[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No sense of discovery because everything in the game has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 20
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>No sense of discovery because everything in the game has already been done a thousand times.
>There will be no cool threads on /v/ where Anons talk about what they found and speculate about it because a fuckton of people have already seen everything.
>Speedrunners already clearing it in under 2 hours.
>Spoilers everywhere on the web and even in their trailers.
>PvP elitists already figuring out the most broken builds with which they will invade new players on launch.
>STILL 10 days until it's actually out.

>>
Bamco is literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>332929270
They should have just done a simultaneous release, it's not like the game isn't actually more or less ready given it's already in English on the Xbone. It's not like a month is a lot of time in terms of game development.
>>
>>332929523

Wouldn't be surprised if this affects sales. I mean, I'll still buy it but I can imagine that a lot of people who aren't too invested in the series just watched it on youtube/twitch by now and don't give a fuck anymore. Twitch viewership already went from 50k to 5k.
>>
>>332929718
The game literally was ready day 1. They have no excuse.
>>
Yeah, it's a fucking joke.

>lol u guise chill out the game isnt even ready yet we need more time ^-^ be sure to preorder
>Game is fully available in english on Xbone.
>yeah lol but we need some more time for the PC version and it wouldnt be fair to give it to the ps4 player first k xD
>"Hey I have a youtube account, can I have the PC version?"
>oh yeah lol here you go :DD
>>
>>332930621
You're forgetting that the game has been out for almost a month in Japan.
That means the game is content and patch complete for release. And we already know the English patch is complete too.
>>
>>332929523
Isn't From through with Bamco after this game? Didn't they get bought by another company?
>>
>>332931212
No?
>>
>>332931212
Well they usually self distribute in Japan but recently they signed a three game contract with Sony that included Bloodborne. They didn't get purchased though, the only change in management is that all the games started before Miyazaki was president are finished now.
>>
>>332929718
That's what everyone is complaining about.
Bamco said, nah fuck it, release it in the west during Q2, we'll just give out a bunch of copies to steamer fuckbois in the guise of "building hype"
>>
Bloodborne first weeks were great because the game was released even before it was released in Japan.
I still remember the ayy lmao threads.
>>
I couldn't possibly be less angry about how Namco handled this release.
>>
I've just accepted that it's impossible to avoid spoilers of some kind. It's gonna happen. But as long as you make some sort of attempt to avoid them, and just play the game by yourself instead of sifting information from /v/ and the internet, I'm sure it will be a decent experience and I'm sure you WILL feel like you're discovering new things.
>>
>>332933936
*more angry
less means you're cool with it.
>>
>>332934086
That feeling was 100% more potent when the game was new. Not to mention how much fun the online play is before cancer takes hold of the meta.

>>332934163
No. I couldn't possibly be LESS angry. I am so angry that the idea of being less angry is impossible
>>
>Bamco taking down streams
>begs streamers with eng Pc version to hold content
>NDA says they can release April 2nd
>Fuck you Bamco you done fucked up
>>
Haven't been spoiled cause im not a retard and havent read/looked at anything, im gonna ignore this thread after I post it. gg scrubs.
>>
>>332934245
I'm not a purist. I don't care if I get a couple spoilers. As long as I don't know exactly where to go and what to do on my first playthrough, I'm ok.
>>
>>332934245
But the way the phrase goes, if you couldn't be LESS angry, it means you're already so chill that it's impossible to be chiller.
>>
>>332934356
>As long as I don't know exactly where to go and what to do on my first playthrough, I'm ok
Clearly you're a pleb who hasn't experienced a Souls game during the precious initial 7 day window when the game's meta is completely un-formed and people don't even know about all the secrets and mechanics.

In the first week of DaS2, many people still hadn't figured out to burn the windmill at Earthen Peak. Now, if there's something similar in DaS3, I can expect dozens of soapstone messages and for co-op allies to either do it for me or forcibly show me it.
>>
>>332929798
Day 1 pirate, buy inevitable complete edition on steam for $10 on a sale.
>>
>>332929270

Yes, because every single person who is looking forward to this game looked up and has already seen literally everything the game has to offer.

Is self control really that uncommon these days? What a shame.
>>
>>332929270
dont look at the spoilers then
>>
>>332934727
THE GAME IS HEAVILY MULTIPLAYER AND ONLINE CONNECTED. IT LITERALLY FUCKING MATTERS THAT OTHER PEOPLE KNOW STUFF.
>>
>>332934553
I played dark souls 1, dark souls 2, and bloodborne all blind, I'm not exactly a pleb.

If there's a windmill type thing in dks3, then it's just gonna be expected that there will be a million messages telling you what to do, because of the popularity of the series has led to tons of people playing. One of the best things about dark souls 1 was that the series hadn't become a clear A+ title at that point, so it was far easier to avoid spoilers and info in that game than it was in dks2 or dks3.

This is just what happens when a series becomes as popular as dark souls, and that's why i'm not a purist.
>>
>>332934889

It really doesn't.
>>
I still haven't been spoiled
>>
>>332934980
>This is just what happens when a series becomes as popular as dark souls
No. This is what happens when a retarded publisher makes financially motivated decisions at the cost of fans.

>>332935006
Yes. It does. It REALLY matters.
>>
File: 1415386359778.jpg (5 KB, 213x144) Image search: [Google]
1415386359778.jpg
5 KB, 213x144
>>332929270
why...
>>
If you are on the net on websites that you know will spoil things, it is completely your fault.

Unless you literally turn your pc/laptop/spacephone/faggot tablet and your desktop or background changes to loads of spoilers, you are at fault for opening yourself up to said spoilers, if you even find any.

It is 100% your fault nowadays if you are spoiled by something on the internet that is brand new.

Almost 2 decades ago, fine, you had to work a bit for spoilers.

Now though, it's your fault. Plain and simple.
>>
>>332935024
The final boss is a patches and lautrec tag team
>>
So....should I buy it?
>>
>>332935024
The final boss nukes your son
>>
>>332935024
final boss is the furtive pygmy (solaire) and ending is you becoming a primordial serpent
>>
>>332935086

Why? Because vague messages on the ground? Because your mute co-op partner can point at stuff? Because some invader may be better than you?

It really doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>332935424
>Why? Because vague messages on the ground?
Because legions of people who have watched the entire game on youtube knowing everything.
>Because your mute co-op partner can point at stuff?
It's possible they can even do it for me. That's how it was in Bloodborne, invaders and allies could actually pull levers and change things within your game world without your consent.
>Because your mute co-op partner can point at stuff?
No, because the invader will already be a full meta-game cancer build instead of something fun and original like we used to be able to expect from a fresh Souls game.
>>
>>332935424
>Invader has weeks head start on setting up builds and finding out all of game secrets
>"Better"

Completely unacceptable
>>
>>332934553
>I don't want to be spoiled
So play offline.
>I want to play when everyone discovers stuff together
Then you do want to be spoiled and know about secrets other people found.
I'm not saying being spoiled is bad. My first DS1 playthrough I didn't find the first merchant and in retrospect I wish that part had been spoiled for me.
>>
>>332929270
Why would you even go on /v/ when you don't want the game spoiled?
>>
>>332935794
>So play offline.
That's a gimped experience. I shouldn't have to gimp myself just because Namco are assholes.
>Then you do want to be spoiled and know about secrets other people found.
No, I just don't want other people to have extensive knowledge.
>>
>>332935148
>I think you should have to completely cold turkey off sites, services and internet social situations you regularly visit and experience for over 2 weeks.

Yes it is completely the readers fault for being exposed to random spoilers little shits post in things they use to enjoyably pass the time.
>>
So the whole game is just a "ruined" version of Lordran? There aren't any new areas?
>>
>>332935970

So you just have some strange inferiority complex? You can just say so, no one here really cares.
>>
>>332929523
This is one of the more retarded business strategies I've ever seen
>>
Not even gonna pirate it, game is probally boring and from did some stupud garbage with it and they already sold out to be AAA tier assholes with preorder garbage and "hype"
Also spent money that could have go into the game itself in a trashy mobile game.
Dark souls is dead.
>>
>>332936181
>So you just have some strange inferiority complex?
No, I just want my game to have legitimate secrets within it to discover. That's the magical thing about a brand new Souls game. There's real actual secrets that nobody else has discovered. The fact that others have completely and thoroughly explored the game by now completely spoils that.

But, I guess Namco doesn't give a single fuck about that.
>>
>>332936181
Jesus man you're misunderstanding what he's saying.
Souls games are pretty unique on launch because during that initial launch window no one really knows what they're doing.
That's what he wants but Namco made it impossible now. They actually intentionally lowered the experience for American players.
God these Jap companies have no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>332936368
>>332936378

Well, you can either discover everything with the streamers and still have that discussion with a group, or you can discover everything on your own. I don't see why not having both at once is such a big deal.

You want everything to be a mystery, but you want to discover it all with other people? Then just find other people who haven't spoiled the game for themselves and play with them when it comes out. Other people knowing more than you before you do isn't going to hurt anything.
>>
>>332937815
>Well, you can either discover everything with the streamers
Are you fucking kidding me? If it's being streamed, I'm not discovering shit.
>You want everything to be a mystery, but you want to discover it all with other people?
No. I just want it to be a mystery. The fact that other people have solved the mystery basically invalidates it.
>>
>>332937815
theres nothing to discover anymore, basically everything is known about it now.
>>
>>332937815
>Other people knowing more than you before you do isn't going to hurt anything.
YES. IT. IS.

They will show you secrets, lay soapstone messages and fuck you in the ass in pvp. The knowledge Bamco has allowed part of the community to gain ahead of time has fucking poisoned the best time in a Souls game's meta.
>>
File: 1435666678734.jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1435666678734.jpg
130 KB, 640x480
>>332937815
>Then just find other people who haven't spoiled the game for themselves and play with them when it comes out
This shit is usually discussed on 4chan. Now we'll have people watch the streams and conclude stuff for themselves, playing it on yourself to discover it is not only a waste of time but utterly fucking pontless since you're getting old news.

They're crippling their product that relies a lot on player discovery and experience. People test and play builds and are surprised by bosses, now the wiki lists like fucking every boss. There's not going to be too much left to discover when this is being streamed constantly.

dead meta is dead
>>
File: bitches.jpg (143 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
bitches.jpg
143 KB, 500x475
>>332938015
>>332938087
>>332938094
>>332938185

>being this mad that you deliberately went out of your way to spoil the game for yourselves

what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>332938328
Reading is hard isn't it anon
you couldn't miss the point harder if you tried
>>
>>332938328
im not mad you cuck, im merely pointing out what you failed to understand. besides, the only thing ive been spoiled on is boss names, and i dont give a shit about that.
>>
Streamers and youtubers are scum of the earth. There was absolutely no reason to hand them out copies of the game.
JP first release is fine, at least you have to know the language to understand stuff. Also much less people can spoil stuff for you.
Now what we get is some cunt and his fanboy club already figuring out everything there is to know about the game. No more discussions or theory crafting is needed because when the game is out and you're stuck you'll just get a straight answer instead of guesses between anons.

there are few exceptions and now we know who is who
>>
>>332929270
and all this in 10 days by couple of chinks. damn they're fast.

seriously OP, kill yourself.
>>
If "everything" has already been spoiled by the few people streaming, then what the fuck kind of lasting sense of discovery were you expecting from a simultaneous release? Oh no, that one fucking week where people don't know everything already is lost forever.
>>
>>332938696
>There was absolutely no reason to hand them out copies of the game.
Many people just done xbox language trick.
And it isn't only English, DS3 fully localized for all territories, just not released yet.
>>
>>332939069
Still, they gave them legit PC copies too.
>>
>>332938328
I'm not mad nor am I fucking buying DS3. Actually read the replies to your post you fucking meme'r.
>>
>tfw I've remained unspoiled by ignoring ecelebs and spoilers
>only know what like three of the bosses look like and what the covenants are

I'm still hype for next Tuesday
>>
I'm at ng+4 already

It's good but not THAT good.

PVP is already a shitfest. People are already working on cheatengine scripts and tables, so prepare for day 1 instacurse 1 hit kills and worse
>>
>>332938328
Bamco shill gtfo
>>
>>332939481

>I've played through the game 4 times
>But it's not good guys
>>
I've been watching streams and videos since they started showing up and I'm more hyped than I was before them.
Stop being mad a few people get to play with your toys before you.
>>
>>332939428
>only

I just saw some weapon movesets and the first 2 bosses from the first 1 hour previews.
>>
>>332929270
You could, I dunno, not absorb everything being put out there. I've watched one trailer. That's it. Get off Twitch if you want surprises, retard. And fuck your millennial sense of community. Nobody gives a shit.

I won't be here to respond because I know you children just want to spoil things for people like me.
>>
>>332934245
If anger has a range of 1 to 10, 10 being angriest, and you're at 10, then you CAN be less angry, by being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9. However, you CAN'T be angrier since you're already as angry as it gets.

Stop being retarded.
>>
Eternal reminder: https://twitter.com/Swiftor/status/712709629453668352
>>
>>332939701

It's good but not deserving of the massive hype.

Very little new lore is revealed and the story does take a turn but it's very subtle and tame.

The only thing really changing in this game is the story about the Firstborn, that is explained. But it's optional so you may as well not know it existed before finishing the game
>>
File: 1459011553017.jpg (52 KB, 409x610) Image search: [Google]
1459011553017.jpg
52 KB, 409x610
>>332929270
you know that none of that affects the game's quality in any way shape or form, right?

anon don't tell me you're one of those people that can't enjoy a game on their own
>>
>>332939853
Who?
>>
>>332940102
Some literally who streamer that got a copy because he asked nicely.
>>
>>332938094
>>332936378

>Whining this much.

>Played the first game the first time at PC launch.
>Didn't give a rat shit about soap stone or didn't understood half of them
>Played with a Balder Sword until Anor Londo
>Missed nearly every optional areas
>Missed the DLC
>Reached the DLC on my second playthrough
>Missed Kalameet because didn't find the key
>Finally saw everything on my third playthrough

How can these signs spoil you that much anon?
> You can only say cryptic things with the soapstones
> a third of the messages are traps
>you have the choice to read the messages or not
>the messages displayed are randomly chosen by the server.

Stop whining OP. As long as you won't actively search on the internet how things work, you'll never be spoiled by signs shits like the ritual Dark moon ring opening the path to gwyndolyn, or Kaathe being reachable only if you don't talk to Frampt. Stop whining.
>>
File: 1391633806875.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391633806875.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>There is no souls memory

This alone will give me 300+ hours out of the game

>Cosplay builds
>Roleplay buillds
>Meta countering pvp builds
>Challenge runs.
>Going through each area, lore fagging it up.

The online aspect of Souls is what gives it its longevity. DS2 and Blunderborne both failed in this department. We are finally getting a proper Souls sequel.
>>
>>332938328
>deliberately went out of your way to spoil the game
I didn't go out of my way at all. I still haven't been spoiled in a serious way. But other have, and that's actually important.
>>
>>332930621
This never happened. The game is delayed in the west for no other reason than for it to be part of the second fiscal quarter so western reps can point to a graph and prove their invesement is worthwhile

Stop bitching about japs, its literally America that made the game two weeks late.
>>
>>332940140
Soon having a certain number of retards following you on shitter will mean you have more rights as a person and is a better human being.
>>
How does Undead function in 3?
>>
>>332940297
>DS2 and Blunderborne both failed in this department
I got 600+ hours out of Bloodborne though, it had plenty of builds to keep me busy, and had by far the best 'challenge runs' in the series thanks to Chalices being actually challenging. Low level chalice runs were intense as fuck.
>>
>>332931000
>English patch is complete too

Except it isnt? At least if you're playing the english version you don't have the Day 1 patch which should optimize everything and enable online mode.
>>
>>332934086
I seen alot of shit and I STILL don't know what the fuck is going on or what the story is. All I know for a fact is that the FUGS is in the game.
>>
>>332940410

>financial year ends on 31st of March in Japan
>want to split profits because of the way it's calculated in Japan
>totally the West's fault

What I don't understand is why couldn't they just release it on the 2nd or 3rd this month.
>>
>>332940279
You're a fucking moron and amazingly stubborn and illiterate. It actually DOES matter what other people know when a game is designed the way Souls is.

End of discussion. You don't personally care, but that's because you're a fucking idiot.
>>
I'm probably one of the few rare cases of someone that really enjoys the games, but knows fuck all about the story/lore.

I've always thought of souls games as just one straight forward adventure. There's a beginning, and an end. A journey to complete the game. Everything about story and lore always played third fiddle in my experience.

So, basically I'm spoiler-proof.
>>
>>332940549
the same as Dark Souls 2
>>
>>332941048
>So, basically I'm spoiler-proof.
Nobody cares about lore spoilers you moron. In souls, there's such thing as GAMEPLAY spoilers. Souls games have the most potential for spoilers. In fact, I can't think of many other games where "gamplay spoilers" are even a thing.
>>
>>332941048
>seen all areas and hidden stuff
>know all bosses
>seen all weapons
>know where to use a specific item

Totally spoiler proof guys because I don't care about listening to dialog
>>
File: 1458684895350.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1458684895350.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>332929270
>Dark souls threads on /v/
>>
>>332941006
You new? Games area always released on a tuesday. Always.
>>
>dark souls
>spoilers
Lol
>>
>>332941284
Why not the 5th then?
>>
>>332941284
You new? The 2nd or 3rd of March is a Tuesday every 7 years.
>>
>>332929270

Thanks Bamco.

Tho honestly this didn't stop Demon's Souls from getting popular.
>>
>>332940549
lose a quarter of your overal health, and you don't get the neat ember effect over your armor.
>>
>>332941036
You're whining on an anymous board, expecting that people will think the same as you do and make you feel right for whining.
I'm not even the same person you were answering to and I read everything you wrote in this thread.

You are whining for nothing moron.

For 2 invaders knowing how to get through shit with broken stuff, you'll have ten times this amount of people knowing nothing. You're going to get wrecked by a meme build and that's all. Discovering shit, mechanisms and everything will be the same as at the japanese launch as long as you don't look on the internet.

I don't know what you were expecting. Even reading /v/ threads at launch would have spoiled you the same way. And there will probably not be enough soapstones signs online on your US server to give away most secrets at the US launch. Signs are once again randomly chosen by the server on which you are linked. Japanese signs will probably not appear.
>>
>>332941459
Which is why they can't release it. Sales are measured by comparing your current profit with the profit you made the same day/month//quarter of last year.
>>
>>332929270
Buy it off of g2a after a week of release and it be like 50$ with dlcs
>>
>>332941705
>Japanese signs will probably not appear.
Western players have watched western streams for weeks at this point. There will be a majority of players who know what's going on from the very start. Guranteed.
>>
Blunder of the century.

>every area is grey and brown
>rehashed assets from DaS1, 2 and Bloodborne
>an entire area is literally made up of Chalice Dungeon assets
>rehashed enemies from older Souls games
>entire areas rehashed from DaS1
>less weapons than DaS2
>less magic than DaS2
>80% of the weapons, armour and rings in the game are just copy pasted from DaS1 and 2, barely any new equipment
>shorter than DaS1 and 2
>least number of bosses in the whole series
>weapon movesets are a downgrade from BB
>focus arts aren't as deep as trick weapons
>Estus chug is even faster than BB's healing except you can't parry it like in BB and is so fast you can't backstab punish
>>
>DeS released in the west like 9 months later
>nobody complains
>DaS3 released in the west 3 weeks later
>GIMME MUH GEIMU NOWWW ABLOOOOOOBLOOOOO
Why did /v/ become so entitled lately? Fucking millenials.
>>
>>332929270

You know what's really fucking annoying? People uploading all the bosses and endings on youtube with no spoiler thing or titles that describe the ending. Like, could you fucking not? You don't even have to go looking for this shit cuz it pops up in your related vids.
>>
>>332941891
I think the game actually being available in English on xbone for like a week made it worse for people who were already upset.
>>
Still havent finished my blind first BB run, this game can wait
>>
>>332941891
>Why did /v/ become so entitled lately?
PCfags.
>>
>>332941841
Players caring for soul games didn't watch any streams, and the viewers of Dark Souls 3 are mostly casuals that will be filtered by the first boss. You can expect signs in the first areas, and then you'll be free of spoilers if you are not too bad.
>>
>>332929270
Wow what a surprise, /v/ hates a video game that they've never played and isn't even out! This is a first!

Seriously, why does /v/ even exist? Coming here you'd think you fuckers hate literally all video games.
>>
>>332941891

Well tbf Demon's Souls was a pretty niche game at the time, it's only BECAUSE it got semi-popular in other countries that a demand for it over here existed.

By now Dark Souls is popular enough that it shoule have either an international or at least very small staggering in the releases. I mean, the English version is fucking done.
>>
>>332942097
>Players caring for soul games
Are vastly outnumbered by FotM shiteater casualbabies who have been watching spoilers.
>>
>>332929270
>muh COMMUNITY

mc le end urself
>>
>>332941158
>>332941278

How are you idiots even getting spoiled on gameplay? Just don't fucking open the webms, don't open the gifs. Don't open Souls game thread. It's dark souls 3, not the god damn force awakens. There aren't people going all over 4Chan posting images of bosses, and items, because guess what. Nobody gives a shit except for those that are buying the game day 1.

You're gonna look up a guide anyway faggots.
>>
>>332942097
>Players caring for soul games didn't watch any streams
Oh please.
I play Souls games because I like playing them, watching "spoilers" for them before they come out doesn't ruin shit for me.
>>
>>332942287
>How are you idiots even getting spoiled on gameplay?
THE PROBLEM IS THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SPOILED. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK FAGGOT TEENAGER SKULL.
>>
>>332930083
>>332931508
At least we get to see what the game actually is, instead of a rushed, uneducated purchase that turns out shit like DS2.

Be glad we have all the "beta testers".
>>
>>332942287
see
>>332941931

That said, /v/ has been surprisingly less spoiler-tastic than they usually are.
>>
>>332942391

WELL, FUCK THEM.

They were looking for spoilers. It ain't that hard to avoid them. If you've been spoiled that bad, is because you wanted to be.
>>
File: 123424234234.jpg (47 KB, 600x995) Image search: [Google]
123424234234.jpg
47 KB, 600x995
>People defending this.
>People arguing against and ridiculing people who are annoyed by this.

Wow, just wow.
>>
>>332942206
> FotM shiteater casualbabies who have been watching spoilers.
Casualbabies who will reach the areas after you. I still don't see the problem. If you are one of the people who platinumed every Souls:
>you know your shit and know that you'll try every weapons just to see the movesets
>You'll have less trouble then casuals who watched DS3 streams all day but don't know how to handle a pad
>You'll have a totally different experience than the shitters who can't beat a boss without a broken strat and boast online that Gwen is the easiest boss of DS1

We won't see a giant dad before weeks, don't worry.
>>
>>332942414
Jeez, you guys find any chance you get to shit on DaS2
>>
>>332934086
True, but it's still difficult to retain that "OG play through" feeling. I do agree with you though, I just started DaS2 for the first time in late January and it felt pretty new. Obviously anything "big" was spoiled (like ornstein returning) but it was still fun.
>>
>>332942683
>being so mad we got the game 1st that you have to pretend it is shit
Americans do not know do they
>>
File: 1392919578918.png (97 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1392919578918.png
97 KB, 250x250
>mfw remembering Demon's Souls threads on /v/
>Just a small, niche group of guys that thought the game was awesome because it was a "NES title in HD"
>Community was helpful, fun, full of camaraderie, discussions of different builds and sense of exploration was top notch
>This followed into the first few months of Dark Souls, before the PC version.
>These things will never happen again with this series.

It was good while it lasted.
>>
>>332929270
Only have seen the trailers, 2 12 min gameplay vids of the undead burger with le meme dragoon and some shitty ass valley and 2 webm's. Gun be gud, fuck u op. Its your fault for not beeing able to restrain from information clearly ment for spoiling. Fucking idiots
>>
File: 1435676252252.jpg (117 KB, 527x565) Image search: [Google]
1435676252252.jpg
117 KB, 527x565
>>332940279
>can't discover the world in Dark Souls 3 with other anons on /dasg/ because streaming already revealed most of the game
It's like as if you don't understand one of the most appealing aspects of these games.
>>
>>332942868

>Being retarded.
>>
>>332942868

It most likely isn't shit bun Bamco certainly are shit.
>>
>>332942390
Then good for you. But I'm not sure it will make you any better.
>>
File: 1355551444031.gif (2 MB, 231x239) Image search: [Google]
1355551444031.gif
2 MB, 231x239
>>332929270
Unless there are anons telling me where traps are/how to do an area, there aren't any spoilers for me.

Never gave a fuck about the lore and never will.
>>
I peaked into the stuff to see what's new and it's all just rehashed DS1 content
>>
File: 1456863130645.png (26 KB, 210x250) Image search: [Google]
1456863130645.png
26 KB, 210x250
>>332942925
I really don't understand anon. It is for me one of the best single player games and it should be played alone without any informations.

Why would I stop my playthrough to make a blog post, get spoiled and resume my journey? The limited spoilers that you can find on /dasg/ are the same as the spoilers on a wiki page to me.
>>
>>332941883
Legitimate conplaints, but that doesn't change the fact that this is the best Souls game in the series. It doesn't crap out in the middle, it doesn't have pvp ruining mechanics, it doesn't have a severe lack of npc interactions. Most games in the series are 6-7/10 because of their flaws. With Dark Souls 3 Mizazaki has made his first legit 8/10 game.
>>
Yo /v/ as far as I know some of you are playing this already.
I've heard there will be no "Bonfire Ascetics", is this true? And If that's true, are there any items that can only be obtained in NG+? (like in DSII, some rings and spells) Because I don't like the idea of having to go NG+ to obtain certain items.
>>
>>332929270

I dunno man I've managed to avoid any spoilers besides what I saw in the very first trailer (which I regret watching because giant skellington reveal).

I will now be leaving this thread and not reading any more. It's that simple.
>>
>>332931436
>>332931436

From got bought by the same company that owns Kancolle. Not like that will really affect anything.

After DaS3 releases, From is done with Bamco until they decide to do something else with them and whip up another contract
>>
>>332941841

I don't know a single person who intends to buy the game that is watching streams of it. Because we're not retards who spoil one of our most anticipated titles of 2016.

You're acting like people spoiling the game for themselves is the norm when in fact it is not. The secrets of the game will take just as much time for the average fuck to figure out as it did for DaS or DaS2. The game isn't ruined because 20k or even 50k of the 1M+ NA playerbase has spoiled the game for themselves.
>>
File: 1412005459779.jpg (136 KB, 900x713) Image search: [Google]
1412005459779.jpg
136 KB, 900x713
I have exams all through may and will at least half of April studying. Should I get the game on release and play it bit by bit, maybe and hour or two a day, or wait until June and marathon it uninterrupted?

Every previous game I've played after release and people always talk about how the first few weeks are the best, but I'm not eager to ruin the experience because of exam stress looming over me.
>>
>>332943667
>With Dark Souls 3 Mizazaki has made his first legit 8/10 game.
™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™
>>
>>332944753
>will at least half of April

Shit. The word spend should have been in there, obviously.
>>
Jap player here: hope you enjoy Fume Knight Simulator 2016.

Jokes aside, the game is fucking great.
>>
>>332944753
I have a fucking paper to write and give to my teachers in June. I'm going to marathon the game for 3-4 days and then move on.

That's the best way to play anon. You must get sick of it to stop thinking of it.
>>
>>332944753
wait until june to get it out of your system
it will be harder but you won't regret it
>>
>>332929798
They deserve it. I was really excited for my first blind play through of a Souls game but for that to happen I would have had to go internet dark for about 3 weeks.
>>
>>332945006
kek
Is his armor/weapon in the game or something?
>>
File: 1443820776298.png (467 KB, 432x653) Image search: [Google]
1443820776298.png
467 KB, 432x653
>>332945112
>>332945198

I have anxieties about missing out on things and I haven't played a game on release since Mass Effect 3, but that feeling of finishing exams and having a new video game to play is something I haven't felt in years.

I guess waiting would be a better experience. Rushing through games kills my enjoyment and at least I'd miss the inevitable post-release shitposting.
>>
>>332942873
PCucks truly are the cancer killing video games
>>
>>332943578
Well I've tried to explain it. It's the sense of community and working together that a lot of people will miss, but obviously not you. It was around in all other games but it can't, and won't, in Dark Souls 3 because information's so out there, and it'll be even more out there in the next two weeks.
>>
just like a dragons dogma pc
retards
>>
>>332942873

>"NES title in HD"

End yourself.
>>
File: sleepy.png (25 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
sleepy.png
25 KB, 228x239
>>332942873
>streamers managed to ruined Dark Souls 3
well /v/ was right about one thing
>>
>>332946421
>streamers managed to ruined Dark Souls 3
No, you ruined it for yourself by watching streamers playing it.
>>
>>332942873
Demons was the peak of the series
>>
File: 1413092167280.jpg (28 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1413092167280.jpg
28 KB, 704x396
>>332946021

Different anon here, but when you put it like that it's understandable. I don't understand why publishers are so detached from the fans. Giving the game to streamers doesn't advertise the game anymore than trailers or a demo would. It increases the risk of spoilers for people who want to stay blind, implies that some people deserve the game earlier because they're vaguely internet famous and fosters a culture of impatience where people want to know everything about a title before it even comes out.

What a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>332945391
I've 10+ filters on /v/ and adblock saved me from the spoilers in the trailers. The only thing I watched a bit was the beta build.
>>
>spoilers
>matters

Literally why care about this?
It's a fucking souls game
You know what you're into if you played the other ones

And yes it's such a huge deal if you see a boss fight on youtube or whatever

And wait, what is this bullshit?
Have some self control and get a life you don't have to spoil yourself anything
>>
>>332946021
But that's not like there's so many mysteries hidden in those games anon. Trying to understand the lore is something that will take more than 3 weeks. The only things that were well hidden are things like the ashen lake. But now that people expect from Miyazaki to hide things, secrets can't last more than a full day.

I'm pretty confident that you didn't miss much. The games can't keep the secrets hidden very long anon. It is better to beat the whole game before even trying to talk about what you saw/ found in a thread.
>>
>>332942749
>Casualbabies who will reach the areas after you
Not likely. I take an extraordinary amount of time to beat a new Souls game. Sometimes I stop progress for a days at a time just to pvp/co-op
>>
>>332944180
>I don't know a single person who intends to buy the game that is watching streams of it.
Good for you. Anecdotes mean nothing. You probably kepe like minded friends. The cold hard reality is that probably 60-70% of the players will have been watching streams and youtube content. Gamers are shiteaters these days.
>>
>>332948659
But most of them are casuals. Which means that they will rant against the game, try to find a broken build to get through a boss, when you'll have beaten the same boss with a weapon you chose for its moveset. They won't be a bother for the several weeks post launch.
>>
File: 1459277033432.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459277033432.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>332929270

Don't worry, you can still get a sense of discovery when you buy the 2 DLC episodes.
>>
File: Albatroz.jpg (197 KB, 1457x713) Image search: [Google]
Albatroz.jpg
197 KB, 1457x713
Sooo....

Is Sorcery fixed yet?
or will I have to stick to Pyromancy?
>>
>>332949598
Day 1 patch.
>>
File: Blasthole.jpg (137 KB, 1457x713) Image search: [Google]
Blasthole.jpg
137 KB, 1457x713
>>332950373
source?

How did they fix sorcery, exactly? Does it actually scale now? Weren't people WITH day1 patch the ones complaining how sorcery was shit because it simply was broken?
>>
Pene
>>
>>332940863
You do on PC faggot
>>
>>332929270
>frequents the internet
>doesn't watch videos of DaS3
>no glaring spoilers unless you read long threads with the purpose of finding them
>have only seen short gameplay clips to get an idea of how it'll play

I know fuck all about this game and it's because I didn't look for spoilers.

If you feel you already know everything about the game, it's your own damn fault and you're a dumb bitch for whining.
>>
>>332946689
>>332951206
this, faggots
>>
>>332935794
I always play offline in my first play through. The levels look cleaner without all the messages and bloodstains. You get to find out who the offline invaders are (not sure if thats still a thing but whatever) The second play through is more appealing cause I play it online and get to go through all the shit I missed.
>>
What pisses me off about this is that they'll never understand how this MONTH LONG EARLY ACCESS BULLSHIT has negatively affected the experience of a lot of players.
>>
>>332952993
Stop bitching you pathetic son of a bitch
It's your fault you keep watching videos of it nobody is forcing you

Get a life
>>
>>332953160
>It's your fault you keep watching videos
I don't watch videos.

I don't get it. What compels morons like you to respond with made-up bullshit?
>>
>>332953405
Then what the fuck do you mean by

>this MONTH LONG EARLY ACCESS BULLSHIT has negatively affected the experience of a lot of players.

How?
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160331170935.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160331170935.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>being a butthurt eop
It's 2016 you cucks.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.