[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a Gamecube to be so old that it causes input
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (185 KB, 400x344) Image search: [Google]
file.png
185 KB, 400x344
Is it possible for a Gamecube to be so old that it causes input lag?
I was trying to play Melee today and noticed it on all my controllers. It's not huge but it's clearly there, which is kind of an issue because for some reason I don't have everything unlocked and I still have to do the Showdown.
>>
>>332789101
Gamecubes still work? What is this witchery
>>
>>332789204
All of my old shit does. This seems to be the only one I'm having any sort of problem with.

Well, except the clock on my Dreamcast, but I know how to fix that.
>>
>>332789101
Input lag is determined by your tv.

Replace it.
>>
File: 1456037519029.gif (275 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456037519029.gif
275 KB, 500x500
>>332790728
this, its display latency. set your tv to game mode or just use your monitor or some shit
>>
>>332789101
>Is it possible for a Gamecube to be so old that it causes input lag?
No, that would be like physically impossible. The game would start running slow before that.
>>
Get a CRT if you want to play melee. No exceptions.
>>
>>332790979
Not really. You can use a game mode lcd or led tv-
They don't lag anymore, unless you use an old one.
>>
>>332791132
This. Any LED/LCD display worth its salt has low input lag.
>>
>>332790979
>>332791132
>>332791212
I've been thinking of getting a CRT for my much older shit anyway so I'll probably do that.
I don't seem to have a "game mode" on this big Vizio HDTV anyway.
>>
Blow on the cartridge
>>
>>332791132
Nah son. All it does is eliminate the post processing effects.For one, crt's will always, scientifically have lower latency than an lcd. Two, it still takes time to upscale a 480p image to 720p.

Op, assumng your playing on an crt, then it could 3rd party controller or incredibly shitty 3rd party AV cables. Dont fault the gamecube, it aint do you no harm ;-;
>>
>>332792053
>assumng your playing on an crt
nope>>332791534
>>
>>332791132
>>332791212
They objectively do still lag, sometimes multiple frames worth. CRTs are the only way to guarantee having no detectable input lag for precision gaming.
>>
>>332792053
Are you really saying you can notices a 3ms latency? cause my monitor has that and I can't notice shit.
>>
>>332792446
it's not so much about noticing it, it's moreso that in a game as fastpaced as melee minimizing the delay between inputs and actions is crucial
>>
>>332789101
there is literally no such thing as input lag
stop spreading this meme
>>
>>332792446
it's the upscaling that causes most of the lag on older consoles. it has to convert the resolution before it displays it. if you're using hdmi you will probably notice a lot less or none at all.

if you are using a standard definition console then you're probably getting ~100ms lag, which will make a huge difference when playing a game like melee.
>>
>>332792809
Wow, that sucked. Work on your bait.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.