[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>still no RPGs where I can play as a proper spell-flinging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>still no RPGs where I can play as a proper spell-flinging mage without having to resort to barbaric melee combat or melee lackeys

Why can't video games get it right? MMOs came close, but they all ultimately failed.
>>
Have you played Lichdom: Battlemage?
>>
Mages are fags.

Fags don't deserve to be happy.
>>
In almost every game, Mages are shit.
I'm making a top down game focused solely on spell casting.
Just you wait anon.
Soon.
>>
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>332797607
just play dungeon crawl stone soup or some other roguelike that has mages
>>
>>332798475
>I'm making a top down game focused solely on spell casting.
Oh boy, you should totally call it Magika.
>>
>>332797607
Dragon's Dogma is the only game where I've felt like a wizard (sorcerer in the game)
>>
>>332798475
>I'm making a top down game focused solely on spell casting.
I'm somehow imagining a dull Magicka clone
>>
File: going full euphoric.webm (2 MB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
going full euphoric.webm
2 MB, 490x360
Magic is retarded easy mode.

You can never get the same euphoria as defeating someone else with a sword or other melee weapon.
>>
>>332798179
You mean Peasantdom: Braceletwearer.
>>
ah the real wizardfag, where even D&D isn't unbalanced enough in his favor to satisfy his urges
>>
>>332797607
Because sorcerers are always too powerful due to the nature of magical energy presentation in games. Capable of attacks at every range and abusing every weakness of an enemy, they are always either overpowered or nerfed to hell and back.

Deal with it or just choose a more sensible class.
>>
Can we stop for a second and acknowledge that OPs name is Olga Mayo?

Also Melody Day cutest name.
>>
>>332797607
Play literally any D&D game or Divinity OS
>>
>>332801017
This is April Fools, not St. Patrick's day, "Laurel Green".
>>
I think being a mage should have mechanical drawbacks but huge rpleplaying benefits (assuming we're talking about an RPG)

You shouldn't be able to wreck shit like a barbarian or a paladin but you're the only one who can talk to a tree, get news from a stream, shapeshift, have innocuous animals as your servants and be able to see the future. Look back a the big motherfucker of all wizards like Merlin and you'll notice the most high level spell he cast was a sleeping spell, his real power lied in divination and the sight, that's what moved empires, not waving a stick around and conjuring fire.
>>
>>332801550
That is literally a Druid bro.

I mean, Merlin was pretty much of a druidic religion really.
>>
>>332797607
mayo or ketchup, Olga ?
>>
>>332801550
I can't even remember the last game I played where there were useful non-combat spells that weren't just heals or buffs.
>>
>>332804945
I had some useful non combat abilities/spells in DivOS and NWN (if you count animal empathy).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.