[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come and play Quake Live ! Its for free and basically the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1350898249_a7b6501a2e_b[1].jpg (515 KB, 1024x931) Image search: [Google]
1350898249_a7b6501a2e_b[1].jpg
515 KB, 1024x931
Come and play Quake Live ! Its for free and basically the same like Quake 3 ;)
>>
>Its for free
not anymore lad
you can get it for free if you played previously though, I think
>>
play with who LOL?
>>
>>332912987
is this the famous quake game with "chain gun" and loadouts?

i guess i'll pass
>>
>>332912987
play nexuiz instead
>>
File: GoldenLaughResize.jpg (312 KB, 1230x521) Image search: [Google]
GoldenLaughResize.jpg
312 KB, 1230x521
>>332912987

>Quake Live
>not UT4
>>
>>332913813
there is only ut3
>>
File: 1450090604266.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450090604266.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>332912987
BUT I WANT TO LIKE THE DOOM BETA
>>
>>332913591
It has the chaingun, but no loadouts unless they changed it since i last played.
>>
>>332913974
The last time I played Quake Live, they had recently added the "Heavy Machine Gun" which was a fast-firing hitscan gun with somewhat randomized spread. They also had "Loadouts" where you could choose to start with 2 weapons with very low ammo.

I'm assuming both of those changes had a lot of people up in arms even though any high-skilled players would still completely destroy anyone new to the game.
>>
>>332912987
>loadouts
>LOADOUTS (aka: use rockets faggot)
>shit cross-continent netcode
>premium bullshit
>now straight up costs money

Nah.
>>
>>332914308
Now that i think about it i do remember people talking about that after i quit. I stopped playing when they changed the announcer, made it so you can bunnyhop with spacebar and started you with a rocket launcher.
The devs really have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>332914557
Personally, I don't think lowering the skill floor by allowing players to start with 5 rockets or automating bunnyhops would change anything about the pro scene. Besides that, Ranked play disables loadouts and the HMG anyway.
>>
>>332914723
>would change anything about the pro scene
I'm not in the fucking pro scene. The amateur scene sucks now, and that's why I stopped playing.
>>
>>332914723
I dont care about the pro scene though since i'm not in it. I didnt mind bunny hopping much since strafe jumping is hard for beginners, but starting with a rocket was just stupid.
>>
>>332913591
No more loadouts.
>>332913813
I want to like this game but movement seems clunky and complicated compared to QL help me
>>
>>332914308
They basically reverted that and the whole model.

It used to be F2P with many restrictions or suscription based. Hard to make dedicated servers.

Now its a one time payment if you never played while it was free, and you get to do everything.

Basically a better Quake 3 at this point
>>
>tfw the last quake 3 cpma server in Australia shut down recently
>>
File: IDDQD.jpg (70 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
IDDQD.jpg
70 KB, 500x671
>Finger this girl with one finger
>See her tattoo
>Qu... Da...
>What was that, anon?
>Insert second finger
>Qua... Dam...
>What are you saying?
>Insert third finger
>H-hey! Not so rough!
>Quad... Damage...
>What? What are you saying? Stop it, you're hurting--
>QUAD
>DAMAGE
>Shove all four fingers up her cunt and press my thumb on her clit
>Hand-fuck her like I'm shoving a bloody shovel up her cunt
>QUUUAAAD
>DAAAMAAAGE
>She explodes
>Mfw
>>
>>332920729
EPIC
SIMPLY EPIC
Post this on reddit so that someone might actually laugh at it.
>>
>>332921140
Thanks for the upvote, mi familia :^)
>>
>>332914505
They basically said
>fuck it we're reseting everything
And they removed all the f2p shit and loadouts
>>
I thought Loadouts would have been fine if they just left out the big three, Lightning, Rocket and Rail from the list. You'd have to pick them up.
Your spawn pick would be the MG, Plasma, Shotgun and Grenade.
Maybe whatever other weapons Live added.
>>
>basically the same like Quake 3
Why would I play something like Quake 3 when I can still play actual Quake 3? Why do people settle for cheap substitutes these days when you can easily play the real deal. There are active servers still up senpai.
>>
>anytime Quake Live is brought up, retards who don't even play video games but like to complain talk about HMG and loadouts, even though they later has practically not been in the game since it's inception
It was obvious that server hosts were going to not include those things if they didn't want them, there were plenty of servers without them when they first were introduced. Duel always didn't have these changes by default. The only game mode that was really effected was FFA, but I haven't seen a FFA match with loadouts in quite a while.

>>332924502
Quake Live has subtle changes, such as netcode and rail damage, that make it a bit better than 3, so calling it a "cheap substitute" is just silly. It's much easier to find matches in QL as well.
>>
File: 13512632421.jpg (71 KB, 600x527) Image search: [Google]
13512632421.jpg
71 KB, 600x527
Bueno
>>
>>332925374
>such as netcode and rail damage
QL is still 80 damage though? It's been 80 since quake 3. Quake 2 was the only game with 100 damage rails.
>>
>>332928178
http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Railgun_%28Q3%29
>>
>>332928665
Holy shit my life has changed forever.
>>
it's not free
>>
>>332918550
it's a shame reflex isn't gameplay feature complete yet. just need no timers, ammo boxes, armour 'upgrade' coefficient (i.e. 50 green + 150 red = ~180 red). in my mind those wouldn't seem so hard to implement
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.