[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modernized Baldur's Gate style RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Throne of Bhaal Start.png (965 KB, 1016x764) Image search: [Google]
Throne of Bhaal Start.png
965 KB, 1016x764
I wasn't really alive for the older RPGs but i've been trying out "retro" games and I found one called "Baldur's Gate"
But some things I noticed:

1. Baldur's gate has a much better variety of spells you can cast. And way more classes/races you can be. And the alignment system is interesting.
2. Baldur's gate has a better atmosphere even though the graphics are some of the most terrible of any game i've ever seen.
3. Baldur's gate has a much better story.
4. Skyrim has better gameplay
5. Baldur's gate is much more difficult than Skyrim.

Also I still haven't beat Baldur's gate yet I just started this game, but are there any modern RPGs like this one? Sorry if this topic is banned or whatever, I just never saw an RPG like this before, or as fun as this, so I want one like it with good graphics.
>>
>>332764891
Dungeon's and Dragons is shit and if you like it you should red mist yourself.
>>
>>332764968
What is dungeons and dragons?
>>
>>332765840
Kill yourself you underage
>>
>>332764891

Lurk more before posting.
>>
>>332766205
I was reading this board for over an hour before I asked, I saw nothing resembling this game and no mention of any modern game like it on any thread, or even with a google search. I'm reading about dungeons and dragons now but it's a board game.
>>
>>332764891
u r underage.

Also POE comes reasonably close for a modern game, and apparently divinity is good but I can't get into it.

kotor 1/2 are very good and have a similar system (it's d20 based)

Just rotate replaying BG1/2 and IWD like the rest of us
>>
File: 1333200013075.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1333200013075.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
>>332764891
>People are falling for this
>>
>>332766372
at least try to be funny when you shitpost. it's less offensive that way.
>>
>>332766410
oh and planescape: torment is fuckin gr8
>>
>>332766410
>knights of the old republic
I never played this but I definitely will now thanks anon. I guess I don't really care about if the game follows the dungeons and dragons rules, like baldur's gate apparently does, but I just want an RPG with the kind of variety of spellcasting, where the spells you use have a lot of variety and creativity behind them. Being a spell caster is really vindicating in this game so far, even though i think I'd be having an easier time early on as a fighter or a ranger or something.
>>
Can we hijack this thread to talk about the Siege of Dragonspear?
I just finished the first dungeon and now that fucker in the palace gambled away all my money.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.