[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Space 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: dead space 3.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dead space 3.jpg
574 KB, 1920x1200
I just finished pic related, why do people insist on it being so terribly bad?

I mean, apart from it having significantly less horror, butchering the story with uninteresting side characters who were only there for exposition and an unnecessary NTR plotline, it really wasn't that bad.

Is this part of the hating anything and everything related to EA meme?
>>
It's not like it's bad gameplay wise. Dead Space is just a good example of a horror game transitioning into an action game
>>
>>332819619
It still managed to make me feel uneasy, but i think where it failed most in regards to the horror aspect is by constantly surrounding you with other people.

The other two had you spend most of your time alone.
>>
>>332819331

In my opinion the part where you are in the spaceship graveyard, going from ship to ship, was the best area off all the games. It was the only time i felt like and was truly alone on a ship. But the planet parts were really shit.

>oh look another empty area with thigh high stones
>Another arena fight couldnt possibly happen here
>>
>>332820153
I think the games are naturally tense just because of the enemies. 9 out of 10 things are a monstrosity charging you down to melee and the whole idea is to get them before they get to you. Any 3rd game tension like that is still there, but they just shit away any real other horror in lieu of lots of enemies and custom guns and action-y stuff.
>>332821560
Jesus I forgot there were even human enemies. What a shit decision
>>
Rolling for Isaac Clarke.
>>
>>332819331
Whenever I play 3 I just think of it from Isaac's perspective. I mean he's been through two game's worth of this shit already. It's started to become less scary and more standard.
>>
>>332819331
I agree with ya OP. THe DLC was pretty good to if you can pirate that I'd recommend it, and it was a fun co-op game, even if the levels got a bit repetitive
>>
>>332819619
Dead Space and FEAR have that in common. The first game was the best and the third game added coop and became as generic as possible.

Dead Space 2 was good but lost way too much of the atmosphere from the first game. FEAR 2 on the other hand was just awful
>>
>>332822126
>Whenever I play 3 I just think of it from Isaac's perspective.

I do this with all game series, that is why i liked RE6. But the Last part of DS3 was just go from arena to arena, which got tedious real fast. I i really liked one boss fight where that partner guy asked Isaac if he was aiming at the glowy parts.
>>
>>332819331
It's a 6/10 while the other games were 8/10 at worse.
Even the action was less fun than the two others, plus there's no scary shit happening.
>>
File: 2016-02-27_00003.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-27_00003.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>332821560
The parts in the spaceship graveyard were definitely the best, and my absolute favorite part within said area was the entire segment with the regenerators. Would have felt more tense if i was playing SP instead of co-op, but it still got the adrenaline pumping.
>>332822548
I liked the more "blockbuster" approach that Dead Space 2 took, with a bunch of interactive cutscenes and explosions. You could say those were a bit shallow but they were definitely the highlights of the game for me.
>>
File: sr4ef1777c.jpg (15 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
sr4ef1777c.jpg
15 KB, 400x348
>>332819331
I did like the weapon system though. I wish more games had something like that.
>>
Easily my favorite game in the trilogy. Honestly, I'd play Dead Space 2, 3, or even Extraction over the first game anyday. I love the horror and atmosphere of the first game, but Isaac being a mute just kills it for me ever since Dead Space 2 came out, giving Isaac a voice, and character.

Also, Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC is seriously scary. Fuck the haters, Dead Space 3 is the best Dead Space game in terms of game mechanics.
>>
File: swan.jpg (13 KB, 400x214) Image search: [Google]
swan.jpg
13 KB, 400x214
I knew something was wrong the second the game started and you started with the submachine gun out instead of the plasma cutter.
>>
I just need a fucking Dead Space 4. It's gonna happen, I believe it will happen. EA, and Visceral mentioned twice or thrice that they still love the Dead Space IP. I HAVE FAITH. CONCLUDE ISAAC'S LEGACY.
>>
>>332827421
>yfw DS4 is a reboot
>>
>>332819331
The materials-based crafting murdered the survival horror pacing and the Alien City levels were fucking garbage.

Other than that it was okay, I enjoyed it solo and co-op.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (162 KB, 692x750) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
162 KB, 692x750
>>332828145
It doesn't matter how cool the new main character would be, he would never fill the shoes of Isaac Clarke.
>>
>>332828145
I'd be fine with that too. HOnestly, I just want them to continue with the series. Has the best game design I've ever seen in a game. Makes masterful use of visuals, and audio. It's not a typical bang bang shooter either, weapons are diverse, enemies play into the audio design, same with the visual design. It's just a masterfully crafted franchise. Also, No HUD. All on the player. Fucking GENIUS
>>
>>332828145
Not sure how they're going to write their way out of "the moon-people ate everyone".
>>
>>332828563
Reboot usually means they start from the beginning again.
>>
>>332828659
Oh.
Well, the original Dead Space is only like 7-8 years old now and still holds up well. I don't think they could do much more beyond an HD remake.
>>
>>332828659
Yes and he was bringing up WHY they'd reboot it, Austin. Fuck, you need everything spelled out to you, no wonder Samantha didn't invite you to her funeral.
>>
>>332819331
co-op levels were pretty fun, it sucks that you need the DLC to see the true ending
>>
>>332825806
Isaac is pretty generic. And so are most of the character. the lore is cool tho.
>>
>>332829075
You're pretty generic.
>>
DS3 co-op > the dumbshit dead broken DS2 multiplayer
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.