[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have the prettiest looking women in the galaxy >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1449948075689.jpg (338 KB, 1000x940) Image search: [Google]
1449948075689.jpg
338 KB, 1000x940
>Have the prettiest looking women in the galaxy
>can't romance a single one

Fuck you bioware
>>
>Making love to a creature covered in bone plates with no soft tissue / fat at all
Why
That's about the least comfy thing to fuck
>>
Romance in Mass Effect has always been shitty, especially if you play a male Shepard. A female Shepard can at least go for Garrus and other weird races, but male Shepards are stuck with human girls, blue girls, and purple girls.

It's really boring. I would've loved to have seen stuff like Salarians, Krogans, Turians, and more.
>>
>>332738293
Salarians don't have a sex drive, and krogans are just plain ugly. Turians are the only ones where it might have worked.
>>
Because alien women would be too fetishy according to Bioware

:^)
>>
>>332739197
Blue and purple humans are still aliens
>>
>western games
>having good-looking women
good one OP
>>
>>332739102
Never said there had to be sex, just that it'd be cool to see relationships. I know it's Bioware, but the culmination of a romance doesn't always have to be a poorly animated, awkward sex scene.

And hey, opinions. I'm down for Krogans. Mainly Turians, but yeah.
>>
>>332739356
>the culmination of a romance doesn't always have to be a poorly animated, awkward sex scene

B-but how else can you know that you've won the relationship?
>>
>>332739102
They're full of shit. There's a Salarian guy on Illium enjoying the Asari dancer at his table.
And Administrator Anoleis is said to have been caught screwing his secretary.

Salarians are able to get horny and not only do we have the right but we deserve to stick it in their cloaca.

And bang Krogan.

And bang Turians.

Male and Female. AS Male and Female.
>>
File: 3.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>332739431
>B-but how else can you know that you've won the relationship?

Right, we're talking about Bioware. Forgot about that. God forbid they try to show romance through anything but sex scenes with mysterious amounts of steam and neon lights throughout.
>>
>Can't bang female Krogans
Why even live
>>
>>332739356
I don't think too many people would be interested in role-playing a sexless romance.

>the culmination of a romance doesn't always have to be a poorly animated, awkward sex scene

I agree with this in the sense that I don't think every romance should follow the same formula of "Talk to them a couple of times and then have sex once before the final battle." If anything, the sex should happen midway through the game, and the relationship continues to develop throughout the rest of the story.
>>
>>332735574
That mouth hole is just begging for my fat donger
>>
>>332739714
Aren't they rare enough that they're war trophies of powerful clans?

If word got out, you'd probably never be able to sleep soundly
>>
>>332739102
>he wouldn't let his krogan bro ram his ass to cool down from a blood rage
>>
>>332739639
I thought about that a while ago.
Is there any game where the main character can't romance anyone (not "can avoid romancing people"; can't!) but a side-character has a romance plot that takes place during the game?

I get that it's often more interesting if it happens to the main character, since that's the one we identify with and control, but it could be fun to see party members get some love too... and that happens, but it's more of a side thing, while the main character is also romancing someone.
>>
File: 1343558102236[1].jpg (77 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1343558102236[1].jpg
77 KB, 368x368
>>332739731
>I don't think too many people would be interested in role-playing a sexless romance.

That's the sad truth of the matter, isn't it? Intimacy and love just isn't blatant enough to most people unless there are sex scenes strewn about. Unless characters get naked most people are incapable of identifying romance. It's sad. Even sadder when you remember that Asari can actually share themselves through contact that isn't even sexual. Despite that though we have Liara awkwardly grinding on Shepard in a steamy sex scene.
>>
>>332739889
Worth it.
>>
>>332739872
>that hard chitinous beak which lacks lips and is full of nightmarishly sharp teeth is just waiting for my vulnerable meat mammoth
Anon no
Do NOT fuck an industrial mincer
>>
>>332735574
Bioware isn't going to cater to fan service or your lonely existence.
>>
>>332739102
provided you can get past the whole "dextro-amino" blah blah whatever bullshit that turians have.
>>
>>332739889
Was it in ME 2 or 3 where Shepard did something and EDI says that several krogans have expressed the wish to mate with him/her.
I think that happens no matter if you're male or female..?
>>
File: 1342807288240[1].jpg (80 KB, 984x737) Image search: [Google]
1342807288240[1].jpg
80 KB, 984x737
>>332740049
>Bioware isn't going to cater to fan service or your lonely existence.

You're kidding, right? Unless you mean to say they won't cater to their existence but will cater very much to their own pathetic fan's existence. Because that was basically everything that was the Citadel DLC, the Garrus romance in general, the Tali romance in general, and more.

Bioware panders to their fan-fic creators and forums lurkers way more than any other developer I've seen before. It's really sad.
>>
>>332739962
Just about every love story that involves adults includes at least one sex scene or the implication that sex occurred at some point. This is true no matter what the medium, because that's one of the things most couples do when they're in love. Why do you have such a problem with sex in love stories?
>>
>>332740146
ME2 you get a breeding request from 1 grill Krogan after doing Grunts loyalty mission
>>
>>332740146
It was ME2, and it happens for both Shepards.

Funny that it was played off as a joke in the game yet look at this thread.
>>
I am sick to death of this SJW Pandering to Homosexuals with vanilla taste We're so progressive bullshit.

You want to be progressive, Bioware?

Let us bang Aliens!
Male on Male, Female on Female, Male on Female, Female on Male. Krogans, Turians, Drell, Salarians, Asari and Geth/Quarians if they're still going to be around.

I want hot Xeno on Human sex.

You need to step up and provide for us and frankly you owe it to us after Mass Effect 3.
>>
File: Mordin1.png (818 KB, 944x944) Image search: [Google]
Mordin1.png
818 KB, 944x944
>>332740087
"Don't...ingest."
>>
>>332740256
I have no issue with sex, but sex being used as a win state for a romance in-game is incredibly cheap and forced. Games like KOTOR 2, Planescape Torment, and other RPGs manage to show romance without blatantly throwing sex in, and it works quite well. In fact, it enhances the characters because for some it makes little sense for there to be sexual contact. Look at Liara for example. With her species there's little reason for direct contact. Yet we absolutely must have an awkward sex scene to show the player they have completed the romance, with an achievement thrown in to top it off.

I don't have an issue with sex in love stories, but the way it's used in games is often tactless and only thrown in to show the player that the romance has completed. If sex was better implemented in vidya stories I would have less of an complaint, but it isn't.
>>
>>332740270
>played off as a joke
>same series where someone on board the Normandy has fucked a Varren and somehow picked up a venereal disease from it

Bioware just can't stop themselves from slipping deviancy in there. Except with dwarfs, because that would be like pedophilia you sicko.
>>
>>332740510
>I have no issue with sex, but sex being used as a win state for a romance in-game is incredibly cheap and forced.
>Yet we absolutely must have an awkward sex scene to show the player they have completed the romance, with an achievement thrown in to top it off.

I think you're reading too much into it. I don't think this is Bioware turning romance into a shallow minigame so much as it's just that they tend to write formulaic romances because they haven't quite figured out how to integrate them into an interactive medium.
>>
>>332740784
Is that not somewhat the same thing? Writing a formulaic romance that requires simplistic steps within the game to complete. Is that not kind of a minigame when you think about it?

Maybe I am reading too far into it, but the result is still more or less the same in that Bioware doesn't know how to integrate sex into a romance very well. Nor do a lot of developers, but that's a different subject. So I'd just love to see them try a romance without sex, maybe they could write something more genuine without feeling the need to build around an impending steamy scene.
>>
>>332740961
I'd actually find a romance to be *less* genuine if it seemed like the writers went out of their way to avoid including sex. It's not realistic. It's not how people act. In a way, it would feel immature, like the writers are too embarrassed to include it or something, as if they were six-year-olds who giggle when you even say the word "sex".

I agree that the romances can tend to feel like they're just building up to the big dramatic sex scene, and then they're basically over. However, I think the solution is to do the opposite of what you're talking about. Rather than build up the sex scene as this big dramatic thing that the whole romance subplot is building up to, have the sex happen fairly early on, don't dwell on it too much, and keep the relationship going with more dialogue and so forth. That's more realistic, more mature, and more interesting.
>>
>>332739932
I don't know of any games like that. I think a big obstacle to doing something like that would be that if you write an NPC-on-NPC romance between two party members I never use or never use together, I'll never see it. On the other hand, it's easier to write a romance between the PC and an NPC because you can always count on the PC being present.
>>
>>332740087
Quarians have the same deal, so if you can get it to work with Tali, you can get it to work with a Turian.
>>
>>332740209
>Citadel DLC

I'm guessing a major motivation behind that DLC was to make some kind of apology to the fans so that Andromeda doesn't completely fail.
>>
>>332740087
Quarians have the same problem. And yet we have Tali.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.