[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admittedly, Sakuraba made some of his best music for this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1838449.png (715 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1838449.png
715 KB, 1280x720
Admittedly, Sakuraba made some of his best music for this game.
>>
>>332947949
I played through it.

The whole thing is vague as fuck.

Is it in his mind? Is it not? Well we are gonna spend the whole game talking about it and life and death only to leave it unanswered, because lol fans will come to their own conclusions.
>>
>>332947949
It had a cool atmosphere and nice music, I don't regret trying it

But I just couldn't fucking take all the melodrama and story retardation. My breaking point was where that one chick turned out to be a spy or something and spent the better part of 15 minutes rolling around on the floor talking about how she was in love with one of the dudes, and the cutscene involved flashbacks to EARLIER IN THE SAME CUTSCENE.
>>
>>332948308
>Well we are gonna spend the whole game talking about it and life and death only to leave it unanswered

It's unanswered in the 360 version. Answered in the ps3 version.

Also.... ps3's normal mode is 360's encore mode. PS3 version is hard as fuck from the start.
>>
>>332947949
last gen was really shitty for JRPGs considering Eternal Sonata was one of the best ones of last gen
>>
File: infinite undiscovery (2).jpg (105 KB, 680x364) Image search: [Google]
infinite undiscovery (2).jpg
105 KB, 680x364
Running up for WOAT jrpg coming through...

Admittedly, killing the Moon God and sending all those special snowflakes (including some of your friends) into permanent sleep was hilarious, though.
>>
>>332952459
Came home from work one day and my flatmate had borrowed this he was grinding crafting horseshoes in that port town.
I went and visited my parents and had a sunday roast came back maybe 4 hours later he was still making horseshoes I asked him if he was not bored shitless doing that and he said no I have been fishing at Catherby too while I am making them.
He never finished the game.
>>
>>332949037
She also spent more time dying than in our party.
>>
>>332947949
I loved it. Nice world, very beautiful, the music was great and the characters were interesting enough. I also liked the battles.
>>
Eternal Sonata and Baten Kaitos are the only two games where it doesn't sound like Motoi Sakuraba is disinterestedly molesting his Casio Keyboard to make the music.
>>
This was pretty bad desu
>>
>>332953446
Did anyone even use Polka? I never did other than the times I had to.
>>
You can eat my dick. The graphics were nice, the combat was unique and interesting, and the music was good. The story was a bit meh but the rest was great.
>>
>>332953692
Don't forget Golden Sun
>>
>>332953837
Me too. I remember using loli twins for their combo building potential and archer girl for her broken long distance headshots.
We weren't discussing Polka though. We were discussing another chick.
>>
>>332954380

Jazz is the only party member you need when he's available. OP as shit.
>>
eternal sonata is actually one of the few rare GOOD jrpgs of last gen. op is a fucking retard
>>
>>332954380
I used Freddy, Viola, and Salsa most of the time. I was kind of upset that Freddy was the final boss as he was my main healer.
>>
File: 1397754041232.png (11 KB, 120x320) Image search: [Google]
1397754041232.png
11 KB, 120x320
Live in ignorance and die in ignorance.
PHANTOM PAIN
>>
>>332954683
lol
>>
>>332953503
I like you, you seem to enjoy games, so listen closely, run from /v/, is bad for you
>>
>>332947949
Never played it.
I only know the game by its OST, which is pretty stellar.
>>
The combat system is fantastic. The way it gradually adds new mechanics then gives you the choice of using the harder modes or scaling it back and taking a penalty. I'd argue it's one of my favorite systems.
>>
>>332954805

Fucking this. I relied entirely on him and never finished thr game.
>>
Why is Allegretto the main character?
>>
>>332955243
Because you can't have a JRPG without a male teen for a player avatar. It's physically impossible nowadays.
>>
Eternal Sonata takes a special place as one of the few games I've played where I could actively feel braincells dying from the mind-numbingly simplistic, repetitive and boring gameplay it makes you endure.
I know JRPGs aren't usually mentally stimulating or complex affairs but this one is offensively retarded.
Looks and sounds fine though.
>>
File: 164.png (164 KB, 465x305) Image search: [Google]
164.png
164 KB, 465x305
>>332954906
I loved the battle quotes so much.

Heed my command and obey: disappear! Coup de Grace!
>>
>>332955512
FF13 and its sequels disagrees with you.
>>
>>332955702
I loved them as well, always got me hyped up.
>>
>>332947949
It wasn't a bad game. Not good, but not bad.
Polka was cute as fuck though. I would fuck a Polka.
>>
>>332955675

Someone never got past battle level 1.
>>
>>332947949

I don't know how you could say it was that bad. If you didn't like it, fine, but one of the worst games ever when you've got garbage like Sonic 06, Superman 64, and Big Rigs?
>>
>>332955037
Stop being a redditor and there's 3 stages to /v/. 1 newfaggotry causes you to be blatantly retarded. 2 you learn to hate everything and everyone. 3 you burn out and in your exaustion you find things you like but still are able to be critical in your choices. Most people dont make it past 1and dont get stuck in 2.
>>
SHADE COMET
>>
>>332955834
>MC is known as "Cloud but female"
Not sure what you're proving here
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.