[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone actually enjoying the new Doom beta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 22
File: doom.webm (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
doom.webm
3 MB, 400x224
Is anyone actually enjoying the new Doom beta?
>>
>>332911897
No. It's lacklustre and nowhere near as exciting as that .gif implies
>>
File: 1455998398153.jpg (146 KB, 380x540) Image search: [Google]
1455998398153.jpg
146 KB, 380x540
>>332912082
>.gif
>>
>>332911897
Am I the only one that noticed in snap map there's a mode that's just like cod zombies you can use in your maps
>>
It's passable. The single player is all I care about.

Also out of the small amount of weapons, only a few are worth using.
>>
>>332911897
No.
I'm having more fun on Unreal tournament Alpha.
>>
>>332912137
They announced it a while ago you baka.
>>
>>332912129
Woops I made a booboo. The case still stands, the multiplayer is disappointing.
>>
Not really, after the first hour it gets boring. The whole thing is just lackluster.
>>
>>332911897
Yes. The movement speed is too slow and the FOV is too small but it's fun.

I'm not interested in the multiplayer though. I'll wait for Quake V Arena.
>>
>>332911897
it's not completely terrible
an arena shooter on training wheels is how I would describe it
>>
>>332912240
Yes but the mini modes in snap map look decent but copy other games blatantly, there's a literal cod zombies mode in doom , there should be mod support not just snap map cos snap map alone isn't that good, got boring in timesplitters
>>
>>332911897
Im wondering this as well.
Any anons in here care to tell us about your time in the beta.

I bought a PC last year for gaman but I found out Im a filthy casual that only enjoys FPS games.
So I've been having fun with Shadow warrior, GTA fps mode, Ark survival, and thats it.
Hoping to get at least ONE decent shooter to play this year.

Im seriously bored out of my mind with this PC.
I should have bought an XBONE instead and actually played some fucking games
>>
>>332912438
>, there's a literal cod zombies mode
Yeah call of duty invented that.
>>
>>332912449
Weak b8
>>
>>332912449
Xbone on gta v is shockingly bad, pop in like mad and lag spikes because of shit draw distance
>>
>>332912360
hnnnng
>>
>>332912486
You know what I mean though, it's daft as fuck
>>
Anyone have a spare key?
>>
>>332912360
>Quake V Arena

Quake is dead bruh
>>
FPS is a dying genre polluted by idiots who bandwagon old games but absolutely refuse to actually play them and help keep them alive.

This thread is full of people who will tell you how great Quake and Unreal are but don't even duel and likely play a few times a month if that.

Warsow tournament with over 50 players registered starts tomorrow morning, what are you going to be doing? Talking about how Arena FPS is dead while not playing them with the rest of us that do play?
>>
>>332912690
but you know how /v/ and video games go together.
>>
>>332912690
What if I only play the singleplayer
>>
>>332912690

>Duel
kek

Some people prefer objective based gameplay mate. Or they're the type of people to get into a TDM just to be middle of the board, because the workout getting there alone was fun.
>>
>>332912532

No really, Those are the only games I played since last year. I mean I played some other shit that didnt hold my interest very long

I just want to play a decent arena shooter that isnt filled with hackers or P2W
Any suggestions?
>>
>>332912790
Objective based gameplay is fucking garbage in Arena FPS though?

You know how the touhou fanbase has "primaries" and "secondaries"? You're a secondary FPS player if you don't duel.
>>
File: reflex.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reflex.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
>>332912360
>I'll wait for Quake V Arena.
just get reflex
>>332912449
>Im seriously bored out of my mind with this PC.
it's not like there have been dozens of great fps games in the last 20 years or anything
>>332912690
you know that isn't the sole reason though right? not everyone wants to take it so seriously with duel.
not a huge fan of warsow either but i'll try to catch it.
>>
>>332912534
>source
>my ass
>>
It's too slow. Way too slow. Slower than even something like Call of Duty. Aside from that I'm having fun. Shotgun could be more powerful but the weapons seem pretty balanced overall.

The BIG issue is the fucking awful music. There's no excuse for this wubstep noise.
>>
>>332912847

>touhou
Spoken like a true twitch faggot.
Unreal Tournament begs to differ and CTF is popular for a reason in Q3A
At the least play Clan War, Duels are boring and repetitive as fuck except for the participants (of whom are the 1%)
>>
>>332912891
>spoken like a true twitch faggot
What?

>unreal tournament begs to differ
Garbage game outside of duel. Ut2k4 pushed for objective based gameplay and it is quite literally one of if not the worst UT games. Coincidence? I don't think so.

>CTF popular in Q3A
Maybe in pub servers. That's like saying 16k 24/7 dust 2 is a serious mode in CS because that's what most pubs play.

>duels are boring and repetitive as fuck
Maybe if you're stupid.
>>
It's basically Halo for PC with Quake weapons and powerups. If you're a purist Doom fan, you probably won't like it. If you've been wanting a decent PC arena shooter, you'll probably love it. The beta itself is fairly restricted, but the full game should be pretty damn good. In the cracked Alpha there was a shit tonne of server options, such as damage modifiers, health modifiers, powerups on or off, demons on or off, and the ability to play against bots offline. Also a pretty decent range of graphics options, including an FOV slider.

I'm looking forward to the full game.
>>
File: 1459327013779.jpg (7 KB, 260x225) Image search: [Google]
1459327013779.jpg
7 KB, 260x225
>>332912972
>fov slider
>>
how do I play this
>>
>>332912964

>Discrediting pub servers
>Wonders why arena shooters are dead

lel
Technically no game is dead if you only count the private games
>>
>>332912972
>Halo for PC with Quake weapons and powerups

Isn't that Quake 4 mulitplayer?
>>
>>332913094
Duels aren't private games though? Anyone can join a duel server and sit in challenger queue.

Arena FPS is dead because new age casuals can't handle possibly blaming themselves for their loss and get too agitated to actually learn a game.

Why'd you delete your post anyway
>>
>>332912972
Really hope this is the case.

I havent had a game fill my shootan need in a while.
I like Halo and im not even mad about it, so the halo comparisons just make me want it even more
yassssss
>>
File: 1450518548577.jpg (131 KB, 672x658) Image search: [Google]
1450518548577.jpg
131 KB, 672x658
>Blast someone into pieces at point blank with the SSG
>It's incredibly unsatisfying

It applies to pretty much every weapon, but that fuck up in particular disappoints me more than everything else.
>>
>>332912847
>>332912964
>>332913161
shitters like you are why these games have such a negative stigma attached
>>332913238
gibs could be a little more impressive
>>
>>332913238
They have to balance the weapons to all be roughly equal in strength and utility because of the loadout system
>>
>>332912972 Here
The game is also vastly more enjoyable when listening to this on repeat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FcybvR6rA
>>
>>332913331
Yeah you're 100% wrong. I regularly duel with new players and teach them the ins and outs of Arena FPS. I offer to review their demos with them and teach them about duel theory. I'm very supportive and regularly turn new players into long term players.

Nothing what I said in my posts is wrong. People nowadays are too soft. They quit just because they get fragged the fuck out on. People would rather talk about how great Quake is even though they've never dueled a day in their life.
>>
Demon runes go from being totally useless if nothing is in sight to overpowered as fuck if you so much as make eye contact with someone
>>
>>332913421
>People would rather talk about how great Quake is even though they've never dueled a day in their life.

When I hopped on QW server for the first time in years I ended up going -2:47.
>>
>>332913568
Yeah, playing against better players tends to have that happen.

Which is why you duel again, and again, and again. A duel lasts 15 minutes, its not a long time. After a few hours of dueling you have tons of demos at your disposal to learn from on top of the gameplay you just played.
>>
Gauss Canon can fuck right off.

In fact as soon as you have any sort of map knowledge you can destroy the fuck outg of everyone, which is pretty much how it should be but you would think the matchmaking would take that into consideration. Yeah right lol.

Theres a complete lack of impact to pretty much all the guns, in Doom. In a Doom game the guns feel like shit. Having access to only two weapons means you need to have one ranged and one close up otherwise you will pretty much die if you end up being out of position, which happens alot because its a fucking Arena multplayer.

My biggest complaint so far is that it really really feels like Bloops 3. Double jumps, mantling and stupid kill animations. Its depressing as all fuck.Bloops 3 is even fucking faster.
>>
>>332913421
that's all well and good but most people don't give a fuck about the ins and outs of the game they just wanna jump in a game and blast other people
all it's gotta be is fun and the better the game the more fun it is
>>332913657
how many people will want to do that or consider it fun? your opinion isn't the be all end all on quake try getting off your high horse sometime and just maybe you'll find some people to play with
>>
>>332911897
Feels like it needs to be at least 20% faster
People should die faster
With a gun that is semi-hard to hit with like that it should two hit people at the most
>>
>>332913421
Ive been looking for some fun arena shooters to play.

You seem like you know whats up. Care to name a few suggestions.
Is warface any good?
>>
>>332913957
Reflex is fun, also has defrag now like strafe jump maps.
>>
>>332913998
>Reflex
Fucking nice, this is what im talking about.
Seriously name a couple more.

Only played about 5 games total last year and im fucking dying of boredom
>>
>>332913914
You're literally proving my point right at this point. Arena FPS is a dying genre because people are too casual to actually learn how to play a game.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

>>332913957
Quake Live is still pretty incredibly active, hovers around 1k players, so plenty of new blood to play against.

Reflex is OK. Not too innovative but its new which is always nice.

I personally love Warsow, which is free.

HLDM is pretty good, too. I've started playing this one recently.
>>
>>332912852
>reflex
>early access
>years of development
>looks like something you could knock up in unity in a week
>doa
>>
>>332914119
ty anon
Been asking around the board where I could get my FPS fix from. (new to pc duh)
They all laugh at me and tell me to go back to consoles

Seriously ty again
>>
>>332914119
>Arena FPS is a dying genre because people are too casual to actually learn how to play a game.

Mobas have way more to learn and are a million times as popular. What is there to learn in arena fps?

1. learn timings
2. win game

They're simple as hell, and therefore boring
>>
>>332914368
I'm not sure what authority you have to say Arena FPS are that simple. In fact I'm 100% sure you're complete shit at arena FPS if you think timing is even close to that important.

Hit me up once you have even a basic understanding of duel theory.
>>
>>332914119

It's not people are casual, it's that people aren't both interested in intimate knowledge of a game's systems AND having the absurd level of dexterity to back it up at the same time.

You either get people interested in strategy because you don't need to focus on 360 flailing or you get people who just want to stomp shit with flick shots.

Arena shooters fail to appease both. The weapon and mechanic variety is too shallow for strategists to play despite their lack of agility and the flailing spazzes that just want to be da bes move to where the population is to get people's shit kicked in for fun. The only people left in arena FPSes are the people who can do both autistic level awareness of a game's smallest details and twitch shoot, so it's a venn diagram of a ven diagram.
>>
>>332914441

>Only 9 weapons
>Jump an Shoot with no firing control necessary

Nah mate.
Q3 for most maps is just learning the SJ railroads.
>>
>>332914441
Go on, tell me what depth of strategy there is in duel compared to dota or starcraft
>>
File: 1459369848245.png (193 KB, 316x346) Image search: [Google]
1459369848245.png
193 KB, 316x346
>enjoying

HOW COULD ANYONE ENJOY THIS SHIT

I PLAYED FOR LIKE TWO HOURS AND THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE

IT'S NOT DOOM

IT'S NOT FAST

IT'S NOTHING

I THOUGHT THE WHOLE "DOOM IS HALO XDDD" WAS A MEME, BUT NO, IT'S THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, IT PLAYS LIKE HALO, HELL IT'S EVEN SLOWER THAN HALO, IT'S BASICALLY HALO

THE FOV IS SHIT
THE GAME IS CAPPED TO 60 FPS AND ACCORDING TO RUSSIANS IT'S RUNNING IN ALL LOW

IT'S AWFUL
>>
>>332914484
Your knowledge of arena FPS games is so fucking limited yet you act so sure of what you're saying its actually making me cringe.

Your opinion is literally a carbon copy of an outside observer to arena FPS games who hasn't sunk more than at least a dozen hours into one.
>>
>>332913957
warsow
reflex
new UT
toxikk
quake live quake etc
tribes i guess but it's not really arenas and midair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrlw5nebJ0
>>332914119
it's really mostly that they don't want to play with elitists like you actually
>>332914212
it's been in EA for 1 year and gets updates almost weekly unlike some games that are stuck in EA limbo forever
it's not unity either if that was what you were implying
>>332914543
>>332914614
there is a lot more to it obviously but very few people care especially these days
>>
>>332914614
Since you're new to arena FPS, feel free to enjoy this beginners tutorial to the basics of duel theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qOAv2yvv9E
>>
>>332914646

>Lying right off the bat
No. No.
see >>332914543

There is literally nothing to arena shooters beyond The Edge, which is getting the timing of spawn timers just right, and memorising whatever map might turn up in the rotation. That's it.
You learn how to play well on one map it's over. No model swap or weapon in a particular situation changes that.
There is nothing smart or intelligent with muscle memory.
>>
>>332914641
Halo was so fun
>>
>>332914693
New players absolutely adore playing with me, someone already tried to pull that card. I teach new players everything they need and then some. I offer to watch their demos with them to help them learn. I spectate them and try to set them on the right path, pointing out any mistakes. I teach them how to properly move. I'm far from an elitist, I just tell the truth like it is.
>>
>>332914693
It might not be in unity but it looks and performs like it is
>>
>>332914736
Your opinion now sounds like one of someone who got raped in a duel and didn't know what to do.

When you're in control of the duel, it can get a little samey. Its the things you do when out of control or trying to gain control that spices up the duel and provides literally endless amounts of scenarios.

But you never actually played Arena FPS long enough to experience that. You got spanked a few times and gave up.
>>
>>332914641
>THE GAME IS CAPPED TO 60 FPS AND ACCORDING TO RUSSIANS IT'S RUNNING IN ALL LOW

So now even 60 fps is too low to play a game?
Whats next everything under 120 is totally unplayable ?
>>
>>332914904
FPS games running below 120Hz is pretty fucking cancerous yeah.
>>
How does it compare to the alpha? Weapons change at all or is it still roughly the same.
>>
>>332914904
>So now even 60 fps is too low to play a game
Are you McFucking serious? People prefer playing with 100+ FPS for fifteen years.
>>
>>332914904
Locking fps is a sign of a direct console port. There is no excuse to lock fps on a pc.
>>
>>332914904
Twitchy arena shooters actually do do well with more than 60 fps, yes
I can't think of another genre that requires above 120 fps tho, maybe super fast racing games
>>
>>332914886

nigga go play CS if you're such hot shit
Because CS has bested Quake for quite some time now.
C'mon, let's hear some excuses why CS isn't better. Because it does offer more weapon variety and requires more from you with firing control, since accuracy isn't 100% 24/7

You have zero arguments supporting, so you just resort to insults. There is absolutely nothing to argue because you cannot learn how to be more dexterous, it is physically not possible for people to compete equally with twitch shooting, so games have proven you need mechanics to bring it down a notch so you can attempt to bring strategy and tactics into it as well.

In arena shooters you have no tactics, you have the meta. And that meta says gear first, kill after.
>>
>>332915001
>above 120 fps
Above 60
>>
>>332914904
I DON'T THINK YOU'RE GETTING MY POINT KID

MY POINT IS THAT IF THE GAME IS CAPPED IN ALL LOW AND YOU CAN'T ACCESS ADVANCED OPTIONS THEY OBVIOUSLY GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE

COUPLE THAT WITH THE GAME LOCKED AT 60 FPS AND YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS THAT IT WILL RUN LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT WHEN RELEASED
>>
>>332915025
>Because CS has bested Quake for quite some time now.
That's only because shit players can still get frags if they get lucky. In Quake if you are shit you are bottom feeder.
>>
>>332915025
I play CS all the time. I actually pugged all night and only stopped because I play like shit when incredibly tired and I'm not too eager to ruin my beautiful stats. Comparing CS, a team based tactics FPS, to Arena FPS, a 1v1 duel based FPS, is pretty silly.
>>
>>332912129
Just posting here to say that I made that "Poor Little Doomguy" picture and it's nice to see it still around. That is all.
>>
>>332914812
Yeah but it had good maps, vehicles and shit. D44M got none of that. It's bad. It's boring. It's plain. It's slow.
>>
>>332912240
>baka
Whoah there, buddy, no need to be rude.
>>
>>332915073
>>332915084

>I have no arguments the posts
Exactly
>>
>>332915025
>>332915084
Also the fact you think "twitch reflexes" play such a huge part in Arena FPS that aim alone will carry you is ridiculous. Aim carries you farther in CS:GO than it does in Quake. Aim won't do shit for you if you're getting 2-shot every time you go for a power weapon.
>>
>>332915025
>>332915073
kek spot on
>>332914834
you obviously have no clue.
>>
>>332915139
You seem mad that I deconstructed your strawman.

Are you shit at CS too? Because honestly only someone shit at CS would try to compare it to quake.
>>
File: 1369134603252.gif (3 MB, 280x186) Image search: [Google]
1369134603252.gif
3 MB, 280x186
>>332911897
>wannabe q3 call of halo
Why would anyone want this in 2016? You have quake live which is superior in every aspect but graphics, if you want arena shooter, you have UT4 if you want slower arena shooter with graphics.

Where the fuck this abomination goes?
>>
>>332915152
This.
A good arena game is a game where someone with an aimbot or whatever doesn't immediately rape everyone in.

A good player would go for armor, weapon drops and still overpower them due to having more health to work with.
>>
>>332915139
CS is a casual game. It's an argument. Any 10 year old can pick up CS and get frags by pointing at enemies. In Quake they would get shit on repeatedly. Which is why CS was always pleb favorite. All you do is press W until you get a chance to spray at an enemy.
>>
>>332915209
>Where the fuck this abomination goes?
on consoles
>>
File: 1372667288595.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1372667288595.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
>>332914904
GET
OUT
KID
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97 KB, 600x634
Reminder that Gamestop is giving away free Doom Beta codes all throughout the weekend. All you have to do is ask for one and tell them what system you want it for (PS4, Xbone, PC). No pre-orders necessary. They're free.
>>
File: 1458635443461.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458635443461.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>332911897
It's alright for half an hour a time. But like many others, I only care for the single player.
>>
>>332914969
hello underage
>>
>>332915209

People had fun with Halo and Cod
That time is over now, maybe doom will step up
>>
Multiplayer is pretty barebones but mechanically it feels great IMO, thought i'm more interested about the singleplayer
>>
Why has nothing been shown of SP?
>>
>>332915862
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
>>
>>332911897
MOAR webm
Guys post, im stuck at work all weekend so i wont have a chance to pick up a beta key, let me live vicariously through your webms
>>
File: 14595479323820[1].jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
14595479323820[1].jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
What about that? I got that pic from russian imageboard.

Pic 1 - Closed Alpha
>>
File: 14595479323901[1].jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
14595479323901[1].jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>332916370
Pic 2 - Current version

Did they fucking downgrade that piece of shit even further? Single player was already downgraded comparing gameplay trailer and 18 min singleplayer footage, what the fuck?
>>
>>332912690
Know why that is? No matchmaking. I'd play duel all day if I didn't have to constantly wait for 2 niggers to finish playing for the CHANCE one of them stays. Fuck IRC. Fuck forums. I want a game when I want it.
>>
>>332911897
>tomato fucking ketchup everywhere on your face
>>
File: 1385516898707.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1385516898707.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>332911897
Why does he move so slowly in the video? Did the player forgot to toggle always run?
>>
>Regenerating Health
>2 Guns
>Halo movement speed
>""""""arena""""" shooter
>>
>>332911897
>playable TOOT
damn, this game might be alright
>>
>Tfw didn't get in
>>
>>332918359
That is the defult speed.
And it is fucking hideous, the haste power-up speed should have been the default
>>
File: 1467026-deck16_1.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1467026-deck16_1.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
I used to play UT99 1v1 all the time, but I felt these games took the wrong direction so I stopped. nothing tops deck16 duels for me. there's too much bullshit in shooters now...progression, skins etc, all just distractions from what actual matters.
>>
it's babbies first arena fps
>>
i played about 4 hours of the closed alpha.
i've had my fill of the multiplayer.
>>
The game feels like it was made for PvE not PvP.
I hope the full version includes co-op or a horde mode, that'd be far better than deathmatch.
>>
>>332911897

The game has to be terrible because DSP loves it.
>>
>>332917062
I agree with this.
Fuck server system, it's shit.
>>
>>332921004
looking forward to how not to play doom desu
has he gone back and played the originals yet?
>>
It's basically Gaylo right? Sure looks like it, please tell me it's not fucking halo with demons instead of ayyliums
>>
>>332921163

>has he gone back and played the originals ye

no, as far as i know. but he brags how much of a pro he was at arena shooters back in the day.
>>
>>332921302
It's not halo.
Well apart from the armour which looks like what the shit in halo should look like instead of the wetsuits 343 made.
>>
>>332911897
Actually yes, it's better than what I expected. That said, there's still issue.
>Loadout are a failure and mess up the balance completely, making some weapon feel underpowered as fucj
>Announcer is like your uncle Henry at a Biochemistry thesis: He sounds bored and sounds like he doesn't know exactly what he is doing there
>>
>>332921358

was meant for >>332921193
>>
>>332911897

That looks pretty fun
>>
File: 9f5.gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
9f5.gif
400 KB, 488x519
Where can I find a key? Local Gamestop doesn't have any.
>>
Yes. It's great. Maps are excellent and game-play is pretty fast paced.
>>
Either everyone is shit at this game or I'm just finding the wrong people because fuck just having the Super Shotgun and Lightning gun as my loadout results in me getting 30 kills with like 3 deaths.
>>
>>332922010
I can't figure out the sweet spot for the super shotty but when you git gud with the rocket launcher it's nothing but kills galore.
>>
the game is alright so far, I just don't like the hack system in it
>>
>>332911897
No.
Uninstalled it after 30 minutes.
Pretty much nothing has changed since the alpha.
Runs like shit, no fov slider, settings are locked out so you can't even try to make it not run like shit, for some fuck all reason it keeps launching on my second monitor and changes it's resolution to 360p every time.
The gameplay isn't fun either, would rather play the new unreal tournament.
>>
>>332922732
>run like shit

Then you're shit out of luck kid because the BETA was confirmed to run all in low.
>>
>>332922732
lol my cpu is 7 years old, my gpu is 5 years old, and I'm averaging 52fps. Not only are you talking shit, but you're obviously shit at the game as well.
>>
How is UT going btw?
>>
>>332914212

I was about to say - that character design is uninspired at best. It's like Babbys first Hard Surface modelling tutorial.
>>
>>332922797
I don't believe that.
Post processing and and other gay effects are still on. Can't even turn AA off.
It runs way better than the alpha which was 20-30 fps for me now it's 40-50 fps. But that's still shit.

>>332923079
Nice shillpost todd.I can run the new UT on max settings 60fps no problem. The new UT also looks way better than this piece of shit.
And the gameplay is shit, it's slow, it's bandering to cod fags with shitty cosmetics, there is definitely some hidden mouse smoothing turned on. The new doom is console trash and anyone trying to protect it is a faggot.
>>
>>332923176
I like it, but the time between matches from playing to playing should be shorter. Most of the maps are still WIP and only have simple textures and shapes. Leveling system is a retarded thing. UT doesn't need that.
>>
File: 1459052403111.png (291 KB, 540x672) Image search: [Google]
1459052403111.png
291 KB, 540x672
>>332923394
>And the gameplay is shit
lol
>it's slow
LOL
>it's bandering to cod fags with shitty cosmetics
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I can see it now
>I-IT'S SLOW!1
Is gonna be the go-to meme on this game. Not that it'll change how fun the game is but hey, gotta complain about something huh?
>>
File: 1459136766912.png (323 KB, 624x957) Image search: [Google]
1459136766912.png
323 KB, 624x957
Still playing UT99, Doom, and Quake with buddies and it's still as fun as ever.
And let's not forget all the awesome mods and maps all of those games have to play. Honestly, if someone says "classic FPS is dead", then they clearly haven't seen all of the content people are churning out for these games to this day.

Just ignore this blunder and stick to the hundreds upon hundreds of wads people have made. You know, the people who actually care about doom and know what made the original so great.
Even the "but it's old and always the same thing" excuse isn't viable when you have big gameplay changers out there like projectMSX, Samsara, Brutal Doom, DoomRPG, etc.
>>
>>332912129

Im just glad this piece of oc i made is still around
>>
>>332924197
You did good, kid.
>>
>>332911897
I couldn't care less about the multiplayer.

All I'm interested in is the singleplayer and the fact that we've only seen like 2 videos of that, both of which are heavily scripted, kind of worries me.

Oh well, at least I have Serious Sam 4 to look forward to.
>>
>>332923920
It's not slow in itself but it's too slow for this kind of FPS. There's nothing wrong with aiming, switching weapons, firing, the projectiles speed, etc. But the movement speed is too slow.

I always tend to want to press shift to sprint because it feels like I'm just walking fast
>>
>>332912690

>don't even duel

every expansion/sequel pack for Unreal and Quake III was based on team games like CTF or vehicle shit etc

duelist 1v1 fags were always the minority
>>
>>332912964

>serious mode
tryhard mlg detected
>>
>>332914119

>1k players
>Incredibly active

aka dead basically
>>
>>332914441

>duel theory
lmao the neckbeard is so real
>>
>>332914886

>Here's how to win with Q3 for the average player
Camp red armour, camp rocket launcher, camp quad damage, camp all powerups

End of story, the rest is skill. Stop pretending like there's some massively complicated strategy to the game, there isn't.
>>
>>332923079
>>332923920

How much are they paying you? Where can I apply?
>>
>>332915862

It'll be an 8 hour generic CoD clone for consoles, but they need the PC crowd to hype the game

>No dedicated servers
>No modding tools
>Multiplayer is CoD/Halo now
>snap map trash
>>
>>332924054

Yeh but they're all running off 20 year old tech at this point

Imagine if they could all run off a new modern engine
>>
File: 1449709136349.gif (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449709136349.gif
206 KB, 500x281
>>332925796
>just camp all the pickups on the map simultaneously
>>
>>332927692

With bunny hopping it's pretty legit.
>>
>>332911897
>one hit melee kills

literally cod
>>
>>332928789
Melee attacks only do about 40 damage, you can only perform executions if enemies are already on low health.
>>
Yes. It's as close as popular modern gaming gets to arena FPS.

I wish it didn't have an announcer though. That's just kind of insulting. A text message would be better.
>>
>>332912129
Glad to see my original content is being enjoyed here on /v/ to this day
>>
>>332929213
You aren't funny making a 4 hour old joke. Smh
>>
>>332915209
10/10 post
>>
File: 1459265689068.jpg (188 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1459265689068.jpg
188 KB, 480x640
>Code Of Conduct
>FOV 50 degrees
>Halo guys in shiny metal armors shooting their pew pew futuristic shiny metal energy rifles
>Crysis announcer

Even zandronum it better than this pile of dog shit.
>>
File: doom-guide-v6.png (3 MB, 1543x5500) Image search: [Google]
doom-guide-v6.png
3 MB, 1543x5500
>muh 1v1 duel
>muh overanalyzing debates to decide "once" and for all whether the game is hot shit according to some retard's opinions
Just hop in some silly modded CTF server with new custom maps and enjoy the game you dumb faggots.

>>332914693
I still enjoy Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for some team-based objective play. Or rather the source port etlegacy. It's pretty good and is still kicking.

>>332924054
Pic relevant. I guarantee to all of you that, from a newcomer perspective, the original Doom is a lot more enjoyable, considering all the extra content behind it, than what will come out. It will last a lot longer too. (after all we celebrated 20 year anniversary and new WADs are still being made). Also I bet the health-ammo economy aspect won't be in new Doom, it's all going to be "hurr we're badass shoot at everything with no consequences" full-scripted babby shit.
>>
>>332911897
All this made me want is an H-Doom version of this engine
>>
I kinda like the multiplayer DESU, not looking forward to single player though
>>
>>332914641
And yet you played for two hour
>>
>>332912129
>implying doom guy isn't the one who would be doing the fucking
>>
>>332925483
care to name some other 17 year old mp games with thousands active at any moment? besides 1.6 and bw
>>
File: enhanced-31041-1446647783-9.png (93 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-31041-1446647783-9.png
93 KB, 280x280
>>332911897
>Diet Quake with Piss Filter
>>
>>332932725
It's not like Quake or Doom at all.
I thought people were joking when they said it was made by the same devs as Halo's MP, but it's obvious that it's true.
>>
I think it's fun as hell. I can't wait to see what kinds of shit people will make in snapmap
>>
>>332928789
Takes 4 hits on a dude with no armor
>>
Wouldn't have bought it if not for this beta. Bitchin.
>>
Looking forward to the single player. But I hope for more modes in multiplayer. It's alright for a beta.
>>
>>332912852
reflex is shit and newborn is an idiot that can't balance weapons. they kept the lg shit for over a year and when they finally buffed it they made it with little knockback still. the community is retarded and just sucks on newborns ballsacks. the maps are shit especially tehace's and def's.

not to mention the community by large just mindlessly +forwards except a few.

the game is just a really bad version of cpm where mappers are really stupid and put loltrickjumps for fucking powerups.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.