[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you miss instruction manuals, /v/?.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: BAK.png (638 KB, 562x689) Image search: [Google]
BAK.png
638 KB, 562x689
Do you miss instruction manuals, /v/?.
>>
No, why would I? But I do miss manuals that pretended to be in-universe.
>>
yes I used to read them in school to hype me up for a new game I got
>>
I miss smelling and sniffing them
>>
>Game still runs like dogcrap
>Manual? Shit explains every possible thing you can do in the first fight basically
>>
I miss manuals in the style of Oblivion's that told you how to play the game but also gave you a fuckload of info about the game's universe.
>>
>>332914472

Any good example?.
>>
File: warcraft 2 orgrim doomhammer.jpg (146 KB, 500x597) Image search: [Google]
warcraft 2 orgrim doomhammer.jpg
146 KB, 500x597
I remember having the Warcraft 2 manual on a shelf in my bathroom to study whenever I took a shit. Some excellent reading material there.

I miss when orcs looked like this.
>>
>>332914657
Sierra's quests often had them, like Manhunter manual and Space Quest's Popular Techtronics.
>>
>>332913986
I really do. The ones for the command & conquer games were great. Used to read the one for generals while shitting. Those were the days.
>>
>>332913986

Sort of. I don't need controls explained to me, tutorial prompts do that job way better, but I miss games coming with printed extra material. I think companies should just make lore-filled artbooks of every game and put them into the thingy where the manual would have normally been.
>>
I miss cloth maps
>>
>>332913986
i used to know a fruitcake who, used to throw them away after reading them as you would any other manual. strange people.
>>
There's no reason for them to exist. I'd rather have mini art books or something.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.