[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quality game or more souls like bullcrap or fedora shit ? Also.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (431 KB, 949x688) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
431 KB, 949x688
Quality game or more souls like bullcrap or fedora shit ?

Also. This kind of "Special Offers" upon release make not want to give any money in the first place.

Wow. You released your new game and offer the chance to early players to pay 1 euro less.
>>
ok
>>
File: 30fps.gif (302 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
30fps.gif
302 KB, 400x330
>>332918158
>>
Yeah why isn't the game -75% off on release?

You're a retard.
>>
>>332918354
Its not even worth 18 euro in the first place
>>
It's clear from your style of writing that you're a bitter, jaded fuck who is never going to enjoy anything, so why bother selling it on you
>>
>>332918158
Is that from the creators of Duelyst?
>>
>>332918474
Oh i enjoy many games. Just not obvious bait ones from indie devs and with obvious low quality.

Today's shit goes like
>pixel graphics
>"The Dark Souls of...."
>Reddit approves
>profit
>>
how long does it take to beat the game?
does the main character ever talk
do you learn more about him as the story continues?
>>
>>332918470
This
It should be around 40€ digitally and 50€ as a physical copy.
The early 00s were so much better when it came to pricing.
>>
>>332918349
its locked?
>>
>>332918754
Yes
>>
>>332918158
19.99-17.99 = 2 euros. Would you rather there was no discount for this brand new game?
>>
I too would like to know whether or not this game is actually worth while. I am very cautious of "le indie retro pixel" games.
>>
>>332918754
default in gamemaker studio is for room speed to be 30fps
if you don't go out of your way to change it that's what every gamemaker studio game is
naturally indie dev no do work
>>
>>332918776
wow, into the trash then.
>>
>>332918852
Thank you. No one is actually talking about the elephant in the room here. Just cucking as always.
>>
>>332918595
no idea.
no.
probably not

i've completed 2 areas of the game out of 4, not sure if theres more.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (81 KB, 623x277) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
81 KB, 623x277
9/10 reviews suggest its like Dark Souls.

This is insulting to Dark Souls.
One more reason not to buy.
Can someone who PLAYED it tell me if im wrong or not ?
>>
>>332918591
La-mulana is the dark souls of puzzle games, should I disregard it then?
>>
>>332918158
It looks like a LoZ with a dash button.
>>
Those graphics are ugly as fuck i don't even know what I'm looking at. Why do "indies" do this?
>>
>>332919158
Visual noise = production values, agrees idiot indies and z-brush spammers.

At least it's a step about flat-shading for the sake of being "artsy".
>>
>>332919158
Less effort
easier money
the only "indie" devs i respect to this days because of that are supergiant and runic
>>
>>332918876
I've never used gamemaker but couldn't you render with interpolation to allow as high as framerate as possible?
It's not that hard to code and you wouldn't have to change your gameplay calculations, just add interpolation to the rendering portion.
>>
>>332918349
ITS CINEMATICAL BRO
>>
>>332919070
The generation raised after the SNES sure are cancerous.
>>
>>332919236
>runic
Hob looks mediocre.
>>
>>332918876
Hotline Miami and risk of rain are GM and 60 fps
>>
>>332919328
you can manually manage framerate and time steps, but you have to actually code it, which is too much to ask for important indie developers
>>
Dumb yurocuck.
>>
>>332919443
Yeah because growing up with better technology that itself justifies asking for better quality in our games is cancerous. Kill yourself old man. If there were 3 ways to fuck up a game for snes there are a thousand ways to do so with a modern tittle. Also because of people like you we get more shit pixel games todays that what we should be getting in 2016. Elitist dead generation motherfuckers. You are the tumor of progress that holds everything we like back because you're too afraid to move on and leave behind the years your mama wiped your butt and bought you pixel games.
>>
>>332919070
They say it's like Dark Souls because there is an emphasis on learning enemy patterns and dodging accordingly.

The enemies do high damage due to your low health pool.

You have a med-kit "Estus" that plays an animation and leaves you vulnerable.

The story is minimalistic and told through the environment.

That's all the comparisons I can think of for now. I'd say it's more Zelda inspired than Dark Souls but I can see why people would say the latter.
>>
File: Garbage.png (187 KB, 620x1372) Image search: [Google]
Garbage.png
187 KB, 620x1372
>>332919070
I've played it, it's fucking garbage.

I'm glad I pirated it, 5 hours to beat and most of the time was spent hunting for keys to open doors to kill bosses so you can find more keys to open more doors and then you unlock the final boss and beat the game.

Also suffers from horrible input lag and 30 f pee s in a fucking action game. I've also proceeded to underline everything promised in the kickstarter and not in the release in the following picture.
((There is a basic challenge mode, but it's shittt so fuck that))
>>
>>332919872
What the fuck did they spend all that time developing?
>>
>>332919762
I'm 30 and for the most part still optimistic about modern games, I'm hype for FFXV even when everyone says I shouldn't be because FF games haven't been shit since 6, but you sound like an entitled little shit, and regardless what you think about old gamers, your entire gaming world is based on those "shitty SNES pixel games" you retard
>>
>>332919994
Weed
>>
>>332919994
You might want to ask yourself
>Why the fuck did they remove almost every single feature they advertised in development blogs
instead, because that's what they did/didn't do.
>>
>>332920000
You seen gameplay videos, oldtimer? FF XV plays itself. Makes Kingdom Hearts look like DMC3
>>
>>332919762
First of all, the biggest demand for pixel shit comes from generations that grew on 3D, not 2D. The indie shits making these had PS2 and Gamecube as their first consoles, just like their audience. Second, this industry has done nothing but move backwards since the last gen, so you can shove that progress argument up your ass.
>>
>>332919762
Yes because this game totally could have run in an snes right? The animations and HANDRAWN pixel art in this are quote beautiful and you can see the effort that was put into them
>>
>>332918158
Im getting so tired of the pixelated/retro art style. it doesnt look as good as the reto games, most of them are made by fucks who dont know anything about art style
>>
>>332918591
Lol you're such a faggot. All of you neo/v/ niggers never fail to mention reddit in some way to back up your absolutely retarded argument.

It's a fucking video game. We're not discussing politics and you seem to think this subject is way more serious than it actually ever was or ever will be.

It's a video game, if you don't like pixel graphics fuck off! if you don't like when random people say 'The Dark Souls of..." fuck off! It's really that simple.

Cancer like you has caused the decline of this entire website since about 2012 and you should feel bad. Why do we faggots have to sell you on an a fucking indie game, just pirate it and try it for yourself you immense twat.
>>
>>332918158
It looks like a million bucks

Discount on launch is typical on steam
If you don't you are drowned in a million of sales prices each day
>>
File: averagekansascityfan9.jpg (215 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
averagekansascityfan9.jpg
215 KB, 2048x1536
>>332918349
>>332918754
>>332918776
>>332918883
>>332919373
>>332919872
>>332920042
>>332920030

>guy
>dev that releases pc game at 30fps

>girl
>the people that buy them
>>
>>332920000
I thought my gaming world was based on DnD , Elder Scrolls Arena , Doom , Wolfenstein 3d , C&C and i've also played all these as a kid. You entitled oldfags. Everytime someone who's 30+ opens his mouth vomit in the form of sentences come out about gaming. So no. I don't care about the shitty SNES and your childhood and nor should you about mine. Im sure someone else could come and say "Im 60 , all the shit you play you brats is based on pong and tetris". Thi argument proves nothing else other than the fact that you're a pretentious prick who justifies his superiority using his age.
>>
Why do you compare it to souls games?
>>
>>332920345
Not OP but it's pretty obvious the devs were taking some ideas from souls games
>>
I played for 8 hours and only found two fucking keys and ive seen doors needing hundreds. Where the fuck do i get all these keys
>>
>>332920501
Autistic pixelhunting in every single area.

Are you up for it? You'll get special cosmetics that change the colours of your character!!!

Sounds fun, yeah?
>>
>>332920484
Like what? i'm just at the second area but i've seen just usual action/puzzle stuff.
>>
inb4
>damage control
Why is the 30fps lock such a big deal for a game with pixel graphics? Some of the sprites are moving with 10fps or even less, it's obviously an artistic choice. This is totally different from the
>ps4 can't do 1080p60
discussion because this is not a 3D shooting game where more fps equals a better gaming experience. The experience of the game depends on the low-fi approach. Even if the game ran at 60fps, some of the animations would still be just 5-10fps, just because that's how you do slow moving objects in a game with a low pixel count.

That being said, I'm rather disappointed by the level design. It's one of those "where the fuck do I go" kinda games and I spent a good 50% just backtracking to see where I missed the keys.
>>
>>332921115
>Why is the 30fps lock such a big deal for a game with pixel graphics?
Action game, art style has no impact on this.
>>
>>332921115
>Why is the 30fps lock such a big deal for a game with pixel graphics?
It's not about animation, it's about input lag in a highly-punishing action game.

Animations can run at whatever fucking FPS you want. 8-12 is the standard and should be.
>>
>>332921192
If there is no input lag and the actions are directly clocked to the 30fps, why does it matter? It's not like CS where more FPS could give you any advantage. Ingame events literally depend on the ingame time of 30 events per second.

>>332921263
Yes, the input lag is terrible but that's due to forced v-sync, not due to the 30fps limit. Plus I'm talking to niggers like
>>332919872
who claim that the 30fps limit is the problem
>>
It's a good game honestly. Pretty much feels like a link to the past mashed up with megaman zero.

Combat is tight with challenging but fair fights.

Only issue with the game so far are a couple of bugs, beyond that I'm really enjoying my time with.
>>
>>332921469
There is input lag. There will also be inherently more input lag with 30 vs 60 just like there is with 60 vs 120
>>
>>332921469
>if there is no input lag
by that I mean
>provided there would be no input lag
(which is not the case)
>>
>>332920201
reddit pls go
>>
>>332919762
Actually you little tumor the problem is that you've been raised on games with no challenge, because you're too far removed from games that were made exclusively to steal quarters from baddies.
Then you start calling games "tough as dark souls," when they're marginally harder than a modern Mario game that could be completed by a 3-year old.

Also the fact that you didn't experience high-quality spritework results in your generation calling every ugly pixel shit game that has zero readability "beautiful retro pixel art."
>>
>>332921520
Not the person you're talking to but I didn't see any input lag. Period.
>>
>>332921794
Bird boss had fucking tons of it.
>>
does collecting all the 8 triangles in an area have an important effect? Are there important things behind the doors that require all pieces? I've raised all 4 obelisks but I'm missing a bunch of triangles from every area and I dont know if I should bother looking
>>
It's literally just bad Ys.
Go play Ys games instead.
>>
>indie
stopped reading here
>>
If you can't tell by the art alone, it's at least fedora tier.
>>
>>332921891
There's room for both.

Especially these days.
>>
>>332921597
Daggerfall , Morrowind , Doom , Half Life , Red Alert , KKnD , System Shock , Fallout 1-2

NO DIFFICULTY ? YOU INSOLENT PRICK!

Go steal quarters from your now middle aged buddies you gypsy
>>
>>332922018
You know I don't remember anything that was hard about Morrowind.

Except maybe Hircine's funtime mazey maze if you were unprepared.
>>
>>332922018
I don't think there's been a single difficult single-player first-person shooter ever, now that you mention it. Doom is a lot closer than something like Half-Life, which I sat down and played through the day it came out.
>>
>>332922412
Its a difficult shooter in comparison to others. Not all genres are as hard as rts and rpg games.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.