[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No Physical Rewards >Tedious Missions >Have to connect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 12
>No Physical Rewards
>Tedious Missions
>Have to connect to social media to get more points
>Points expire 6 months after obtaining them
>Can only get Gold Points by purchasing via e-shop which is always more expensive
>Can only redeem Gold Points for small discounts to buy MORE things from the E-Shop
This new system is literal TRASH
>>
what did you expect?
>>
>>332943134
>consoles
>>
Another nintendo thread
>>
Why is Nintendo so afrais of giving away their games? If they offered something like 10 games of each old system bundled with every system they would sell way more.
>>
>no points from Phsyical games
>>
wait, you dont receieve no points from fisical games?

thats fuckign dum
>>
>No Physical Rewards
give it time
>Tedious Missions
yeah
>Have to connect to social media to get more points
so?
encourages you not to be a hoarder
>Can only get Gold Points by purchasing via e-shop which is always more expensive
you buy games to buy games, gold point shit is nothing more than a lil extra
>Can only redeem Gold Points for small discounts to buy MORE things from the E-Shop
its a smart business practice tho.

This new system is literal TRASH
theres the door.
>>
File: shantae_consider_the_following.gif (353 KB, 526x255) Image search: [Google]
shantae_consider_the_following.gif
353 KB, 526x255
Most of that criticism is warranted. Especially the part about no physical rewards and no points from physical copies of games.

But in the previous system the only way to get points was to buy games. I'm not gonna complain about free ways to get points even if you need to go through a shitty app to get them.

I think this rewards system could be better if they fix the physical problems.
>>
>>332943134
It literally just launched. Come back to me a year from now, and if it's still like that I'll be nay saying just like you are.
>>
>>332943654
>>332943558
>>332943134
Yes you do (probably). There's a page where you have to type in a code.
>>
>>332943846
Here's hoping.
>>
>>332943821

This doesn't hold water for me. They've had a year (or more) to plan this system, why would we expect them to change/improve it over time?
>>
>>332944040
>for me
>namefag
>>>/neogaf/
>>>/facbook/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/your literal mom/
>>
>>332944040
NX? Feedback?
>>
>>332943765
They probably can, since it's proven that you can reward platinum points with codes.
>>
>>332943134
Nintendo should bring back Club Nintendo.
>>
With CFW I can get all the good digital rewards without spending any money, got that new nintendo picross waiting to be installed later tonight, feels good.
>>
>>332943134

Welp, I'm mad. Stockpiling coins for a couple years was much better.
>>
>>332943709

shill
>>
>>332943134
So where is the new online shop they were talking about? Is it possible to buy stuff for the old Wii too?
>>
>>332943134
>your games still aren't tied to your account and you still have to rebuy them if you own a 3DS and Wii U

How hard is it for them to implement this, jesus christ.
>>
>>332945203
shitposter
>>
>>332945462
It's actually soft-implemented. Transferring requires you to call them up and show both proofs of purchase and/or serial numbers. I've done it twice already.
Took 30 minutes max each time. Sure, it's a hassle compared to just having it natively ready, but at least you can do it.
>>
File: image.png (222 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222 KB, 300x192
>Support for the rest of the American continent.
>>
>>332945415
http://www.nintendo.com/games

and yes
>>
>>332943134
Source? Seems like an asshole thing to do.
>>
>>332946148
Yeah, there's your proof
>>
>>332945937
Thanks. But I'm in Europe and they redirect me to the European site where there doesn't seem to be a shop. Does anyone from Europe know for sure if we're going to get the store too?

If we don't, do we at least get gold coins for stuff that we buy on our Wii Us in Wii mode?
>>
>>332946469
You actually just browse the games on their website.
On each page listing, should be links to either purchase the game digital and have it download to your system via SpotPass (whilst it's asleep), or to an official store where you can buy the physical game.
>>
Is the Zelda Picross worth it?
>>
>>332943709
>encourages you not to be a hoarder

fuck off

off
>>
>>332947554
>http://www.nintendo.com/games
Better question, how do we even get 1000 points?
>>
>>332943134

Remember when the site was about to close down and we all got a million free games. Good times. I bought a PS4 from selling free Wii-U and 3DS games.
>>
>>332947554
pokemon picross is fun, so the zelda one should be good too. but I only got 300 points from the platinum rewards, how can I get more?
>>
>>332947938
>I bought a PS4 from selling free Wii-U and 3DS games.

Fucking lol, at least Club Nintendo died with dignity.

My Nintendo is pretty shitty tbqh
>>
Friendly reminder to check the email you used for your club nintendo account for a free 200 point code.
>>
>>332947938
Same. I took full advantage of the Wii Mini exploit and got tons of free physical shit.
>>
>phone too old to run miitomo

Are 60 points a week from sign in bonuses all I'll ever be able to do?
>>
>>332945541
(You)
>>
>>332943134
I'm not too happy with it so far, but it's not trash. But I certainly have some major complaints:

>Codes from physical games
Never buying retail games digitally, they NEED to implement this, quickly. If they don't, it effectively means many customers simply will not earn gold coins. If they really wanted me to buy digitally, they'd discount the games more heavily and shouldn't have shipped the Wii U with fucking 32GB of internal storage. I already have two full retail games I'm not playing because I have nothing to store them on.

>15-30% off coupons are fucking worthless garbage
Those games are already discounted about that much if you by a physical copy on Amazon or something, fucking pointless to waste gold coins on the coupons. They need to be at LEAST 50% off to be worth it when they cost over 200 fucking gold coins, which requires you buy over $200 worth of games to even get.

>Can only add friends through social media, can't add the friends I actually have on my 3DS/Wii U friend list
The fuck were they thinking here? Why do I have to link my fucking Facebook and add my friends that way? Why can't I just add people by their NNIDs like you do on the consoles? I don't use Twitter, I don't use Google+, haven't use Facebook in years.
>>
>>332948339
>>
>>332945462
>your games still aren't tied to your account and you still have to rebuy them if you own a 3DS and Wii U
Your games are tied to your NNID. You do not have rebuy if you get new hardware, but you do have to jump through a hoop or two and call Nintendo and have them link your new console to your NNID.
>>
>point only last six months

that's fucking retarded
>>
>>332948574
Which shouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>332947790
Games give you Gold Points, not Platinum Points, so that's pretty irrelevent considering Zelda Picross is purchased with Platinum Points.
>>
>>332948578
>Being a hoarder
>>
>>332949083
>Being a faggot

Fuck off drone
>>
No point in digital rewards when both the Wii U and 3DS can be hacked.
>>
>>332948739
Yes but you're still not correct in saying games are tied just to hardware and you'd lose all your shit. They fixed that a while ago, and hopefully NX will bring them out of 2002 and give as a proper account system.
>>
>>332949083
>it's hoarding if you don't want to buy our terrible products!

|
|>
|
|
>>
>>332943709
THATS THE POINT
>>
>>332949227
I didn't say that though?

I said that it sucks that you have to buy the same game twice if you have a Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>332949220
I don't want to see you bitch about localization or shit like region lock ever again if you're going to pirate. Piracy is why we didn't get sequels to awesome DS games like Ghost Trick and part of why 3DS and Wii U are region locked.
>>
There hasn't even been a game released since My Nintendo. I'm sure there will be physical game codes.
>>
>>332949251
>Buying products

You wanna know how I know you're a hoarder?
>>
>>332943134
>>Points expire 6 months after obtaining them
I didn't know that, that is ridiculous
I dont have a smartphone so I cant even use the miitomo which seems to be the biggest point grabber.
>>
>>332949083
Kill yourself
>>
>>332949454
All of Nintendo's home consoles were region locked.
>>
>>332949468
I want points for the shit I bought between Club Nintendo going down and this shit being implemented.
>>
I'm probably gonna hoard coins until they're about to expire and then go all out. This line-up pretty much blows. Warioware is old as fuck and picross isn't even a real game.
>>
>>332949083

Who the fuck buys a full priced, 60 dollar retail game on the eshop more than every 6 months? A full 60 dollar game only gets you 60 gold points, and with that all you can get is a discount on punchout, pikmin DLC, metroid fusion, or mario land 2.

If I had years to build up gold points, I might be able to get some good rewards through smaller eshop titles (which are the only thing you really should be buying on the eshop) but if I have to constantly worry if they will expire then why bother?

Plus, since the rewards seem to just cycle in and out every 5 months, you might have to take a gamble. "Oh, I don't really want any of these rewards, so should I get these mediocre rewards now, or save them for the next reward cycle, which might be even worse, or shit I already have"
>>
>>332949447
>I said that it sucks that you have to buy the same game twice if you have a Wii U and 3DS.
Not him, but his point is that this statement is blatantly wrong. How did you misunderstand that? It's pretty basic and straightforward.
>>
>>332949625
>picross isn't even a real game.

You talkin' shit about Picross m8?
>>
>>332949625
>hating picross

kill yourself
>>
>>332949447
Some games do give you both versions, like Mutant Mudds
>>
>>332949726
>>332949807
Not the same guy, but you can get Pokemon Picross on 3DS for "free" already, this one seems kind of pointless. Give us a VC/eshop games or something instead.
>>
>>332949726
>>332949807
>Lmao slap a popular name in front of a shitty puzzle
>Metroid Sudoku
>Mario Solitaire
>Fire Emblem Minesweeper

A fucking shit.
>>
>>332950070
no one is complaining about the name. It's fucking Picross.

It's fucking good cause it's fucking Picross
>>
>>332949689
Most people don't put too much thought into the small bonuses they get for buying a game, hell, most people will forget this is a thing.

Also, most of my friends and acquaintances buy a full priced game every 1-2 months. $60 honestly isn't that much.
>>
>>332949513

Unfortunately even miitomo only gets you 35 points a day, and that's if you actually play it and get invested in that shit, which I wouldn't say is worth an old virtual console game you can emulate, or a 15% discount on an overpriced eshop game.

Just register miitomo once for a few hundred coins, and you should be pretty close to getting wario ware touched. Get that, and then never look back
>>
>>332950070
>Pricross
>shitty puzzle

Wow, what a faggo
>>
>>332950193
>Also, most of my friends and acquaintances buy a full priced game every 1-2 months

I do too, but digitally? On the eshop?
>>
>>332950193
Do you work for Nintendo?

Fucking shill.
>>
I sucks.
>>
>>332943709

then maybe they shouldn't charge so fucking much for everything

the only thing there that's even remotely worth the hassle (besides some games which you are essentially buying anyway since they're gold points only) is that picross game which is 1000 points. I did everything not-miitomo related even with the 200 extra they gave me for having a CN account and I'm still sitting only 500. 500 which will expire in six months mind you.
>>
>>332950353
I buy from the e-shop whenever I'm too lazy to go out and buy something. The only games I wish I would have bought Physically instead are Splatoon (To sell when the Multiplayer dies down/Splatoon 2 is released), Sticker Star and Awakening (Because they were both just awful)
>>
>>332943134
>not having CFW and pirating all 3DS games
>>
just for reference you have to spend $130 to get a 30% discount on splatoon and about $230 to get a Wii U VC copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns
>>
>>332950934
That's a pretty fair deal.
>>
File: 1419916172291.png (50 KB, 353x358) Image search: [Google]
1419916172291.png
50 KB, 353x358
>>332943709
>>Points expire 6 months after obtaining them

Do you not understand the entire point of these systems...!?
The most dumbfounding thing about this is it hurts Nintendo to do this. People "hoarded points" to get the big items. This means people went on through the year, buying as many Nintendo items as possible in hopes they'd get a special, limited run, item they could sell on eBay for $200+ or keep for themselves because they're that big of a fan. It was the perfect system because it was giving Nintendo sales and giving consumers what they wanted to.
>>
>>332951118
Not to mention that there's only ever 2 or 3 first party games over the course of 6 months.
>>
>>332951118
We need to be vocal about it and let them know 6 months is insulting and almost renders using the program pointless, especially if they only swap stuff out a few times a year. Spam their social media, they might actually listen and change it.
>>
>>332943134
the points expiring is the only problem i have with the system
>>
>>332951261

This. They released their shitty loyalty site as soon as they stopped releasing games worth buying. You can buy star fox zero on the eshop, then by the time zelda u is out, your points are expired. Then, probably 6 months after that we'll get some NX games to buy, and maybe then it'll FINALLY get some use, but that's assuming you go all digital which I'd only recommend for retards
>>
File: 1354334069499.png (157 KB, 443x224) Image search: [Google]
1354334069499.png
157 KB, 443x224
>>332950070
>Picross
>Sudoku
>Solitaire
>Minesweeper
>Shit

Let me guess, you only do mature crosswords for mature puzzlers like yourself?
>>
>>332950661
>Treehouse localizes even harder because core stopped buying entirely
>More shit like region lock that only hurts actual customers
>No sequels to niche games that everyone just pirated
Free games are great, but it'll get to a point where you won't even want or have anything to pirate.
>>
>>332951845
>>More shit like region lock that only hurts actual customers
That shit's existed since the NES, though.
>>
>>332951823

not him but sudoku is gay

never played picross tho

solitaire and minesweeper are legit. Solitaire is my go-to game when I just wanna relax while listening to a podcast or something.
>>
File: 3018068-picross.jpg (72 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
3018068-picross.jpg
72 KB, 400x480
I'm finding Zelda Picross infuriating to play because of a control style they changed, and there's no option to change it back to how it is in literally EVERY OTHER Picross game with a touch screen;

When in stylus mode, pressing up/down on the d-pad LOCKS it in place whether you're filling or crossing in squares. By default, when a puzzle starts, it's Up so if you start counting the blocks with your stylus, you accidentally fill them in.

You have to manually hit up every time you want to turn the ability to fill squares on or off. You have to manually hit down every time you want to turn the ability to cross out squares. You can't just hold up/down and release. It's fucking infuriating because you'll be constantly filling in squares you didn't want to, or erasing shit you already did.
>>
>>332951979

So should we still be playing games with a pathetically limited color palette and number of sprites on screen before horrendous slowdown, and just accept that that's the best the industry can get? I mean, that shit's existed since the NES though.
>>
>>332952250
If you weren't illiterate, you'd know that piracy won't make Nintendo hurt their customers any more than they have been for decades.
>>
>>332952109
shit, I was looking forward to getting that, are there at least a good amount of picross puzzles?
>>
File: Ce-HFhMUkAA_OAm.jpg (77 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
Ce-HFhMUkAA_OAm.jpg
77 KB, 600x843
>>332952425

Other than that one thing fucking ruining everything, and the twenty minute mandatory tutorial that assumes you're fucking retarded, it's good. I got what I paid for, I guess, which was technically nothing.

A lot of the puzzles don't look like shit, though. You really gotta stretch your imagination. I thought this was the alien from Star Wars at first. Each puzzle, when completed under the time limit, lets you use it as a stamp on Miiverse but they all look so awful I can't imagine why anyone would. Many puzzles, like the Heart Container, are cut off on the edges to make them fit in the 10x10 or 15x15 spaces.
>>
>>332952743
How did you get the fucking 1000 Platinum coins?

I only have like 200
>>
>>332951979
And it doesn't have to anymore, they're the only ones that still do it. Their handhelds weren't region locked until 3DS and I really think rampant DS piracy and importing in other territories is what caused them to implement it on 3DS.
>>
>>332952923

Preregistered My Nintendo, preregistered Miitomo, did all of the Miitomo challenges, linked my Facebook and Twitter to My Nintendo, etc. It gave me over 1,300 Platinum Coins.

Still have 0 Gold Coins and probably always will, since gold rewards are nothing more than fucking discounts on digital versions of games. It's funny how the best shit can be earned for free with the worst shit is the only shit you get for actually spending money.
>>
>>332952743
wait so is it actually worth it or should I get warioware touched instead I feel like I'm getting conflicting opinions from you?
>>
what the fuck is picross
>>
I dont care as long as EU E-shop wont have discounts and sales like US one.

Hell, basically everything cost fortune, more than new PC titles. EU shop gets discounts like 20% or something and in 90% cases only on indie shit games. Oh and SMT IV. Fucking SMT IV, over and over and over and over.

When they did discount on Monster Hunter, the price was STILL higher than boxed version. And double the price I normally pay for NEW RELEASES on PC.

My (N)3DS have only one game, boxed Etrian Odyssey IV and buying it was ultimately one of the most stupid ideas I had so far. After clearing that one game, I dont even play on it, since all games cost so much. It just lie on my desk.

At least not as dead as Vita, but thats not really much to say.
>>
>>332953157

As someone who thinks Touched was the weakest WarioWare game, if you like WarioWare, get Touched instead.

But I'm surely in a matter of months, if not weeks depending on coin earning options Nintendo makes available, you'll be able to afford both. But get Touched first.

Unless you REALLY like Picross and think the retarded fill/cross controls won't ruin everything for you.
>>
>>332953848
I haven't played Touched, but I think it was a lot better than Smooth Moves.
It had a shitload of extra shit which kept it cool.
>>
>>332953553

Puzzle game. The numbers on thesides tell you the number of filled spaces in that row or column and whether or not they're touching. For example, if the row were six spaces with the numbers 2 1 1 then the only way it would fit is to have the first two filled, skip one, fill the next, skip another, and fill the last. But they're usually 10x10 or bigger.
>>
>>332954013
I haven't played Touched in years, sorry.

I would recommend it.
>>
>>332953848
thanks for the advice, yeah I'll get touched first then picross, I really like both but I still have a few picross puzzles that I havent finished on the earlier games, pretty sure I played Touched years ago and it was awesome.
>>
>>332954401
>I'll get touched first
l-lewd
>>
>>332954501
oh you
>>
>Points expire in six months so you can't fucking save them
>Can only get the good shit by spending money, but nothing you bought in-between Club Nintendo and this counts
>Even when you spend money and get the gold points, it's all shit most of the people who use this service already have in some way because Nintendo has already given it to you a hundred times over before
>STILL can't get the VC games you've bought for free on the opposite console you didn't, even if you have the accounts linked

Yeah, nah, it's shit
>>
>>332943846
>>332943965

codes are given through email as rewards/prizes from Nintendo contests etc

no physical games will have ANY rewards
>>
>>332955345
For now.
>>
Sucks that all the points have to be gotten through the miitomo app. Still can't get that shit to work.
>>
>>332955787
whats the problem friend?
>>
>>332948228
>mfw no email yet
Am I cucked out of 200 plat coins?
>>
>>332943134
>can't get points from physical games

They can't possibly be that stupid, can they?
>>
File: 1372829965971.png (186 KB, 376x445) Image search: [Google]
1372829965971.png
186 KB, 376x445
what are platinum coins for?
i got email that gives me 200 of them for being in the club nintendo

but with no physical rewards im not interested in digital only goods that will force me to upgrade my sd card(especially now that i have a NEWXL that takes extra work to gain access to)

nintendo being even more jew with this new club shit...man they are stupid nowadays
>>
>want to buy a $4.99 game on eShop
>won't get gold points because less than $5
Is there any way to combine purchases?
>>
>>332955787
You can still get 120 each week just from the four logins.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x1059) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x1059
Is this worth it? Never played it before
>>
It

just

barely

started holy shit calm your tits

I mean, yeah, it's shitty for those who don't have Miitomo yet on their countries because that means fuck all to do, but Jesse Cristo, it just barely started
>>
>>332958254
Yeah, pretty cool game.
>>
>>332958254
It's the worst of the WarioWare games, but it's still good. Have fun, anon.
>>
File: Sassy aren't we.png (139 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
Sassy aren't we.png
139 KB, 500x449
>>332958463
>The worst of the WarioWare games

Look at this badass dude he never played Snapped

Can't deny it still from being a letdown though, at least compared to the original/Twisted/everything else.
>>
>>332943709
/nintoddlers/ everyone
>>
>>332958798
Falseflagger, you mean. Nobody agrees with him
>>
Is Warioware Touched the one with Ashley in it? Or does it atleast have Kat and Ana?
>>
>>332960126

Yes, it's the first game where Ashley, Mike and Jimmy T.'s family, the Thang, were introduced.
>>
>>332960631

NEVER FUCKING MIND, a second after this post, I realized Jimmy T's parents were already introduced in Twisted, his siblings afterwards.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.