[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't play purple disks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 20160401_182755-1.jpg (3 MB, 1850x2702) Image search: [Google]
20160401_182755-1.jpg
3 MB, 1850x2702
Is there anyway to fix the fact that my ps2 won't play the blue/purple backed disks?
>>
>>332815969
paint them a different color
>>
Your PS2 laser is too weak to read both layers. Could replace the laser or try dusting it.
>>
>>332816356
Is it hard replace the laser?
>>
>>332815969
I had the same problem, a long time ago. There is a fix, but it was either cleaning the disk, cleaning the laser emitter, or replacing the laser emitter. Google it.
>>
You can try tweaking the potentiometer but you can kill your laser doing that.
(Especially if you don't know what you are doing)

You can usually get another PS2/laser
>>
>>332816356
What both layers? That shit is a CD-ROM.
>>
>>332815969

Clean the laser or get a new PS2

Or

Just get a fucking emulator.
>>
>>332816660
>Just get a fucking emulator.

You mean hentai games?
>>
>>332815969
Clean the laser
You will have to open your ps2
>>
>>332815969
Soft mod the system and install hard drive.
>>
>>332815969
I seem to remember that some early models didn't have this capability
>>
My fix was to tilt the console. Always had to do that back in the Psx era too.
>>
>>332815969
You do realize only certain models read the blue discs, right? I'm pretty sure after the fat era they stopped supporting it
>>
>replacing the laser
You just have to readjust it.
>>
I think putting tape on the disc helps. Haven't tried it myself.
>>
You have to bake your system in the oven for about a half hour. Put it in some aluminum foil with a knob of butter, some capers, and a wedge of lime. Serve on a bed of rice.
>>
>>332820769
I have the fat one
>>
>>332821434
Thanks man I heard throwing it in a lake afterwards makes it work super fast too
>>
I know this is going to sound pants on head retarded, but I always get mine to read blue disks by putting strips scotch magic tape over the cd.

So taking two strips and laying them horizontally over the non read side of the disk. Obviously not covering the holes. I usually double up the layers with two strips on top of each other. I haven't tried any other tape other than sctoch magic tape with the green label, the tape looks misty.

I read to do it years ago when I first got the ps2 after release. never bother to look up why it worked
>>
>>332823041
pics or gtfo
>>
File: Capture.png (910 KB, 847x602) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
910 KB, 847x602
>>332823239
bit hard to see but I shit you not it has worked and I've never had to open my ps2 since i got it in the 2000's
>>
get some scotch tape, put it on the top of the disk, and it should work. it worked for me.
>>
>>332816626

Don't mind that anon, he's clearly mentally withdrawn. Still - The PS2 used blue DVDs for a few games, which are notoriously hard for a worn laser to read.
>>
>>332824450
Ignore Silent Hill, I just recalled I did this after I had got it back from a friend and I saw they had scratched the living shit out of it and I was desperate to see if It could still work. it's not a blue disc.
>>
>>332824681
Where's Anthony?
>>
>>332824943

off gaining weight somewhere
>>
You have to open your PS2 and adjust the height of the laser. There's a little cog in there to adjust it easily. I had to do it to get my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 working. iirc my PS2 needed the laser to be 6 notches from the lowest height in order to read the disc and stream the music without stuttering. Hope it helps, OP
>>
>>332826436
Thanks I'll try it
>>
>>332815969
Cook the disk in the hoven, it will turn black.

Or jew
>>
File: hesitak.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hesitak.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>332815969
Your ps2 is racist replace it
>>
>>332826436
Came in to say this. PS2s are infamous for breaking easily but all you have to do is twist this fucking tiny knob like 1 click and it's good as new
>>
>>332816546
Nah senpai, gypos did it in my town back int he day

Cleaning it is a good start tho
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.