[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate hyperbolic doom and gloom threads but this game deserves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: Ce2Dw7OUAAEBju6.jpg (17 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
Ce2Dw7OUAAEBju6.jpg
17 KB, 600x335
I hate hyperbolic doom and gloom threads but this game deserves the TORtanic anti hype.

This piece of shit is worst than a musou, it has the worst battle system I've seen in any action game. For those who haven't played it, basically all you do is hold circle to attack and square to dodge while the game does everything for you and if you don't hold that button the game won't register your inputs. There is no other way to play this game effectively they don't want you to play fast or creatively.

This is casual to the next level it's not even a button masher it is a button holder because all you do is hold until the button brakes. Now picture your self holding buttons for 50 hours straight with absolutely no challenge at all.

This is fucking unacceptable, ten fucking years and they couldn't implement something better than a dumbed down version of the KH combat.

In conclusion that piece of shit of Tabata tricked all of us, will it sell 10 million? I hope not, I'll save my money for Persona 5 and hope Dragon Quest XI is localized.

FF is dead my friends.
>>
File: slowpoke_pokemon.gif (15 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.gif
15 KB, 275x300
Holy shit! Final fantasy has simplistic combat?
>>
>>332932534
Just saying it deserves such status doesn't mean it actually does.

It doesn't look as great as anticipated but it is nowhere near the levels of obvious disappointment that SWtOR had long before its release. SWTOR looks like a broken mess in every single trailer and leaked footage. Then release a broken mess and is still a broken mess to this very day.

FFXV is just bad framerates and dumbed down graphics. Not missing graphics terrible animations and broken gameplay.

The fuck did you expect from a game in development for 10 years?
>>
>>332932916
>turn based combat can't be complex
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>332933094
I wasn't expecting something this bad. I can't believe they will charge you 60 bucks for a game that looks unfinished.
>>
>>332933102
>lemme just greentext retarded shit instead of what you said

Only the final fantasy tactics series has any semblance of complexity.
>>
>>332933229
Even type-0 is better than FFXV and type-0 was dog shit. Like this is something I would expect from Kirby Epic Yarn or something like this, you simply can't die unless you're clinically retarded.
>>
>>332933202
Again. A demo isn't a full 100% representation of the final product.
Hasn't been that way for over 20 years now. You are lucky to get a fucking demo anymore.

Monster hunter demos are fucking garbage but the final product is amazing.

SE are known to release demos that are their own thing and being barely related to the final product. Such as Bravely Default/Second.

A game being in development hell for so long is bound to have a few problems. Duke Nukem for instance.
>>
>>332933636
>Monster hunter demos are fucking garbage

Not really.
>>
>>332933636
>Again. A demo isn't a full 100% representation of the final product.
No shit but this doesn't mean the battle system will be different at release, which is the main problem of this game, what we saw is what we will get.
>>
>>332933094

The combat in SWTOR is still a fucking mess, but at least there's actual input involved. I'm with OP this is n atrocity
>>
>>332933829
Forced tutorial.
Forced gathering.
One or two actual monster fights after the Tutorial and gathering.
Most newcomers drop the demo at the gathering part.
I should know. I tried getting about 8 people interested in the fucking game with the demos and they just can't stomach the fucking tutorial and gathering.
>>
>>332933973
People said the same thing about the previous demo.
>>
>>332932534
>For those who haven't played it, basically all you do is hold circle to attack and square to dodge while the game does everything for you and if you don't hold that button the game won't register your inputs.
>what are directional inputs, magic, weapon switching and perfect dodging
Sure it's not amazing but there's more to it than just holding circle, the demo just does a shitty job of explaining things and the only thing you get to really fight is a single enemy that's big and slow. You might as well say MGR is just about mashing buttons and Zandatsuing every enemy in the game or that Dark Souls is easy because you can just put all your points into INT or a Pyromancy Flame and break the game with magic. Sure it's possible but it's just gimping yourself to say the game is worse than it is.
>>
>>332934110
>but at least there's actual input involved

I would rather watch a pretty movie than mash buttons looking at autistic shit.
>>
>>332934227
So, you're proving my point then, holding buttons will stay as it is.
>>
>>332934141
No idea which demo you're talking about, but the tri ultimate and 4 ultimate demos were tute and gather free.
>>
File: 1442709888798.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1442709888798.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
>>332933352
>you simply can't die unless you're clinically retarded.
Are you serious? Do you think that HP will magically refill every time it reach 0
>>
>>332932534
I asked "what is this game" in one of the generals and a bunch of retards went full autism and lost their shit. I get its a final fantasy and I get it's an action combat, but what is it seriously, nobody can tell, because everyone is hyped the fuck out, but all SE keeps showing is a bunch of leatherbound emo kids going gay camping with their Coleman™ gear.
>>
>>332933636

How can you be so fucking naive? That's like saying open betas in 2016 are not 100% representative of games, when really they are.
>>
>>332934306
You can't I played the demo three times to see if I could play it faster but like I said you at least need to hold square or circle for a couple of seconds for the game to register your input, it forces you to hold it that's why I'm so pissed.

Perhaps it is intended to be like this because the game would brake if you play it like souls or dragon's dogma.

>>332934456
If you get hit in FFXV you 're clinically retarded.
>>
>>332933636
>A demo isn't a full 100% representation of the final product.
Well it should be if the game is releasing in 6 months.
>>
>>332933352
>you simply can't die unless you're clinically retarded.

What part of DEMO you didn't understand
>>
>>332932534
The demo was piss easy, but so is the beginning of most ARPGs. You can tell even with the four weapons they give you that combat could get pretty complex if they keep adding more, and obviously the actual enemy patterns will get tougher and the damage they do will increase as the game goes on. I'm guessing there will be a difficulty selection as well, and that in the demo it was on normal at the highest.
>>
>>332934683
Yes anon, FF XV will be an overhead strategy game.
>>
>>332934516
A lot of people are pissed about this so don't worry
>>
>>332934571

Ooohh 3 times, stand back, we have an expert here
>>
>>332933636
Reasonable argument.

But shouldn't a demo be SOME representation of the final product?

They've been making this game for ten years, and every year it became less simplified, less final fantasy, less story, and more Gucci® Jackets. Coleman© camping gear, and Audi™ cars.
>>
>>332934869
The game will do everything for you in the early game and the late game that's the fucking problem. Even if you have a fucking badass boss fight with 999999hp if all it takes is hold square to auto-dodge there is no way you will lose.

This shit is pay to win on steroids.
>>
>>332934854
>b-but it is a Demo.
Typical.
>>
>>332935008
>less story
Come on, whether it turns out good or not it's pretty obvious if there's one thing they're focusing on it's story.
>>
>>332934869
>I'm guessing there will be a difficulty selection as well, and that in the demo it was on normal at the highest.
Tabata talked about having different gameplay modes for casual and hardcore players in an ATR a while back, but they haven't really brought that up much since then which rather worries me.

>>332935008
>every year it became less simplified, less final fantasy, less story, and more Gucci® Jackets. Coleman© camping gear, and Audi™ cars.
What? "Less final fantasy" doesn't mean shit.

>>332935178
>if all it takes is hold square to auto-dodge there is no way you will lose.
That doesn't work for everything. There are some attacks you can't block like that and you still have to manage MP.
>>
>>332935279

Yes it is, the argument of not being able to die in a demo is simply retarded
>>
>>332934869
>if they keep adding more,
>enemy patterns will get tougher
>damage they do will increase
>there will be a difficulty selection
>demo was on normal at the highest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-7Z9x3N8

Eagerly awaiting /gg

Yours truly, Anonymous.
>>
>>332935404
Yeah but if you are in front of the attack the game will grant you a parry by doing absolutely nothing.

The combat is garbage lets just accept that already.
>>
>>332935404
>What? "Less final fantasy" doesn't mean shit.
> and more Gucci® Jackets. Coleman© camping gear, and Audi™ cars.

Reading a whole sentence does wonders for context.

Maybe you should Shill out bro.
>>
>>332935178
That runs out in like 30 seconds. You could just keep running away and refilling it like a fucking scrub, and even then you'd probably die a bunch of times trying to get away, or you could play the right way and actually have fun. It kind of reminds me of the auto combos they've started putting in some fighting games. Nice for casuals, but anyone who actually gives a shit just ignores them.
>>
File: epsxe-2009-05-08-13-33-09-56.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
epsxe-2009-05-08-13-33-09-56.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>332935515
>Yeah but if you are in front of the attack the game will grant you a parry by doing absolutely nothing.
So like almost every other game with a blocking mechanic that involves holding a button down?

>>332935642
Oh no, barely noticeable product placements, the game is ruined.
>>
>>332935513
>>if they keep adding more,
If there's no more than what's the point of selecting them from that menu that's big enough for a long list?
>>enemy patterns will get tougher
>>damage they do will increase
>>there will be a difficulty selection
Yes, these things are in literally every ARPG ever. Sqare Enix is stupid but they're not that stupid.
>>demo was on normal at the highest.
What, you think they would have put it any higher?
>>
>>332936096
>Oh no, barely noticeable product placements
>Logos show up in literally every scene.
>Barely noticeable product placement.

How much does SE pay you to push this piece of shit game?
>>
>>332936108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-7Z9x3N8
>>
File: 1459128166982.jpg (181 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459128166982.jpg
181 KB, 900x675
>>332936186
>>Logos show up in literally every scene.
[citation needed]
>How much does SE pay you to push this piece of shit game?
>if you disagree with me you're a shill
>>
>>332936304
>I-I-I'm n-not a s-shill
>J-just buy t-the game
>P-product p-placement i-isn't even noticeable goym
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AqC5qixLY
>>
There's nothing wrong with modern games. The problem is modern gamers are utterly retarded. You need someone to hold your hand for everything. A tutorial for everything possible instead of figuring shit out for yourself. There's been two demo so far. If you haven't figured out the nuances of the battle system yet, you're a retard and maybe this game isn't for you.
>>
>>332936685
I only know the most recent demo. I'm sure I'm not the only one who they expect to play the game for the first time from this "Platinum" demo.
They should have made it a better first impression.
>>
>>332936685
>There's nothing wrong with modern games. The problem is modern gamers are utterly retarded. You need someone to hold your hand for everything.
Just because the end justifies the means, doesn't mean that the means are acceptable.

The modern gamers made the games this way, but the games ARE this way, regardless of the gamer. So yes, the games are the problem.

As well as companies that make them. Look at souls series, regardless of if you find them easy or hard, and regardless of the few complaining about shit, the games came out old-school. basic little area to get you a feel for the mechanics, and then you're let loose to find your own solutions, and the reason it became so big is because people were starved for it.

But these days companies are so scared that you won't find every room, or get the hang of the mechanics instantly, that they handhold you for everything and treat you like an idiot. So you might blame the gamers or the companies, but the fault doesn't matter the end result is this shit regardless.
>>
File: 1459128280952.png (384 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1459128280952.png
384 KB, 526x526
>>332936663
>stuttering
>calling me a shill just because I think this game doesn't look like irredeemable shit
I mean if the Regalia was an Audi like the one in the movie or if you got an airship with a big fat Boeing logo on it that would be weird, but I seriously forgot about the Coleman thing after a few months since you can barely see the logos anyway.
>>
>>332937190
>Shilling this hard.
>>
>>332932534
I honestly think that they could solve amost half ofthe problems withthe combat if they fix the framerate.

But apparently that ain't gonna happen since it is on consoles and for some mysterious reason this new demo runs worse than the Episode Duscae demo.
>>
>>332937546
>for some mysterious reason this new demo runs worse than the Episode Duscae demo.
I think it's because they've improved the engine but it's not entirely optimized yet.
>>
>Audi cars
>Coleman camping gear
>Mountain Dew potions
>McDonalds rest stops
>Boeing airship
>Bear Grylls Survival gear
>Smith and Wesson firearms
>Doritos stamina boosters
>>
>>332932534
Stand alone spin-off that's going to be free apparently is the worst thing to ever grace Final Fantasy huh OP
>>
>Paid cosmetic DLC confirmed day one

Just burn it down
>>
>>332937546
I don't know, I don't think framerate is the full, or even half the story. I'm sure poor framepacing plays into this, but compare it to the N64 Zelda games which ran at 20 fps. Even in those games with that framerate, when you pressed a button to make Link roll, Link would roll. As opposed to this demo, where it feels like half your inputs are dropped or there's a perceptible delay and it makes people think they have to double tap.
>>
>>332937704
>I think it's because they've improved the engine but it's not entirely optimized yet.

Improved in what way? I don't think this new demo looks any better than Duscae. Not to mention that the playable area in this demo is much smaller and there's less stuff happening than Duscae, and yet this shit manages to run worse.

>>332938336
>I'm sure poor framepacing plays into this, but compare it to the N64 Zelda games which ran at 20 fps. Even in those games with that framerate, when you pressed a button to make Link roll, Link would roll.

That's a good point. Maybe the animations are just bad or something? I have no idea how a they managed to create an action combat that's worse than a Kingdom Hearts 1, a 14 year old game (that was also made by them).
>>
File: cx9q8r0idazskwhrboxt.jpg (31 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
cx9q8r0idazskwhrboxt.jpg
31 KB, 800x450
>>332938193
What's the matter friendo? Do you not want Gucci® outfits for making your friends look fabulous in their custom Audi™ car while they're driving on a camping trip so they can use their brand new Coleman© Camping set, including but not limited to Coleman© Easy-unfold Camping tent. Coleman© Folding fishing chair. and Coleman© grill burner that they can use to warm up their officially sponsored McDonalds© meals?
>>
I thought it was ok with the fight at the end, when you get a bit more mobility and abilities to use I think it'll be fine.
>>
Platinum Demo was a tech demo showcasing the engine capabilities (see shit like the switches that make time move fast and change weather) that they rrepurposed into a commercial demo. If you played Episode Duscae you know that the actual game's combat is not "hold O to attack hold Square to block". That along with the huge performance issues.

Platinum Demo was a huge mistake to release to the public, but I don't think it's indicative to the actual game.
>>
>>332933102
Turn based combat can be complex dumbass. That doesn't mean ALL turn based combat actually IS complex. FF combat is basic as fuck.
>>
>>332934516
You are the prince of a nation.
You leave your home to travel to you betrothed's home.
You travel with your butler, bodyguard and blond plebe friend.
While gone(or before you go and its why you leave, not 100% sure) you home is attacked.
Bad guys try and find you while you on on your roadtrip to your betrothed's.
>>
Could be worse. It could have The Last Story combat.
>>
>demo made people less interested in the game
kek
>>
>>332940702
If it focused on combat instead of being a glorified tech demo maybe that wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>332940702
It truly is impressive to me that they released a demo that runs worse and plays worse than their lat couple of demos, and then at the end they ask if you want to buy the full game or not.

SE really thinks that FF will sell, no matter how bad it is.
>>
File: 1459130169652.jpg (120 KB, 650x458) Image search: [Google]
1459130169652.jpg
120 KB, 650x458
Square has put out solid demos before (Bushido Blade) there is no excuse for this trash.

How come Xrd has a great demo and FFXV sucks dick? How come I can enjoy alphas and betas for games, but even though FFXV is only months away it's still ass?
>>
>>332940898
People keep saying it needs like 100 million sales.
The game is crammed full of big named merchandise like Coleman and shit.
They pretty much payed off alot of that shit with brand names in game.
>>
>>332941047
>but even though FFXV is only months away it's still ass?

The hope is that they will, somehow, magically fix all this shit until September.

But usually when a game has a shit demo/beta the final product also turns out to be shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>332938193
>cosmetic microtransactions for a $60 offline game

Activision needs to step up their Jew game. Bobby-san is slacking.
>>
>>332932534
After waiting 10 years, with much hope, i am expecting to be greatly disappointed
>>
>>332933636
>A demo isn't a full 100% representation of the final product.
Thats sort of what a demo is, a representation of the final product
The combat isn't going to change
>>
>>332932534
>For those who haven't played it, basically all you do is hold circle to attack and square to dodge while the game does everything for you and if you don't hold that button the game won't register your inputs. There is no other way to play this game effectively they don't want you to play fast or creatively.

Sounds like you didn't play the demo.
>>
If you thought the demo was boring, get the secret weapons. Ridiculously boring and easy, but FLASHIER LOL!
>>
It looks much better than XBX in almost every single way.

God why XBX was so shit, the content in that game was worse than in a fucking F2P korean MMO
>>
>>332941828
I'm sure he didn't. Now post your pasta next, in response to this post please.
>>
>>332942069
>Now post your pasta next, in response to this post please.

But I don't have Alfredo :(
>>
File: 1428638819278.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1428638819278.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>332934571
>you can't die!
>someone calls you out on bullshitting and being uneducated
>y-yeah well you have to be clinically retarded to die!
>>
>>332934327
You're an idiot. Between the two demos we played, the combat has varied. They changed it drastically and seeing the reaction from people in this one they most likely will again they have months before it's released. Besides it's more about timing than strategy in this one so it's not all that bad. But of course this is v where everyone hates games and finds every possible excuse to trash it.
>>
>>332941047
I'm not getting my hopes up too much but I feel like this was just missing a lot of gameplay related stuff since for some reason the only thing you can actually fight is a single big and slow enemy without your other party members in a small flat area. Even then I didn't think it was terrible, just okay but sorely lacking.
>>
>>332941991
Yeah, nah, sorry, but nah. I'd take even the original Xenoblade's combat to this shit.
>>
>>332932534
I won't say ITS A DEMO! But all we did was fight literal lv1 monsters, and in episode duscae they were just a little bit above that, some attacks you can't dodge, some other enemies are strong against certain types of weapons or attacks, also in either demo we got to use magic or buffs/debuffs.
>>
>>332943303
I don't really get the "some attacks you can't dodge" thing. How do you know which attacks can't be dodged? In the demo it was just the big slow ones, but is that always going to be the case? It's like the game is missing the MGR eye flash to let you know what your options are.

Also if you can't dodge, what are you supposed to do? The dodge roll wouldn't ever get me far enough away not to get hit.
>>
>>332943303
Did you miss the button that spawns a lvl 15 golem that "kills" you in 3 hits?
>>
>>332932534
>this game deserves the TORtanic anti hype
The anti-hype only exists here sperglord
>>
I know this is a XV thread but just wondering if i should get the X/X-2 Hd collection on vita or ps4
>>
>>332943656
I guess through trial and error, for example the goblins that appeared at night grabbed you if you were in the way of the attack or robbed your potions and used them right in front of you, also you can teleport away from them for those attacks or in some cases counter them. MP drains a lot that way though, that's why I'm saying it might be a little bit more complicated fighting certain high level mobs, all we know right now is that lv10 and below monster are easy to fight and are spammable, just like in every other game
>>
>>332944148
>>332943704
>>
This demo fixed most of my problems with the combat in Duscae. The two most important things they changed are the health system and the dodge. In Duscae you wouldn't lose any health until you were staggered which made the game way too easy, and the only form of dodging was auto dodging which just feels bad. They were both horrible so I'm glad they fixed those. I also appreciate that you can pick your weapons now. People are calling Platinum simple, but in Duscae your weapons changed automatically during combos which was even worse. Then there's the targeting system, which was just fucking retarded before. I'm glad they changed it to just a normal lock on.
What happened to techniques though? I hope they're not just gone in favor of the weapon changing. Is magic replacing it? If so why is it consumable instead of only being mp based?
>>
>>332944886
Techniques are directional attacks now, the Broadsword does the Tempest move if you attack and press down on the stick.
>>
>>332945162
What about the other weapons?

I know the shield has a bash thing if you press attack then pause then hold attack, like the greatsword has that big hit that lets you take hits while it charges.

The warp sword thing showed me an attack prompt after I pressed attack and paused but I never seemed to do a technique when I attacked again.
I thought I started one once, I thought I saw orange sparks similar to the shields bash but I got hit so I don't know if I was actually about to do anything.
>>
>>332940413
That's the premise.

But what the fuck is the game.
>>
>>332946594
What do you mean, you know the premise, you know the series, you know the mechanics.
I feel like you should know what the game is from that info.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.