[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since I didn't get a DOOM beta key, i've been playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: doom3_360bfg1.jpg (702 KB, 1052x1484) Image search: [Google]
doom3_360bfg1.jpg
702 KB, 1052x1484
Since I didn't get a DOOM beta key, i've been playing the 3rd one.

Am I the only one who really likes DOOM 3?
>>
File: howshitusedtobe.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
howshitusedtobe.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
Nah man, I'm right there with you.

That game is terrifying. It's a very nice more horror take on the Doom franchise, and it was a good direction to take it.

Nothing wrong with OG Doom's, they're great and exciting, and I like the maze design to the levels, but I gotta say I'm not excited about Doom 4, it looks like shit, multiplayer focus for no reason, and we can't even split screen for the campaign.
>>
I love it too, the graphics back in the day were mindblowing.
>>
Nah, it was a good shooter. Not exactly where I would have taken the DOOM series but it was solid.
I went to go look into getting some of my favorite mods back, but it turns out Filefront is gone and none of the other sites have good ones. Shit sux
>>
>>332927441
Of course you're the only one. You're special anon, and should go to participate in special Olympics right away. I bet someone as special as you will get a special medal right away.
>>
>>332927441

Yeah, I enjoyed it for what it is. Great atmosphere and one of the scariest game 've ever played
>>
>>332927441

Favourite Doom desu...
>>
>>332927441
Nah, it's fun and pretty addictive. Although they cheated with the scary aspect of the game (halfway through the game it's just jumpscares), the action, atmosphere, exploring and level design aspect is actually good. It's not a DOOM game per se, but for a game itself it's fun and competent enough to be considered good.
>>
I enjoy it a lot as well, but the BFG edition was handled very poorly.
>>
File: 1456699818267.webm (387 KB, 192x352) Image search: [Google]
1456699818267.webm
387 KB, 192x352
>>332927441
it is better on pc. it was good back in 2004, but too late to mindblow with graphics after Riddic and FarCry.

half-life2 was not even near in that aspect, but it feels not to claustrophobic.
>>
When I first played Doom, I was really young, and got scared easy so I'd stop playing a lot.

But man, when I picked up the BFG edition with the old Doom's integrated, I started trying to find the secrets and having a blast.

Love that shot gun action, I'd love to see a modern Doom stylized sompletely like the old one.
>>
>>332929806
If you can, look into getting source ports for the originals and the original PC version of 3. Feels more natural than the BFG's sad demonstration
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.