[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing saves thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: icri.png (166 KB, 309x289) Image search: [Google]
icri.png
166 KB, 309x289
Wake up faggots, story time.

>playing earthbound on emulator
>spends about 6 hours getting to the belch boss fight
>finally gets to belch bossfight
>tries to press esc to exit and save the game
>accidentally presses f1
>loads save state from when i started playing about 4 hours ago
>i hadn't saved since then
>i lose all of my progress
>fml

Share your stories on corrupted save files, lost saves, etc.
>>
>crawling iiiiin my skiiiiiiin

What did he mean by this?
>>
My main two I can recall are:
100 hours in FF7, some bug happened where when I went to save it erased the file instead
Save was gone with most things completed in the right before fighting Emerald Weapon

I also overwrote a 100+ hour FFTA file with a side file I had been playing on, then still played another 100ish hours on the new file eventually getting to 300/300 missions complete
>>
One time I played a game for a long time and forgot to save.
>>
>>332895215

Lost my Ace Combat 6 save, still haven't caught up to where I left off (played through the game like 4 times to get half the medals, just can't be assed to do it all again).
>>
>had PS2 Memory Card filled with all the memories and saves
>one of them is the fun yet bullshit character collection game DW5
>another is FFX up to the airship
>Lost it

>a year later found a memory card slipped between boxes
>ohboy.jpg
>fire up the PS2
>It's my friend's
>I've moved house since the last I saw him

I don't know which one's worse
>>
FF12, I accidentally overwrote my complete all hunts finished file with a halfway finished file I was playing to check something. It was really, really dumb.
>>
>need to emergency reinstall OS
>in the middle of first Dark Souls 2 playthrough, about to wrap up the area after Dragon Aerie or whatever that shit is called
>don't make a backup of save because I assume Steam saves it in cloud

I still haven't beaten DS2 and probably never will because it's such a chore, but I do miss the DLCs
>>
Power outages are my nightmares
>>
Not the same thing, but I was playing the PC version of FF7 way back when and the game just stopped working after the second disc. Too bad because I was enjoying it.
>>
>>332896843
I got a power outage in Majora's Mask after I had completed Snowpoint in its entirety in a single three-day run right before playing the song of time.
I didn't touch the game again until the 3DS release, when saving made sense. That shit was infuriating.
>>
>>332895215
Same thing but i was killing the ayyliums at the mall and i gave up, picked Earthbound at the eshop i guess i'll finish it this time
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.