[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they any games where you play as the antagonist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
Are they any games where you play as the antagonist?
>>
>>332822578
Wolfenstein series
>>
>>332822743
fuck off /pol/
>>
>>332822578
>doesn't know how literary terms work

The main character is always the protagonist.

It doesn't matter if they're a villain.
>>
>>332822578
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
>>332823042
if you play spec ops the line [spoilers] you realize in the end you WERE in fact the antognist responsible for everything shitty that had happened and were doing insane mental gymnastics to repress and forget it[/spoilers] So you are in fact wrong, my good sir.
>>
>>332823362
wow i fucked that up or spoilers just dont work. cant tell
>>
>>332823475
you fucked it up
>>
>>332823362
Still the protagonist.

Sorry you failed 5th grade reading, millennial.
>>
LISA
>>
>>332823475
You fucked up
And the protagonist is the main character of a story. Now they may be a bad guy, like in your example but they are still the protagonist. The antagonist is whatever opposes that main character.
These labels don't always mean good guy and bad guy respectively, but rather they identify who the main character is and what the main challenge is.
>>
>>332823640
but in this case you are both the antagonist and the protagonist. Are you actually retarded? you ARE the forces who are working against you.
>>
>>332823819
if you play spec ops you will realize that the protagonist and the antagonist are actually the same person oh and same goes for bioshock infinite ;)
>>
>>332823767
Love that game. Bomb ass soundtrack too.
>>
>>332822578
Overlord 1 and 2, old games

Mario RPG on SNES.

OFF?
>>
Well, that's a bit weird question since how does that work exactly? I suppose you could think of games in which you can play through a series of events from several perspectives, moderately common in strategy/tactics games: for example, Kohan's Ahriman's Gift expansion campaign allows you to play the campaign from the point of view of the original's antagonist (the missions are fully original, though).
>>
File: darkhalf.jpg (978 KB, 2242x1238) Image search: [Google]
darkhalf.jpg
978 KB, 2242x1238
In this game you play as the hero and the villain in alternating chapters. The final boss is whoever you didn't choose to play for the last chapter.
>>
>>332823957
I'd argue the antagonist is more specifically the delusions and hallucinations within his mind. But I see your point.
>>
>>332825780
actually its the other way around because the entire first 3/4 of the game are him hellucinating and trying to forget all the shitty things he did, which are revealed near the end of the game.
>>
File: 1371849944126.jpg (311 KB, 930x1316) Image search: [Google]
1371849944126.jpg
311 KB, 930x1316
>>332822578
Boot Kickington
>>
>>332822578
Wario Land
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.