[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Runescape ever a truly good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: zamorak.png (58 KB, 519x142) Image search: [Google]
zamorak.png
58 KB, 519x142
Was Runescape ever a truly good game?
>>
>>332747913
Well, technically it has always been a boring grindy piece of shit but it had tons of charm and the community WAS excellent in my opinion. Lots of friends were made, good moments shared, getting scammed out of the ass and then immediately after realising you got goofed. Good times, good times.
>>
>>332747913
To be honest, Lynda. No.
Most of the appeal is nostalgia!
>>
>>332747913

Well Lynda, Classic was a nice and calm atmospheric game where new content meant new areas to explore and interesting new abilities, areas, or items.

Then RS2 split the playerbase. It was fine since it was mostly a better looking game with some new possibilities, but then they went too far and started changing the game at its core.
>>
>>332748448
It was also just fun to explore the world. A pretty large part of the map is pen from the get-go. The quests you do just make you delve even deeper, so there was also something to do, someplace to go.
>>
Like alot of things once it got popular it went to shit
>>
>>332749843
Was a good game though
>>
It literally had the best quests as an MMO.

And the PVP was all kinds of fun.
>>
It had interesting quests.

Everything else was pretty bad.
>>
>>332750231
I agree with Vince. Not a single MMO has even come close to Runescape's quests, it's the one thing Jagex has been consistently good at.
>>
Is the shilling for /v/scape still happening?
>>
>>332747913
Maybe not gameplay wise, but in terms of the world and the atmosphere I think it's really great. Just walking around the map is pretty enjoyable for me.
>>
>>332747913
Of course Lynda, the thing about RS that not many other MMO has is that there is more than 1 way to make money and there is a lot of content aviable for you even if you are low level

There are minigames you can play, there are quests you can fill up, there is allways something to do, it's grindy as fuck sure, but that's the point
>>
>>332747913
No, but same as wow vanilla and other old mmorpgs everyone remembers fondly the player interaction and the role playing that made everyone forgot how shit the game was.
>>
what the fuck are these names
>>
>>332754215
To an extent (one might argue it's small or large, but the game certainly has a hand to play in this) that's because the game is designed to facilitate such interactions so they deserve at least some of the credit.
>>
>>332747913
It had/has the best quests and minigames of any MMORPG yet
>>
>>332754668
That is true and that's what these modern mmorpgs are lacking by catering to the iphone audience. I'm pretty sure that if they took out LFG, LFR, garrisons and flying mounts in wow and kept the shitty gameplay and everything else it has today it would still be extremely popular and beloved.
>>
>>332747913
the quests and exploration were neat at the time but other than that it didn't really have anything going for it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.