[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A WW2 hardcore RPG would be awesome. The game would spawn from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: nazi.png (1 KB, 199x119) Image search: [Google]
nazi.png
1 KB, 199x119
A WW2 hardcore RPG would be awesome.
The game would spawn from 1939 to 1945 and even further if you make the "right choices".

Just imagine if you start off as a random citizen.
You could join the Resistance, join the Gestapo or just try to survive!

Just imagine the moral choices you'll have to make, the amount of interesting quests you could do.
You could end up being Hitler's most trusted man or leading Stalin's army, or simply gathering food in Varsaw as an old jew.

There's so many possibilites, I don't know why game devs haven't thought about it yet.

Maybe because they think it's too soon to make these kinda games?
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that idea could make great games?
>>
I would play it, I think the bigger concern is no one wants to go through the effort of making that big of an open world game
>>
Great idea anon. I usually play ww2 roleplay on gmod its pretty git.
>>
>>332799057
That would be an awesome game actually. I would 100% get that. Would you just randomly spawn as a citizen or would you start from a defined area/nation?
>>
>>332799791
True. But on the other hand when you look at Skyrim/The Witcher 3/ Dragon Age Inquisition, you can see huge open worlds aren't that difficult to make.
>>
>>332800359
I think the best thing would be to choose you're country / gender / "class" at the beginning of the game, then'll you'll be free to join any faction you want as the game progresses.
>>
>>332800492
Sure, but how dynamic are they on the scale of a nation? How do you go from a Vichy France police state to block to block combat in a way that the gameplay won't suffer between peaceful/war modes
>>
>>332799057
Would it be possible to lead a faction?
>>
>>332799057
>It's like Skyrim with Nazi's.
Sounds like it'll be a hit with the critics. Go for it OP.
>>
File: tree-num.jpg (91 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
tree-num.jpg
91 KB, 540x480
"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4
>>
>>332799057
Never played this but wasn't Saboteur like this? But yeah that sounds interesting but who would the devs be?
>>
>>332804984
Ehhh, Saboteur was definitely anti-nazi. Destroying propaganda and capturing back the allies' contraband. Never played all the way through, but it never really opened up to numerous possibilities
>>
>>332800709
Yeahhh, I'm down with that! Maybe when our generations are in the game development business we can push this. Finally an intellectual thread with some good ideas. Good job OP
>>
>>332799057
>Maybe because they think it's too soon to make these kinda games?
Maybe it's also because they'd be given shit if they actually allowed questionable moral decisions.

While people always claim they want games to be "mature", they probably wouldn't want to see a game actually challenge their moral compass.
>>
>>332799057
No. A freeform game similar to GTA would be.
>>
File: 1316959313738.jpg (51 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1316959313738.jpg
51 KB, 221x246
>>332799057
The idea is pretty good but the amount of content to produce would be humongous so it's very difficult to achieve.
>>
>>332800004
>autism
>>
>>332799057
No. What we really need is a school shooting RPG. Imagine...

>Janitor sells weapon mods and upgrades
>different characters give you different stat bonuses
>fat guy has more health and can carry heavy machine guns and RPGs
>math nerd can craft laser weapons has batter perception
>stoner kid can craft various explosives.
>wanted system smiler to GTA
>you can go in guns blazing or you can go in stealthy
>the objective is to go to as many schools as possible.

It would be cool.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.