[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Doom audd.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Doom audd.webm
3 MB, 720x404
Doom thread.
>>
File: nudoom.gif (3 MB, 307x421) Image search: [Google]
nudoom.gif
3 MB, 307x421
shallow arena shooter on training wheels
>>
>>332897232
All it really needs is faster movement, no load outs, and no hack things
>>
>>332897556
would be a start but other things would need to change to accommodate those changes anyway
>>
I never got my gamestop.de key, did anyone else?
>>
i'm enjoying the beta so far

it does need to be faster, though

Armor customization is fun. 100% Dirt master race
>>
>>332898043
>>332898043
>>332898043
>>332898043
>>332898043
>>
I've noticed a few things.
>Haste is what it should constantly play like, I'm sure we can make this happen in Snapmap and they might even make a 'turbo' playlist eventually.
>No such thing as mega-health.
>You don't get a sense of community like you do with Quake, it's just like playing CoD except it isn't CoD. But this might be because I'm on PS4 and not PC.
>You can't rocket jump
>You don't get pushed around by weapon fire, not even the rocket launcher, not even the lighting gun
>Perks can be fun but it feels less competitive with it, maybe there should be a 'no perk' playlist.

I had some others but I forget.
>>
Does anyone have that image where they comprare the cyberdemons from doom 1 and doom 4?
>>
>>332899840
Haste and increased damage seem to barely come up when I play
>>
>>332896758
Burch thread
>>
Did they change double jumping slowing you the fuck down?
>>
>>332900258
One of the perks show you the spawn location and timer until it spawns if that helps. I think it's supply something but I don't know.
>>
I'm just glad I got into the beta
>>
>>332899840
>no sense of community in a game that hasn't officially released and is in closed beta

Well no shit sherlock.
>>
>>332900523
hungry for sausage?
>>
>>332900523
SAUSAGE MAN
>>
>>332900523
>>332900712
kek
>>
How does the beta invites work?
Because I got in somehow.
>>
>>332900657
Right but I was expecting at least some sort of "I like Doom, let's have fun."
But there was only two people on mic since the beta started and they were both saying how awesome the gore was for about 10 seconds, then went silent.
>>
>>332900523
Aw shit, where the sausage at?
>>
I'd probably only play it on PS4

FPSes are only good on consoles nowadays
>>
>>332901019
nah man

mouse controls > controller
>>
This looks so meh. Nothing in OPs file even suggests you are playing Doom.
>>
>>332900523
PAPA
>>
>>332899840
i'm not sure it should be haste speed all the time it's comparable to quake 3 without bunyhopping etc
you are right there is no community around it just hit matchmaking button and frag some faceless players for a while
there is no momentum or air control
>>
>>332896758
>Static Rifle and Lightning gun.
The tears are delicious
>>
>>332901225
Maybe because Doom never really had official MP like this before and there are no demons on screen
>>
>>332901497
worst weapons by far next to the vortex railgun thing
rocket + shotgun is by far the most efficient maybe all the weapons are balanced for console controls though
>>332901538
Besides the console ports Doom has always had multiplayer.
>>
>>332902092
Doom 1 and 2 never had official MP llike this
>>
>>332901436
>there is no momentum or air control
That's what it was, thank you.

It makes me wonder what the pc testers are getting, I want to know if it's the same but with mouse n keyboard or if it's really set up with decent options and menu's like quake has.
>>
>>332902092
I main the static rifle and shotgun.
I almost always come 1st, why is it poo?
>>
at least the multiplayer is fun from what I see

looks like halo and unreal had a baby
>>
>>332902657
Did you play Quake when it went to steam? it had this weird update for a while where there was loadouts and stuff. It is set up exactly like that but plays more like CoD+UT3
>>
>>332903094
didn't get a chance to

sounds fun though tbqh
>>
>>332903271
It is fun, I'm definitely buying it. It's just that it still isn't what I hoped for, but that's why Quake still exists.

I'll be playing both.
>>
Reminder that Gamestop is giving away free Doom Beta codes all through Sunday. All you have to to is walk in and ask. Xbone, PS4, and PC codes are available.
>>
>>332902279
obviously it was different 20 years ago people were using kali
>>332902624
damage output is higher/quicker and you can play very aggressively
>>332903094
>>332903271
>>332903406
the loadouts fucked quake live up it just turned every mode that had them into suicidal rocket spam Doom handles it better with more lenient spawns and homogenised weapon balance
if you want your real quake fix reflex is your best bet
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.