[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Opinion so far (DOOM 4)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: doom.jpg (217 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
217 KB, 1024x576
Its Halo + no reload + fast pace + OP shotgun = Generic console MP, still I enjoyed it and will purchase it, also the Shitxican community wont help. RIP me
>>
why am I billie mcarthy
>>
>>332808396
The game is fun, I just hope the campaing is better than the multiplayer.
>>
>>332808396
>No reload
>Fast pace
>Somehow equals generic console MP

??
Find me another console MP in recent years with any of these things
>>
tfw X1 code but no PC code
>>
>>332808396
>Its Halo + no reload + fast pace + OP shotgun = Generic console MP

So Halo custom games.
>>
nobody gives a shit about your opinion, faggot. go back to plebbit.
>>
I liked the Alpha, but they've changed so much. I wasn't sure at first but now I know for sure I'm not getting it.
>>
Its a poor mans quake
>>
Unreaaaal tooournameeent!!! Wooooo!!
>>
>>332808396
Guns dont feel anywhere nearly as powerful as they should. Granted I might be used to shotguns fucking up a guy in one blast but even as such I feel as though it takes quite a while to put a man down

Sound-design is absolutely awful, I can never tell where shots are coming from and most of my guns dont even sound like theyre firing,
Armour shards need their hitbox increased its annoying to dance around them because I was one centimeter to their left

Engaging the demon is basically instant death and doesn't really offer any reward other than a very slight chance to take the rune yourself

Demon Rune spawns are very quick and dont allow for response unless you're already in the immediate area. TDM is fine, but in Warpath it should be extended to allow the choice of either assaulting the cap or going for the rune.

Some hacks are just objectively better than others

GUI is absolute shit. I still cant figure out what some of the symbols on the map are supposed to be. Im sure that once I learn the maps I could figure it out.

Double-jump needs to become something akin to Scouts double-jump where I can change my direction mid-flight rather than it carrying my momentum

Rocket Launcher has absolutely no splash and feels weak as fuck compared to say the Static Rifle or even the Lighting Guns alt.

Heavy Assault rifle needs to have its alt changed. A fucking scope is useless. Same to rocket launcher

Increase lighting gun range.
>>
>>332813458
The Glory Kill indicator needs to be done better I can barely notice it. I've gotten one thus far.

generalpie , I've been rolling Static Rifle + Shotgun + Siphon Grenade
Always fun to run around and 2 shot a guy
>>
File: Peeping-pepe.jpg (29 KB, 594x578) Image search: [Google]
Peeping-pepe.jpg
29 KB, 594x578
I did a bit of wee on myself
>>
It feels like a browser FPS with good graphics
>>
File: 1451237709064.jpg (46 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1451237709064.jpg
46 KB, 450x300
>>332813458
>Guns dont feel anywhere nearly as powerful as they should
>Sound-design is absolutely awful

Those two alone makes me stay away from this game
>>
>>332813458
Fuck off Stacey, go back to fuck Chad
>>
File: 245512229482.jpg (128 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
245512229482.jpg
128 KB, 900x900
>used vpn to sign up on gamestop.de
>put my email address to get the beta
>says "thank you for participating"
>it is now half past midnight and I still got no key
>>
>>332808396
>Haven't played vidya in half a year
>load up Doom beta
>vidya skills are rusty, felt like I was playing badly
>match ends, scoreboard pops up
>I was the top player in the team
>everyone else is level 8+, I am level 1

Who the fuck is playing the beta? Paraplegics? This was on PC too.

By the way the multiplayer feels crap. It all feels lacking and inconsequential, like pop music. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>332814167
Its real fucking bad man.
None of my guns have any umphf to them. Even Ghost in the Shell First Assault has better sound design, and when Nexon can surpass your sound design, you've got a huge fucking problem
Oh and thats to mention the part of the show where sound just straight up doesnt work.
>>
>>332814517
>Who the fuck is playing the beta? Paraplegics?
/v/irgins.
>>
>>332814517
I had difficulties in my first 2 matches approaching, 1st was because I had no idea how any of the weapons really function nor the speed/pace. 2nd match I found it difficult to re-approach whats basically been hammered into me by other shooters.
Once I found the static rifle+shotgun I started top-scoring
>>
It would've been cool if you could've customized your marine's face and then that would be used as the status bar face.
>>
>>332808396
>people excited for literally Halo
(lol)
>>
>People are bitching about playing a prettier Skulltag because it's not Quake or Unreal.

>It's too fast
>It's not fast enough
>The guns do too much damage
>The guns are too weak
>I die too quickly
>It takes forever to kill a player
>It looks like Halo
>It plays like Halo
>I've never fucking played Halo
>You stick to the ground
>You don't stick to the ground hard enough
>You jump too high
>You don't jump high enough
>There is too much customization
>I can't unlock any more customization options
>Boss monsters are too weak
>I die as a boss monster too quickly
>The shotgun is too weak
>The shotgun does 80 damage at 50m, wtf
>The rockets are too weak
>Faggots spamming OP rockets
>Armor does nothing
>Armor makes people invincible
>The maps are too confusing
>The maps are too simple
>The colors are too bright
>It looks like Brown of Duty
>There is no vsync
>There is no input delay caused by vsync

Did I miss any fucking complaints from /v/? You get exactly what you always bitch and moan for, and you still nitpick it because it's not like every other game out now.

Suck a dick and go simultaneously preorder the next CoD while creating a petition against it on the internet. Yes I'm mad.
>>
>>332814981
That would have been pretty cool.

Anyways, how do I get in?
>>
File: BFBC2Game_2016_02_28_032455.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
BFBC2Game_2016_02_28_032455.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>332814614
It should be basic that if game requiers nothing but shooting stuff, guns need to feel good.

Payday and warframe you do nothing but grind but at least guns feeels good whne you shoot them so people spend hundred hours in them. Shit, warframe got dobule barrel which makes loud boom and rips enemies apart like shooting red paper towels.
>>
>>332808396
for some reason it feels really boring to play
>>
>>332815835
>I just missed the entire point of the game's design.

Got dammit. It's in the developer interviews. Everything in the game is designed to be viceral but abrupt. The whole point is not to have you standing around looking at or listening to shit when you could be moving and killing.

Everything is very violent and very abrupt for a specific reason. You don't spend 3 seconds reloading the SSG because that's not what the game's presentation is designed to be.
>>
>>332808396

REMINDER

Plugging in a controller gives your MOUSE assisted aiming.

and its really agressive too.
Enjoy the free aimbot.
>>
>>332816412
Strange, because not even consoles get any noticeable aim assist. Maybe they thought it was necessary for the PC babies?

>>332815835
It's still pre-release. Not all of the assets are final.
>>
>>332816232
But somehow it lacks any oomph. As others have stated. The guns, the action... it all just feels...meh. It doesn't help that there's no background music.
>>
>>332815594
>this trash
>comparable to Skulltag
LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>332817016
>Same skating around
>Similar announcer
>Similar mapflow
>Same kind of accolades that pop up on screen

Feels similar to it to me.
>>
>>332817016
shut up """""Henry"""""
>>
File: 1392795211671.gif (967 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
1392795211671.gif
967 KB, 245x180
>>332808582
wtf are you talking about Patsy?
>>
>>332816232
This isnt a case of me wanting to listen to the sound
Its a case of my guns dont feel like guns, and I can tell where the fuck shots are being fired from because theres no position sound
In a 3D Shooter with various vertical elements
I dont play CS1.6 and fire the AWP because it sounds pretty, but I am satisfied when I do fire it because it sounds as powerful as it is.

Who was the man that thought that good sound-design makes me want to fire at nothing?
>>
>>332817273
>>332817283
kys desu retards
>>
File: swag.jpg (104 KB, 441x533) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
104 KB, 441x533
>>332808396
>yfw DOOM's armor aesthetics are more Halo than Halo 4/5
>>
>>332817273
It's nothing like Skulltag what you smoking anon?
>>
>>332810793
Unreal Tournament. And it's free
>>
>>332808396
>still I enjoyed it and will purchase it
GTFO you corporate dick sucking neo-gamer nu-male Anthony Burch $hill!
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310 KB, 580x282
>>332816589
>It's still pre-release

I know but lately all game which offering betas lately only fix minor bugs or servers issues. Some are getting even worse on final release
>>
>>332817529
Oh you said console.

>Console shooter

Lmao
>>
>>332817659
Considering that the alpha was radically different than the beta, I'm sure that they are still making changes.
>>
>>332810793
>console
(lol)
>>
>>332817946
How the hell do i register this? i picked up my key and when i go to gamestop's retarded site i get attacked by ads
>>
>>332811736
What's the code?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.