[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bosses you didn't kill the obvious way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: real archery trial.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
real archery trial.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Can we have a thread about bosses that you can kill differently than the way you're supposed to do?
I remember, back when I was a kid. I beat those flying worms only with the bow and the sword, because I never understood how the Mask of the Giant worked and that it only worked against these bosses.

What are some other games in which I can beat bosses by an unusual mean?
>>
File: 360.jpg (15 KB, 305x305) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
15 KB, 305x305
I don't know if he counts as a boss but I got six stars to beat Hillary, a something killed him off screen the mission failed and the game froze.
>>
>>332741843
I killed Gyorg with the Zora Boomerangs.

Took fucking forever.
>>
>>332741843
I beat that chariot boss in Dark Souls 2 by swinging an ultra greatsword at the guy and taking the hit. I had just enough estus to make him fall into the pit. It was only later did I learn about the lever to close the door.
>>
File: manus outside the fog.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
manus outside the fog.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>332742849
How? Is there a video to show how you can do this?

I also thought of Dark Souls with the examples of Manus and the Capra Demon that you can kill from outside of the boss arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHxbRy_x8o
>>
>>332741843
Every single boss in Metal Gear Series.
>>
>>332743150
I was using an ultra greatswiord (that really big grey one you get kinda early in the game) and timing my swings so that I struck the guy before he ran me over. My character had enough health to take the hit and my estus was almost a full heal at that point. I did enough damage that it only took like 6 or so swings before he almost falls into the pit. At that point a single strike kills him.

You can read up on that boss in a DS2 wiki
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Executioners+Chariot?responseToken=9b0dced5ec7aef60432c39c07fe258c1

>you can whittle the Chariot's health down to about 30% after ten or so passes. At this point, you should hear the Chariot fail to make the jump in its circuit. Exploring will show the horse stuck on the ledge trying to climb up to the other side, but the Chariot itself is stuck down the hole and stopping the horse from continuing its pass. At this point the player can simply do an attack to knock the boss into the hole, killing it, or finish the Chariot off at their own leisure.
>>
I did a plunging attack on the taurus demon
>>
File: 1458285873883.png (10 KB, 390x362) Image search: [Google]
1458285873883.png
10 KB, 390x362
>>332743575
Wow. That's some good secret here. I had never known it was possible.
>>
File: a-bomb-JC.png (247 KB, 320x276) Image search: [Google]
a-bomb-JC.png
247 KB, 320x276
>>332741843
Killing Anna Navarre with LAMs as she boards the 747.
Sniping Ryder from the docks.
Taking out Queen Deidranna with a single merc blitz run.
Blowing up with the HL1 gargantuan with explosives [his sound fx continue to play as you explore the level].
Ignoring Undertale, instead of finishing it.
Stimpacking someone to death in Fallout.
Punching a dragon to death in Skyrim.
EMP denial to cripple and o2-starve a ship on FTL.
Beating Frankie Niagara to death with his own bat [a personal favorite].
Successfully punching someone to death in a M&B battle.

Fuck, /v/. Top that.
>>
In the Witcher 3, I forced a wyvern I think to land in water and died on the spot. Got fuckall exp because the damn thing was like 15 levels above mine which apparently doesn't let me earn exp.
>>
>>332743586
that's not really unusual my dude
>>
>>332741843
you can kill ghot by stabding in the doorway of his lair and shooting him with fire arrows everytime he runs past (youre supposed to chase him around the room with the goron mask). only one that comes to mind.
>>
Ceaseless Discharge without luring him into the pit. Parrying the pursuer and finishing him with the ballista. Sniping The End out of his wheelchair after that cutscene. Gwyn without parrying :D
>>
>>332743150
I can't kill him as my mage. Sif is almost useless.
>>
File: mytha.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mytha.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
I didn't know you could remove the poison until after I beat Mytha.
>>
I'm guessing this was how you were meant to do it but it's still weird. In The Boss fight in MGS3 I was able to stay hidden while I kept snipping her with the tranquilizer sniper rifle and she never found me. She just kept running around looking for me but could never find me while I stamina killed her.
>>
>>332745636
I killed the crossbowmen first
>>
>>332746447
edgy
>>
File: 1454561944090.png (816 KB, 680x863) Image search: [Google]
1454561944090.png
816 KB, 680x863
Last one I can remember was Sundowner.

I had no idea how to aim in zandatsu, so I couldn't cut his shields off. He actually was fuckin invincible.

So I ran in circles around him and spammed the dash cut until he hit 20%, where all his arms exploded at once and he phased automatically
>>
File: 1458048177670.jpg (272 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1458048177670.jpg
272 KB, 560x560
>eat spider donut to restore health
>battle ends early
>>
>>332745983
You can also cut off her tail
>>
I beat The Boss in MGS3 with the gas-spray cigarettes.
>>
File: rMVP9iI.png (4 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
rMVP9iI.png
4 KB, 321x322
There's also the 6 steps to beat the Dragonrider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR_g3-7ttA0
>>
>>332745838
You need to get better at the game

More seriously, the silver pendant can help you tremendously. A good role is recommanded so a equipment load of under 50% and if you have the dark wood grain ring, under 25% could be even better. Don't be greedy and it will eventually pay off.
>>
>>332741843
You were a pretty dumb kid.
>>
>>332745357
>normal gunther fight (i.e. if you don't manage to kill him earlier)
>try to headshot him
>he survives
>run away
>climb up and hide on a ledge
>don't know where he's gone
>climb down
>look around
>find him standing in a doorway, facing out
>headshot him again
>he explodes
>>
>>332743575
I've seen a webm of this somewhere.
>>
just recently, i beat Ganondorf at the end of Hyrule Warriors without weakening him by saving Zelda.
>>
File: Twintails ni Narimasu.gif (273 KB, 212x137) Image search: [Google]
Twintails ni Narimasu.gif
273 KB, 212x137
>Getting behind Sonic 2 final boss and wrecking its shit
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.