[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 292120_20160402063038_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
292120_20160402063038_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Holy shit, the difficulty spike at this part is crazy. How do you even keep Hope alive? Should you keep hope alive?
>that music buildup of Desperate Struggle before the fight
>Lightning trying hard to push Hope away all the while as she is hurting inside, desperate for help
>Even the Eidolaons know she needs to work together as much as she denies it
Also, how do you faggots not like this game? Visually its gorgeous. Cutscenes and music cues are extremely well timed and executed and the game itself is challenging and rewards well-timed attacks and constant paradigm switching.

Final Fantasy XIII thread.
>>
File: 292120_20160402062913_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
292120_20160402062913_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332918321
Anyone?
>>
>>332918321
Challenging? The same patterns of paradigm shifting beats any fight. Most of the time I didn't bother for trash fights because a ravager/sentinel/healer combo would win via auto-battle. I'd just mash X while I browsed the web until a victory screen came up.

The only "challenges" came in the endgame on Pulse, since the game finally let you branch out in different directions, thus you could potentially go somewhere significantly higher level than you. Even then, it didn't take much more to beat hard things.

Ultimately, FFXIII's battle system felt like they said "Hey, FFXII had auto-battle and it was ok. Let's use that, only we'll remove the ability to customize the AI for it, and have it make absolutely retarded decisions all the time."

Countless times I'd be fighting something that had extremely high physical defense, and instead of using ruin or an elemental spell, the non-controlled units would spam basic or elemental strikes. There was no way to tell them "Hey, dipshits, Thunderstrike hits for 40, but Thunder hits for 5000."

It made a lot of battles drag unnecessarily.
>>
Rail Playing Game
>>
>>332918321
are you asking for real or just a troll? that fight is literally a fucking tutorial fight
>>
It's not that hard, but I don't quite remember how I did it. Try Google. Actually, always try Google before asking anything. There's a bunch of gamefaqs on every vidya related problem ever.
>>
>>332919464
No, you're thinking of the first Eidolan fight with Snow and the Shiva Sisters. This one isn't a tutorial fight.
>>
File: 1450637609479.png (842 KB, 1000x1221) Image search: [Google]
1450637609479.png
842 KB, 1000x1221
>>332918321
Best pairing. Chapters 4, 5 and 7 are best.
>>
>>332921880

G A Y
A
Y
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuN5S-6J3r4
>>
>>332918321
You'll need to fully upgrade your crystarium for this fight. MED+SYN is the go-to paradigm until you get back to full health and apply buffs. Switch to Slash & Burn as and when you can.
>>
http://pastebin.com/EYijEs4z
>>332918321
Analyze Odin and look at what he wants from you
Do that and you win
>>
- Yields to those who amass chain bonuses.
- Yields to those who heal the wounded.

Easy
>>
>>332921880
You...you played lightning returns, right?
>>
>>332919016
man xv is gonna be so beautiful in glorious 4K on mustard race hardware
>>
If you turn down the battle speed for this fight it's a lot easier
>>
>Difficulty spike prior to Gran Pulse.
You're kidding, right? Just use Libra and read the requirements, Eidolons just require you to do specific things like sit in SEN for ages(I think that was Vanille's) or to heal people.
>>
>>332926384
Played it? Bitch I spent 250 hours getting a perfect master file on that game.
>>
Not even close to the hardest spike
>>
>>332926550
Vanilles Eidolon was a bitch to get, every other was pretty easy.
Odin was a bit more difficult than the rest, but still manageable.
>>
>>332919138
The actual reason everything spams -strike instead of just the spell is because they alternate for higher chain gauge increases and they're generally equal when it comes to attack and magic. It's usually just faster to spam something like Thunder over and over again since the cast time is instant, from anywhere on the map, and almost nothing resists it. This is also one of the reasons you give Lightning and Snow more magic than strength via accessories since they will refuse to use Strikes and they'll always use Ruin when a COM(Which Snow belts out an entire ATB bar in half a second)

Honestly, the worst part about the system is the AI would run into stuff like a Long Gui's foot to hit it instead of staying back, and they'd never ever use Blitz or -ra/-ga on anything grouped together. They also insist on using Esuna instead of healing you despite behind a hit away from death, and they will only buffer one spell when a SYN or SAB.

>>332928040
Weren't you Doom'd for Vanille? I remember that was the only problem with hers since the game was finicky if it wanted to give you it or not.
>>
Anyone else remember when Sazh was depressed, got a sweet ride, and did a bunch of donuts and burnouts and shit before the screen flashed something like EIDOLON UNLOCKED. Then he immediately went back to being depressed and the game tried to pretend he died?
>>
>>332928273

You're Doomed on all Eidolon Fights, Other wise you could just turtle them out
>>
>>332928357
Yes
>black character
>his summon is a red and gold pimped out ride
>>
>>332918321
People were not ready for this game back in the day. It was the first of its kind. Little did people know, that JRPGs would all become very strict and linear during last gen.
>>
>>332929196

Japanese are allowed to be racist against Blacks
>>
>>332929632
>2 black dudes in FF
>both use guns
>both have kids and are very caring fathers
>>
>>332928273
I am pretty sure you could halfway controll how your AI behaves with a sort of Strategy Set.
Might have been in XIII-2, though, I canĀ“t remember right now.
>>
>>332931232

That's definitely XIII-2, and even then they only allow you to determine what AoE spells they use. It's useful in some cases but you should've been able to customize much more options.
>>
>>332918321
>How do you even keep Hope alive? Should you keep hope alive?
I ask myself the same thing every day
>>
>>332931232
XIII-2 let you use Cross and Wide formations which let you specify single or multi target attacks. Even then it wasn't that great though, they're still pretty bad about doing the Esuna thing when you need healing on top of only casting one buff/debuff at a time, and I never saw Blitz used despite being in Wide at times.

It still has the same problems as XIII though, they should have let you disable whatever skills you didn't want used rather than specify a formation.
>>
>>332918321
Syn/commando till you have your buffs, then rav/commando for damage and medic/medic for emergency healing.
Piece of cake fight.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.