[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Light Drifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: hld.jpg (349 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
hld.jpg
349 KB, 1536x1152
This game is fucking hard. At least for me. What do you think?
>>
I think you're a casual
>>
I died 4 times on the last boss, and a couple times on one of the previous bosses. It felt nicely balanced, overall.

I just finished it. Clocked in at 5 hours 59 minutes.

You can't skip cinematics on subsequent playthroughs. Gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1068x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1068x419
My little sister doesn't think so
>>
Did anyone open the four piece door up in the snow mountain?

I got all the shards from that place but I cant open it anyway, they just light up and stay closed.
>>
>>332768205
Vita port when?
>>
>>332768517
Are you sure it's not an 8 piece door
>>
>>332768447
Had any problems in regular fights? I'm kinda stuck atm. Haven't unlocked any skills yet. At the first boss.

Oh, and are skill points / "money" really this hard to come by? Or am I missing stuff?
>>
I know the Wii U version is still in "limbo" which is bullshit. Can anyone tell me if they actually added co-op in the game? The stretch goals were met and stated that it would be present, but GOG and Steam both mark this game as single player only.
>>
>>332768205
Playing with keyboard and mouse is way more difficult than with Joystick...

My Joy works but the buttons are fucked up and it doesn't have a button to shoot...
>>
File: 1454517151810.png (186 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
1454517151810.png
186 KB, 454x340
>YFW you're not John Walker
>>
>>332768807
It isnt bullshit.
The engine is not supported by the wii u and they cant/wont port the engine.
>>
>>332768763
They're the yellow card things. You find them in dungeons, scattered around the overworld, and after bosses.

Had a bit of trouble just before the final boss. I also got lost in the East biome for a while.

I'm guessing you've seen the vendors in town.
>>
File: 1454579177574.jpg (50 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1454579177574.jpg
50 KB, 453x604
Which dash upgrade do I get first
>>
>>332769035
Then they shouldn't have promised it as an option or they should come out and say it's not happening and give me a fucking steam key. The link they emailed me literally takes me to a page that says "wait for console releases"
>>
Is there any customization to the game?
>>
>>332769553
you can find extra outfits if that's what you mean
>>
>>332769354
I wouldn't get the multidash. It feels clunky.
>>
File: Language.png (786 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Language.png
786 KB, 2560x1440
So, I'm assuming that this is a language.
>>
>>332770127
You're just not using correctly.

Once you dash more than once, the window in which you have to press the button again to continue the combo enlarges noticeably.
>>
Look, I get it. You guys like your hard games. I grew up when every game was hard, then over time they got easy. Then they got too easy. Someone remembered hard games, but apprently their mother drank too much when she was pregnant with them because what they decided we needed was this hipster -measuring hard but somehow boring game t.

I hate Demon Souls, Dark Soulses and all that . Those games are boring as hell. (I spent the better part of a decade writing business software, don't argue with my credentials when it comes to knowing boring when I see it) They replace coherant world building with obtuseness and don't-look-behind-the-the-curtain writing. (See Also: Lost, the tv show that everyone praised then relized was also garbage) This game takes that idea and runs with it apparently. I can't tell you with any authority, since I'm done with this game. Back in 2014 I heard the Disasterpiece (big fan, btw, will probably buy the soundtrack) saw the trailer and put down my money. Then I waited, lets see, about 18 months for this stylish abortion. I made it about 30 minutes in to the game and, being the smart guy that I am, pieced together what the next few dozen hours were going to look like. (Spoiler alert: some cool Fez-inspired forum-bait bogged down by hours of frustrating combat)

Here's the thing. I don't have that much time. At this point, I've spent as much time on this review as I have on the game. I'm just hoping I can save someone else the frustration. And frustration is the word. The game looks and sounds and feels gorgeous, but it gates that away behind challenges it doesn't earn.
>>
File: 9350493.jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
9350493.jpg
29 KB, 450x450
>$18
>>
>>332768807
So again, can anyone at least confirm or deny that there is co-op?
>>
>>332770962
All the babbies crying "too hard" is hilarious, they're just used to their indie games being walking simulators.

>>332771345
No co-op, unless you unlock it by beating the game.
>>
Just finished it. Not gonna bother with finding all the extra crystals and whatnot.Really overhyped sack of shit this was.It's not hard, just trial and error.And what was the Aids that everyone was coughing from?
>>
Are there any places you know not to go to even if there aren't any barriers closing them? After I reached the top of the snow mountain, I found 2 ways, to go. One had a teleporter and an elevator, while the other was just some platforming and then an elevator, but the second place seemed way harder, with the floor falling and the weird gun men shooting at me
>>
How long is the game?
>>
>>332772120
6-8 hours
>>
>>332772120
Depends on your play style.You can get 4-5 hours.I got 7-8hrs with a little backtracking and searching here and there
>>
>>332768506
source?
>>
Is there any punishment for dying?
>>
>>332772786
no
>>
>>332772786
You have to restart at your last auto save(which is usually the entrance to the room). You also only start at 3 health pips.
>>
Fucking hard eh?

I decided to ditch it because fuck this.
>>
>>332772412
>>332772426
>8 hours
Man that is just way too short for $20. I really wanted to get this game, but that's crazy.
>>
File: 1391794570227.png (2 MB, 3212x3000) Image search: [Google]
1391794570227.png
2 MB, 3212x3000
>found 7 out of 8 pieces in two areas
>can't find the last ones for shit
>only found one key despite some doors needing like 10 of them
What am i doing wrong? i'm already hugging all walls and checking out all ledges for invisible paths.
>>
>>332772426
>>332772426
>>332772426
What, really? I imagined this would be a nice, long game considering how goddamned long I waited for it to come out, and its art direction. I was hoping for a good 20+ hours at least of exploring and shit.

That's disappointing.
>>
Where are you copypasting the reviews from you autist, Steam?
U MAD your last autistic thread got deleted?
>>
>>332773121
Same here.I just gave up and finished the damn thing.Not worth my time running around humping walls.
>>
>There are people who beaten the game in a few hours
>There are people that have beaten the game in the time I've explored the Northern area

I still haven't found everything yet in it either. Missing two triangles, but have found two monoliths, 3 keys, and other junk.

Good times
>>
>>332773064
If you're not the type that likes to explore a lot and try to 100% it, then yeah, it's probably too short for 20 $. And just to clarify, not trying to belittle you, we all got our preferences and I know there's plenty of people that don't enjoy exploring old areas and shit.

Personally I love it so I've gotten 10 hours out of it so far and I've yet to explore the south area.
>>
File: Drifter.jpg (210 KB, 1754x734) Image search: [Google]
Drifter.jpg
210 KB, 1754x734
Any idea how to get to past the gate and to that item?

I tried double dashing, didn't worked.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>332773064
YOU HAVE THE DOWNS
>>
>>332774059
You need the railgun to activate the pillar on the left, no other weapon will work as far as I know. There are identical pillars that requires that weapon in other areas too.
>>
Is there a way to get to that teleporter? It's in birdcock library.
>>
>>332772534
Arekusa Mahone
>>
This is a huge step in VR.

Please do what I did and take off the technophile hat for one day and just enjoy the content in VR. For me, I purposefully put my tech opinions aside and just let the content in, and it was absolutely glorious. I simply can't wait for what the next 5 years have to offer for VR...that is...

<rant>

..if you fucking crybabies don't ruin the entire VR business before it has a chance to take off. This is the only real problem. Your incessant complaining is like the guy in the movie theater bitching at full volume about some minor detail that quite literally nobody else in the theater (currently enjoying the movie) gives a flying fuck about. Stop giving snarky quote snippets to gaming press that are too lazy to come up with their own opinions as those opinion pieces shape the buying decisions for the larger market. Articles written in those voices can torpedo a the entire VR industry before it has a chance to even get started. VR HAS to go wide or it will never take off.

Everybody that's boo-hoo'ing about FOV, light rays, and apples/oranges feature comparison needs to chill. This first gen hardware (yes, first gen) and as with all first gen hardware it will contain compromises that will need to be revised to further the state of the art. Yes, the Vive has other features, so does the gear, so does the PSVR, and guess what - some of us like all 4 and will support all of them wherever the content is.

It blows my mind the level of "expert" commentary on these topics. Please, just stop for a second - take a breath - and try to enjoy the content in this new medium and judge the experience on those merits. Yes, there will be things that suck - just like there were things that sucked about 1st gen LCD monitors, or 1st gen iPhones/Androids, or 1st gen consoles. The first real handheld game console was 2 bit color greyscale and 5x the size of a modern smartphone with no backlight. There were no pitchforks back then, why so many now?
>>
>>332768205

Nothing is hard but the bosses, and even those only take several minutes tops. There's barely even a punishment for death.

The game is okay, like a watered down LttP with a bit more depth to combat and some interesting flair. For a game that several people worked on for a few years on a $650k crowdfunding budget it doesn't have a whole lot to show for itself. Still worth at least one playthrough, there aren't many games like it coming out anymore.
>>
Probably because you're inputs aren't being registered precisely whatsoever

Somebody post the gif of the nigga tapping his stick and the character moving for a full second or two after he takes his hand off
>>
this game fun or na?
>>
>>332776060

If you like action/adventure games where you can explore like LoZ or Metroid then you'll probably like it, but I wouldn't pay $20 for it personally as it has some flaws and feels a little bland at times. By all means, though, at least give it a try
>>
git gud
>>
>>332768664

Well shit, it is, I just found another one like it in the white rat water temple.

But where are the other 4 pieces, they arent in the map.
>>
>>332774642
Thank you anon.
>>
File: black dynamite.gif (2 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
black dynamite.gif
2 MB, 352x217
>try to look up press for the game
>only article I can find is on Rock Paper Shotgun
>author admits he quit the game because the first boss caved his shit in
>says he'll never play it again, despite liking everything else about it
What the fuck happened to that website?
And how do whiny little shits get comfy jobs when they can't even play video-games?
>>
>>332774460
Secret wall passage on one of the left bookcases
North leads to a gold upgrade piece
South leads to another one, AND the teleporter, which leads to a stone tablet and ANOTHER gold piece
>>
File: Hyperhyper.png (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hyperhyper.png
258 KB, 1920x1080
can someone tell me the location of this one?
>>
Why are people complaining about difficulty?

The game is very lenient about death, its not like you get thrown in the city every time you die to a room of monsters.

If you want to complain, at least say how you "tried hundred of times" or something. I managed to learn the first boss in like 6 deaths, many did it in less, someone out there probably did it in one go, it ain't impossible.

If I wanted to complain about the game, I would say how it doesn't explain anything, you just cant talk to anyone except for images, and you dont have a chance to get currency at all before you see the first NPC vendor, so you get utterly confused by it. And even with that, eventually just playing the game you learn how things work.
>>
>>332776060
No.
>>
I haven't run into any bosses yet. Went North first but the dungeons wore me d9wn and I ran into a part with a load of turrwts and a shielded teleporter.

Then I went West, found a load of upgrade parts and got the chain dash. West seems a lot easier compared to North, the samurai wolves are easy to dodge.
>>
>>332777373
>you dont have a chance to get currency at all before you see the first NPC vendor, so you get utterly confused by it.
How would you get confused by what was obviously the upgrade menu?
>>
Facefuck every wall, fight the bosses over and over. You have 5 health pips, every enemy does 1-2 damage an attack and you can be struck after getting pancaked.

Frustrating combat that felt kind of shitty. Runs at 30fps despite being 2d. Kind of interesting setting. I would pirate.
>>
>>332771597
You have to beat the game to play co-op ? What kind of idea is that ?
>>
Something about it feels kinda off, just in the way it moves. Not really sure why.

It's okay though. I beat the bird boss in the north area and got to the waypoint thing to the west.
>>
I want to go into this game knowing as little as possible, I just have one question though, is anything in the game missable? Is there a point of no return or can I just run around and collect everything after I finish the campaign?
>>
>>332778394
30fps
>>
>>332778419
Nah. It's pretty clear when your gonna go for the final confrontation .
>>
>just now found a Key after like 5 hours
man are these super well hidden or what
I got this one that was past a shitton of exploding crystals after passing over an invisible set of platforms triggered by a hidden switch on the exploding crystal bridge before the knight
this is some real 'that kid' shit
>>
>>332776467
The guy you meet only marks enough shards for you to progress towards the boss.
The rest you have to find yourself.

Speaking of wich, anyone found all 8 shards in the north? I'm still missing two. I'll suck your cock for a map.
>>
>>332778394
Definitely 30 fps. Sluggish as shit.
>>
I heard the game is really short.
Anyone here finished it yet?
How long did it take you?
I'm not going to spend 20$ on a game that only takes 4 hours to beat.
>>
>>332768205
Why did they separate moving and aiming controlls?

If you play it with keyboard and mouse you will swing your sword and dash not in the direction your character is currently facing but where your mouse cursor is. That's bullshit.

Why not just plain old SNES Zelda controlls without even using the mouse?
>>
I'm in the first area but I'm a retard and dont know what to do
I got one hidden key, and I dont know how to get to the boss
>>
>>332779226
8-10 h
>>
>>332768205
Took some time to get used to but I'm pulling through just fine.
>>
>>332773194
This game does have 20+h of exploring and a 2nd ending, 6-8h if you just run through the main quest.
>>
>>332779281
Explore for the purple triangles.
>>
>>332779226

5 to 6 hours if you go from boss to boss.

Around 10 hours if you hug walls and explore. There are a lot of secrets.
>>
>>332779281

Get more doritos.
>>
stfu phil
>>
>>332768265

HEY EVERYONE LOOK THIS GUY IS HARDCORE.
>>
File: hld4.png (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hld4.png
291 KB, 1920x1080
The aesthetic of this game is spectacular. It also knows when to not use music, a lost talent.
>>
>>332770962

>You can trust my opinion cause I'm an expert

lol
>>
>>332772114

Those gun guy gauntlets are very, very hard. I explored north first and quit once the turrets showed up. I'll continue exploring once I've unlocked a few upgrades.
>>
why is people going for other routes at the beginning of the game besides North when you are explicitly shown that top is the first place you should go?
I don't have anything against non-linear games but just by playing vidya for years, I know that areas where the player isn't supposed to go until later in the game usually are more difficult or your need upgraded gear to even get all the secrets and stuff. So going there in the first place is pointless, unless you already played the game and know that you can beat an alternative route.
>>
>>332774889

Oculus bitches about to cry when they finally get their rifts and realize how underwhelming it is.

Second only to Star Citizen's release
>>
>>332779271
Holy shit I thought I was the only one
>>
>>332779429
>Around 10 hours if you hug walls and explore. There are a lot of secrets.
I'd say even fucking more if you want to do all side shit like drift challenge or football.
>>
>>332780385
It seems like north is where you should go, but going west second makes it seem like west is basically a tutorial area. You even get regenerating crystals for free gun ammo.
>>
>>332779271

>playing a game built for controller play with KB+M
>>
Can you continue your progress after the final boss? I've been searching the remaining crystals and 8/8ed some zones already, tried the boss once but decided to come back later, will I lose my progress if I finish him?
>>
>>332768205
kinda not a fan of the whole "let's fill a tiny room with projectile spamming enemies" design this game follows
>>
> just about everything they promised as kickstarter tiers never made it into the game
>>
>>332780712

What is even the point of the extra four crystals? The first four or so are needed to fight the area boss, but do you have to find all 8 to fight the final boss?
>>
what does getting all 8 shards in each area do?
>>
>>332780738
You have dashes and the enemies attack are telegraphed enough so you can avoid them in time.
>>
File: stretch goals.gif (1 MB, 620x1363) Image search: [Google]
stretch goals.gif
1 MB, 620x1363
>>332780786

Holy shit, you're right.

How is this even remotely allowed? This is straight-up defrauding backers. Not like I'm defending the act of backing a game but holy shit.
>>
>>332780738
>I didn't buy the projectile reflection upgrade

Look at this loser
>>
>>332780712
Post 8/8 maps other than east please.
>>
>>332780738

Dash around like a madman. Either their projectiles are slow or they telegraph their magic attacks.
>>
>>332780809
Lets you open a door than requires 8 shards.

>>332780791
You need 3 shards to open the door that leads to the area boss, you need 4 shards per map to unlock the last boss.
>>
>>332781695
>Lets you open a door than requires 8 shards.

Is there anything interesting behind it or just yellow thingies and EVA fanart?
>>
>>332781018
Holy shit.Were they jerking eachother off all this time.Fucking hell.I forbid that anyone feel bad pirating this crap.
>>
>>332781786
An obelisk you need to scan 16 of, a key you need 12 of.

Well not "need", only if you want to 100% the game and get the true ending.
>>
The Southern boss is a fucking joke. Just keep dashing up to it and don't stop slashing.
>>
>>332770962
This is quality bait, difficulty of dark souls aside- the world building and storytellingin that game was incredibly interesting.
>>
File: done.png (294 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
done.png
294 KB, 1280x1024
I just beat it in about 7.5 hours, didn't do much extra stuff though
>>
>>332781018
it's supposed to be patched in later
>>
>>332782004

Are there like new bosses if you do that or just a different cut-scene.
>>
Well it aint easy
>>
>>332768831
who?
>>
>>332780594
And a little doggo leads you off to the east, which has sections gated by the chain drift upgrade and the railgun, but isn't too bad a starting area either. I finished east first and it felt natural.

You really can go to any of the three.
>>
If you go down to the area after you activate all 4 pillars, can you reload that old save and go back to collect stuff forgotten?
>>
>>332782624
Noone knows because noone 100%ed the game yet.
>>
>>332770962
you just copied and pasted that negative steam review.
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (98 KB, 631x772) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
98 KB, 631x772
>>332770962
>>
Shit you might not have found out yet:

-If you unlock a costume, there are separate terminals in your house to change out cloak, sword, and robot friend. You can mix and match colors.

-In the east you can drift onto a small lily pad to get to a secret.

-When you're near a ledge with invisible platforms nearby, your floaty robot will ping you with a '?' symbol. Not too hard to suss out their location after that.

-The drift stab only does one damage, but it pushes, stuns, and deals extra damage for every enemy and wall you push your target into. Try drift+stabbing dudes into packs of other dudes and corners.

-You can drift very quickly after charging up your cleave attack. Cleave+drifting is stronk.

-The game uses forced camera orientations to hide secret areas very often. If you're moving around a room and the camera keeps janking around to highlight one area or another, look for hidden passages around the spots it covers up.

-On controller, hold down LT to aim. Seems obvious but helps out shooting a hell of a lot. Also, aim to peek around rooms for secrets.
>>
>>332782583
source? That's pretty retarded, releasing an unfinished game to meet a kickstarter deadline.
>>
>>332783823
>Not too hard to suss out their location after that.
Nigga you press the interact key and the robot literally reveals the platforms for you
>>
What the fuck does NG+ do? I tried it out and it seems to be exactly the same as NG.
>>
File: Untitled.png (172 KB, 1275x954) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172 KB, 1275x954
How do you access this place? I bet it has one of the two triangles I'm missing.
>>
how many endings are there? I just beat it in ~7 hours (loved it), but I missed so much shit, I assume you need to get every shard, but what are the requirements?

new game + is pretty fucking hard btw
>>
>>332784149
you have 2 health points instead of 5, enemy rooms can have way more dudes, and bosses start in their frenzy state
>>
>>332783201
yea even after beating the final boss the game loads you in just before the boss encounter
>>
>>332780385
>when you are explicitly shown that top is the first place you should go?
How?
Also, north is way harder than the east section.
>>
Is there any reward for beating the arena matches? Those machine gun guys are bullshit.

Also, has anyone figured out how to get to that one teleporter in the library before the boss in the northern area yet?
>>
How many costumes are there to even unlock aside from the drift challenge one, and how do you get them?
>>
>>332784980
west boss and southern section fucked me the hardest, west boss is a motherfucker
>>
>>332785092
there's an arena?
>>
>>332778197
Co-op is not implemented yet
>>
>>332785171
Yes. I don't know how so many people have failed to realise it exists when it's so easy to find.
>>
>>332785103
What I know of:
>Red - default
>Purple - drift challenge
>Blue - ???
>Orange/gold - east, behind a 1 key door
>white - ???
>black - NG+
>>
File: openupbud.png (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
openupbud.png
311 KB, 1920x1080
I have all four crystals but this door wont open, what do?

>>332768205
>so fuckin hard
git gud

the checkpoint system makes it a non issue
>>
File: lcO7MMY.png (83 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
lcO7MMY.png
83 KB, 2560x1440
lel I edited the credits.txt before finishing the game
>>
>>332770962
Copypasta or not, this is true. I played the alpha demo and thought the exact same at first, the actual combat is shit mostly because the level design is garbage. But then again people told me that with the upgrades and shit the game can get really fun.

Just beat the western boss, and I think I'm going to let it here, the game's just not fun and misses so much of the points it tries to take from Zelda.

Art and music are god-tier though, a shame really..
>>
>>332785092
You walk through the wall after smashing all the books on the left side.
>>
>>332785404
Pinkish red: Get at the entrance to the southern section
Deep blue: The 10 key door at the start of the northern section
I've also got White & Blue and Green sets but I don't remember where I got them.
>>
>>332785404
You get pink after you talk to the other soldier for the 4th time.

Guys, there's also a glitch that happened to me. If you talk to that guy to get the crystal locations then die, the spots will stay on your map. However, you can do talk to them again and it will stack more markers on top. I have 3 stacked now. Not only that, but it will actually progress their location story. So if you die after talking to them in the first area 4 times you will get their costume and see their backstory.
>>
>>332785595
>Art and music are god-tier though

> neon vomit (and also eva fanart) and droning ambiance
> god tier
>>
>>332785450
>I have all four crystals but this door wont open, what do?
Use your eyes.
>>
I can also confirm you can beat the final boss then reload to finish collecting stuff you forgot.
>>
>>332785791
>there are 5 sets I dont have yet
>I only got the one for the 800 challenge
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>332768205
Is the northern boss the easiest one? I did it in one try.
>>
>>332783823
Fun fact : with the super speed of the cleave + upgraded drifting, you can glitch out of boss rooms (especially the last one).

>>332783201
I'm>>332780712
Just did the last boss (who btw is a joke with the upgrade to send back the projectiles) and you can start your save again after the boss fight (as if you died during the fight).
>>
>>332785320

where
>>
>>332785762
Not that one. There's a second teleporter to your right as soon as you enter the library room from the bottom. There's also a thin ledge on the right side about halfway up that I haven't found any way to reach either.
>>
>>332786089
either him or the east boss are the easiest, on NG+ though I can't even fuck with him
>>
>>332786246
Screenshot it.
>>
>>332786223
Behind a key door at the bottom of the town.
>>
>>332786089
I found southern to be even easier than western.
>>
File: porter.png (262 KB, 976x578) Image search: [Google]
porter.png
262 KB, 976x578
>>332786391
>>
>>332776915
John Walker happened.
>>
>>332786482
southern is 4 bosses though? touhou nigga and arrowbro were both pretty scary for me, but yea western was really fucking hard. once i figured out you can get him to kill his buddies before letting them out it made it a lot easier but even still he was rough

i didnt upgrade at all though
>>
>>332785835
Yup.
Makes me worried that the other areas won't work, though.
I kept backup saves so I restored one from right before and avoided dying in the area.
>>
>>332785498
I lol'ed! Have a +(You) kind sir!
>>
>>332786723
> arrowfag
> scary

how, he was probably the easier boss in the game
>>
>>332786603
Oh, that one.
>>
>>332786864
if you dont burst the mines he can 100% combo you incredibly easily, only boss in the game that can afaik
>>
The artstyle makes my eyes bleed.

Can I turn off any of those crappy filters?
>>
>>332787023
Buy a better PC.
>>
>>332787117
That won't make the game look any less like pixelshit covered in ugly filters.
>>
>>332787023
Nope.

But the worst thing about it is the 30 fps imo. Why didn't they set it at 60 and duplicate the frames? Fucking retards.
>>
>>332787185
>can't remove the filter
>30fps
What a shame. Guess I'm not picking this one up.
>>
>>332785320
Where is it?
>>
shit
>>
File: door.png (36 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
door.png
36 KB, 600x532
How do I open this door?
>>
>>332783957
Only heard on 4chan, most likely they wanted to release the 'original' game first then add more content to it, so the first release wouldn't take too long.
>>
>>332787356
Same question driving me nuts
>>
>>332787340
Well it's no wonder you guys can't find a barely hidden room when you can't even follow a reply chain.
>>
>>332787356
it unlocks when you beat the north dungeon
>>
>>332787356
>>332787447
You have to beat the boss and raise the pillar for the area the arrow points to. There are several of those throughout the game.
>>
>>332787571
>One mention of an arena
>No mention of its location
>HURR DURR UR RETARDDD

Give a direction, at least. I'm still completing the North at 6 doritos and 3 keys
>>
>>332786436
> couldn't find the door
> found soccer isntead
>>
>>332787824
Follow the reply chain, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>332774059
If you get hit by a shot, you can double dash
>>
>>332774642
What is a good site to look up for hentais?
>>
Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Who wants to talk about the bullshit soccer/football game?
>>
>>332785450
There are eight crystals, not four. You only get four marked out for you.

I only have four in North and East myself.
>>
>>332788625
i beat it once but i didnt get squat so i just stopped caring, i wonder if you ace the dude you get something?
>>
>>332788625
It's easy.
Run straight at the ball, keep pushing it, when the nigger starts moving towards you - slash the ball.
>>
>>332768205
what i want to know

is it worth the 17 dollar right now?
>>
>>332789059
I beat the game in one sitting and requested a refund because it was a buggy mess throughout.
>>
>>332789059
pirate it and find out, i downloaded it in like 5 minutes
>>
Is this better with a controller? Literally impossible with a mouse.
>>
You know, you don't have to play every indie game that comes out. Sometimes, most of them are shit. Like this one.
>>
>>332789171
is the link in this thread?
because i skipped ahead
>>
>>332789059
no its mediocre.
>>
File: whythefuckanon.png (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
whythefuckanon.png
329 KB, 1920x1080
To the anon who said "go to the west first".

FUCK.

YOU.

Also, where is the eighth module in the west?
>>
>>332789195
shooting is worse but slashing is a lot better. Slashing is used more so controller is probably what it was made for. Both schemes suck though.
>>
>>332786436
The one that takes like 8 keys? Yeah I've only found one at the starting area so far.
>>
>>332789263
no, but you can find it in half a second if you can access google
>>
File: 1459349964206.jpg (400 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459349964206.jpg
400 KB, 1280x720
>can't use my gamepad
>kb+m controls are utter shit
>>
>>332789448
Yeah its pretty shitty
>>
File: IYwIDW7.png (729 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IYwIDW7.png
729 KB, 2560x1440
I found a secret pathway in the north area near the warp that leads back to the start area. I followed it to where you passed out and I found this. oh boi
>>
Minor glitch but you can get the other drifter guy to die quicker if you reload your autosave on the screen he shows up. This also stacks the shard markers on top of each other in each area.
>>
File: 7SVT71i.png (764 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
7SVT71i.png
764 KB, 2560x1440
What is this and why can't I interact with it?
>>
>>332789374
Can you please post the western map.
Maybe I have the module you're missing.
>>
>>332789802
It's the true ending. Go find all those slabs.
>>
>>332789374
When you see the north you're probably going to understand why I said to go west first.
>>
>>332790146

John Walker leave
>>
File: Westmap1.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Westmap1.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>332789873

Pretty big map, gotta do it in parts (cause I'm incompetent with paint)
>>
File: Westmap2.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Westmap2.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>332790694
>>
Boring-ass game that has zero sense of progression

pretty though and the combat is cool for 30 mins
>>
File: Westmap3.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Westmap3.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>332790831

>>332790146

North looks easy as shit.
>>
>>332789575
die? You mean he is coughing up blood sooner?
>>
>>332791002
I want you to count how many upgrade points you get there, and count how many times you use the upgrades you bought with west's points while you're there.
>>
>>332791323

I don't really know what you're talking about.

The fuck is an upgrade point?
>>
>>332791323

JOHN WALKER LEAVE

YOU ARE A CASUAL
>>
>>332791635
>The fuck is an upgrade point?

...Have you played the game?
>>
>>332791867

Yeah.

I went west. Got 7 red diamonds, 1 green key, killed 1 (pretty fun) boss, and now I'm going north.

The fuck's an upgrade point?
>>
>>332792128

The yellow shit.
>>
>>332792128
when you see a blinking yellow cube, do you just leave it be?
>>
>>332792128
retard
>>
File: Werner-herzog-chicken-choke.jpg (41 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
Werner-herzog-chicken-choke.jpg
41 KB, 600x331
Holy fuck this game is like playing a beta

Bugs fucking everywhere, falling through walls and unresponsible controls and places that crash the game, with 90% of the KS goals not in place

who the fuck thought this was a good idea
>>
File: Progression Tokens.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Progression Tokens.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>332792223
>>332792279

No, I collect them all. I thought they were just like "progression tokens" or some shit, like the red and green things.

I had no idea you could upgrade with them.
>>
>>332792957
Jesus christ man.I don't know how to insult you
>>
Is the east area the first? I cant find the last piece and there are some areas I cant get through dash
>>
File: 1406062003284.jpg (33 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1406062003284.jpg
33 KB, 592x592
>>332792957
>>
File: Untitled.png (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
308 KB, 1920x1080
I killed the bullet hell boss, but the fragment marker is still there, is this a bug?
>>
>>332792957
This is the modern gamer, everyone. This is why games are dumbed down. This man will likely become a focus group tester.
>>
>>332793205
>>332793358
>>332793812

For what it's worth, if I was a focus group tester, I'd say this game needs to be harder.

I got through the West ok without upgrades (even got the key behind the spike trap), and I'm already halfway through North and it's a cakewalk so far. Fuck, the only thing I've really died to was spike traps and careless dashing into pits - I can count on one hand the number of times I've died in combat.
>>
>>332790831
On the bottom of this map, you see that little door?

The one you're missing is on the path just bottom left of it.

I don't quite remember how to get there, but since you know the general area you can probably figure it out.
>>
So, which way is the best to start? Because north is kicking my ass
>>
File: wew.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw did it
whatever you do, don't mute in game audio via the sliders in the options menu. That causes the game to crash when you hit 800, I know cos I did it twice
>>
Good game I say.
>>
Guys I need help. I found a game breaking bug. When I spawn I am stuck in an infinite falling into water loop where I can't die or move. What do?
>>
>>332796016
cry

Does it persist if you quit out of the game and reload?
What if you quit to main menu and reload from there?

If so, definitely cry, complain to the devs, and keep backup saves.
>>
>>332795135

SWEET

Thank you anon.

My journey to the west continues.
>>
>>332796016
Haven't had that happen to me.Maybe it's time for a reset?
>>
>>332796235
Yes it persists through all of the above. Where can I bitch to the devs?
>>
Anyone here have any info on all the triangle pieces? I have 7 out of the 8 north triangle pieces and I'm super stumped about where to find the 8th one
>>
>>332795757
north and east are probably easiest, north is what i would advise so...
>>
>>332779943
That one area gets on your fucking nerves like crazy if you're going for a completionist route, the music gets too loud and it's almost headache inducing
>>
File: 1459537568346.jpg (9 KB, 222x177) Image search: [Google]
1459537568346.jpg
9 KB, 222x177
>>332789802
You really don't want to know, anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (486 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
486 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone knows how to get there?
>>
File: asshole door.jpg (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asshole door.jpg
51 KB, 1920x1080
I killed Harvey Birdman but this still door won't open
>>
>>332796016

Quit game. Reload save.

If works, yay. If not, you're pretty much fucked. If you're super lucky you can pause it and warp home, but otherwise it's a pretty big glitch.

>>332795757

North or East.

South is locked off.

East's area is a bit difficult, but it's boss is a pushover.

North's area is a little less difficult, but it's boss is a bit tougher.

West's area will kick your balls in, and you'll probably need 100+ resets to beat the boss. No one does west first except for the retard who didn't know what upgrade points were.

Also, know that you can swap back and forth between areas to collect upgrade points until you're strong enough to plow through the area.

Oh, and don't button mash. Every single enemy telegraphs their attacks.
>>
>>332796240
Yeah, you helped me find my missing one too. Teamwork.

Also the door that this unlocks is fucking brutal.
>>
File: 1459531455692.png (343 KB, 1056x1070) Image search: [Google]
1459531455692.png
343 KB, 1056x1070
Greetings from /vg/.

Here is a complete map of the Eastern area. Use it to find whatever slabs or puzzle pieces that you might be missing.

In this area, you can also obtain an orange and white outfit.
>>
>>332796734
You didn't activate the thing at the summit after kiling harvey did you?
>>
>>332796327
http://steamcommunity.com/app/257850/discussions/0/365163686040411605/

The two that took me the longest to find were the one in the combat room before the library and the one before the area with the three green wolves about halfway up the mountain.
Invisible platforms are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>332796734
did you raise the pillar?
>>
>>332797062
>the thing at the summit
Wh-what

I beat him in a cave
>>
>>332796765
>West's area will kick your balls in, and you'll probably need 100+ resets to beat the boss.
No one can be this bad at video games.
>>
>>332797235

>No one can be this bad at video games.

I refer you to >>332792957
>>
>>332797217
What the fuck. Harvey Birdman is at the top of a mountain in a techno-Aztec temple, Anon. Not a cave.

You fucked up, son.
>>
>>332797217
After that you leave the cave yes ?
You come out at the summit of the mountain with a glowing pillar.you go touch it and it raises itself.
>>
>>332796765
North took me two tries, and that was my first area so I was still learning the ropes.

West took me 3 tries and I pretty much figured out the ropes at that point.

So it's pretty hard, but not 100+ resets hard. Although if I didn't have chain-drift that may have been a different story.
>>
>>332797353
He has retard strength though >>332795048
>>
>>332796765

I think I died more to Pepe than Crystal Man
>>
>>332768205

I think you need to post a download link
>>
File: door.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1080
>>332797364
The guy behind this door

I have done something wrong
>>
>>332797538
>dying to easiest boss
>>
>>332784980
Pretty sure you are given a message in the house you wake up at the start of the game that points to the north area.
>>
>>332796679
Fuck, really? It doesn't even look cool...
>>
>>332797619
If you speak the ancient tongue 2658196651bf6692282c0bcf4d9d030ce2cb4e8a
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.