[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aonuma has played through Dark Souls: Thinks it's too easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
Is he right, /v/?
>>
who is he and why do i care what he thinks on this pressing issue?
>>
>>332946153
Get out.
>>
>>332945887
Wasn't hard to begin with.
Just anti-yolo.
>>
>>332945887
>No source
Fuck off
>>
>>332945887
He right about the last bit. The Souls series is the most user unfriendly game to any newbie. I mean, obviously most people figure it out hopefully but still.
>>
>need to use specific weapons to kill enemies
>implying this hasn't been the case with Zelda since its inception
>>
>source:gamefaqs
>>
No idea who that is.
Am I supposed to care about some eceleb?
>>
Dark Souls is only hard if you're retarded. The few exceptions that require skill are Fume Knight, Artorias and Sir Alonne.
>>
File: 1457201213876.gif (1011 KB, 670x648) Image search: [Google]
1457201213876.gif
1011 KB, 670x648
>>332946153
>>
Oh some guy on the internet said it was easy? Guess I'd better go re-evaluating my lifestyle then. Should I vote Trump or Sanders oh wise internet man?
>>
>>332948456
The guy who made OOT, the greatest game ever made, yeah.
>>
Dark Souls was never "hard".

Dark Souls is just a time waste.

You want to play as a character you enjoy? You die.
You want to play a slow melee character without wasting 10 minutes for every boss? You die.

You play as a ranged character or as a character with fast evades? You can face roll every boss.
>>
File: 1435638265455.jpg (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1435638265455.jpg
40 KB, 625x626
>>332947189
>>
>>332945887
Fake and gay.
>>
>>332947026
>inception
Do you have braindamage?
>>
File: 1452862844012.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1452862844012.gif
2 MB, 300x169
The original Dark Souls wasn't hard, and neither was Demon's Souls before it, but Dark Souls had incredibly balanced difficulty and rewarding combat. You couldn't head-first into anything, and legitimately had to learn attack patterns and your character's movesets while conserving resources. The reason people consider it hard is because most players aren't used to ANY of that these days.

This is something the Zelda series has lacked in excess. Each enemy in Zelda was either something you completely ran through or required some kind of gimmick to make it vulnerable to damage, in which case they oft become punching bags after said vulnerability is exploited(and most of the time said vulnerabilities are highly projected to the player). Very little has been done to improve Zelda's combat over time.
>>
>>332949298
when you post an accurate source for OP's picture I'll give a shit.

until then, it's a random guy on the internet.

senpai.
>>
>>332945887
I remember the thread back in February. No source was ever posted. And here you are, with a screenshot, not knowing any better. You need to leave, degenerate, don't talk to me or my board ever again
>>
>>332945887

If it's your first Souls game and you play like a DSP, then yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough. Once you actually know how to play, it's not hard at all.
>>
Is he the one who made Twilight Princess? The Zelda game I beat without dying once while not really trying.
>>
>>332945887
I think it's nice that Aonuma can admit he fucked up with Fi

Also Dark Souls does suck
>>
Dark souls has always been easy once you understand enemy move sets and get good at it
>>
>>332945887
I feel like the difficulty for this series varies for different people. For me, I can see why a lot of people find it challenging, but give it time and patience and you'll get through. My issue is that it really did feel like a chore. To me, Bloodborne fit my style a lot more because it felt much faster and I liked the lore more. I'm certain if the souls series(Not BB, obviously) had lore that appealed to me, then I'd probably enjoy it more.
>>
>>332949298
The greatest game ever? I think that's a bit of a stretch
>>
i agree with him that human and undead form could've been better explained.
>>
Hopefully Aonuma still took away some things from Dark Souls that he could use to improve Zelda. Especially in the realm of boss fights and enemy design.
>>
>>332953020
>You couldn't head-first into anything, and legitimately had to learn attack patterns and your character's movesets while conserving resources.
This is unfortunately entirely untrue.
I was watching my retard friend play through DaS by having him summon me for bossfights, doing a bit of damage to offset the defense bonus bosses get, and sitting back and laughing at him as we bantered.

I watched him as he tanked Manus to death in full havels, attacking, drinking estus, and then attacking again, poising through everything, and eventually started consuming humanities when he ran out of 20 estuses. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed.
He killed Kalameet, and basically every other end-game boss the same way.
>>
>For example, a weapon I was using suddenly would become useless against a certain kind of enemy
Is this nigga retarded?
>Enemy resitances are bad
Dark Souls barely has enemy resistances to the point where your weapons are useless.
Also there's almost never a point where your weapons are useless unless you're an idiot that tries to Drake Sword his way through the entire game.
>>
>>332953973
A game is east once you are good at it

No fucking shit every game is easy once you learn it and get good at it that does not mean the game is flat out easy
>>
Who?
>>
>>332945887
Dark Souls is a poor man's hardcore game.

Why do you think so many people like it?
It's hard enough to say "I'm so good at beating the broken and flawed AI" while not actually changeling yourself.
>>
>>332954132
Most RPG games can be beaten through sheer grind of the game.
>>
>>332952543
You don't know what words mean, do you?
>>
>>332954457
He wasn't overleveled though, he was just a nigger fatrolling around in full havels and never had to learn shit other than sip and tank.
I do remember his complaints in our chat room once I told him to do a "light armor only" run. That made up for it.
>>
nice source OP

oh wait
>>
>>332952543
I...uhh....mate...
>>
File: west zelda.png (1 MB, 650x1742) Image search: [Google]
west zelda.png
1 MB, 650x1742
>>332949298
>OoT is the greatest game ever made
Really sick of this meme senpai
>>
>>332945887
Fake, gay, and old.

>>332946153
Leave.
>>
>>332954132
Havels can break the game which is why people hate it.
>>
>>332950160
>Dark Souls is just a time waste.
Literally every video game ever
>>
File: 1375324030501.jpg (10 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
1375324030501.jpg
10 KB, 250x326
Honestly, I played Dark Souls and it never really felt fun or challenging to me, it just felt like an Action RPG made more tedious by just making your stats shit and enemy stats higher than they needed to be
>>
>>332956208

Same. Combat felt really stale as well. Sometimes I wonder if the game's reverence comes from the fact that it's software made by the company who created Armored Core.
>>
>>332956625
I've never played any Armored Core games, and I greatly enjoy the Souls series. Sometimes people just like different things, anon
>>
>>332956625
Oh fuck no, it's popularity is being "The Hardcore Game for Hardcore Gamers", it's now either the game people want to watch you fucking get pissed off at or watch you show your skills by showing how you can win the game with some stupid handicap slapped on you
>>
It honestly sounds like he played the game, got rekt, and blamed it on enemies having different resistances. Also sounds like he just looked up how easily Gwyn can beat with parrys.
>>
>>332955017
>the worst (TP) is the best album by a fucking landslide
>the best (WW) is the worst album by a fucking landslide
KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: 1453440255120.png (447 KB, 750x810) Image search: [Google]
1453440255120.png
447 KB, 750x810
>>332958138
>Yeezus is the worst album
>Late Registration is the best album.
How can you have such terrible taste.
>>
It was a pretty dull game. Bought it around the same time as Skyrim, still prefer Skyrim over it.
>>
>>332958138
>Best album
>Not MBDTF
>Which is rightfully placed next to MM
>Yeezus
>Not a masterpiece but for a completely different reason
>Placed rightfully next to WW
>Liking late registration
pleb
>>
It's not a bad game, but I definitely didn't find myself thirsting for more by the end. Boss fights especially just got tedious, as I ended up just lucking through them by happening not to have them use any of the attacks I don't know how to counter, rather than actually feeling like I learned anything or improved.
>>
>>332947265
It got it's reputation because the levels are often laid out in ways so that you'll die a lot because you didn't know an enemy was hiding somewhere, or that a boss could do a specific attack that can only be dodged or countered in a very specific way.
>>
>yes mr. draper, aunoma is still in charge of the franchise
>>
>>332945887
Did he just mention Fi as if she didn't completely ruin what little challenge Skyward Sword had?
Seriously fuck Fi
>>
File: kanye west - 808s & heartbreak.jpg (16 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
kanye west - 808s & heartbreak.jpg
16 KB, 300x299
>>332955017
>objectively best album not even on there

Why are you so paranoid?
>>
>>332945887
>>332950160
The thing that got people confused was the 'Dark Souls of ___' joke that spread after it got released.
It doesn't mean it's hard, it means you actually have to pay attention to achieve anything in it.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.