/ friends)
Zelda 1

DEBATABLY LOW OR MID TIER:
Skyward Sword

LOW TIER:
Zelda 2
Spirit Tracks
Four Sword (w/ retards)

None of them are shit, but meh at best.
>>
File: dem trees.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dem trees.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>332979407
Better than SS trees and textures
>>
>>332980137
>Kayaking
>Floating the with a cuccoo
>Rollgoal
>Flying with the giant bird
definitely
>Swimming
>Epona
Not at all, TP has better controls for these than any other game in the series.
>>
Move ALBW to high and swap Spirit Tracks with Phantom Hourglass and you've got yourself a solid list.
>>
>>332969256
bump SS up to good, add ALBW to god tier, drop link's awakening to meh and TP to shit and you got a good ranking
>>
>>332960683
wolf form feels exactly like human form, just with different textures and animations. You get the smell sense vision which tells you exactly where to go for a couple encounters. You collect bugs, platform, talk to animals, and fight one of ganon's forms as a wolf. You could say that you need wolf form to unlock the combat moves, but if link received another musical instrument the wolf part could have been removed from that part entirely.

Being a wolf doesn't suck super hard (its still ass though), but it feels like one of the most underdeveloped parts of TP, and is pretty boring as a result
>>
>>332988482
meant to reply to >>332988315

I'm a dumb
>>
MM > TP > OoT > WW > SS
(3d zeldas)
>>
It reuses so many plot points from oot its sad, and doesnt even bother to use them right. It follows the same formula as oot, but does nothing to improve them. The wolf is awful and unfinished. Link, ganondorf and zelda might as well not even be in the game. Link has no connection to the world barring those shitty kids and ayylmao girl, and that sub plot gets dropped hard as a rock after the 3rd dungeon. Zelda is in the game as an excuse to resurect midna. Ganondorf is a fucking joke, hes reduced to giving some faggot cry baby his powers so he can sit in the back ground and pretend to be important. In OoT? Hes a massive threat, razing towns, claiming land, killing all of links friends, putting his presence in every part of the world, committing two acts of attempted genocide, etc. In tp? He locks himself in a castle that he doesnt even fucking remodel and waits to get his ass kicked.

And theres so much more wrong with the game. The models, the music, the lifeless characters bareing midna which is the only good part of the game
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.