[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion on this game? I just got a Vita
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Ys_Celceta_Box.png (163 KB, 233x298) Image search: [Google]
Ys_Celceta_Box.png
163 KB, 233x298
What's /v/'s opinion on this game? I just got a Vita and I want my ARPG fix but the genre is pretty hit or miss from my experience.
>>
It's alright. I played for like 10 hours and got distracted, but that isn't really the game's fault, that's just my inability to pay attention for more than a few hours in a game. It's worth checking out at the very least.
>>
>>332800092
Try adderall. That's generally the only way I can pay attention long enough to play games these days.
>>
I've been playing the PC port. Got the english patch for it and have having fun. I did just run into a bug that halts all progress and am trying to figure out a way past it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1762x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1762x2500
A great action jrpg, a mediocre Ys game bogged down by typical jrpg fetch quests and item collecting.
>>
>>332798319
It's great, loved it. I enjoyed it more than Seven due to it being more exploration/adventure ish if that makes sense, while also have really cool gimmicks like the speed boots.
>>
>>332802360
There's never a requirement to do any of that though. There's no side quests that are mandatory to progress, unless you want to constantly upgrade, which again, isnt necessary if you get good.
>>
>>332802506
Bosses are huge damage sponges, even more so on nightmare. Not having the latest upgrade means you have to stand there flash guarding and spamming critical skills even longer. Git gud is not the issue. It's the tedium of easily guarded attacks against a huge hp pool
>>
I know story doesn't matter in Ys, but would this be an okay game to start with?
>>
It's pretty good. I liked Felghana better but it's still decent.
>>
>>332804917
Optimally you play them in release order. Both to appreciate callbacks to previous story (which is a nice cherry on top of delicious ice cream of fun combat) and to appreciate refinements to the game engine with each new entry. Play I&II first
>>
>>332802182

Its a problem with the exe forcing it to 60fps.

If you have a crack of the original Chinese version you can put that exe in, kill the boss in Chinese at 30fps, save your game, and then put the translated exe back in it and hope it doesn't happen again.

I couldn't find one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.