[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>horror genre is dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1441512355759.jpg (53 KB, 816x812) Image search: [Google]
1441512355759.jpg
53 KB, 816x812
>horror genre is dead
>>
Kojima will save it.
>>
>>332741015
Kojima killed the best franchise in vidya history and now he's gonna save something? Nah
>>
>>332740835
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>332740835
>Anything before 7th gen is getting expensive quickly with the except of action-horror
>Nightcry threads die easily despite being based on a "popular" series
>new horror game does come out but it's the usual "absolutely no fun walking simulator" with jumpscares a plenty because it's from a 10 man team with no ideas except le spooks
It's fucked beyond repair
>>
M. Night Shyamalan will save it.
>>
Good

Why would I waste my time and money on something that scare the shit out of me?
>>
>>332741184
Why not?
>>
ive found alot of hope in games like Cry of Fear. otherwise....yeah
>>
>>332741167
He can't save his own movies how is he supposed to save this genre?
>>
>>332740835

Fall of Konami mang plus the torch was taken and dropped by the indie crowd.
>>
Dying Light's not that bad though
>>
>>332741154
>NightCry
http://steamspy.com/app/427660
Owners: 893

Holy shit this is abysmal. It's no wonder why Capcom wouldn't bother making a Haunting Grounds or Clock Tower sequel if these are the kind of sales they got. The game may not be great, but I don't think it's horrible either.
>>
>>332743658
Too bad dying light doesn't even come close to a horror game. If you can move really fast, it isn't a horror game. If you don't have to fear dying, it isn't a horror game. If you can shoot a gun constantly as if you are playing COD, it is not a horror game. If you don't mind going outside during nighttime, and daytime is a joke that takes up half the game, then it is not a horror game. So on so forth.
>>
>>332744196

>I define the genre not the people who make the games

okay
>>
what do you mean anon. resident evil 6 remastered just came out :)
>>
>>332744276
People who make games don't define a genre. A genre already exists, and if their game fits the definition of that genre, then they made a game in that genre. A horror game has a main focus of trying to scare you. If you create a game where it goes out of its way to NOT scare you, then it isn't a horror game.

If you think you can make a non-horror game, then call it a horror game, then you are just a worthless entitled cunt that shouldn't be making vidya.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.