[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doomgaze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Doomgaze.jpg (271 KB, 1000x756) Image search: [Google]
Doomgaze.jpg
271 KB, 1000x756
>flying around minding my own business
>random encounter occurs
>I'm confused because I'm in my airship
>this motherfucker doomgaze appears
>He fucks up half my time with swiftness
>I decide I'm gonna try and kill him even though it's an uphill battle
>he flees

I actually laughed when this shit happened. Not like I had much chance at winning, but then he just spares my life anyway. I kind of want payback now, but I've gotta get stronger first.

Who else encountered this fucker for the first time without knowing it could even happen?
>>
>>332928885
I just vanished and doomed him
>>
>>332929553
>destroying the magicite

>>332928885
I did, thankfully nobody was level 5, and if he fleed you could just heal up and fly around again and continue the fight. Eventually you'd win if you didn't die.
>>
>>332929736
Terra was level 40, so she died instantly. Then he just used normal Doom on Celes. I'll get back to fighting him at some other point. Now that I know he's trolling the skies, I can get back to what I was actually doing which is trying to get the rest of these characters...well, really just Locke. (don't tell me though if you intended to. I'm trying to play relatively blindly. I only posted this for the lulz)
>>
>>332929979
How many characters do you have at the moment? There's a couple characters exclusive to ruin, and i assume you'd wanna get them too, just to meet them.
>>
>>332929736
Only if you use x-zone. Doom leaves it there.
>>
>>332929979
>Locke
I hope you have 5 characters and one of them is mog.

And locke honestly sucks as a character
>>
>>332930159
I've got Celes, Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer, Cyan, Umaro and Mog. I don't really want Relm and Strago that badly. I might get them, but I didn't really care about them in the first place. Relm's a cute though, so I might think about her though.
Oh, and Shadow died, so I can't get him back.
I only really want Locke though, I wanted Locke more than anybody else, so of course he's the one that takes the most time to recover.
>>
>>332930406
I have most of the characters back now, including Mog.

I don't really care if Locke "sucks". He's my favorite character and has my favorite skill. I want him back. Continuing without Locke would be like continuing without my main character (because let's be honest, Terra doesn't carry the main plot alone no matter how important she is, but I still wanted her back too of course)
>>
>>332930475
Better get gau
>>
>>332930307
>shadow died
Aw that's shitty. I restarted when i found that out since I loved using him. Having favorites is definitely fine, but that amount of party members just won't do. I won't spoil any further, but your gonna want at leasst 3-4 more after you get locke, so look around or ask for vague hints.
>>
>>332930660
Moogle charm. Mog team b, terra celes Edgar gau team a
>>
>>332930806
I still think he oughta find relm and gau, maybe gogo or something.
>>
>>332930657
I don't really like Gau. I went back to the Veldt contrary to that fact, and the little bastard wouldn't show his face. I got sick of running around, so I fucking left and continued my quest for my fave Locke.

>>332930660
I didn't know Shadow could survive until after I'd already long pasted that part. It was too late to go back by then. I'd already been about to get Airship number two by the time I learned that.
The only way to get 3-4 more characters is for me to get Gau, Strago and Relm. None of whom I want.
>>
>>332931089
Then you're gonna wanna make sure you've got strong characters all across the board.
>>
>>332930979
He should go get Sabin final blitz. He has pretty much every one.
>>
>>332931089
Just get them for the ending. You don't have to do their side stories
>>
>>332931089
Did you have 3 characters in your party?
>>
>>332931262
I've heard sabin can actually learn that naturally at some stupidly high level, but honestly it might be in his best interest to just learn it the intended way and then get gogo to mimic it.
>>
>>332931246
Easy. If there's anything I have a weird enjoyment of, it's grinding. I've been overleveled all game. Shouldn't be too hard to bolster all my characters into the 60s... I say that now, but I'll probably get annoyed and bored.

>>332931342
Ehhhh. Maybe. I don't really care how their stories end either. I really don't care about any of them except for Relm, but I also don't want to do two mini dungeons just to get her.

>>332931431
Damn. I'm a fucking idiot. I had a full team with me. You've been able to get everybody else with a full team, so it didn't occur to me that it was a requirement.
>>
>>332931696
Then Fuck it and go to lockes dungeon and beat the game already. You made up your mind of not doing anything else.
>>
>lvl 40 already
You must have been grinding OP.
I was lvl 40 by the time I had finished all the sidequest's and all I had left to do was Kefka's Tower and I was too fucking weak to survive for more than 4 fights in there.
Not having Shadow hurts because he's the best powerhouse
It shouldn't be much of a problem to take on Doomgaze at lvl 40 though if you were levelling up characters correctly with the right espers.
Sabin I had decked out with dual dragon claws from daryl's tomb with the genji gloves and a gigas glove, would constantly do 2x 6000's on every enemy I fought because I focused on leveling up his STR whenever he had learned all available magic.
If you are struggling when you are at lvl 40 and its not end game then its because you haven't gotten the most important espers yet so you should focus on getting more characters (THAT YOU WILL NEED FOR KEFKA) and you will get plenty of gear and new espers with much better spells to help you survive like Curaga, Hastega, Ultima etc.
>>
>>332932329
To be more exact, Terra and Locke were already about 40 before World of Ruin. I steamrolled Altma Weapon.
The rest of my cast was about 35-37 though. Now everyone is about 37-40 and only the characters I'm just now getting back are 37-38. Mog came in at 42 though, so that was nice.

Sabin is a monster powerhouse, so I doubt I'll need Shadow. Plus, I've got my Locke focused on being a quick powerhouse to boot. Well, at least that's what I was doing before WoR. I run Locke with a Genji Glove, so he's been my hammer for all instances where I didn't have Sabin. I've been running Sabin with a Hyper Wrist though, but I should a toss a Genji glove his way and he'll become my most powerful character PLUS he still has those amazing Blitz skills. In most instances, I've been forced to work on magic above all else, so I haven't had a lot of time to pump his vigor which is why I bank on the Hyper Wrist for support.

I'm trying to see how much good stuff I can find Esper wise. I just got Trichton, so I have access to the tier 3 elementals now.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.