[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are you updating to Windows 10, /v/? It's the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Windows10-TheSteamOS.png (148 KB, 964x980) Image search: [Google]
Windows10-TheSteamOS.png
148 KB, 964x980
When are you updating to Windows 10, /v/? It's the most popular OS on Steam. Your privacy concerns are unfounded as the OS can be stopped from doing those things. What's stopping you from moving to the next era in video gaming operating systems?

>http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
>>
There are literally no benefits.
>>
>Your privacy concerns are unfounded as the OS can be stopped from doing those things.

nice try Schlomo, you ain't getting my data
>>
>>332913487
This happens every W10 thread.

What do you people have to hide?
>>
>>332912138
Fuck off, Touko.
>>
File: 1450681384030.gif (549 KB, 720x534) Image search: [Google]
1450681384030.gif
549 KB, 720x534
>It's a "Hey /v/ why aren't you using Windows 10?" episode
>>
>your privacy concerns are unfounded

no they aren't. that being said, if you won't upgrade because of privacy concerns but you still use windows or osx you are a fucking retard because microshit and the NSA are mining all your data from 10, 8, or 7, it doesn't matter. If privacy is a concern then use arch or debian or something. Windows is for using actual commercial software, linux is for muh freedoms.
>>
>>332913697
Windows 7 telemetry can be surgically removed since it was added in via updates. Not so much for 10
>>
>>332913768
Can I see the source code?
>>
>>332913578
I don't live the idea of people profiting from consumer spying, I want this idea to die.
>>
W10 is a buggy piece of shit

I own a Surface Pro 3 which is Microshit's own fucking hardware and since upgrading it has racked up the following bugs:

>Disk read speeds sometimes slow down to single bytes per second
>Windows Driver Foundation is a program that runs almost constantly, can't be killed and uses 100% CPU, causing the tablet to heat up until it starts to throttle. The program does nothing except supposedly send your data to MS.
>Occasionally when the keyboard is disconnected or reconnected the computer reboots instantly, losing any unsaved work.
>One update contained the wrong wi-fi drivers, so I had to uninstall it, download the right drivers on another computer and move them over on a USB stick
>The menu that you swipe in from the right occasionally doesn't work at all
>Keys constantly get stuck in the software so the computer thinks your alt key is held when it's not etc.

Basically it's shit and I wish I never had bought this piece of junk.
>>
>>332912138
>It's the most popular OS on Steam
only because microsoft is trojan horsing that shit onto peoples pcs.

also
>>332913037
>>
File: 1.png (803 KB, 944x649) Image search: [Google]
1.png
803 KB, 944x649
>>332913697
He's perfectly right you know.

If you're the kind of kid spouting "m-muh praivaciyyyyy blyat" in every single thread, while using Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / or anything made by Micro$oft whatsoever you're a fucking retard. Period.

There's no "b-but i did l33t h4ck3r registry tricks, telemetry is off !", do you think it's enough to stop the PEOPLE THAT MADE THE FUCKING OS YOU'RE USING to spy on you ? Fucking retard. As long as you're using Micro$oft product, you're getting spied one way or another. And there's no way around that.

tl;dr : If you spout "muh privacy" and you use a Linux distrib, fair enough. If you spout "muh privacy" while running Steam and browsing Facebook on your Windows installation, you're a fucking stupid motherfucker and should shut your bitch ass mouth.
>>
>>332912138

>new
>good
>has no downsides
>FREE, even to pirates

Does the regular pc user really not find anything weird about this?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.