[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2d 480p game >locked at 30fps What possible reason could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: photo-original.jpg (349 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
349 KB, 1536x1152
>2d 480p game
>locked at 30fps
What possible reason could there be to lock such a basic game at 30fps?
>>
___________________________________________________________________________________________Anthony Burch
>>
also no fullscreen exclusive mode so enjoy your input lag
>>
>>332879267

this
>>
>>332879132
Sprites are probably animated at 15 fps or even less?
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1068x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1068x419
>>
>30 FPS
the devs even have a thread about it, saying they designed it that way because console AAA and Undertale did as well, and it'd be hard work to make it 60FPS

they sound like giant retards to think a 2d pixel mess is anywhere near as graphically demanding as something like bloodborne
>>
>>332879434
What?
>>
ANTHONY
>>
>>332880112

With all the kikestarter money they got, you think they could have done 60 fps.
>>
>>332880112
>3 people with shitty game maker
>AAA studio with hundreds of ultra talented professionals and gigantic budget
Yeah anon, they're clearly just lazy.
>>
>>332880112
Nigger they made a detailed post explaining both the resolution and the frame rate, why do you lie through your fucking teeth?
>>
I really enjoyed the game, but the lack of there being any benefit to collecting all the modules like secret boss/ending/cutscene really made me Anthony Burch
>>
>>332879132
Because animating pixels at 60fps takes a lot of work for very little benefit unless it's something like a fighting game where the difference between a frame or two can mean winning or losing.
>>
>>332879132
Got my first crash and got annoyed so im done with it
Cleared North and West and was like halfway through East
Mediocre game based around distance combat instead of speedy combat
>>
>>332879132
>480p

???
The game is about 270p
>>
>>332881009
Animation framerate and screen/logic framerate don't have to be the same. You could have the game running at 120 fps and animations at 12 fps if you wanted to.
>>
>>332881009
>animating pixels at 60fps
you don't need to animate 60 frames for everything to be running at 60 fps.

it's more important to be checking 60FPS from game inputs and positional data that drawing sprites animated "smoothly"
>>
>>332881804
When they're too far apart it feels weird, 60 fps is a meme when it comes to 2d games.
>>
>>332882068
Your existence is a meme.
>>
File: black dude.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
black dude.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>332880112
>2D action game
>probably made with some program like Game Maker or some shit
>arbitrarily coded at 30FPS

Even fucking NES games ran at 60FPS. They only targeted 30FPS because it's going to the PS4, and the PS4's VDP is not built for 60Hz refresh rate.
>>
>>332882271
>like Game Maker or some shit
it literally says it was made with Gamemaker during the loading screen
>>
>>332882217
Thanks?
>>
In the Eastern zone
how to get the pillar near the bottom
>>
>>332882572
Game Maker, by default, operates at 60FPS. They literally went out of their way to program it at 30FPS. Meanwhile, a game programmed entirely from scratch by one guy, that started life as an NES port of GTA3, and was later ported to MS-DOS, runs at 60FPS. It even runs on lower end hardware at 60, I bet HLD can't run 30 on something like an early Core2Duo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOW0V9P7NfU
>>
Who let this hound in?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.