[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom thread. Anti-hype "It's a shit port and as casual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Doom thread. Anti-hype "It's a shit port and as casual as you expected it to be" edition.

>Fixed FOV
>No demo's / replays
>No SDK
>Visual clutter
>Positional sound is terrible
>No movement mechanics whatsoever
>Over the top recoil
>Terrible mouse input
>Footsteps next to impossible to hear
>No forceskins
>Fixed max movement speed
>No rocket jumping / plasma climbing

I don't even mind the concept of loadouts or power weapons, I think those aspects can work.
I highly doubt they've spent any time putting analysis into what makes an arena FPS great. I doubt they've even spent time with the competitive scene of their previous games to get their input. I mean shit, it would be interested in knowing if sponge/sync ever had any input.
I get that lot of these issues can be fixed, but right now there's no way in hell I'm putting my money down on a game with a skill ceiling / mechanics this basic and with all these fundamental issues that make for a shit FPS. It really looks like id have no idea what they're doing any more despite being the grandfathers of the scene.
>>
File: Redalert.gif (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Redalert.gif
6 KB, 640x480
>>332935858
!ALERT! THE BIG NEW GAME COMING OUT IS SHIT !ALERT!
>>
It's Halo 6
>>
>It really looks like id have no idea what they're doing any more despite being the grandfathers of the scene.
The mistake was outsourcing it to devs responsible for some Halo and COD games.
>>
>>332935858
Why would you say you want it to be competitive and then bitch about a fixed FOV

Ramping it up gives distinct advantages of sight over people who don't want to play the game through the eyes of a fish.
>>
>>332937891
Actually raising your FOV has advantages and disadvantages. Higher FOV can improve awareness, but makes it more difficult to focus and aim on targets
>>
File: 1456309825683.jpg (35 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1456309825683.jpg
35 KB, 500x377
>>332937891
>fixed FoV FPS = it's a console port
how new are you?
>>
[SPOILER] boycott until they add split screen to campaign. [/spoiler]
>>
Man I love these threads, they always play out the same way each time
>/v/ shits on an upcoming game
>calls the game bad and the devs hacks
>game comes out
>is greeted with great ratings and sales
>half of /v/ begins to start calling it good and the other half sticks with their original statement of it being shit
>eventually the sales become too god and that half begins acting like they said it was good the whole time
>>
>>332939408
have you ever played doom?
>>
>>332939485
Yes, I've played the original, 2, brutal, 64, ultimate, and even 3
And I can say, while the new one doesn't look that great, it surely looks like the best Doom related thing we've seen in over 10 years
>>
File: 1435499974239.png (84 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1435499974239.png
84 KB, 466x492
>>332939991
>it surely looks like the best Doom related thing we've seen in over 10 years
>>
File: aqSpfyW.jpg (891 KB, 1080x3150) Image search: [Google]
aqSpfyW.jpg
891 KB, 1080x3150
Doom died years ago, with 3. This is common knowledge.

Go play sonething else.
>>
>>332940228
Stop pretending it's not
They retconned all the shit designs 3 forced, they brought the speed element back, enemies are crazy strong now, weapon placement actually makes sense, and they have a mode that basically opens up the game to modifications
>>
Is the game even out yet? I'm not one to generally scream "it's a beta!" but optimization might improve with the final game and they might add a fov option and fix some other things. In any case though I don't know what you expected since it's made for consoles just like almost every other game. Though they seem to be on the fence about appealing to old fans and the resulting amalgamation of old and new game mechanics (though mostly new or with a new twist on them) is shit. Like having to get healthpacks but pretty much every enemy dropping them when you kill them. It's like the result of someone using a monkey's paw.
>>
>>332940590
Retconned shit designs with literal abortions?
speed as in your FOV is so low that it looks slightly faster?
bulletsponges enemies (yeah I totally remember that from doom (not))
There are no modifications, it's completely closed and the only thing you can modify is the color of your "loadout"
Nice try bethesdashill but no one wants your turd
>>
>>332935858
>>Footsteps next to impossible to hear
I'm fine with this. Sometimes it's nice to play without headphones.
>>
Played 30 minutes then uninstalled this crap.
Took me 3 hours to download. Thanks Bethesda.
>>
>>332940856
>speed as in your FOV is so low that it looks slightly faster?
Not how that works. Higher FOV looks faster, that's why games tend to raise it when using sprint.
>bulletsponges enemies (yeah I totally remember that from doom (not))
Conjecture.
>There are no modifications, it's completely closed and the only thing you can modify is the color of your "loadout"
Factually incorrect, again.
>>
File: 2346532525362356.jpg (29 KB, 305x314) Image search: [Google]
2346532525362356.jpg
29 KB, 305x314
>no foreskin
Fucking jews
>>
File: bruisers.png (101 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bruisers.png
101 KB, 1280x960
>>332940856
>bulletsponges enemies (yeah I totally remember that from doom (not))

So you skipped Ultimate Doom?
>>
>>332941090
>Nuh huh your wrong
Fuck off shill
>>
>>332941434
>Posting shit that you don't have any evidence to back up because you're a knee-jerk madfaggot
>Posting shit that is straight up either the opposite of reality or confirmed to be not true because you're mad
>>
>>332940856
I'll admit, I'm not one for the designs either, but they look a lot closer to the originals than the shit 3 pulled
What? How can your Field Of View even be low that makes absolutely no sense, and besides they've already stated multiple fucking times that the game is gonna be fast paced, for fucks sake they had to slow down the trailers just so it could be watchable
>bulletsponge
Stop this, I'm sick of this complaint, all you people do is complain that it's either "my god, it takes all my ammo to kill an enemy" or "Jesus Christ, it takes one meelee attack to kill an enemy"
Grow up, I'm not even going to focus that, I'm gonna jump straight to what I really meant when I said they were strong, did you see that trailer, the baron of hell kills you with one fucking hit
And I'm talking about SnapMap, which opens the game up to allow you to create your own variations, aka mods.
>>
>>332941725
Where's YOUR froof you fucking shillfaggot?
>>
File: 1434329680771.png (137 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1434329680771.png
137 KB, 466x492
>/v/ now literally defending this piece of shit
This place is fucking dead
DEAD
>>
>>332941950
There's a difference between calling people out on posting misinformation and defending a game.
>>
>>332935858
What game has a SDK released on its launch day? Is this a joke post?
>>
>>332942013
What misinformation?
The game is complete casual shit.
That's no misinformation at all.
>>
File: 1447306757189.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1447306757189.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>332940329
Doom 3 was actually bretty good.
>>
>>332941843
He didn't really make any assertions, so the burden of proof is on the salty-butt.
>>
>>332941950
Played the beta last night. There's no substance to it at all. It's literally Vortex Rifle/Sawn-off Combo. There's really no point in using anything else and all the armor looks like rejected Halo 4 designs. Levels are garbage asymmetrical CoD layouts. There's no variety in matches, it's just random bullshit. They should've modeled the multiplayer after like Quake 3 instead
>>
>>332942274
>They should've modeled the multiplayer after like Quake 3 instead
Yeah they should have made another arena shooter like so many people have done in the last few years but just end up dying because the people who like arena shooters just go back to playing Quake 3 and nothing else.
>>
File: PROOF.png (18 KB, 210x99) Image search: [Google]
PROOF.png
18 KB, 210x99
>>332941843
Here's your proof faggot.
Go learn how FOV works, everything else you're saying doesn't exist was revealed at E3. You ever thought about forming your own opinion outside of what /v/'s group of "Every new game sucks" faggots start screaming every time a new game's about to come out?
>>
>>332942274
I also played the demo
It didn't feel like I was playing doom but it didn't feel like I was playing halo either, it was just sorta there, being okay
>>
>>332942540
>Defending low FOV
>Doesn't show any actual proof
>Still thinks that E3 proves anything that'll be in the final product

How does it feel to be literally retarded?
>>
>>332942770
I'm not defending low FOV, but you were saying that "Low FOV makes it look like you're going fast" when the exact opposite is true and you'd know if you ever played anything above 90 horizontal. It pushes more of the image into your screen so it looks like everything is flying past, low FOV makes movement look slower. You're starting off your argument by being straight up retarded and expecting anybody to take you seriously, a LMAO to u fine sir.
>>
>>332942770
>low FOV
Will you guys stop saying this?
Damn it triggers me so much, you guys are talking about FOV like its Framerate, "high and low" it can't be high or low you dim shits, it's either big or small, unless you're referring to an actual vertical view in which high or low would actually then make sense, but you can't be, because no where in the trailers was a border shown blocking your view vertically
Besides, the size of your FOV won't effect your speed in anyway, illusion or not, unless DOOM '16 has some car mechanic with a speed meter In your FOV, but I sure didn't see that in the trailer
>>
>2 weapon limit

I dont like this
>>
>>332943039
>I'm not defending low FOV
Then shut the fuck up kid
>>
File: 20160331_035903.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160331_035903.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Preordered the xbox one version for release on 5/13, looks badass, can't wait! Got some special alien armor and what-not. Should fit 8n my gaming with Halo 5 and The Division nicely. Stay mad faggots.
>>
>>332935858
>No rocket jumping / plasma climbing
never was in doom, quakefags should be happy that the fucking LIGHTNING GUN made it in for some fucking reason

>Fixed FOV
>No demo's / replays
>Fixed max movement speed
>Visual clutter
was also in doom

>No SDK
>No forceskins
doom didnt have this at first either

so the people complaining about this never played doom and dont know it too was casualized garbage. great to know, already preordered doom 4 hope it does well
>>
Do you think the reason why Doomguy hasnt shown his face and covered his arms is because he's no trally the Doomguy?, is he someone else?
>>
>>332943616
He's John Stalvern.
>>
>>332943583
let me correct that, rocket jumping was in doom just not in the way it is in quake and wasn't near as useful
>>
>>332943764
>Doomguy takes off his helmet
>He becomes a zombie
>>
>>332943583
> Doom had no rocket jumping
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Rocket_jumping

> Doom had no demos/replays
http://doomedsda.us/

You're retarded.
>>
Why are you so sure it's shit? It's not even out yet
>>
>>332940856
theres like 1 or 2 people in this thread vehemently blasting doom trying to make it seem like its the popular impression. you petty crying faggots would find something to complain about no matter what. its like you were never actually looking forward to the game and open your mouths anyway
>>
>>332935858
>fixed fov

This is not true, you can change it with a comamnd line. for example - +set g_fov 90

>visual clutter
this is completely true. The game is slow as fuck yet it's hard to tell what's going on because there's just so much clutter on the screen

>positional sound is terrible
true

>no movement mechanics whatsoever
true, there's only double jump

>over the top recoil
didn't seem too big of a problem for me personally

>terrible mouse input
True, mouse accel is permanently on, can't turn it off at all

>footsteps next to impossible to hear
this is also true. It's ridicilous, but you barely make any sound when walking. Super shotgun is way to strong because of this, as it can 1shot people from close to meele range and its super easy to come close from behind

>fixed max movement speed
this is garbage, true

>no rocket jumping / plasma climbing
just fuc, my shit up

This is just halo multiplayer reskinned as doom. It's utter garbage and honestly, the lack of control customization is disgusting for a pc game
>>
>>332935858
You do realize not a single person who worked on the original 3 dooms are working on this one
>>
>>332943952
doom rocketjumping was restricted to horizontal axis unless an enemy was below them. you could not look down, it is not something you could use or even could use in most multiplayer games especially. doom isn't quake.

also you are correct there were demos that was a mistake. anything else you want to correct me on or were those two literally the only mistakes in the entire wall of text? you people are just looking for shit to cry about
>>
>>332944230
since when has there ever been footsteps in doom? doom 3?
>>
>>332944467
fucks just don't know how to look 360 at all times
>>
File: 1412852212303.png (584 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1412852212303.png
584 KB, 800x800
>make Generic FPS Shooter: 2016 Shooting Edition
>have the Doom IP lying around
>slap it onto the game you just made for instant marketability
WOOOOOOW
>>
>>332944230
>This is not true, you can change it with a comamnd line. for example - +set g_fov 90

wow, you dumb nigger, because everyone just knows that right from the beginning, right? Also hol' up, letme just input that into my ps4 ;^)

Fixed! Thanks brochacho! xD

dumbass
>>
File: canned-DOOM-4-screenshot-8.jpg (81 KB, 914x513) Image search: [Google]
canned-DOOM-4-screenshot-8.jpg
81 KB, 914x513
>>332944649
This isn't the canned Doom 4.
>>
>>332944725
>being this triggered

>>>/reddit/
>>>/neofag/
>>
but why they make it Halo? isn't Halo pretty much irrelevant and dead nowadays?
>>
>>332944725
It doesn't even work anyway, PC beta is locked out of all launch commands because the guys that got the Alpha were naughty and cracked it + started loading in content that wasn't supposed to be accessible.
>>
>>332939408

Precise
>>
I don't really care that it is not exactly like the old ones, playing the beta has been pretty fun.

Warpath seems lopsided, there isn't really much to do it, but 9 games out of 10 its a fucking slaughter.
>>
File: wakanaSakai.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wakanaSakai.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>>332944725
>letme just input that into my ps4
>doom
>console

rofl, you deserve to be cucked you worthless subhuman
>>
>>332944230
>This is not true, you can change it with a comamnd line. for example - +set g_fov 90

You could do that in alpha, but it doesn't work anymore. They locked everything down.
>>
>>332944725
How many games have had customizable fov in Console anyway? Like, two in the entire history of consoles? What did you expect?
>>
>>332945130
b-but ps4 is the greatest!!! it can handle 4k, it can handle a higher fov!!!!! stupid developers
>>
>>332945353
FOV isn't a matter of hardware. That's about as dumb a statement as the one where people tried saying the black bars in The Evil Within were to save framerate when they were literally just drawn on the screen and still rendered everything underneath them.
It's because console babs use shit control systems on a set-up that was meant for watching movies instead of gaming. Not a good reason to restrict it, but hey, the console babs won't notice.
>>
>>332943213
I like how everyone completely ignored you and kept saying it. /v/ at its finest, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>332945718
you dont know what you are talking about. consoles are specifically optimized to not draw anything you couldn't potentially see at any one time. if you can see more, you will load more. this is one of the optimizations also found on pc games as well. if you have ever seen the wireframe for games like wind waker, literally everything over a hill isn't even drawn
>>
>>332945718
Increased FOV does require more resources to render, though.
>>
>>332945919
They won't acknowledge me because they know I'm right, saying your FOV is low is like saying the TV's volume is too "small"
It's grammatically fucked and sounds incredibly stupid.
The only way it could make any sense is if DoomGuy's helmet covered the screen with borders on the top and bottom, but it doesn't, so using the statement makes no sense anyway.
I seriously don't understand what everyone's getting at by saying it in this thread, maybe they mean drawback, but that's not really an issue from what I saw, or perhaps they mean the actual limitations of the screen, but if that's the case then Jesus, what do they expect to be playing it on, a fucking projector screen?
>>
>>332946067
There's a "Safe frame" and not a lot of shit does excessive amounts of occlusion culling any more.

>>332946080
Marginally. Like, the decision to not add a bush to an area could do more.

>>332946471
Maybe because when they're saying "Low", they're talking about the value? It's around 75 horizontal. No need to sperg.
>>
File: doom prediction.png (154 KB, 772x612) Image search: [Google]
doom prediction.png
154 KB, 772x612
>>332935858
>>
>>332946627
>anon, not content with making shit up based on what's been seen already, takes it a step further and posts some shit they made up before it was even announced as a sort of admission of their making shit up addiction
>>
>>332942238
Not bfg
>>
>>332946471
It's more like saying the TV's volume is "low" instead of "quiet".
>>
Brutal Doom is the real sequel to DooM II engine wise anyway.
The only thing missing is a good collection of maps/
>>
>>332946820
Slow floaty Halo movement is confirmed.
Scripted events confirmed.
Almost no mod support confirmed.
Dubstep confirmed (Mick Gordon is composer).

Need I say more, shill?
>>
Why would you buy anything made by Bethesda?
>>
>>332935858
Fuck me square in the fucking anoos. I drove my ass to a gamestop to deposit ten bucks for this casual console friendly money grubbing piece of faggot nipple game all hyped cause "yo bethesda id finna come thru on that long time sequel shit and it gon be cash bwoy, new arena shooter gnna be the new quake bwoy". Oh how fucking wrong you were tyrone, yet another reskin of cod to get them twelvies draining their mummas credit card. If this is where the world is headed, then suck my chode till you get fucking aids prime minister cause im out.
>>
>>332947386
>I got a few things right in a scatterfire statement so I should my addiction to making shit up is justified! Huzzah!
>>
>>332941950
>>332942274
>>332942713
This new "doom" game is shit, and you guys know it.
>halo is a good game
Damn... this place it's truly dead or full of underage kids.
halo sucks and so this doom. That's why so much people hate "neo doom" games.
>>
>>332939408
This is exactly what happened with Splatoon
>>
>>332947546
Why are all you guys so completely illiterate if you're trying to play-up the claim of being fucking 40 or whatever age you think the Doom fanbase is?
>>
>>332941260
Boss fight's arent bullet sponge enemies, they're bosses
>>
>>332947546
I didn't say halo was a good game
I said "it didn't feel like Doom" doom being the good side of the scale and "but it didn't feel like halo either" halo being the bad side of the scale
The multiplayer beta just sorta felt like it was there, nothing good, nothing bad, it just sort of exists.
>>
>>332947789
Every single Baron is a bulletsponge and they appear in more than just e1m8. They're less annoying in Doom 2 with the SSG, but they're like walking doors in Ultimate Doom. Not that the claim that enemies are bulletsponges in Dumb 2016 isn't all just conjecture in the first place.
>>
>>332947701
ages from : 15 - 19 - 21 -29
just check the doom servers that still online today and ask a few people.

>>332947873
yeah i know, halo is an overrated game. I didn't like it.
>>
>>332948124
I legitimately haven't seen as much illiteracy on this site as the amount of it I've seen surrounding the people claiming that they were old enough to be playing videogames when Doom came out. That and overuse of ellipses.
>>
>>332947789
>barons
>boss fight
Only in that one instance, lad, they start showing up as regular enemies immediately after
>>
>>332948591
It was a great boss fight in the shareware version, m8.
>>
>>332948478
i used to play doom whit my brother and father when i was like 13 years old... that was a long time ago....
Team killing and pushing allies to death was the best.
>>
>>332935858
>It really looks like id have no idea what they're doing any more despite being the grandfathers of the scene
I hope you know that all those at id, who had any talent, left one-by-one after being assimilated into Bethesda because they're such a shitty company.
The team who made DOOM and DOOM II consisted of around 12 people, I think it was 16 for DOOM II
For DOOM III and Resurrection of Evil, it had about 2 people from former id, Carmak being the main brain on the engine
In any case, that's just stupid. I also think this DOOM was outsourced

Anyways, you're a dumb kid who probably doesn't know anything about id software so don't flaunt your ignorance so much
In any case, I'm not interested in this DOOM at all. I MIGHT pirate it if I do decide to try it out
>>
>>332948795
There's Tim Willits, he's creative director and has been a designer there since Quake.
That's about it, though.
>>
File: FoV Slider.png (51 KB, 616x496) Image search: [Google]
FoV Slider.png
51 KB, 616x496
>>
>>332937891
Didn't realize people had the eyes of a fish. Unless if you're trying to argue that 60 FoV is "natural"
>>
>>332939408
>/v/ is one person meme
>>
File: DOOM 2016.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
DOOM 2016.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>332935858
FAST NEVER EVER
>>
>>332940590
>enemies are crazy strong now
That's not a good thing, fuck nugget

DOOM Monster Philosophy shows a hierachy; zombies (deals max 15-45 damage) then imp (max 24) then demon (max 40) then higher demons (cacos, revenants etc - max 60)
If everything is a damage sponge and also kills the player in the same amount of hits, what's the point?
>>
>>332949436
It is if you're sitting several feet away from the lens through which you're experiencing the game :^)
120 horizontal isn't exactly natural, either.
>>332949526
>Having no reading comprehension meme
>>
>>332949106
Like I said, all those who had any talent have left.
>>
>>332949731

>yet another quake clone

looks fresh and interesting
>>
>>332940329
How come Brutal Doom isn't on here, it's pretty good. You can tone down the dumb blood splatters.
>>
File: 1458694814511.gif (144 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1458694814511.gif
144 KB, 180x180
Xboner here, the game is actually pretty fun. I want to hate it because it stands for the casualized industry, but it's way too entertaining.
>>
>>332949731
sauce ?
>>
>>332950007
Because Brutal DOOM is shit
I'm waiting for the purist bullshit comments that ensue; it's a shit mod, end of
>>
>>332949731
Rockets are way too fast. Takes all the prediction skill away.
>>
>>332949781
>120 horizontal isn't exactly natural, either.
It's more natural than constantly looking through a shitty telescope.

>Can't see someone a body length away who takes 4 steps to the left

COOL

Consoles are the antithesis to competitive multiplayer. Tunnel vision, gamepads, low FPS.
>>
>>332950251
Why
>>
>>332949893
Willits and Mcgee duo made some pretty good levels for Quake.
>>
>>332950251
Brutal Doom is the first time I felt excited for a Doom game ever since I played it for the first time.
It's perfect.
>>
>>332949772
I dunno, maybe the game is vastly mechanically different and relies on less enemies and tighter spaces? Maybe the fact that they all use Rage-like AI and movement and have mostly been confirmed to have more diverse attack patterns makes them more entertaining to fight than enemies that either slowly path to you or wander around aimlessly? Just a thought.
Not bashing Doom's roster, because they all interact well mechanically despite the AI being mostly braindead, but the current look of the singleplayer is still vastly better than what most realists were expecting a post Doom 3 Doom game to be.
>>
>>332942238
ZELDA CYCLE
E
L
D
A

C
Y
C
L
E
>>
>>332949254
>using master race
>believing him
>>
>>332950634
>The game isn't Doom and that's the best we could hope for

Is this the point you're making?
>>
>>332950553
It fucks off the balance of most decent maps to the point where it should probably have come with levels designed specifically for it. Shit enemies are inexplicably powerhouses and higher tier enemies are less threatening. The most dangerous thing is the Chaingunner, that shouldn't be how it works.
>>
>>332950553
>>332950630
ROCKETS
>>
File: 20160402141034_1.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160402141034_1.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
The beta's pretty fun and kind of barebones, but i'm still enjoying it to some degree.

I just hope they either add in a mode where everyone is perpetually haste-buffed (or just have a mode where everyone is generally faster) and a mode where there's no bullshit loadouts, you start with a rocket launcher and move up from there.
>>
>>332950837
It does come with levels designed for it. And a bunch of different difficulty levels.

>>332950949
No idea what you're getting at. Stop trying to meme and just say a sentence.
>>
>>332935858
its trying to be another COD but under the guise of being nostalgic. its a shame that kids will play it and think its what doom is about.
>>
>>332949968
>Yet another halo clone
>>332950096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxSkiC8EEY
>>
>>332935858
>Anti-hype "It's a shit port and as casual as you expected it to be" edition
Isn't it every thread here?
>>
Anyhow, I had DooM on the Saturn and on a 486 PC.
Brutal DooM is definitely THE DooM sequel I'd expect from ID.
>>
>>332950837
>Shit enemies are inexplicably powerhouses

This has always been the case in the original 2.5D doom games, the generic zombies are hitscan and are always the biggest threat. Every other enemy throws fireballs that you can dodge.
>>
I've never really played a Doom game that much before so this is my first proper experience. I'm playing on my Xbox One and I continually rek hard which tells me I'd probably be more suited to PC gaming but meh.

Who's mad?
>>
>>332944725
Why do you type like a 13 year old?
>>
>>332942238
No. Fuck off.

I genuinely can't believe this shit. How can this fucking board shit on Doom 4 so much, yet whenever that piece of shit 3 is mentioned, it gets bombarded with "IT WASN'T THAT BAD". Doom 3 is miles worse than anything the new game is shaping up to be.
>>
>>332951023
The shit everywhere is nonsensical
The balance is messed up, I'm not meming either
At one point, I believe it's patched now, it took 7 rockets to kill a Cyber Demon (by shooting its head)
Headshots are fine, some of the mechanics would be fine. But it doesn't mesh, it doesn't play well and it slows down a lot of the fun gameplay from DOOM

As another anon said, Chaingunners were already a bitch in more difficult maps, but Brutal Doom makes it even worse

While you can turn down some of the effects, there's just so much ugly clutter everywhere that it's still hard to see. Especially fireball smoke and blood flying everywhere.

You can enjoy it all you want, but it's just a poo mod and there are much better gameplay .pk3s out there
It just caters to a specific crowd and I am not one of those people, especially GO FUCK YOURSELF
>>
>>332944725
Consoles will never have the option to adjust FoV because consoles are shitty low-tier proprietary gaming PCs.
>>
Jesus Christ this thread.

All of you type like 13 year olds.
>>
>>332950835
The game isn't straight up Call of Duty like >>332944774 and could be more in line with one of the Quakes, Half-Life or similar in singleplayer, which would at least make it decent in the context of the current shit-show of new releases similarly to Wolfenstein.
The point I was trying to make was that the Classic Doom monster design philosophy isn't the be-all-end-all and only works with games that are a 1:1 clone of Classic Doom's level design, and differing from it doesn't automatically make something bad.
>>332951023
Years after it went in the direction that completely broke balance for 80% of the maps it was supposed to be played with.
>>332951241
There's at least a bit of time to react with the original enemies, open a monster closet with 2+ chaingunners or a cluster of zombiemen in it and you're immediately filled with holes on the UV equivalent, even in a map that designs its hitscan encounters well.
>>
>>332951561
Actually a lot of console games allow you to change the FOV, mostly FIrst person shooters at that
>>
>>332951231
What are you even trying to say?
Saturn is the worst port ever
Brutal DOOM is a mod and it wasn't even made by id
>>
File: Ss3boxart.png (1 MB, 875x1199) Image search: [Google]
Ss3boxart.png
1 MB, 875x1199
>mfw new doom is shit
>mfw tiny ass arenas
>mfw 2 weapons carry limit
>mfw no strafe jumping
>>
>>332950553
Because it became "you want to play Doom in the year 201X? Play it with Brutal Doom, that's the ONLY way to play it now!"
The problem with that is the balance is fucked compared to the vanilla game and it barely works with any maps that aren't specifically tailored for it.

Not to mention that the author pissed off the entire community with his egotism. His statement of "I'd like to see you do better" spawned Burl Tumd even, which is ironically a pretty good gameplay mod.
>>
>>332951486
Doom 3 wasn't trying to be the Doom we all know and love. It was a deeply different game. D4 on the other hand tries to be Doom. You try figuring who is who.
>>
>>332949731
i dont get these arena shooters. only ten people like of that genre. really if it dont have cover mechanics and iron sights its dead game on arrival and thats proofed time after time when they all were shutdown because people were not playing them.
>>
>>332951856
>Doom 3 wasn't trying to be the Doom we all know and love. It was a deeply different game
Then why call it Doom?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GeyoIjEaCo
>>
>>332951953
Because it was an anticipated sequel
>>
>>332950320
no it doesn't

>>332951895
warsow is a free open source videogame. it isn't competing for a market
>>
>>332951659
What's that supposed to mean, are we to type like this:
I bet this game will be bad, who's with me??? >:/
I hate this stupid generation, kids don't know what good games are, they think stuff like halo is good, well when I was a kid there was no halo!
>>look, look, he's posted it again, mum! XDDD
That better, anon?
>>
>>332951738
>Saturn is the worst port ever
No, not at all. You probably haven't played it so you don't know what you're talking about anyhow.
>>
>no weapon wheel
>no rocket jumping
>super monsta mode
>halo armor
>Unidirectional jumping

Still having fun though. Dat static rifle.
>>
I think I'd rek the PC community just as hard ;^)
>>
>>332951830
We talking about the same game here?
>>
>>332951520
>Brutal Doom makes chaingunners worse
They are sincerely nerfed from their vanilla counterparts.

>Bullets hurt a lot less(1-3 instead of 5-15, accuracy increased but you can actually dodge the bullets instead of it being hitscan)
>Head shots means they die quickly
>Drop assloads of bullets for one of the best weapons that pops heads ridiculously easy on everything AND gives lots of health because of cruelty bonuses

This is the only thing I'm disagreeing with here.
>>
>>332939408
I played the closed beta since the very first play test, it's shit
>>
>>332952052
Man, I did play it
Crappy framerate, worse than the PlayStation
No sector lighting, no transparency, less levels, less monsters
It was really bad, maybe not the worst but it was poor. I think 32x was the worst

Fuck you for saying I haven't played it, I was so hyped when I had it on Saturn only to be disappointed
>>
>>332951830
>>332952125
It's done to balance the game out
So people who just got the game can play against people who play it a lot and still have a fair match
>>
I got a PS4 beta key if someone wants
>>
>>332952041
That wasn't an instruction faggot, it was an observation. Everyone in this thread is fucking painful to read except for the one guy who actually knew what fov meant.
>>
>>332952221
In your opinion. I enjoy it
>>
>>332952130
>kills as demon
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that, how is it anon?
>>
>>332952307
It was like the best FPS on the SATURN right after Duke3D and Alien Trilogy. Even though Saturn had only like 5 fpses.
>>
>>332952130
why are all screenshots 25 to 75 in doom 4? how can one team be so fucking bad?
>>
>>332952347
>except for the one guy who knew what FoV mean
Oh wank off, you're probably the same queer who thinks sucking dick isn't gay
>>
File: 1459565624348.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1459565624348.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>332935858
the worst thing about this game

>the weapons feel weak as fuck to use

how could they fuck up something so simple?
>>
>>332952513
Just because it was the best on the Saturn it doesn't make it a good version of the game you braindead cockmongler
>>
>>332952513
>It was like the best FPS on the SATURN
That doesn't change anything he said about it, though.
>>
>>332952314
In MP, weapon limit is so controller users don't have to stop and fiddle with a radial menu.
>>
>>332952430
Very fun. Just wish we could experience another one instead of just the Revenant
>>
>>332952529
One decent player can tip the balance that hard. On PC, it's just enough like Quake to be easy for Quake players, and outlandish/confusing for people who have never played UT or Quake, so regular COD kids get shit on and they're the majority in the beta.
>>
>>332952594
>the weapons feel weak as fuck to use
maybe it's the multiplayer, nobody want to get distracted by too many visual and audio effect.
killing and getting killed is really fucking quick. once you get a clear shot on each other.
>>
>>332952624
>>332952621
still better than Doom 3 though
>>
>>332952529
>super weapon
>demon runes
>not muh tacticool shooter
90% of the people i play it dont even bother pickup health or armor.
>>
>>332953074
>nobody want to get distracted by too many visual and audio effect.

well they did a bad fucking job in that department
>>
>>332952594
I think the audio/visual side of it is fine outside of a few weapons, but the damage output doesn't line up with what you'd expect outside of the Gauss Cannon's 1hk. It could still be alright in singleplayer.
As much as people shit on glory kills, I think they'll be pretty satisfying as well.
>>
>>332935858
>Multiplayer
>relevant
Lmao its all about the single player and coop if it plays just like the original doom but with a few differences thats all that matters
And even if the original maps are shit we got map editor so shit will be pumped out hard
Only problem is the long term if we can mod it or not
>>
>>332953070
yeah but they also have shuffling
>>
>>332953383
I don't know why people keep complaining about those glory kills
They're completely optional, yet people are treating them like they're forced.
Besides I don't see how they can be bad in this game but okay in Brutal Doom
>>
>>332953090
Sorry but PlayStation DOOM is better than Saturn DOOM
>>
File: doom4.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom4.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
This game is gonna get me so much pussy and ass because it's the biggest casualfest I can buy. It shames and disappoints me that it's so casualized, but man am I ever going to be sore in the morning from all the babes that want to play fleshy gore sim 4.
>>
>>332953557
They're god-awful in Brutal Doom, the camera cuts to a shitty sprite edit doing something poorly animated and stupid every time you melee something. At least D44M doesn't force your perspective into 3rd person every time and, if the multiplayer is any indication, you take damage while doing them and have to actually set them up.
>>
>>332953557

I think glory kills are great. It's satisfying to kill someone with that and then humiliate them with a taunt
>>
>>332953843
still can't believe I chose Saturn over a PSX, PSX was even cheaper at the time.
>>
>>332953905
why would you record that? also use a lower resolution next time and higher kbps. there isn't any reason to be using only 1.8 megabtyes out of 3 megabytes as thats a big difference in quality

seems like all the videos out right now look like complete fucking garbage. and im not even talking about the game, i mean quality of the video. they all have artificacts like this shit
>>
>>332953908
It only does that execution thing if you have a berserker pack or a demon rune. I played the game on realism mode so even being able to melee everything to death in one or two swings wasn't worth the risk of eating a fireball that'll do like 60 damage even with armor.
>>
>>332954285
>they all have artificacts like this shit

Because they're all console shit blown up to 1920x1080 when it's probably something shitty like1440x900
>>
the mp is fun if you like modern warfare.

it's nothing like q3 unfortunately.

RIP id
>>
>>332949731
Is warsow even alive anymore?

Last I ever remember hearing about it was the steam greenlight.
>>
>>332953905
>PC Beta out
>Still posting clips from the alpha on console even though they're immediately distinguishable from clips using KBM

Everyone on PC is strafing around eachother/jumping like spastics every fight.
>>
>>332954927
>Rip id
>he thinks this shit won't sell
>>
File: doom4.webm (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
doom4.webm
3 MB, 1440x900
>>332954285
It's just supposed to show off the gameplay, no bitrate will hide that motion blur and those sticky graphic models.
>>
LOL @ the mouse lag... wtf is this.
>>
doom4.webm
3 MB, 1440x900
>>332953557
>glory kills
>>
>>332942238
Doom 3 was always an 'alright' 6-7/10.
It did jump-scares alright for 13-year old me.
PDA scavenging encouraged exploration for supplies.
Enemies looked nice and the lighting was top-notch if it wasn't so fucking DARK.
Add a mod to tape flashlights to all the guns and the game improves.
>>
Do you see in 1st person if you get melee executed?
>>
>>332956125
It's 3rd person, it kinda sucks but at the same time like 4 executions involve your head getting exploded.
>>
>>332942057

I'm gonna bait

fucking unreal
>>
Quake pro Noctis and speedrunner DraQu are streaming it now if anyone wants to see what it looks like from the perspective of someone who doesn't suck.

It's a completely one-sided stompfest though, obviously.
>>
>>332940329
can i get a torrent or something?
>>
>>332957284
too late; i've been watching DraQu's stream
>>
>BUT IT'S NOT DOOOOOOOOM [various baby noises]
Yeah, you're right, it's fucking better than a 3 decade old game
>>
>>332955937
separate torch makes the spookiness better because you're vulnerable, flashlight mod is for scared bitches
>>
>>332939408

Causals have bad taste and reviewers get paid off, more at 11.
>>
>>332952557
What?
>>
>>332957558
>Casuals
>Pro Q3 and Reflex players calling it fun
>DraQu playing it for close to 24 hours straight

Might be time to stop pretending like being jaded has anything to do with how good you are at videogames.
>>
>>332935858
Getting Doom for MP. Not even once.
>>
doom4.webm
3 MB, 1440x900
Anyone still enjoy the Halo 4-5 announcer?
>>
I'm worried it's going to be shit AND run like shit on a less than optimal computer.
>>
>>332957838

>implying random E-celebs can't be paid off.

This shit happened with BF3 and BF4, paying off random youtubers to give out rave reviews and say nothing bad for the first 3 months, when suddenly the floodgates opened about lag, shit netcode, balancing issues, and other shit.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to pay off a bunch of people to give off good reviews so it sells like hotcakes independent of it being good or not.
>>
>>332940590

Doom 3 came out more than ten years ago you retard
>>
>>332958357
Midrange AMD cards do fine because of raw compute, midrange nvidia cards will probably do fine after drivers.
>>332958818
They're streaming to about 200 people, Bethesda doesn't have anything to lose or gain through them saying the game is shit/good.
>>
> casual
I'm sorry, casual compared to what?
>>
>>332950008
>hates casualized industry
>has an xbone
pick a side you degenerate.
>>
>>332940329
Makes me sad that Romeros new map isn't in there, not angry. Just sad.
>>
>>332959692
Image is probably older than Romero's new map.
>>
>>332959789
Wouldn't really be that hard to just quickly add it.
>>
>>332935858
>Triple A shameless classic title rehash that reeks of mtdw and doritos is shit
>>
>>332959907
You do it.
>>
>>332935858
>expecting anything good to come out from betheshit

also, modern 'id' doesnt even have carmack, not that it matters
>>
>>332935858
Played the closed beta. It's pretty fun. A lot of options are greyed out at the moment so we don't know if the FOV will be fixed.

>>332936146
And we still don't have good Halo MP on PC. But it def. feels very different from Halo.
>>
>>332936146
Halo is dead, i think it was obvious long time ago when Halo 4 came out.
>>
>>332961030
Reach sucked, 4 sucked, but 5 is pretty good.
>>
>>332960661
I was 15 when Halo came out and still didn't play much of it because Quake 3, UT2k4, Skulltag were still available and had players around the time and I've never owned an Xbox.
Then again, I'm not one of the ones complaining about the Halo generation ;)
>>
>>332959115
doom 3
RoE xpac
Final Doom
Doom 2
Doom / Ulimate Doom
every other fps that exists

take your pick
>>
>>332961348
There's nothing more casual than a game that aims up and down for you.
>>
File: JohnRomermoupdate.jpg (2 MB, 1080x3459) Image search: [Google]
JohnRomermoupdate.jpg
2 MB, 1080x3459
>>332960241
>>
>>332961348
Those days are over, nigga. This the best you gettin. Savor it.
>>
>>332961563
There's already a newer version with Romero's map under historically notable shit bruh.
>>
>>332961662
And how am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>332961565
>those times are over
feel free to get fucked by Zenimax, dumbass consolefag.
>>
>>332939991
It's the ONLY Doom related official release of the last 10 years except BFG
>>
>>332961817
I've got a $800 graphics card, I don't even own a console.
>>
>>332961563
>HDOOM
>no zombies
>dead

Also, needs more melee-focused wads like GMOTA or Demonsteele.
>>
this looks _fun

considering my other options are csgo or call of duty, it doesn't look so bad

could do with some more advanced movement though
>>
>>332961473
at least Doom could easily have 20 enemies on screen at once.
>20 years later
>consoles can still barely manage 5 enemies on screen
>>
File: Doomguy in Gensokyo.webm (988 KB, 660x484) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy in Gensokyo.webm
988 KB, 660x484
>>332962004
Disregard the non-memetext. I didn't scroll down far enough.
>>
>>332962004
Dude edit it yourself, I don't even play Doom I just thought it was weird the community hadn't added Romero's new level.
>>
>>332962060
>my only options are csgo or cowadooty

thats some pretty shit taste in fps, underage
>>
>>332962092
Depends entirely on the game and what the devs' goals are. This whole "consoles can't do x" thing is retarded because there are countless examples of plenty of the things people always claim consoles can't do from various generations.
>>
>>332962220
?

cpma is dead unless i want to play on 300-400ms

qworld same

vq3 same

wsw same

eat a dick
>>
>>332962220
What do you play then?
We're talking about shit that actually has more than one full server at peak hours, fyi.
>>
>>332940590
>they brought the speed element back
LMFAO DUDE, GOOD ONE
>>
>>332941821
variations of their own stuff =/ mods
>>
>>332962318
>I'm a retard who cant use IRC
>>
>>332962324
>>332962318
>muh competitive fps

consolefags being cancerous as usual, how surprising
>>
>>332961348
I've been replaying doom 3 today, just reached teleport to hell and decided to do a pause.

And it feels slower than new game, judging by gameplay they've shown so far. Also what i hate about Doom 3 is how useless armor is.
Never played RoE, going to check it after i finish the original game.

But really i used to play Doom II using only a keyboard, no mouse, no strafing.

This new game reminds me of the first two more than doom 3 does.

>every other fps that exists
more casual then Bioshock Infinite?
>>
>>332962092
Classic Doom NEEDED 20 enemies on screen, they're so weak in small numbers that a group of 5 can be immediately locked down unless they're all baron-tier or higher (Manc, Arch, Arachno, Bosses) and it's easy to completely avoid the harder enemies' projectiles in small groups.
>>332962713
>I want to play nothing but Duel forever and ever until I'm dead
>>332962831
Go on, tell me what you play so I can shit on it.
>>
>>332962831
if you wanna pub hero there's zero options because all the good shit is dead

i don't care about muh esports.

>>332962713
>dueling forever with the 6 people left who actually play arena fps and are hal9000 tier gods

sure is fun
>>
>>332941821
variations arent mods.

just as using different skins in Left 4 Dead arent mods, despite your retarded as fuck opinion
>>
>>332962318
>australia is first world
>>
>>332962889
>>332963006
>b-but im shit at dueling
git gud
>>
>>332963037
whom are you quoting?
>>
>>332963006
>hurr the only good fps are the online fps durr

anon
just stop posting
>>
>>332963126
but i don't particularly feel like spending thousands of hours chasing pickups whenever i want to shoot at things.

>>332963183
tell me what you play then, oh wise one.
>>
>>332963037
Fuck u nigga I'll send Dox to your house he'll railgun your mom
>>332963126
I played CPMA/WSW duel, often against the best in the region. They stopped playing it too, wanna know why?
>>
>>332963542
>I played against the best in australia
wow
amazing
so good
>>
>>332951486

Its one of /v/ shitty flaws...just wait when Skyrim becomes a good game when the next Elder Scrolls shows up
>>
So does /v/ hate this because it's not quake?
I'm in the beta and it's pretty great
>>
>>332963973
I hate it because it's not Doom.
>>
>>332935858
Its gonna be a Hello 2.0, tamagochi version.
>>
>>332963762
And you've got what credentials, exactly?
>>
>>332964280
Wow dude you're so amazing you played against the best in australia can you sign my mousepad
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.