[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Light Drifter is a very nice looking game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: drifter.png (3 MB, 1998x2091) Image search: [Google]
drifter.png
3 MB, 1998x2091
Hyper Light Drifter is a very nice looking game.
>>
>>332923447
The color scheme kinda confuses me to be honest, pixel art doesn't help.
>>
>>332923447

I haven't been following this game at all but alttp is my favorite game of all time. I've heard people making comparisons, worth 17 bucks?
>>
>>332923447
Too bad it isn't a particularly good game. Mind me, it isn't bad either and I had fun. But after a while you realize how shallow it is, especially considering it supposedly tried to borrow stuff from zelda and metroid.
>No puzzles
>No interesting abilities, only upgrades to the ones you already have
>The whole game is "search for there 16 secrets and kill 4 bosses"
>Short as fuck
>>
>>332925006
NO. Do not listen to anyone that's comparing this game with Zelda. Those are people that have probably never even saw the damn thing and are parroting some retarded youtuber.
The only thing this game has in common with zelda is the fact that you explore and fight in a top down 45° perspective.

Do buy it when it's on sale at no more than 10$ if you can be interested in a game that has a really simple combat system but that works well and that shows all its cards in the first ten minutes. Very good music though and nice bosses.
>>
>>332925149

Right, I'll keep it wishlisted and wait for a proper sale then, got enough on my plate atm anyway. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>332925314
it's not really zelda-like, the only similarity is in the bushes, which are obvious references to lttp bushes.i kid you not, that's about it. the game is pretty solid though, been having a ton of fun with it. i'm a slow explorer so i'm about 6 hours in with 2 bosses down, currently exploring the froglands.
>>
>>332924859
Funnily, I was considering playing this game because I love the color scheme. Blues mixed with Pinks and purples make my dick rock hard.
>>
>>332923447
Most people that says that this game is goty, are people that only like this game because the dev of this hold the same political opinion as theirs.¨

It's being compared to Zelda becacuse som vague game mechanics, like every game nowadays has to be compared to DaS series if it includes some kind of difficulty or perma death.

Buy it on sale. Probably will go on sale on summer sale too.
>>
>>332925006
Imagine if ALTTP had better/more challenging combat but ended after Agahnim.

That's a pretty close approximation.
>>
>>332927456
>Most people that says that this game is goty, are people that only like this game because the dev of this hold the same political opinion as theirs.¨

holy shit what? are you delusional? how much of the retard hivemind juice did you swallow? the game is genuinely good and anyone playing it without any knowledge of the creator or whatever feeds your irrational fears can see this. on the contrary, it's that type of artificial obstruction that keeps people from enjoying it, you literally force yourself to not like a decent game.
>>
>>332927792
>how much of the retard hivemind juice did you swallow?

You can't call people who disagree with you "hivemind" when your opinions are forcefed to you by journalists and bloggers. You don't get that privilege.
>>
>>332930453

Not even the same anon but:

>literally never heard of the game before watching the trailer
>buy on impulse
>enjoy it

Nah this has nothing to do with opinion forcefeeding, m8.
>>
>>332930453
>le ebin redpill meme
when will this meme end?
>>
>>332930453
who says i was forcefed? the only people acting out of ideological impulse are people like you. i knew nothing of this guy until i read about it on /v/ and i treat it with the same indifference i had before. the game is genuinely good, you are forcing yourself to dislike something because of your half-assed internet culture meme. get over yourself.
>>
Just finished it

Pros
>Neat visuals
>Tight controls
>Good difficulty
>Enjoyable fights

CONS
>Short
>You don't get any new abilities as you progress
>Upgrades are virtually unnecessary, except the one for repelling projectiles

All in all a neat little game that got me hooked for a day. To bad it doesn't have more depth to it. Could have been something truly amazing with more abilities and shit to do.
>>
>>332930928
>Upgrades are virtually unneccesary

I think you're downplaying the value of the chain dash. Good luck with the bird boss and knight boss without it.
>>
>>332931103
i beat the bird as my first boss, not really a huge deal to chain indefinitely, especially since it takes a particular rhythm that's distracting to me anyway
>>
>>332931103
what are you talking about
just zig zag for the knight and none of his attacks will hit, and the bird is just don't step on the colored squares, it's easy without chain dash.
>>
>>332931103
oh yes, forgot that one. I only got that after the third boss though.
>>
>>332930928
Listen to this anon.
It's a nice little game.

Just overpriced.

And underdeveloped.

And if I had funded the KS, I would feel fucking scammed as like 90% of the advertised features are missing.
>>
>>332931296
>missing features

such as? I never really followed the KS
>>
>>332931296
And the creator is a nut.
>>
>>332931435
enemies, equipment, areas, vehicles, upgrades, all missing
>>
>>332931503
tch, so pretty much everything that'd have made the game outstanding
>>
>>332925016
>>No puzzles

Do combat puzzles count? There were plenty of those, where enemies spawned in or the room layout changed depending on what enemy you killed.
>>
File: miss.png (41 KB, 709x430) Image search: [Google]
miss.png
41 KB, 709x430
>>332931435
Well almost nothing from the campaign page is in the game.
Sprites, weapons, etc., you name it.

Also pic related.
>>
File: 20160402171546_1.jpg (206 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
20160402171546_1.jpg
206 KB, 1912x1072
Bullshit challenges general?
Bullshit challenges general.

Why the fuck would they build something like this?
>>
just finished it, but there was a lot of locked stuff in the map, does this stuff can be unlocked in normal playthrough? or new game+ does something with all that locked stuff
>>332932313
what is the prize for that shit, my record is 74
>>
>>332932631
>just finished it, but there was a lot of locked stuff in the map, does this stuff can be unlocked in normal playthrough?

Yeah, most of it is unlocked through exploration.
>>
>>332932631
The prize for 100 dashes is a single gold fragment.

The next prize after that seems to be at 1000, which I haven't managed to do yet.
>>
>>332923447
Nah, it's pretty fucking ugly looking desu.
>too much use on repetition and simple geometric shapes
>"Pixels" are too big/emphasized
>Shit two tone shading
>Style looks like that twitter gimmick game I can't recall the name of, and I mean that in a bad way
>Looks gross in motion
>>
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN

the game

I liked it, though
>>
>>332933237
>Style looks like that twitter gimmick game I can't recall the name of, and I mean that in a bad way

Obvious bait is obvious. Sword & Sworcery may have had a shitty sjw ridden script and zero actual gameplay, but it's soundtrack and visuals were fantastic.

I can't think of any other game since the snes era that has used pixel art so creatively.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.