[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: tos_logo.png (124 KB, 402x220) Image search: [Google]
tos_logo.png
124 KB, 402x220
So what's the verdict?
>>
Modern MMO, so it's shit.
>>
Blunder of the decade and I'm not exaggerating. We'll never get the magic we had with RO back again.
>>
>>332743732
>removed item trading
>no auction house
>team name change is done via request in forum and not in-game
>skill reset potion only available via item mall
>no item mall
>economy is basically locked behind paygate
Down the shitter it goes.
>>
File: laima.jpg (206 KB, 720x1024) Image search: [Google]
laima.jpg
206 KB, 720x1024
>>332743732

Trading is limited (for what I'm assuming is to get the gold sellers under control). But right now it's just a chill game. No skill resets is extremely frustrating because if you fuck up you have to start a new character. But leveling is easy and I think people are being a bunch of crybaby bitches because they're used to MMO's being extremely easy and linear. So if you want to just fuck around and try out a lot of new characters and classes, give it a try.
>>
>>332743732
Its pretty 100K = $14 P V P B A N K . . . C OM - ---mh2g8
>>
How long does it take to reach level cap? Will this game at least last me a few months?
>>
>>332744173
How are they still not being dealt with? Just have some GM online to ban each time a global message like that appears.
>>
>>332743905
>removed item trading
As in item trading was a feature and they just decided to remove it? For what purpose?
>>
>>332744886
It's behind a paywall now. $18 for 30 trades
>to stop the RMTs

IMC's greed ruined this game
>>
>>332743905
>name reset is done via website
That's because it's fuck up on their part. You can do it in-game.
>>
>>332744969
Why can't we have nice things.
>>
>>332744969
can you make shops ragnarok style?
>>
>>332743784
First post is best post.

The magic is gone.
>>
>>332745253
No. Previously, you could set up a shop to /buy/ items at a specified price. That was removed.

Also worth mentioning is that BOTH people who want to trade need to be under premium status, so it's completely fucked.
>>
I got $10s worth and getting all the BGM in mp3 format is nice, but the game is fucking trash and will only sink further. Publisher is only interested in wringing maximum money out of it with no concern for game health. I'll be amazed if this shit isn't a ghost town 2 months after early access finishes.
>>
>>332745342
It's safe to say games nowadays are all lacking the magic of games made say pre 2006 or so. I've had more fun playing shit like KOTOR 2 and RE 0 lately than any game that's come out in the last few years. And that makes me pretty sad.
>>
>>332745361
Well, I guess to time wait for custom servers.
>>
The base game has so much potential and fun to be had. The beta has great but greed really did ruin this game.
>>
>>332743732
It's almost comical how badly they managed to fuck this up. People assumed the game would just be bad because it would be a linear, generic and uninspired theme park mmo and essentially just a worse RO. People feared that Nexon would publish it in the west, but I don't think many people expected some of the worst pay2win in modern mmos to come out of this.
>>
>>332746287
How is it pay2win? I'm interested.
>>
i was top 10 pyro in the last beta

did they make casting any more fun?
>>
>>332746564
No
>>
>>332746517
see >>332744969

that's just one part of it
>>
>>332744494

>paying for a GM
>even going out the way to hire those who do it for free

GMs are pre-2006, bro
>>
>>332743732
Where is my Shinobi?.
>>
How is the community? Is it like every other MMO where no one ever talks to anyone and the chat is flooded by bots?
>>
How grindy it is fellow 4google members?
>>
>>332748643
Chat is premium only.
>>
>>332748643
You have to pay to talk.
>>
i'm not paying money to play a f2p game early.
>>
>>332744203
It would take you centuries
>>
The game itself is pretty horrible. I can't really think of a single good thing they've done, despite all of the good ideas they started out with.
It's bombing hard and IMC probably realizes there's absolutely no way to fix it enough to even make the game playable, let alone fun.
The aggressive cash shop and "head-start" system is probably just a way to squeeze as much money as possible out of whales before the game dies in less than a month.

Greed isn't what ruined Tree of Savior. Just the opposite, actually- the devs were given TOO MUCH time and money, and they wasted all of it.
>>
>>332754521
I think the class system is extremely interesting, but due to the batshit insane xp curve you never get to play around with it
>>
>>332743732
Fuck paying 50 bucks for a F2P game.
Wait a month for verdicts of real people who aren't cucks.
>>
>>332746287
>People assumed the game would just be bad because it would be a linear, generic and uninspired theme park mmo
And they were absolutely right.
>>
>>332755070
The class system itself is ruined by all skills being based on static damages / heals instead of being entirely scaling-based, so each time you get a new skill with the same function as an old one from a previous class that old skill becomes completely worthless.
And then they shat on the classes further by limiting parties to only a pathetic 6 people when the whole point should've been large battles with a variety of classes performing specific roles.
>>
>>332749642
>>332749789
Not true.

You can do local chat, party chat, guild chat and whisper chat just find.

Only shouting to the world via megaphones requires money (like most F2P games).

Today I was doing 2 different quests where people were raging in chat because the mob spawns for quests were getting killed by other players and they respawn very slowly.
>>
>>332755836
So just like ragnarok then?
>>
>>332756429
No, not like Ragnarok at all.
>>
>>332743732
>Not even out properly

>what's the verdick? ?!?!?! !?
>>
dead on release

they fucked up with the pay 2 access early
>>
>>332756536
I don't think you played ragnarok if you think skills weren't obsoleted by later ones
>>
its actually pretty good. i decided to try it out after deciding to not try it out because i read these threads, but the game surprised me. its the only mmo released in what, 3-4 years that i genuinely enjoy. the last ones were Tera and Aika
>>
Have they fixed the crossbow class yet? It was awful in beta.
They weren't. Each skill in RO had a specific purpose. Even if other skills were arguably better, like say, bowling bash compared to bash, they performed different functions. Tree of Saviour just gives you new skills that do the exact same thing as skills you already have but now do better damage instead. It's not the same.
>>
>>332743732
>1000 queues to get into the game
>lag out the ass
>it's not even remotely fun so far (level 20)
>movement with the directional pad on keyboard
>weapons and armor, when upgrading have a chance to break
>which means there is going to or already existing cash shop item to prevent an item from breaking

It's not looking good so far, however, there hasn't been an MMO with a good launch. I might ask for a refund and wait until the actual launch to see if they remedy the gold spammers, abrubpt disconnect, unresponsive quest, etc.
>>
Did they fix the archer's auto-attack forcing them to automatically move towards the target?
>>
File: fBzQniR.png (71 KB, 341x129) Image search: [Google]
fBzQniR.png
71 KB, 341x129
>>332758127
>It's not looking good so far, however, there hasn't been an MMO with a good launch.
It's not just a bad launch.
The game doesn't seem to have shown any major improvements AT ALL since iCBT2, several months ago.
There is no way this game is going anywhere but straight into the shitter.
>>
Is there a reason why I have to pay 18 euro for a 1 month sub ?This is like 20$ for 1 month and other mmo games have usually from 8 to 12 euro.

I think its a little bit too much for a sub to pay when you dont get much out of it actually.
>>
>>332757683

I just end up comparing this skill system to something like maplestory where each skill was simply a % of your attack skill. Such as attack (2 hits 125% dmg) wich scaled from your weapon attack + primary stat. And abilities at later levels were better with bigger % and more hits and effects. I just felt better overall
>>
>>332759197
Yeah it feels like it doesn't offer much especially since its higher cost than most p2p mmos have.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.