[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did 343i go from making the absolute worst console game ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: halo 5.png (392 KB, 1177x717) Image search: [Google]
halo 5.png
392 KB, 1177x717
How did 343i go from making the absolute worst console game ever made (halo 4) to the absolute best game on the xbox one?

did they fire all those people they hired who "hated halo"?
>>
>>332916016
by making an okay game on a console with no games
>>
I agree it's the best game on the Xbox One but by no means is it good.
>>
They focused everything on making the best multiplayer and forge possible, and forgot to actually make a decent campaign.
>>
>best game on xbone

that's not really saying much. there are literally two games i would like to play on xbone. halo5 and raiden v. that's it.

there is NOTHING to play on xbone. fucking nothing. it has no games.
>>
>>332916520
who cares fuck the campaign. its sjw shallow anime tier garbage anyway.

multiplayer and warzones what its all about
>>
>>332916624
Forza, Killer Instinct.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 642x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 642x501
>>332916624
>there is NOTHING to play on xbone. fucking nothing. it has no games

I deeply hate Microsoft but I also don't really like bad memes, anon.
>>
File: Halo 5.jpg (90 KB, 610x374) Image search: [Google]
Halo 5.jpg
90 KB, 610x374
>>332916016
Halo 5 is a step up from Halol 4 but, that isnt saying much. With that out of the way your stats dont prove much.
>no CSR
>cant see which playlist you play
Nigger, boasting and trying to pretend you are good at 343 Halo is like claiming you are the least retard out of all reatards. The skill gap in 343 Halo got raped, virtually non existent.
>>
>>332916771
i can play killer instinct on my pc. and forza is coming to pc as well.

>>332916823
i hate to be that guy, but all this talk of exclusives mean nothing if the games run like shit. exactly what exclusives are worth playing on xbone? stranger of sword city? i am looking at a list of xbone games right now and i cant see anything that isnt available on another platform. just halo 5 and raiden v.

everything runs at sub 30fps and has screen tearing. the xbone is literally a 360 in a more expensive box.
>>
>best game of Xbone
>not the HD port of it's decade old predecesors
>>
>>332917197
Doesn't validate the fact those games are on the Xbox One. In fact they even have cross functions with W10. Meaning you can switch between one platform and the other for convenience sake.

And Forza still isn't on PC.
>>
File: 1454942418521.png (208 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1454942418521.png
208 KB, 512x384
>>332917332
>mfw mcc didnt work at launch and continues to not work to this day
>>
File: 1455973873265.jpg (12 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455973873265.jpg
12 KB, 500x281
Being a poorfag is great. A console that costs less than $300 can play virtually any game worth a shit and has other advantages such as 4 free AAA games every week.

Sure you might be like totalbiscuit and complain because of framerates. But then the ass cancer gets you and you realize you've been doing nothing but complain instead of playing the games.
>>
>>332917484
Who the fuck wants to play that shit when Halo 5 is better in every way?
>>
>>332917779
so...literally dozens and dozens of maps, dozens of game modes, 4 co-op campaigns is not as good as warzone and plant the bomb?

k
>>
>>332917926
>Halo isn't like that MS DOS game I used to love when I was a kid
Thank God
>>
>>332917453
>PC will get Horizon 3 instead of Motosport series
>there will be a change in leadership and policies soon
>Motosport on PC never ever

I don't mind street circuits and more arcade-y controls, but I absolutely mind the tiny car park and lack of actual tracks. Also fuck their DLC cars, based GT6 too bad their team has literally zero taste in which cars to add 6 games and zero E30/E36 wow
>>
>>332916016
Funnily enough, most of the people who made the MP so good quit to make their own studio.
>>
>>332918068
People don't want to play games that are 10+ years out of their prime.
>4 coop gameplay
Halo 5 has coop too.
>>
>>332916674
Just so we're on the same page, you mean cos they put so much effort into having bloody 4 guys, 4 girls, and at least 2 black people and an Asian? Or do you mean something else? And also mate anime plots are 10/10 especially harem ecchis. (but legit there are some good plots)
>>
>>332918368
No splitscreen though.
I get that they targeted 60 fps but frame drops never stopped people from playing splitscreen in the older titles. Then again, it's obvious H5's singleplayer wasn't the focus of the game and they don't even hide it anymore.
>>
>>332917197
The PS4 is pretty much the same. Generally this console generation hasn't been great (cos of how PC based the consoles are) but, at least it means we get more indies.
>>
>>332918934
but the Halo 5 engine physically can't run below 60fps because framerate is tied to physics calculations cos someone with problems decided that was a good idea. Sure you could make the game double speed then half the fps but the CPU would get rekt.
>>
>>332919090
Yeah that's a bad decision on 343i's part though, not the customer's, yet they're the ones being punished for it.
I get that they had to finish the MCC and had around a year and somethings to get Halo 5 on the shelves but they decided to go with it and now there is no option to even patch it in in the future without a major engine rewrite.
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>332918602
>especially harem ecchis
>>
>>332920138
yes. Of course yes. Otherwise it'd be full retard.
>>
Halo 5 has some significant problems, most of it on how 343 handles matchmaking and decisions they made regarding content to be (un)released in the game. The game was genuinely released unfinished, which I'm not a fan of. Also, that change in the aiming system was just weird, especially at launch (now look acceleration makes it more bearable). The other big complaint I have is how awful their ranking system is - a one way competitive system? That seems really odd to me. I know you can go down within divisions, but it's weird you can't go to diamond <- onyx

That being said, there are some great parts to the game. More technical skills are nice. The weapon balance is the best its ever been. Overall, the actual gameplay itself is arguably the most solid in the franchise, however the management by 343, while better than H4's, still leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>332920743
Oh yeah, 343 definitely didn't handle H5 perfectly. Forge at release should have been a thing, along with split screen and infection. But in my eyes anyway, even despite this the game is fantastic, and the multiplayer is no doubt the best it's ever been. It is a fantastic game. Not perfect though.
>>
>>332917197
>but all this talk of exclusives mean nothing if the games run like shit

That's not the point anon. The point is, non-exclusive games are still games.
>>
Its a good game they just need to fire their art director
>>
>>332917110
>The skill gap in 343 Halo got raped, virtually non existent.

That's some of the dumbest shit I've heard in relation to Halo 5.

>>332916823
>>332916624
I dunno, I've found myself with lots to play. More so on other platforms, but Halo 5 and Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and a few others are nice exclusives. That and the Games with Gold have actually been great. D4 (RIP), Rayman Legends (amazing), Tomb Raider Definitive, Child of Light, KI, etc.

Hoping for some more games I guess but even as a GwG + Halo machine it's not bad. Great controller, shit console UI though.

>>332920743
I think they did a reasonable job of handling post-release content though; they were open about it not all being there at launch since DEADLINES, but monthly updates and constant community feedback has been nice.

New maps for free keep stuff fresh, the fact that they came out and gave a whole lot of more control and customisation options (never once seen that in a console release) after launch is fairly in touch with their playerbase. Agreed on weapon balance, it's spot on.

Wish you could see which playlists were more populated than others, and maybe better way to do rotating playlists.
>>
>>332916345
Pretty much this. The game itself is mediocre but when compared to the rest of the Bone's pitiful library it's great.

To a man stranded in the desert, even the most rancid damp patch is like a glass of refreshing water.
>>
Dont get me wrong, I love halo, but something just throws me off in the campaign

> 2 females in blue team
That I can understand. They were in the spartan 2 program and have some attributes that overtake John and Fred, like Kelly being fast and Linda being a better sniper

> 2 females in fireteam Osiris
Why in the fuck? These bitches barely have a back story to become spartan 4's in the first place. Buck and Locke at least have something to go off of but fuck man there are 2 girls because muh diversity. Vale I guess has the ability to speak alien but Tanaka doesn't have anything to contribute other than dumb comments. It doesn't help that she's a nigger as well
>>
>>332916674
>its sjw shallow anime tier garbage anyway.
Holy mother of god that's a lot of buzzwords.
>>
>>332918068
I already played all those games and all those maps and H5 campaign is actually designed for 4 people
>>
>>332916016
5 is much worse than 4. 4 is at least playable.
>>
>>332916016

>did they fire all those people they hired who "hated halo"?

Everyone at 343i hates Halo. It was founded by people who hate Halo. They've been shitting on it's legacy since their inception.
>>
Halo 5 is my most played Halo since Halo 3. The multiplayer is great. Usually I play the campaign of games and give multiplayer a couple chances, but in this case, I've only played like half the campaign but am Level 40 in multiplayer
>>
>there are people who are honestly so buttmad they'll call halo 4 the worst console game ever

It may not be as good as most of the other halo game but it's still an 8/10 title at worst, there are literally thousands of worse games.
>>
Halo 5 was the worst Halo game and the biggest disappointment of last year. I won it in a competition and I still regret the time I spent on it.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks combat evolved is worse then 4, and is the worst mainline halo game?

I had as much fun playing ce back in the day as anyone else but campaign wise I don't think it's aged well: it's story is paper thin compared to later titles, with only 4's being worse due to how much it fucked shit up, and the missions themselves are all very corridor-y repetitive and the later missions even reuse the levels just with a few things here and there changed. There's also way less sandbox and enemey variety then later titles.

MP wise, it suffers from not having the huge amount of modes and modularity that later games have. even 4 I'd argue beat's it out just because it does have forge and it has a ton of settings you can adjuist.
>>
>>332926395
>>332924745
I'm interested in hearing what makes you say that.
>>
>>332926624
I disagree, but because I think Halo 4 had the best story of all the numbered Halo games. The character driven plot made it a fantastic play for me. And the campaign of 4 was like a better 3, with massive setpieces and unique gameplay in parts. The broadsword in 4, coupled with the sabre in reach make for my favourite moments in Halo.
>>
File: 1430204732606.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430204732606.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
>>332916016
You have to remember that Halo 4 had 3 problems going into it. 1 is they needed it to continue the trend that Reach sadly brought to the table, including alien voices, REAL GRITTY HALO GAME, and stupid shit like sprint (thank god no armor abilities). It was also the time of Don Matrick, who wanted then to try and casualize and make games more appealing, so it did have stupid shit like a couple QTEs that feel so out of place. 3 was you have to remember for most of the people at 343 it was their first Halo game to make themselves. So the game was a bit linear at times, and also the Promethean areas were very repetitive and dragged on too long (a problem of the first Halo game, where the second half of the game is mostly just the same areas used again to pad the game out).

I do think Halo 5 is a fantastic game. However it's not really "Halo" to me anymore, I don't feel it's the same series. That said, I absolutely love the direction it's going in, so I'm happy with it. Sort of like a "It's not a good Halo game, but a great game on its own right" sort of situation.

>>332926624
Actually after replaying all the games numerous times as of late, I would agree. halo 4 is a better game then CE nowadays. Back in the day CE was the fucking shit for me. But you really notice the flaws now. It just goes to show that while 2 was somewhat unfinished, the game really was a MASSIVE improvement over CE, and is probably my favorite game in the series.
>>
>>332927060
>I think Halo 4 had the best story of all the numbered Halo games. The character driven plot made it a fantastic play for me

The problem with 4's story is it shit's all over john and cortana's established personalities and backstories from the novels, if you haven't read them I can see why you might think it's good though.
>>
>>332916016
>more losses than wins

fucking loser unacceptable shit
>>
>No split screen ANYTHING

It's pretty good, not amazing.
>>
The only Halo game that was ever worth a shit was Halo Wars
>>
>>332927618
Yeah well I did play it without any book knowledge. I will concede, that if I knew the characters better when I first played it I probably wouldn't like 4s story so much. But as a standalone game, Halo 4 definitely has the best story out of any shooter I've played. Maybe it would have done better as a plot in a reach like spinoff.
>>
>>332927170
Yeah I agree for the most part. Halo 5's Warzone experience feels like a very different game to Blood Gulch on CE. It isn't a classic Halo game. But, at the same time as that, this is the direction Halo had always been taking, the move to faster gameplay, even if it was coming slowly. Reach did it, then 4 then Warzone is basically just a remake of Halo 4's Big Team Infinity Slayer with some extra strings. So I mean to me Halo 5 feels like a Halo game but only because the bridge was kind of there. And it isn't like Halo 5 went Call of Duty or Titanfall (thank god for that).
>>
>>332927060
>With massive setpieces
Nigga 3 had much bigger and better setpieces than 4. Nothing in 4 even comes close to "TWO SCARABS, I REPEAT, TWO SCARABS"
>>
I actually went back to Destiny after some time with 5 and I'm enjoying it much more. My opinion doesn't matter much though because Halo Reach is my favorite Halo so I guess I have bad taste.
>>
>>332927908
>super scarab mission
yah no thanks
>>
>>332929686
Environmental setpieces then. Nothing in a numbered Halo has been larger than shutdown.
>>
>>332926807
I'm >>332924745

Game is balanced around Warzone and non-Warzone modes are practically ignored
Campaign is god awful in a franchise that's always had decent stories, somehow managing to make Blue Team annoying
Practically no new weapons or vehicles that you can use
Warzone bosses are just Destiny bosses (upscaled and redecorated normal enemies with a bunch of instant kill abilities)
Movement system is buggy and impractical but also necessary because of the half assed map design
Jumping and sliding feels awful and carries no weight
Colors are overly saturated, Spartans look like toys, armors are fucking shit

Should I keep going?
>>
>>332930386
>Game is balanced around Warzone
No. That's just fucking wrong and you know it.
>Campaign is godawful, somehow managed to make blue team annoying
Blue Team was completely fine, but I can agree with you on the campaign being bad for the most part.
>Pratically no new weapons or vehicles
There were enough to make them feel fresh, and a lot of the other weapons got rebalanced to make them useful. You can actually do work with the Storm Rifle now.
>Warzone bosses are just Destiny bosses
I mean, how would you have done bosses?
>Movement system is buggy and impractical
That's factually wrong
>Jumping and sliding feels awful and carries no weight
Again, wrong
>Colors are overly saturated, Spartans look like toys, armors are fucking shit
Don't bitch about colors, the game actually looks better than how Reach and 4 did which were desaturated to hell and back. And the armors are a straight upgrade from 4's godawful selection.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.