[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do we think about DOOM? I think it's pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
So what do we think about DOOM?
I think it's pretty good even though it was developed by 343
>>
File: txmhlxkY.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
txmhlxkY.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
Is that Halo?

Just fuck my shit up
>>
Looks pretty fun.

I'll give it a go and i've been wanting a return to arena shooters. Only thing I'm not liking the look of is the executions. They'll slow it down if the trailer is anything to go by.
>>
File: 1415830936084.png (2 MB, 819x1157) Image search: [Google]
1415830936084.png
2 MB, 819x1157
>tfw even Doom 3 feels closer to the original than this modern bethesda turd.
>>
>>332768351
thats DOOM
>>
>>332768257
Feels like a UT2k4 mod, especially with all the alt fires.

I kinda like it.
>>
Looks like utter shit.

>perks and level up systems, in SP
>mission direction indicators and reminders
>mundane basic tasks like double-kills are now "challenges"
>exploration and puzzles pretty much confirmed to not exist
>enemies explode into HP and ammo
>guns and enemies look plasticy and overall fugly
>tons of "cinematic" first-person cutscenes (picking up guns, opening doors, pressing switches...)
>IRON SIGHTS
>rifle-butt melee
>quick grenades
>chainsaw is a cinematic finished tool
>BFG is a "Panic key" to empty the room with a press of a button
>MP has 2 weapon limit and loadouts
>music's definitely not metal
>Doomguy looks like a cheap Halo MC clone
>>
I love it, I don't care about all the modern shooter shit they put in it, actually playing the game has been the most fun I've had with a shooter in years
>>
File: 1403654753266.jpg (48 KB, 497x585) Image search: [Google]
1403654753266.jpg
48 KB, 497x585
Its a generic shooter that isn't really doing anything special

But it doesn't claim to be any more than that so I'm fine with it. As long as it doesn't go Full Titan Fall
>>
>>332769078
no, it's not like ut2004
>>
>>332770159
Full Titan Fall?
>>
>>332769568
>mission direction indicators and reminders
>mundane basic tasks like double-kills are now "challenges"
Turn them off
>exploration and puzzles pretty much confirmed to not exist
Doom always had such amazing puzzles

Rest is pretty much just opinions, too bad it's not for you.
>>
>>332770721
Titan fall did nothing special but claimed it was going to forever change the face of the shooter genre.
>>
>>332770748
>Turn them off
you're assuming you can turn them off.

>Doom always had such amazing puzzles
the entire game was one huge 3D "puzzle" of sorts, more and more towards the end especially.

GJ ignoring all the other criticism.
>>
>>332770971
Are you a console pleb or something? Modding UI is pretty much the easiest modding possible.
It was never a puzzle, you go through rooms killing everything and find cards to open new rooms.
>>
>>332768257
Please /V/, tell me whan to think about game "x";
>>
>>332769078
>I've never played UT2K4: the post
>>
File: This-Is-Doom.gif (2 MB, 3194x1436) Image search: [Google]
This-Is-Doom.gif
2 MB, 3194x1436
>>332771194
>calling me a console pleb
oh the ironing. Apparently YOU don't have much experience with generic AAA console-oriented mutliplat releases?

When I buy a game, I expect it to work and play smooth without extra tweaking required.

>It was never a puzzle, you go through rooms killing everything and find cards to open new rooms.
That just shows how little you understand as simple game as DOOM. The maps were these "puzzles" of their own, that at best required mastering the game's finer mechanisms to allow you to proceed. Majority of the secrets, the ones that weren't just a hidden door walls you'd hump open by accident, literally required figuring out how to gain access to said location.

The keycards were simply a method of guiding and pacing player the way the devs wanted, without streamlining the maps to literal pipes. And speaking of which, you can expect D44M's maps to be just that: linear corridors, with tons of obligatory combat-arena intermissions.
>>
>>332771753
>When I buy a game, I expect it to work and play smooth without extra tweaking required.
Get with the times grampa Ethel, I bet you played DX:HR with the piss filter on too?
That puzzle explanation just sounds like you're retarded.
>>
File: GIF_ASHLEE_SIMPSON_SNL.gif (1 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
GIF_ASHLEE_SIMPSON_SNL.gif
1 MB, 640x359
>>332771371
>>
>>332771371
Whore.
>>
File: 1438392825063.png (21 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
1438392825063.png
21 KB, 500x437
>>332768257
>it's made by zenimax
>hmm let's see
>yup it's OpenGL

haha what a load of trash

also it's locked at 60 fps, uhh what is it like 2002 or something? as usual fuck you bethesda
>>
>>332768924
that's garbage*
>>
suits my needs. just going to mindlessly play team deathmatch on PS4 when it comes out lmao.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.