[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how was FFXV Platinum demo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1441043720-caem.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441043720-caem.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
So, how was FFXV Platinum demo?
>>
>>332927028
It's confirmed as a Kingdom Hearts clone
>>
>>332927028
Alright, but clearly it's designed like a tech demo, difficult to really get a feel for how the full game will be.
>>
Just another engine demo.
>>
>>332927028
Meh, I hope something more substantial comes out because this was pretty babrebones even for a demo.
>>
>>332927028
trash,as expected
>>
>>332927028
diashow
>>
>>332927028
With a bit more polish FFXV could be a great game but the demo itself had many flaws like being intended to show off tech
>>
>>332927028
If they fix fps and some camera issues, FFXV can be a cool game
>>
File: 300px-BURNOUT3_PROMOTITLE.png (90 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
300px-BURNOUT3_PROMOTITLE.png
90 KB, 300x210
>>332928007
>>332929651
>>332927335
>this was pretty babrebones even for a demo.

It wasn't barebone, a tech-demo, or an "engine".

It was legitimately bad. Burnout 3 just needed 1 track and you instantly knew it would be a good game. You got the exact opposite feeling with FFXV.
>>
>>332930076
Are you retarded?
It was barebones and a tech demo and had the potential to be great.
The tech demo has too many flaws and we were given too little of the game to fairly judge it but not seeing the potential it has is dumb
>>
>>332930492
>It was barebones and a tech demo and had the potential to be great.

The Platinum demo contained every essential element of the full game, down to a fully specced out Adult Noctis battle.

The fact that it's basic building blocks were terrible doesn't bode well for the final product.
>>
>>332930956
>every essential element of the full game
None of the party members were there and they seem pretty integral to the game.
>>
File: 1290034524067.jpg (7 KB, 126x120) Image search: [Google]
1290034524067.jpg
7 KB, 126x120
>>332927028
Man... what a trainwreck.
>>
>>332927028

Didn't like anything about it and found it frustratingly slow and awkward to play. The input lag is awful and I'm concerned about the Noctis/Iron giant fight at the end being lifted right from the game itself and not built for the demo. Very concerning. Also the performance in this small area was not up to par and it's making me very worried for the rest of the game, which is nowhere near as contained and linear as this.
>>
>>332927028
It has 15 fps.
>>
>>332927028
I got goosebumps when the Laviathan showed up.
>>
>>332931219
Dunno, only fps issues I had, was when warping. Other than that just fine.
>>
>>332931035
>None of the party members were there and they seem pretty integral to the game.

The party members would just be window-dressing. Something like homosexual damage multipliers.

If anything, they may make it worse.
>>
>>332931478
Sounds like you need to pay attention
>>
is it worth trying even if i dont care for final fantasy
>>
>>332931035
The party members, coupled with the game world and abundance of enemies, would cut the frame rate down further. Hell, if the game can't even stick to its 30fps target during a single member battle against a single monster in a downgraded environment lifted straight from the main game is pathetic.
>>
>>332927075
Any KH's gameplay is better than FFXV's. Yes, even 358/2 Days is better than what FFXV's gameplay is right now. And that's sad - I mean, these guys made KH1, CoM and KH2, so how could you make it worse than any of those three with 9 years of development (blah blah, Versus isn't FFXV, but they still had some gameplay concepts and demo before Versus was announced as FFXV)?
>>
I miss the Nomura version.

- Frank Ribery
>>
>>332931618
Please don't. This one makes you not want to play ANY Final Fantasy if you're new to the series.
>>
>>332930956
>fully specced
In what universe?
We got 3 different weapons and a lvl 1 magic.
>>
The combat is seriously the worst combat I've ever played in a videogame.

You just hold cirlce. Quicktime events are more challenging and interactive than this.

AND BEFORE SOME IDIOT GOES "B-BUT LOOK AT THIS SICK COMBO WEBM YOU CAN DO SO MUCH CRAZY SHIT IN THIS GAME"

None of that fucking matters in the slightest when you can beat the game just by holding circle. The best combat system in the world (which this definitely DOESN'T have anyway) doesn't mean shit if you're never forced to actually use it.

Demo was shit and unsold me.
>>
It was an absolutely terrible way to try to sell FFXV.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that FFXV got an open demo is GREAT, and the dev team thanking the player for playing and asking if you want to buy the game was kind of cute.

But the demo was bad, real bad. It's cool that they showed off different time of day and shit, but the average player isn't going to care about that, they won't understand it's a tech demo. Making it a shitty collectathon platformer was a BAD BAD idea. I am not a Final Fantasy fanatic and I would have been completely put off FFXV if the demo didn't end with that great boss fight at the end.

The demo would have worked better if it was just the boss fight if they wanted to sell the game, seriously.
>>
>>332932008
>if you're never forced to actually use it.
You only fight single slow enemy at the end of the demo, you may very well need to do more than hold O in the full game.
>>
I thought the demo was fine. The first hour or so was a bit boring, just exploring the big rooms. Beats the hell out of FF13 already though, which was just a giant hallway for thirty hours.

The combat was fun against the iron giant. Against the nightmares, literally just hold down circle. Pretty shitty.

I wonder if people would be less angry if you had to mash circle instead of holding it. After all, people loved KH2's combat and you pretty much just mashed attack the entire game.

Combat in FFXV seems to be a beefed up KH2, and with more spells, party members, abilities etc. still coming, I think the battle system will be great in the final game.
>>
There's already another thread retard. Keep your shitposting threads to a minimum.
>>
>>332932416

That may be true, but this is what they presented to us to sell the game. And it failed spectacularly at doing it.
>>
File: 1421508938751.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1421508938751.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>332927028
It was okay. Pretty happy with it. Mind you, I like Kingdom Hearts, but I'm not really sure the combat is comparable. The dream sequence as Kid Noctis was very reminiscent of KH though.

Overall, it was fun and creative. They showed off four different weapon types, about 5, or six, spell types. They had buttons that light you play with time of day and weather settings, as well as transform into animals. You could also drive around the second level in different cars, which was fun.

The prior demo that came with Type-0 had a very different feel, but that was as adult Noctis, rather than kid Noctis in a dream sequence, so that makes sense.

I've been hearing from so many people that this was going to be all grim, dark and depressing, while others said it was going to be all emo based on how Noctis was designed.

Between the two demos, however, I haven't really gotten that impression. The first was a fun kill quest romp with his friends, to make money to repair their broken down car. This second one is a bonkers, fun filled dream sequence that you get to play around in and goof off.

Both demos have left me with the impression that the game is going to have light hearted moments.

I wasn't sure about the game prior, but I'm looking forward to it now.
>>
>>332932008
>The best combat system in the world (which this definitely DOESN'T have anyway) doesn't mean shit if you're never forced to actually use it.

Confirmed total shitter. You can beat DMCs using 1 or 2 attacks, that doesn't stop people from mixing attacks and creating fun combos
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.