[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after this game failed we are unlikely to ever get Homeworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: dok_ss_06.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dok_ss_06.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
So after this game failed we are unlikely to ever get Homeworld 3. Where did it go wrong /v/
>>
>hey remember how everyone loved the 3D combat in Homeworld?
>let's make a sequel that takes place entirely on a 2D plane
>>
>>332926454
>>332926454

It failed?

I considered it a success personally.
>>
>>332927530
It was a fine game but I don't think it sold all too well
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (40 KB, 534x439) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
40 KB, 534x439
>>332927530
>>
It's a RTS, it won't sell Call of Duty numbers.
>>
>>332927798
As a Homeworld fan I felt actually insulted by the game
>>
>>332927873
Why in the fuck? If this game did anything right it was to be a good Homeworld game
>>
>>332927957
Don't get me started. Mainly because of the fact that IT WAS NOT a HW game to begin with, then they just slapped some music, changed a few names and completely rewrote pre-existing lore so they can get away without completely redesigning the game. Fucking shameful
>>
>>332926454

>Homeworld game
>its not in space

That is where it failed immediately.
>>
>>332928795
If you take off your fedora you'd notice it was easilly the best RTS game to come out in the past 10 years
>>
It's funny how RTS "fans" dismiss shit because of Nostalgia.

If this was called hardware shipbreakers people would have dissmiss it as a shitty RTS and would have even less owners

Guess you can't have inovation or new things with a fanbase that wants rehashes of everything now.
>>
>>332928368
>>332928368

>Before it was taken on as an addition to the Homeworld franchise, the team working on it were employing Homeworld 1 staff
>They were utilizing homeword 1 voice actors
>The fucking game had an aesthetic that called into mind homeworld themes

>Itwasn'tahomeworldgametobeginwith.

Nobody asked you for your salty fucking coins.

It looked like a homeworldgame, it walked like one, it talked like one.

It was a homeworld game in everything BUT the fucking name and franchise involvement.

ass savaged faggot.
>>
>>332928880
how many rts have come out in the past 10 years?
>>
>>332929341
Riiiiight and as much as they wanted it to be like homeworld they had to make it different so they don't get raped over copyright. And that differentiation carried over. It sounded like a homeworld it felt like a homeworld and it raped homeworld lore.
>>
>>332927873
As a Homeworld fan and I felt way more insulted by the truncated Homeworld 2 shitting on everything the first put in place in lore than this one that at least respect the immense majority of it. That being said, I still loved playing the 2nd. Especially with mods.
>>
>>332929326

You're a fucking retard.

RTS fans dismissed this game because it was shit, not because of nostalgia.

Fucking HW2 from a decade ago was better than this trash.

They attached the 'homeworld' name so that people would buy it, and people did buy it with the expectation that something carrying a beloved brand name would have some semblance of quality.

If it was called hardware: shipbreakers it still would have crashed and burned, but at least they wouldn't have pissed off a legion of late 20-somethings who loved HW as kids and remembered HW games as good.
>>
>>332928880

>best RTS game to come out in 10 years
>release game with 5 skirmish maps and completely broken AI, so people can't even comp stomp for fun
>MP dies in literally one week because there are no options and no replay value thanks to the two mirror image races
>release a DLC with 'another race' that is just a THIRD skinned version of the same race after the game already has less than 100 daily players

'no'
>>
It's fucking dead too. I can never find anyone on multi player and I just got it a week ago on that sale.
>>
>>332930272

Should have looked at steamspy before you bought, less than 100 people play per day now.
>>
i wanna get into another multiplayer RTS, i haven't done it since DoW2 Retribution was new. which would be a better choice, the new homeworld or that battlefleet gothic game?
>>
>>332930379

Did you even read the thread before you posted?
>>
>>332930414
reading is for fags
besides, i'm used to playing HL2 mods, i don't personally consider a game to be dead even if it only has like 20-30 players on at a time.
>>
>>332930329
I still half wanted it for the campaign because it's home world but if I'm going to pay that much I want to do at least I e fucking match
>>
I feel like ripping the 3D space from Homeworld rips the essence of the series. Haven't played Shipbreakers though.
>>
>homeworld game
>graphics cards with weapons fight over a desert

no ty
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.