[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/0 1/koei-tecmo-localizing-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: rotk13.png (376 KB, 554x302) Image search: [Google]
rotk13.png
376 KB, 554x302
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/01/koei-tecmo-localizing-romance-three-kingdoms-xiii/

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

/EAGG/ will be great again
>>
>>332908286
noice
>>
>>332908286
>koei
people of neo/v/ are so easily pleased.
>>
>>332908351
Dumb anti-KOEI poster
>>
>>332908286
quite unexpected.

Nice stuff
>>
neat
>>
I'm interested, but not as excited as I would have been after how much of a letdown Sphere of Influence was.
>>
Wu fags need not post
>>
>>332908286
>xiii
>>
File: Nobunaga's Ambition.jpg (232 KB, 600x752) Image search: [Google]
Nobunaga's Ambition.jpg
232 KB, 600x752
Is Nobunaga's Ambition any good?

I got it when it was on sale for $40 but I've been too busy to start playing it
>>
>>332908286
Never played ROTK before, will be interesting to see how it is.
>>
File: 1457982173186s.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1457982173186s.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>332908286
>KOEI
>PC
Oh boy somebody just doesn't learn...

>mfw Rottk XIII is regarded the worst title in the franchise by fans already, even worse than XII, having shitty reviews all over the place
>mfw the RPG part is just a copy pasted mess
>mfw the AI is completely incompetent
>mfw the strategy part has been gimped into oblivion
>mfw the best part of the game is the fancy 3D map
>mfw people are unironically looking forward to this
You faggots really buy anything just because its available right?
>>
File: 1458778449426.png (264 KB, 622x513) Image search: [Google]
1458778449426.png
264 KB, 622x513
>>332910159
>Koei games will forever be console locked if you don't want a fucked up version
I'm not sure what I feel anymore.
>>
>>332910310

>implying Japan gives a shit about the PC

o i am laffin
>>
>>332910159
inb4 people getting overly defensive because they can't handle the truth, since they're too desperate for a new Rotk
>>
SHU WEENIES PLEASE LEAVE
>>
>>332910351
I don't care if they care, all that matters is I care and I care which leads to disappointment.
>>
>>332910597

thats what you get for not having KOEI's favorite console, aka whatever Sony's latest system is
>>
>>332910141
Eh, not really.

There's hardly any need for diplomacy because the AI is retarded, the combat system itself is alright but since there's no tech or unit types or morale or anything of depth going on it all boils down to a numbers game, there's really nothing in the means of subterfuge, and the land development shit is extremely tedious and tiring because it's simple as fuck, slow, and basically the only thing to do in the game.

Like the only struggle I've ever had in the game is redeveloping certain lands after capturing them, because the AI does not give a single fuck and builds the most useless, stupid shit, and that's pretty much 90% of the gameplay.
>>
>>332910941
>There's hardly any need for diplomacy because the AI is retarded

Maybe if you're a scrub and play on easy difficulty settings and Mary Sue clans
>>
>>332911075
That's a plain lie btw, you literally can't win with the Uesugi for example in the Sekigahara example without thoroughly applying diplomacy and picking who you fight with carefully.
>>
>>332910406
Fuck you, Shu is the best kingdom.
>>
>>332911075
Even if you're playing on hard or with one of the random shitty clans with 5 shitty officers, it really does not take much time or effort to reach a point of critical mass where no clan or coalition can do a thing against you.
>>
File: ROTK13_Cover.jpg (641 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
ROTK13_Cover.jpg
641 KB, 905x1280
>>332908286
Shame it's going to follow the latest Nobunaga's Ambition game formula. Funny how who copies whom has been reversed this time.
>>
File: Yinping Xingcai.jpg (646 KB, 800x854) Image search: [Google]
Yinping Xingcai.jpg
646 KB, 800x854
>>332911205

Shu definitely has best girls

I want to impregnate Yinping
>>
>>332911214
Hard? Why aren't you playing on Extreme? Hard is just a slightly harder normal.

And yes, it does take effort. The Uesugi isn't even a "random shitty clan" in my Sekigahara example and it's definetely not a walk in the park to compete with the Tokugawa
>>
>>332911214
Also, even if this wasn't the case, the diplomacy shit like everything else is still extremely simple and easy to take advantage of.

>here's a shitty spear and a bit of gold for a few turns
>now we're basically lifelong friends until you randomly decide to betray me
>>
>>332908351
>confirmed never playing a ROTK game b4, it's the only thing they put effort in.
>>
>>332911347
>Also, even if this wasn't the case

backpedaling

>now we're basically lifelong friends

Completely false. The effect always runs out after a couple of months.
>>
>>332911205

Jin > Wei > Other > Shu >>>>>> Wu
>>
File: 1458270048582.jpg (73 KB, 370x412) Image search: [Google]
1458270048582.jpg
73 KB, 370x412
I love RotK but reading the impressions of XIII sort of kills my hype.

I'd murder for a properly translated version of X with the PuK though, only found barebones translation patches for it so far.
>>
>>332910159
>You faggots really buy anything just because its available right?

No, but now I can actually try it for myself instead of taking someone else's word for it like a drone
>>
>>332910159
You realize literally all ROTTK games are on PC, right? It's not my fault you can't read runes.
>>
>>332911659
It shouldn't be surprising to you that most of /v/ is too young to know that RotK/NA are PC centered with console ports.
>>
>>332908286
there is english fan patch which translated everything except conversations already
>>
>>332911328
nah the battle in RTK13 is similar to RTK12, only thing similar is the overworld map
>>
>>332911337
Hard, extreme, whatever. I played a game on extreme just for the hope I wouldn't have to redevelop everything, but the AI was still building nothing but Hachimangu and Hunting Grounds.

I've never played the Uesugi during the Sekigahara scenario, but even if you're telling the truth it doesn't reflect at all in my personal experience with the game. One example of one clan during a point in time where they were getting fucked doesn't mean much either.

>>332911491
>Completely false. The effect always runs out after a couple of months.
What? It's super easy to reach the 1 year alliance mark, and after that it's super easy to maintain relations until the inevitable random betrayal. Unless you mean the effect of gifting shitty items to them, which I've never noticed as needing more than 1 unless I'm stuck with a particularly shitty officer on diplomatic duty.
>>
>>332912204
>One example of one clan during a point in time where they were getting fucked doesn't mean much either.

That's fine. You can take any clan in that region. You can take the Azai in 1570 or in any other year, you can take the Honganji in any year, you can take the Akechi; you can take literally hundreds of clans in different scenarios as situations where diplomacy is necessary to win. It's not a fault of the game, it's yours.

>in my personal experience with the game

Of course it doesn't. But that's because you're obviously a scrub who has only played "a game on Extreme" and has no idea what he's talking about.

>What? It's super easy to reach the 1 year alliance mark

Sure, but that doesn't mean anything. "Random betrayals"also aren't "random" they happen when an ally lacks friendly relations with you and you expose yourself too much to him.

It's obvious you lack the experience in the game to make sufficient commentary on it; so stop misinforming people.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.