[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat this series a few minutes ago. It was amazing. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: ME3_Cover_Art.png (1 MB, 763x1078) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Cover_Art.png
1 MB, 763x1078
I just beat this series a few minutes ago.
It was amazing.

I chose the Synthesis Ending. It just made sense since I thought the underlying message of this series was 'understanding', especially after bringing peace between the Geth and Quarians as well as EDI's growth and the chats that went with it between her and Shepard. This ending brings the two 'races' of synthetics and organics together in harmony, fulfilling that message perfectly.

What did you think /v/?
>>
That's a pretty good justification for it. Seriously though, congrats on turning every organic into a husk.

I always go for destroy myself, not interested in being swayed when I've been committed to killing all the Reapers since the beginning of the series. Good game.
>>
>>332730829

>not interested in being swayed

"There's always, another way." anon... I believe someone very respected once said that. :/
>>
>>332731170
I do like the time capsule ending.
>>
Red ending for me, it was the mission for all those years so why would i change it because ghost fag showed up.
>>
>>332730057
I destroyed the Reapers. It was Shepard's goal since ME1, so why should it change in the end because of muh Geth friends?

Also, ME2 was the best.
>>
File: 1431245670486.jpg (12 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
1431245670486.jpg
12 KB, 237x212
>>332730057
>he chose to give sentience to the monstrosities that are husks
>he chose to use unexplainable space magic to affect every living organism in the galaxy regardless of their feelings about this
>he chose to combine man and machine without fully understanding the consequences despite organic-synthetic enemies being the main antagonists in every single game
>>
File: Frustrating.png (204 KB, 705x715) Image search: [Google]
Frustrating.png
204 KB, 705x715
>buy Mass Effect 3, heavily discounted on sale
>buy the Prothean DLC too because "hey, it's on sale, and I'm still paying less overall than I would pay for the base game at base price"
>the game has an unavoidable crash right at the beginning of the DLC that renders the entirety of it unplayable
>my goddamn face when
>>
I chose to install MEHEM to avoid the kid.
>>
>>332733456

Without Shepard, everyone would have died in ME1... so any choice he makes should be respected.
>>
I really wish when Catalyst talks to you about the three options and shows a preview of them they had Anderson do destroy, Saren do synthesis, and TIM do control. Would've been a nice touch. The fact that they didn't shows how little thought was put into the ending.
>>
File: HMY6XKz.jpg (243 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
HMY6XKz.jpg
243 KB, 1680x1050
>>332730057
congratulations anon, i consider you a friend ! Now leave because /v/ hates this wonderful series and they will proceed to shit all over you in this thread.
>>
>>332732510
Exactly. The goal from the start was to destroy the Reapers. Everyone that dies from the weapon died from casualties of war that couldnt be avoided. .
>>
>>332732510
>>332734904
yeah but people can change, if you say you will do something today, doesn't mean you will feel the same after certain events have occurred. Shepard changed since ME1 to the ending of ME3 :)
>>
>>332730057
ME1 was the fucking best.
ME2 was bad, but not awful.
I haven't even finished ME3 yet because of how much I hate it compared to ME1.
>>
>>332734904
>couldnt be avoided

But that's wrong since Synthesis existed as a choice. You're just trying to justify your renegade mindset that revels in destruction. Shepard epitomizes cooperation, and destroying the Reapers when there was a clear cut way to ,not only spare them, but bring peace, goes against his character.
>>
>>332735134
Shepard is a blank slate anon, he has no character
>>
Just a reminder Wrex was literally the only who gave a shit about you. Ever
>>
>>332734736
Without Hitler, Germany would've stayed bankrupt and broken as a people and country.... so any choice he makes should be respected.
>>
Control ending is the best.

Synthesis
>Galaxy becomes infinitely powerful with limitless intelligence and efficiency
>however people are synthesized against their will

Control
>You keep the power of the reapers, without forcing people into something against their will
>Not as powerful as Synthesis but close
>You get to defend the galaxy for the rest of time against all threats

Destroy
>stupid idea, not even going to talk about it
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (34 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
34 KB, 1360x768
>not romancing best girl

I seriously hope you guys didn't do this...
>>
>>332735209
Not entirely true. No matter what you do, Shepard literally wants the universe to get along and cooperate.
The only difference is whether he uses intimidation or diplomacy to get them to get along.
>>
>>332735381
>Romancing a google image search
>>
>>332735323

Okay, I'm glad you agree.
>>
>>332735232
reminder that there isn't one person who didn't abandon you at one point
>>
>>332735456
Garrus. Only time he left was when you were busy trying to un-die yourself which he didn't even know about. What was he supposed to do? Jettison himself into space to die next to you?
>>
>>332735329
>>however people are synthesized against their will

People are born against their will too, but that doesn't make it wrong, anon.
>>
>>332735531

Garrus was true bro.
Broest bro I've ever encountered in any vidya, ever.
>>
>>332734736
Everyone should have died long before ME1, because there's really no good reason the Starchild shouldn't have been able to open the Citadel relay himself.
>>
>>332735406
Yes, that's why he can sabotage the genophage, leave the autistic guy hooked up the the Cerberus torture machine, let Samara kill herself and then kill her daughter, can repeatedly threaten people for fun, can kill people for personal pleasure, etc. He's just a big softie on the inside. Truly the most noble blank slate.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (33 KB, 315x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
33 KB, 315x200
They're all retardedly fucking dumb, since the entire plot of "uhh robots will kill you so to stop them we'll kill you first?" reaches new levels of awful writing in any game ever.

It boggles my mind that one of the ending choices is LITERALLY WHAT SAREN WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. How Bioware doesn't see the irony is beyond my comprehension.

The least retarded of them all (but still retarded) is the destroy ending. It's still retarded because it randomly adds a pointless stipulation that it'll kill all synthetic life, but it makes the most sense canonically. No half measures. Kill the threat. You can always try and rebuild synthetics later. Plus, it's the only ending showing that Shepard is alive and well, which is fine by me.
>>
>>332735581
Actually, some people do think that makes it wrong.
>>
File: Me2ellusive1.jpg (732 KB, 2560x1438) Image search: [Google]
Me2ellusive1.jpg
732 KB, 2560x1438
i liked him; he was cool :)
he was a little rude in me3 though, but thats okay
>>
>>332735771
More importantly, there is really is no good reason for Sovereign to have bothered investigating why the Citadel wasn't working when the Reapers could have just used the Alpha Relay, which allowed them to instantly spread across the Galaxy.
>>
>>332734821
>im a fucking faggot newshit who knows nothing
Most people enjoy ME series here just hate the ending to 3 because its fucking stupid. Its also very common for people who dislike a game to be very vocal here. Stop being a fucking faggot or go back to one of your hugboxes. The ending to ME3 is one of the worst endings in a good series if not the worst ever.
>>
>>332730057
You've failed the human race and charles darwin.
>>
>>332735791
>It's still retarded because it randomly adds a pointless stipulation that it'll kill all synthetic life

If it didn't, no one would ever choose anything else.
>>
File: 5s6JpgY.gif (2 MB, 186x170) Image search: [Google]
5s6JpgY.gif
2 MB, 186x170
>>332735979
Then maybe they should've taken some fucking creative initiative and had one capably written ending with smaller bits that change, or people that survive/die, relationships broken, etc, and not three endings that all suck massive chode.
>>
>>332735972
shut the fuck up, i've been in ME threads for years and /v/irgins here hate each game for various reasons. Not all of /v/, but i've see way more hate than love for all 3 games.
>>
>>332735979
That doesnt explain why it would do that in the scene.
>all of our endings are nonsensical but now that they are equally nonsensical that makes them good

They just shit on the only ending that would have made sense
>>
>>332735950
The Starchild makes even Sovereign completely unnecessary.

And while I'm at it, I think it's stupid that the Reapers' harbinger is called Sovereign and the Reapers' sovereign is called Harbinger.
>>
Why does everyone seem to hate the endings?
What would have been the ideal?
>>
>>332735531
what about in ME3? I don't remember how he becomes a squad memeber
>>
>>332736263
You find him leading Turian forces on Palaven's moon or something.
>>
>>332735531
oh right you find him fighting on the moon after you lost your ship
>>
>>332736193
You can stop lying you are wrong. 80%ish of this board agrees fun series just delete the last hour of ME3. There is a vocal minority against every good game because this board has a lot of contrarians. If you had been here longer than a fucking week you would not only know that but also wouldn't get so flared up for getting called out.
>>
>>332736123
>>332736196
I think you two have the impression that I was defending Bioware. I wasn't. I think Destroy killing the geth and EDI was a total contrivance that the writers only put in there because they wanted to steer people toward Synthesis, but they knew almost everyone would go for Destroy unless they tacked on some kind of downside.
>>
>>332736193
As someone who's been here for a decade, you're talking out your ass. He's literally right.
>>
>>332730057
/r/ing the comic of the last prothean after he gets synthed, the ones with the geths fucking everything.
>>
>>332735791
You know, if I had to play devil's advocate, which I will do because I have nothing better to do at the moment, I'd say the whole "create immortal kill machines to stop life from being killed by machines" plan actually makes a basic degree of sense in a roundabout way because if I recall correctly, Reapers don't reap primitive lifeforms or those without advanced technology. So they kill everyone who has advanced technology but leave cavemen alive, as opposed to some advanced race accidentaly going and creating something capable of destroying all life, period.

But it's still such an idiotic motivation, goddamnit.
>>
>>332736362
Yup I realize that just wanted to make sure you didn't think that in any way excused their shitty shitty shitty ending.
>>
>>332736219
Well first off it wouldn't have been based around synthetics for no reason.
It also wouldn't have a giant deus ex machina gun.

That's probably a good start. A lot like the destroy ending, but no killing synthetics bullshit. Maybe have to sacrifice yourself, not because of some dumb predetermined choice by starchild, but because the last reaper is about to kill your waifu and you ram the normandy into it or something.

Basically anything but what we got.
>>
>>332736193
Yeah, nah. Back when ME2 was fresh, this board was in love with Mass Effect and there were constant threads about it. When DA2 was released, little shits came out of the woodwork and tried to retroactively make /v/ hate any Bioware game ever made. When ME3 came out, people started listening to them.

Back in 2010 though, /v/ was very much in love with ME1 and ME2.
>>
>>332736441
No, it doesn't excuse it at all. There's no excuse for those endings.
>>
File: angery.png (822 KB, 544x1636) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
822 KB, 544x1636
Daily Reminder that the indoctrination theory is right
>>
>>332736590
Anyone who picks blue or green endings prove that
>>
>>332736590
Maybe it's even more right than its proponents believe.
>>
>>332736341
>>332736391
well, maybe i've been in the wrong threads at the wrong time, i don't browse /v/ all day. But from the threads i've seen, i got this vibe that /v/ hates the series and i couldn't believe it.
>>332736493
wasn't browsing /v/ then, but that's cool to hear..i wish i was here then. I don't know man, i know why the ending for 3 is hated, but i still liked it. I know an ending similar to how Witcher 3 went about it would have been better but maybe it was too early to do something so grand back then.
>>
File: jim.gif (498 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
jim.gif
498 KB, 500x233
>the reapers true motives
>the entire finale with the illusive man
>that photoshopped Tali picture
>shepard crying over some fucking kid
>that awful squad makeup
>those awful side missions

how did they fuck up me3 so badly on all fronts
how was the multiplayer the best part of that shit game
>>
>>332736440
There's literally no excuse for the Reapers even beginning their cycle or continuing their cycle. The Leviathans created them with the goal of preserving the civilizations that built the rampant synthetics which the Catalyst didn't do at all. If the Catalyst wanted to stop potential destructive machines, it could have just governed over production of them, dealt with them by force, or created some sort of EMP device like the Deus Ex Machina.
>>
>>332736219
I have many ideas but first off
>>332736442
This anything but what they fucking did. I dont even know if I've beaten it again since they updated the endings like a week within release because i was so fucking pissed i couldn't deal with it

My personal ending that i wanted to have happen didnt even involve the stupid fucking super weapon bullshit. Yiu still gathered forces from all over the galaxy and sciemce teams form weapons for you to help fight back then have a massive battle on earth. Krogan warlords would be charging on the front line as you fight a planet wide battle with geth juggernauts falling from space and all the aliens you recruiting joing the battle where you either win or lose based on the strength you gathered and choices you made.
>>
>>332735950
The Reapers should have been fucking gone after 1 until Mass Effect 3 where it may have been necessary to contact them to combat the upcoming dark energy catastrophe that was scrapped from the plot.

Collectors still could have been a threat what with the destroyed reaper and all. The fact that it was in possession of Cerberus could've been the reason for abducting human colonists. Beats human reapers anyways.
>>
>>332736732
Tbh i love the fuck out of their multiplayer. Best part of that game by far
>>
>>332735791
>You can always try and rebuild synthetics later.

In the destruction ending you will not rebuild shit, the relays are gone and no one in the galaxy has the resources or the knowlegde to rebuild the things.

Dead reapers will be pulled into earth orbit and will kill thousands more as they fall in the planet, everyone will slowly starve to death as earth can not sustain everyone.

And the reapers were 100% right, everyone forgets that the geth were super happy with killing all organics on me1, they only changed their tune when soverign was killed and they had to find another way to survive against organics.

I hate when people use the geth vs quarian peace as a plot point against reapers, one synthetic race takes the peace way with organics to save themselves from extinction and suddenly all synthetics ever to exist will love to fellate organics?

This so called peace between geth and quarians will last five seconds at most after the reapers are gone, the entire galaxy was unable to stop krogans from destroying their home planet, do you think they will stop the geth from making every single world inhabitable for organics if they really want to go all out?
>>
>>332736991
>where it may have been necessary to contact them to combat the upcoming dark energy catastrophe that was scrapped from the plot.
>Oh so NOW you want our help, don't you, fuccboi?

On a side note, was it ever revealed what the dark energy plot point was supposed to be again? A galaxy-wide accelerated supernova phenomenom?
>>
>>332736717

This anon >>332736493 gets it. He forgot to mention Tortanic though, that's the main reason why /v/ went to complete shit.

Every Bioware related thread after Tortanic got drowned out by shitposters screaming DROOOOOOOOOOOOOONES endlessly for a few years. Before that though, we had a good amount of fun talking about ME1&2. I still remember the silly role playing threads we had, with nary a shitposter in sight and everyone going along with fresh OC for days.
>>
>>332737076
Except they DO rebuild the relays. In a fairly quick fashion also.
>>
>>332737076
If you paid attention you would know it was only a faction of the geth that wanted that and once reintigrated into the main host the decision was they were wrong.

You're arguement is like saying all muslims, christains, or any other major group with dangerous splinter groups are terrorists.
>>
>>332737076
>In the destruction ending you will not rebuild shit, the relays are gone and no one in the galaxy has the resources or the knowlegde to rebuild the things.

nope. relays are fine in extended cut. everyone is fine. your point is worthless.
>>
>>332730057
What did i think of the series? 1 good game, 1 decent filler game with shit tier antagonist...
... and then there is ME3, a chopped up pizza of a game with awful endings, bad writing and no option to play as a renegade.

So yeah, more good than bad but i had to force myself to suffer through ME3.
>>
>>332736991
>The Reapers should have been fucking gone after 1 until Mass Effect 3 where it may have been necessary to contact them to combat the upcoming dark energy catastrophe that was scrapped from the plot.

I disagree. Under no circumstances should the Reapers have been the good guys. The dark energy plot was no better than the Starchild shit.
>>
>series
>amazing
One decent game does not a series make anon. You silly billy.
>>
I finished ME1 last week and I'm just playing ME2 and holy shit these dialogue choices are the vaguest shit I've ever seen in a video game.
Like I get that top choice means good boy Paragon and bottom means ed edg and edgy but it doesn't really help at all. especially when you're talking about Cerberus.
I mean the Paragon choice could easily mean "I'm not helping Cerberus because they're evil" or "I'm helping Cerberus because they only want what's best"
and Renegade could also mean "fuck you Cerberus I'll do things my way" or "Damn nigga I want to fuck all those aliens so count me in Cerberus"
Not to mention the "skip cutscene/dialogue" button is also the "select dialogue" button so sometimes I'm playing the game, I quicksave before a dialogue, I talk to some guy, I pick a vague choice that sounds right, what comes out of Shepard's mouth turns out wrong, I reload, I skip the shit I've heard and I accidentally pick a choice while skipping.
>>
>>332730057
>What did you think /v/?
I think for unknown amount of years the star child has been having it's reapers destroy organics to 'protect' them. Now That same genocidal AI just happens to have a solution for you that involves making every organic part computer. You are putting a lot of faith in this AI's solution considering the last one was so destructive.
>>
>>332737076

>This so called peace between geth and quarians will last five seconds at most after the reapers are gone, the entire galaxy was unable to stop krogans from destroying their home planet, do you think they will stop the geth from making every single world inhabitable for organics if they really want to go all out?

I believed in Legion and I believed in EDI. That was the only motivation I needed, personally. Besides, the Geth are doing everything in their power to help rebuild the Quarian home world and those medical advances that will help speed up Quarian adaptivity/etc

The peace is permanent, anon.
>>
>>332737076
>In the destruction ending you will not rebuild shit, the relays are gone and no one in the galaxy has the resources or the knowlegde to rebuild the things.
They're not destroyed.

>And the reapers were 100% right, everyone forgets that the geth were super happy with killing all organics on me1
Yes the Reapers were right about Synthetics killing organics after the Reapers themselves organized and led the Geth into killing organics. How shocking.

>This so called peace between geth and quarians will last five seconds at most after the reapers are gone
Yes, because the people who literally have Geth inside their suits are going to rise again against the Geth. Especially after they help boost their immune systems so they can live on their planet without the Enviro suits sooner.
>>
File: 1442060478918.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1442060478918.webm
3 MB, 854x480
somebody say Tortanic?!?!
>>
>>332737076
>And the reapers were 100% right, everyone forgets that the geth were super happy with killing all organics on me1, they only changed their tune when soverign was killed and they had to find another way to survive against organics.

Actually, the geth that attacked everyone in ME1 were part of a very small minority within geth society. The vast majority of geth just wanted to be left alone to build their Dyson sphere, and they actually took it upon themselves to look after the quarian homeworld in case they ever came back and made peace.
>>
>>332737442
>>
>>332737442
>Jedis that cant block blasters

My god
>>
>>332737442
what's with that fallout power armor sith
>>
>>332737442
This is amazing.
>>
EA shilling mass effect again now?
>>
>>332737110
Something to do with Eezo and maybe biotics is all I could recall. Your guess sounds about right.

>>332737291
I see it more as your choices may have fucked everything and calling the reapers prevents the catastrophe so the next cycle can try and break it. In other words, Bad End.
>>
>>332737249
>If you paid attention you would know it was only a faction of the geth that wanted tha

How convenient that they were only willing to reach out to organics AFTER soverign was dead.

If they really cared at all about organics they would have sent some kind of warning or tried to fight sovereign, instead all they did was wait and see if the reapers would kill all organics.
>>
>>332737336
>Besides, the Geth are doing everything in their power to help rebuild the Quarian home world and those medical advances that will help speed up Quarian adaptivity/etc

Meanwhile, the quarians thought that the Reaper invasion that threatened all life in Citadel space was also a great time to launch a war against the geth that they'd have trouble winning even under ideal circumstances.
>>
>>332737249
>You're arguement is like saying all muslims, christains, or any other major group with dangerous splinter groups are terrorists.

>le not all muslims meme

oh fuck off and actually read some statistics about genital mutilations, honor killings, stoning for adultery, and murder of apostates in islamic countries before you spout your feelgood liberal groupthink
>>
>>332737730
So now you're just gonna take a different direction now that you were wrong? Convinient how i can never prove you wrong if you just change your arguement mid strokes huh? That was also explained in ME2 when legion shows up. Go play the fucking game.
>>
>>332737690
Well there IS a new game coming
>>
>>332737707
>I see it more as your choices may have fucked everything and calling the reapers prevents the catastrophe so the next cycle can try and break it. In other words, Bad End.

Ah, okay. That makes a little more sense, but I honestly can't see anyone making that decision.
>>
>>332737802
Fuck off /pol/ it was an example and i love how you didnt say shit about christains despite bombings, crusades, and major vocal hate groups being based on it. Organized religion is for control now that thats settled fuck off.
>>
>>332735329
Synthesis is the only one where Shepard comes back tho.

And no, living on as a weird mixture of Machine God and God Emperor like in the control ending doesnt count.
>>
>>332737808
>So now you're just gonna take a different direction now that you were wrong?

How I was wrong? The geth did nothing to help organics in me1, despite all the bullshit in me3 about how they were unsure about the genocide of quarians, they were still willing to wait and watch the reapers kill every single organic in the galaxy.

I care fuck all about the geth intentions, I care about what they did, and they did nothing in me1 but help the reapers when soverign was five seconds away from wiping organic life in the galaxy.
>>
>>332737882
>>332737690
indeed, mass effect: Andromeda
be sure youre ready, you never know when details might drop!
>>
>>332737915
>christains despite bombings, crusades, and major vocal hate groups being based on it.

>le crusades meme

Read a book, faggot, the Seljuk Turks started it when they murdered Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem

and please, name some bombings that occur even at one percent of the frequency of Islamic bombings
>>
>>332737802
>falling for the /pol/ memes
LOL how's high school friendo and shouldn't you be asleep? School starts in a couple hours little buddy.
>>
>>332737910
>but I honestly can't see anyone making that decision.

I can see that working if at some point along the games some sort of event triggered violence amongst the council races and, say, the Turians went and bombed Earth to hell, breaking humanity's seat of power.
In which case a vengeful Shepard himself opens the gates and invites the Reapers in as payback.

Like a sci-fi version of Alpha Protocol.
>>
>>332737980
>Synthesis is the only one where Shepard comes back tho.

No they don't. The Synthesis process actually requires that Shepard be vaporized to send their essence out into the universe or whatever the fuck. The only ending where Shepard can survive is Destroy.
>>
>>332738063
How about the fucking KKK which led a 5 decade long hate attack on anybody who wasn't white? Oh but its okay because they were a different race wow thats exactky what a muslim terrorist would say. Seriously stop drinking the kool-aid and realize when you join a group and stop thinking you're being a fucking idiot or a child.
>>
File: 1449784666321.png (336 KB, 905x431) Image search: [Google]
1449784666321.png
336 KB, 905x431
>>
>>332735651
Wrex was the biggest bro of all. Garrus was just OK in ME1 and people suck his dick because he became more of a grizzled veteran in ME2 and 3, despite the fact that he never got as good as Wrex was.
>>
File: evLpn.jpg (114 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
evLpn.jpg
114 KB, 900x506
Marauder Shields and the Three Husketeers died for your sins
>>
>>332738089
>scifi alpha protocol
I am now imagining a badly animated Kung fu shepherd beating Krogan to death with bare fists
>>
>>332738062
"Mass Effect Andromeda: We fucked up so badly that we needed to reboot the series!"
>>
>>332738195
The KKK hasn't had any real power for 100 years, numbnuts

show me today, in the CURRENT YEAR, where there are mass mobs of Christian men who rape women to punish them for decadent styles of dress.
>>
>not choosing to literally be god
fucking plebs
>>
>>332738216
>pulls a gun on you = a bro.

Ya I had Ashley put him down like a bad dog. Fuck his entire race.
>>
>>332738280
>game imports save data from older games
>all it changes are the HUD lights on the Notmandy depending on which ending you chose.
>>
>>332738321
>Potential cure for the genetic modification that afflicts every single member of his race
>You want to destroy it
Gee, I wonder why he'd pull a gun on you.
>>
File: 1441244454426.png (379 KB, 387x509) Image search: [Google]
1441244454426.png
379 KB, 387x509
>>
File: me3-5.jpg (29 KB, 638x340) Image search: [Google]
me3-5.jpg
29 KB, 638x340
>>332730057
I went with destroy. Not because I thought it best to ensure the end of the Reapers, not because the thought of infecting every life in the galaxy with machinery repelled me...

But because it's the only ending where Shepard lives. And by the end, I cared a fuckload more about my Shepard than I did about EDI, the Geth or any other AI that was going to die with that option.
>>
>>332738419
Wasn't Saren's "cure" not really a cure, but just mass cloning of the few remaining fertile Krogans would would have led to a bunch of inbred, even more retarded krogan?
>>
File: aj6NmRx_460sa_v1.gif (496 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
aj6NmRx_460sa_v1.gif
496 KB, 241x182
>>332730057
i shot that holo kid.

reapers won
>>
>>332737281

>nope. relays are fine in extended cut. everyone is fine. your point is worthless

Nope, in the extended control ending the relays are torn to pieces and the ai shepard has to use the reapers to rebuild the things, and the damage to the relays was minimal because the ai shepard did his best to reduce the backlash.

In destruction the level of damage to the relays is even higher, not only the relays but every single ship is damaged, and a fuckload of resources was wasted creating the crucible.

I doubt they will be able to repair half the ships on time, let alone the relays.

The more I think about it the more retarded each ending is, bioware cannot write for shit.
>>
>>332738465
Yes, it was a way for Saren to control a group of Krogan. In the heat of the moment, Wrex didn't know that, he just knew there was a "cure" for the Genophage. If you did his personal quest and got his family armor back and/or had max Persuade/Intimidate, you could talk him down and he'd be OK.
>>
>>332738290
Moving goalposts anon? Also you're a fucking idiot the kkk were active as late as through the fucking 60s and were created nearly a century before that. So you lack the ability to stick to your arguement and state what you think is true as facts. Christains have lead hate crimes such as bombings as recently as the 80s and hate protests as recent as the fucking CURRENT YEAR. Go to bed kid you have school in the morning where you might actually learn something. Muslims are just as stupid as christains so don't worry i hate you equally.
>>
>>332738318
More like "not choosing to be disintegrated so an AI copy of yourself can be God".
>>
File: 1416895738928.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1416895738928.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>Le ME3 was good, it was just the ending that sucked meme
>>
>>332738762
And here comes the vocal contrarian minority
>>
>>332736998
Only reason why I will buy the next game.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1735) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1735
>you will never cum inside that luscious ass

Why even live.
>>
I loved the trilogy but there were some major improvements to be made for the ending

>never see Elcor or Volus in battle.
>No controllable Normandy for space battles
>Couldn't command final attack on Earth with combined fleet

For all of the spaceships there weren't nearly enough space battles
>>
>>332739098
I don't think it would have been reasonable to expect Bioware to suddenly add playable space battles. It was probably a mistake to make a third-person action RPG where the main antagonists are sentient starships, because that kind of fight isn't really a job for a foot soldier.
>>
>>332738419
Fact is its hard to claim him the biggest bro when he pulls a gun on you not once but twice in the games. (though the 2nd on e can easily be avoided)
>>
>>332730057
No it wasn't, it was fucking shit. Fuck you for reminding me of this bullshit.
>>
File: Hugu6.jpg (73 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Hugu6.jpg
73 KB, 1024x576
>>332739098
You could play as a Volus in the ME3 multiplayer. I have to say, lot of fun rolling around as one and being shorter than cover while firing off Biotics.
>>
>/v/ is so contrarian, they're already praising this fucking abomination
Never change, guys.
>>
>>332739791
>/v/ is so contrarian that they're liking popular things

...I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>332739839
It's the hipster cycle, once everyone starts hating something, /v/ pretends it's a masterpiece.
It's really not that hard to follow, you must be dumb as a brick.
>>
>tfw ME 3's writing is so retarded that agreeing with Saren is considered the best ending
>>
File: 1434094329151.jpg (15 KB, 198x225) Image search: [Google]
1434094329151.jpg
15 KB, 198x225
>>332730057
>>
>>332739909
The only time people had a different opinion was during everybodys first playthroughs so like the first 6 months of the games lifespan. Stop being fucking retarded. The game was fine minus like 4 cutscenes and the ending.
>>
>>332730057
>It was amazing.
APRIL FOOLS!!!
>>
>>332734983
True, but then again, you're playing a RPG. Your personality is supposed to reflect onto Shepard, not the opposite. I know that changed in ME3 because of lack of dialogue wheel, but it still applies to the series.
>>
>>332739969
A good writer could've make it work you know.
But this is Bioware, what do you expect?
>>
>>332730057
>"Yo Shepard, you built this superweapon to destroy the Reapers, but here, jump into this beam instead and turn everyone into a cyborg."
>"Awesome, I'll do that!"
>"Btw, you'll die."
>"Wha--"
>space magic intensifies
Dumbest ending ever made by man.
>>
File: 1455146739275.jpg (10 KB, 224x250) Image search: [Google]
1455146739275.jpg
10 KB, 224x250
>>332740162
Except for the awful side missions, the awful cast of crew members, the awful graphics, the dumbed down gameplay mechanics, the dumbed down dialogue system, the generally awful writing, the lack of enemy diversity, and the forced DLC horseshit.

Yep. What a great game.
>>
>>332741565
>"Yo Shepard, you built this superweapon to destroy the Reapers"

The fact that the whole main plot hinges on something the writers pulled completely out of their ass for the third game instead of building on anything they established in the first two games was a major warning sign that things would not end well.
>>
>>332730057

I still feel that the ending for mass effect 3 was literally 2deep4u to the average player and that the indoctrination theory was correct.

Think about it. The goal from game one was to destroy the reapers. The reapers can bend people's will through indoctrination. At the end of mass effect 3, where you spend the entire game going through random strangeness, suddenly Shepard is given the truth of the universe and doesn't need to destroy the reapers. And even though they have been trying to kill you the entire trilogoy, you can all be friends.

So your choices are control the reapers by killing yourself, combine flesh and tech by killing yourself, or destroy the reapers. Oh but that last one dooms entire fleets and ruins civilization and destroy all tech.

This ending is perfect because it wants you(Shepard) to overcome reaper indoctrination and due your job. I mean the star child lied to your damn face about what destroy did, considering you survive,
>>
>>332742451
You got it. Blue and Green endings just mean you have successfully been indoctrinated.

Red is the only one that makes sense.
>>
>people like the ME3 endings
I want neo/v/ to leave
>>
File: 1435920465103.png (445 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
1435920465103.png
445 KB, 807x700
ME3 was a great game minus the ending
>>
>>332742183
>building on anything they established in the first two games
Which would have been what? In the first game there is no indication of anything that can stop the Reapers.

And nothing in the 2nd game matters.
>>
>>332742451
>I still feel that the ending for mass effect 3 was literally 2deep4u to the average player and that the indoctrination theory was correct.

Bioware have explicitly confirmed that the indoctrination theory is not correct and that the endings really are happening just as they appear to.
>>
>>332742931

Where did they confirm it? All I ever found was vagueness and contradicting statements from different people who worked at bioware.

If you could source me something from before the Extended Ending was released that would be amazing.
>>
>>332742902
>Which would have been what?

- They made a point of saying the Reapers stay dormant in dark space for a reason. They should have been weakened from having to get here the long way.
- The Reapers' harvest was already way behind schedule even before ME1. It's possible that the Council races advanced farther than the Reapers accounted for.
- We managed to reverse-engineer Reaper-grade weapons a mere two years after our first encounter with them.
- The Collector base should have contained information and/or technology that would have been invaluable for fighting the Reapers. The only reason anyone destroys it is because the game only lets you give it to Cerberus, which in itself is very bad writing.
>>
>>332743197
The Extended Cut endings all confirm that Shepard isn't being indoctrinated, because two of them take place after Shepard is already dead. Unless you want to claim that they're hallucinations or something, but frankly, that's *really* pushing it.
>>
>>332742652
Im pretty sure no one on /v/ thinks this
>>
File: 1425845544323.jpg (69 KB, 467x560) Image search: [Google]
1425845544323.jpg
69 KB, 467x560
>>332742751
No.
The only part of ME3 that was really good was Tuchanka. The MP was good, too.
Everything else was varying degrees of bad, Rannoch and the ending just were the lowest points
>>
>>332743219
Another thing:
- The previous harvests started with a decapitation strike on the Citadel, followed by closing the relay network to prevent any organized resistance. Even then, the Protheans managed to survive for several *centuries*. We don't have that problem, and we have several other advantages as well.
>>
File: 1398780544859.jpg (35 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1398780544859.jpg
35 KB, 620x348
>>332742751
I honestly even sorta liked the ending.
I bet most other people were content with it BEFORE they found out about the super lazy 'different color ending' shit.
>>
>>332743297

Yeah, but the extended cut doesn't really mean anything. It was literally tossed in after the fact to try to calm down the angry masses, with little regard to the how little sense it makes.

That sort of thing happens all the time, just look at I Am Legend.
>>
>>332738626
Do the world a favor and just go kill yourself, you tremendous delusional multicultist faggot.

The KKK lynched just under 3500 blacks in the 86 years in which it was, as an organization, primarily active - this figure comes from Tuskegee University (the number is actually ALL lynchings - we will say for the sake of argument that the KKK was involved in all of them). Islamic terror attacks kill more people every year, even as they are counted by those with the most interest in fudging the numbers.
>>
File: casey-hudson.jpg (77 KB, 570x445) Image search: [Google]
casey-hudson.jpg
77 KB, 570x445
>>332743502
>Yeah, but the extended cut doesn't really mean anything.

Yes it does. Headcanon it all you like, but the EC is canon. And people had the right to be angry, because the original endings sucked. They still suck.

And frankly, even if the indoctrination theory *were* true, that would still be a shitty ending, because it wouldn't tell us what happened. After hundreds of hours spent in three games, I don't want the conclusion to be "Figure it out yourself." No. I want to know what the fuck happens. You're basically agreeing with Hudson that the ending should have been all about "Lots of speculation from everyone!"
>>
>>332737442
These animations are so fucking floaty, what were they thinking? Not a single action has any weight or impact to it.
>>
>>332744027
It looks the same as any other MMO
>>
>>332743763

Who is talking about headcanons, I am talking about the endings. The extended edition is dlc, they didn't force it on you. It will probably be canon after Andromeda is released, but that's whatever.

And it wouldn't be a bad ending, it would be about not giving up. It would have been up to you, as shepard, to fight off the indocrination and see the obvious clues something is up. And then make the final move and destroy the reapers. Shepard surviving is the ending. That maybe, just maybe, mankind and everyone else actually has a chance at defeating a galaxy killing civilization.

It's a common ending.
>>
>>332730057
>amazing

top lel

ME1 was pretty good. It was great at making the reapers look like some sort of insurmountable enemy that will inevitably destroy the world. In ME2 things were falling apart already but ME3 reapers were degraded to big bad robots which were slightly ahead of the curve.

Gameplay was never stellar and in 3 a lot of plot devices went downhill (TIM). It also had the worst villain in le edgy swordman.

5/10 at best.
>>
>>332744334
That's not a satisfying ending at all. All it tells us is that the Reapers are destroyed. Maybe. But we don't know for sure. Then there's the fact that the main appeal of the ME series was always the characters, and that ending gives us no closure on that front. The Reaper plot was never what most people cared about.

>And then make the final move and destroy the reapers.
>Shepard surviving is the ending. That maybe, just maybe, mankind and everyone else actually has a chance at defeating a galaxy killing civilization.

So are the Reapers dead or not? The first statement says yes, but the second implies that the struggle continues. Which is it?
>>
>>332744673
Oh, and don't forget that in the original endings, the mass relays are always completely destroyed no matter what you choose. So even if you "resist the indoctrination", galactic civilization is still doomed.
>>
>>332744673

Unknown. It could honestly be either. You're looking at it wrong. It's like the spinning top in inception, or what happens to butch cassidy and the Sundance kid after the freeze frame.

Whether the top falls or stands isn't important, whether they somehow fought off the army isn't important. As you said most people never cared about the reaper plot, why would it matter in the ending. What matters is how the characters felt. How they got there. The choices they made at the end.

It's a pretty mature ending. An immature ending would be what we got with the extended endings.
>>
ME1 best game
Destroy best ending
Jack best waifu
Mattock best gun

shoutout my nigga Mordin

rip we made it
>>
>>332738856
Literally bred to make me cum.
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
ITT
>>
File: ME3 ending footage.jpg (32 KB, 547x427) Image search: [Google]
ME3 ending footage.jpg
32 KB, 547x427
>>332742751
>Sprite graphics
>Anderson's walking animation
>The whole Javik plot
>Arbitrary faggotry shoved in your face all the time
>DIANA ALLERS
>Kaiden/Ashley going full bitchmode
>Ashley's makeover in general
>Galactic readiness system
>Cerberus magically went from small-ish rogue terrorist group to having an army that rivals Earth itself
>Literally everything Cerberus does in ME3 in general is full retard
>Anderson fighting some sort of bullshit guerilla war vs the Reapers and somehow winning
>Kai-Leng AKA plot armour personified
>Rannoch

Nah, it was shit. There were some diamonds in the shit-pile, but the pile is so rancid that it's hardly worth digging for them.
>>
>>332744334
>The extended edition is dlc, they didn't force it on you. It will probably be canon after Andromeda is released, but that's whatever.
>The DLC isn't canon, but it will be!

I haven't seen this level of denial and plain idiocy since the Indoctrination theory started losing followers after the Extended Cut made it go in the trash.
If the Extended Cut isn't canon (which it is), but will be canon down the line then there's no point in even arguing about the Indoctrination theory. It's all bullshit and that's all it ever was.
>>
>>332744965
>It's a pretty mature ending. An immature ending would be what we got with the extended endings.

And here we have it. You prefer the original endings because they give you a way to feel intellectually superior.

>spinning top in inception

Inception was always a mindfuck kind of movie, so something like that makes sense there. Mass Effect was a space opera with a fun universe and likable characters. Going all pretentious in literally the last few minutes is totally inappropriate.

>or what happens to butch cassidy and the Sundance kid after the freeze frame

Oh come the fuck on. It's extremely obvious that they get killed. There's no way they could survive.
>>
>>332730057
>le choose your color ending
>basically Gears of War after 1
>amazing
Fuck you OP.
>>
>>332745437

>Anderson fighting some sort of bullshit guerilla war vs the Reapers and somehow winning

Jesus Christ anon, i've managed to completely ignore that point until now, but holy fuck isn't that the most unexplained bullshit stand power shit in the game.
>>
>>332744965
>It's a pretty mature ending. An immature ending would be what we got with the extended endings.

God forbid I want a story-based game to actually tell me a story.
>>
>>332745548
Not only that, he was left right next to a Reaper that was fucking up civilians and marines.
>>
>>332739969
To be fair Saren's opinion wasn't even really Saren's opinion, it was some excuse he made up while the Sovereign was fucking with his brain.
>>
File: Tim Shepard.png (593 KB, 670x852) Image search: [Google]
Tim Shepard.png
593 KB, 670x852
>>332742751
No
>>
anyone that didn't choose destroy was manipulated by the reapers since the reapers goal was to destroy everything anyway. And all throughout the series they were mind controlling people every chance they got. Synthesis gives them access to control every life form in the universe.

control is a bait and switch

destroy is the only thing that makes sense, since we can't even be sure that the whole sequence wasn't in shepards mind all along.
>>
>>332730057

>FUSE ORGANIC AND INORGANIC LIFE SHEPHERD IT'S THE BEST WAY
>Wait, what would that actually accomplish other than jamming bits of metal in organics and fleshy growths in synthetics?
>NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND NOW EVERYONE IS EQUAL

Synthesis ending is the blandest shitshow imaginable
>>
>>332730057
2 is best. I will never be not mad about 3's ending.
>>
>>332745548
HUMANS STRONK

And that's pretty much your explanation
>>
>>332745445

Well yes and no. It is all bullshit now, but it's still worth talking about. People still comb through SotC trying to find pieces to speculate on. And I don't see how it's bullshit, there is a lot of shit in the game that leans heavily indoctrination.

>>332745476
>something being mature
>intellectual

Cut the projecting. Charlotte's web had a mature ending, mature just means it was well thought out.

Also laughing at inception being a mind fuck of a movie. It was incredibly straight forward.

And Cassidy is a pure duh, but it's cut off before that for a reason.
>>
the ME3 endings were just the result of them having zero clue how to end their series and someone on the dev team playing Deus Ex

because if you can't see that ripoff, you're blind
>>
>>332745714
That makes it even worse. Now you're basically telling me that the Reapers were the good guys all along.
>>
>>332745796
like remember how we equalized your crew into liquid to make a human reaper. They are much happier right?
>>
>>332745739
Why does Ashley's hair look like hairy nigger tesitcles?
>>
>>332745963

Fucking this. The entire series shows that fusing synthetics and organics is a terrible idea and then suddenly green eyes are the best ending?
>>
>>332745875
It's not worth talking about if it's not true at all. The indoctrination theory was a way for fans in denial to write off the massive amount of inconsistencies in the ending of ME3 and throughout the game. It's nothing more than headcanon and will continue to be headcanon until it's eventually forgotten.
>>
File: 0047-1420677443763.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
0047-1420677443763.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>mfw playing through Mass Effect 3
>>
>>332745875
>And Cassidy is a pure duh, but it's cut off before that for a reason.

Yeah, apparently they changed it because Redford wanted it that way. By your logic, we should therefore dismiss that ending because it was "tossed in after the fact" because of a single person's personal wishes.
>>
>>332746025
>fusing synthetics and organics is a terrible idea
But I bet you put into Shepard every Cerberus upgrade you could afford in ME2, you hypocrite.
>>
File: 1458651536385.jpg (175 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458651536385.jpg
175 KB, 1000x1000
Best girl
>>
>>332746113
I'm still salty that there was no trial against you at the start how Bioware promised.
>>
>>332745954
It's arguable of much of that was the reapers' imprinting, and how much of it was Saren's indoctrinated side just making up random bullshit to justify his actions.
>>
>>332746224
She looks like Morrigan's uglier sister.
>>
>>332746083
>tfw headcanon makes more sense than the actual "endings"

Why even put Shepard reviving and catching his breath through the rubble.

Don't tell me he was "exhaling" like some idiots I've spoken to.

Its obvious they had a specific ending (and even admitted that Shep was indoctrinated at one point) then they scrapped that and forgot to have it make sense, ALL WHILE leaving in the scenes that shows that Shepard was still alive somewhere.

Its just total fuckery and Bipware directors just couldn't accept the fact that teh fans had figured out how to make it have some kind of sense and they didn't. That and the male actor wasn't renewed to play Shepard again.

Thats why they have to go to a prequel that no one will give a shit about.
>>
>>332746317
I'd say what we got was better than a trial. With Anderson and Hackett on Shepard's side, it isn't surprising the Alliance believed him.
>>
File: 1459435471616.jpg (39 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1459435471616.jpg
39 KB, 620x400
>>332746337
>>
>>332746143

Shepard was already a synth by ME2. Remember project lazarus?
>>
>>332745963
>like remember how we equalized your crew into liquid to make a human reaper.

And we melted them while they were still alive. And conscious. And then we took some of the others and crudely fused them together to make horrible abominations which you so benevolently gave consciousness to when you jumped into that beam. AM would be proud of you for how you've created so many beings who now have no mouth and must scream.

This is one of the reasons I could never accept the Reapers being the good guys in any capacity. The sheer fucking CRUELTY they display immediately removes all sympathy for them or their cause.
>>
>>332746143
wasn't he being controlled by the illusive man becausee of that?
>>
>>332746136

But it wasn't tossed in after the fact, that's how it was shipped. It would be like if they added that ending after it was in theaters.

>>332746083
There is a shit ton of blatant, in your face, shutter island tier, fuckery going on through mass effect 3.

I go back to my "I am legend" comparison.
>>
>>332746461
Not according to Miranda.
>>
>>332745972
It's a hairy butt
>>
>>332746365

How the FUCK did Shepard survive? The Citadel fucking exploded and then he landed on earth (somehow didn't fucking evaporate) and then he's still alive.
>>
So has anyone ever tried those ME3 ending-altering mods? Are they worth shit?
>>
>>332746683

If you assume indoctrination is true, he never left earth.The ending is just him trying to hold himself together after surviving the reaper death cannon.
>>
>>332746683
exactly.
Why even leave that last second in if they weren't going to consider it canon somehow.

No way he would have survived falling from space. and how the fuck is he even breathing in space.

just a whole lot of fuckery that makes no sense. And it was clear the reapers were in his mind since they used the child that only shepard would have known about.

dude is still on Earth and the war is still raging.
>>
>>332746683
Teleported?
>>
>>332746365
>>332746683
>>332746530
Andromeda isn't supposed to be a prequel according to rumors and some surveys Bioware put out.

And Indoctrination theory never made sense. It's used to replace inconsistencies in shit writing throughout the game with a twist so incredibly open ended and nonsensical that they could probably fucking retcon back to Mass Effect 1 when Shepard meets Sovereign if they really wanted to. It's a piss poor way of handling shit writing saying "Oh yeah, all this shit that you did. It didn't matter because none of it happened!" So all that time you invested in wading through shit just became even more pointless.

Also, no he wasn't exhaling. He was inhaling. His chest armor expanded and you can hear Shepard inhale, this isn't even something that can be analyzed.
You want to hear fuckery? Shepard survived a ship explosion and planetary reentry. He didn't burn up in the atmosphere and the lack of oxygen didn't kill his brain cells. In fact, he didn't decompose at all.
It's all just shit writing which people still somehow in the stage of denial will just ignore with "muh indoctrination".
>>
Destroyfags report in
>>
>>332746838

How?
>>
>>332746683
How the fuck did Shepard fall down on a planet like a burning star, catching fire and all in the cutscene, yet somehow there is enough left of him to glue him back together with the Lazarus project?
Because Bioware can't write for shit.
>>
>>332746803
>dude is still on Earth and the war is still raging.

So in other words, it's not an ending.
>>
>>332746883
The Citadel was connected to that conduit on Earth via a teleport beam. Citadel goes boom, teleport goes haywire, lucky coincidence happens and BAM! Shepard is saved!
But then the question remains why nobody found him if he ended up on Earth right next to the Alliance forces.
>>
>>332746883
Magic?

The Citadel said "fuck it get out of my control room"

Beats me
>>
>>332746683
To be fair he already survived atmospheric reentry at the beginning of ME2. Well, not survived, because he was already dead, but he got down in one piece. Those suits are sturdy as shit when the plot needs it.
>>
>>332746854
>Also, no he wasn't exhaling. He was inhaling
exactly. Thats why he's still alive.

but the only way he survived in 2 was because of cerberus.

even if indoc theory was shit to cover up worse shit, it was acceptable shit and wasn't a fuck you to the people that stuck by the series.
>>
>>332746987

But the suit got fucked up when it was burnt by Harbinger, Right?
>>
>>332746854
>And Indoctrination theory never made sense. It's used to replace inconsistencies in shit writing throughout the game with a twist so incredibly open ended and nonsensical that they could probably fucking retcon back to Mass Effect 1 when Shepard meets Sovereign if they really wanted to. It's a piss poor way of handling shit writing saying "Oh yeah, all this shit that you did. It didn't matter because none of it happened!" So all that time you invested in wading through shit just became even more pointless.

Exactly. It's essentially just "It was all a dream."
>>
>>332730057
Fuck off Casey.

The synthesis ending in particular was mind boglingly stupid. I get the underlying symbolism but merging synthetics and organics is just so fucking retarded on so many levels it requires actual magic in order to work.
>>
>>332746980
Its a major warzone with probably hundreds if not millions of bodies in the area. In situations like that it is actually easily possible for soldiers to be miss identified.

So he could have been found, taken to a hospital, incorrectly IDed, which explains why the Normandy (minus love interest) thinks he is dead
>>
>>332746950
nope. they could have continued it but decided not to for whatever reason. I know they didn't keep the actor on anew contract.

this is like what happened with Splinter Cell.

Andromeda is basically a reboot.
>>
File: Wesker.png (107 KB, 292x316) Image search: [Google]
Wesker.png
107 KB, 292x316
>>332746985
>fuck it get out of my control room
>>
>>332746854

I mean you keep saying "inconsistency in the plot", but you don't give examples.
>>
>>332746980
>>332746985
oh yes, these are better explanations than indoc theory.

wizards did it.
>>
>>332747126

Am I doug now? Or does it change?
>>
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the board just change layouts!??!?!
>>
File: ME.png (53 KB, 1300x541) Image search: [Google]
ME.png
53 KB, 1300x541
>>
>>332738856
infertile disgusting daddy issue coalburning control freak
>>
>>332747262
test
>>
File: 0141-1419207177649.png (3 KB, 188x128) Image search: [Google]
0141-1419207177649.png
3 KB, 188x128
>>332747256
A-April Foolss right guys?
>>
>>332730057
>message of the series
Diversity is good and is what makes our galactical community strong!
>message of synthesis ending
Everyone is equal now.

Fuck off Casey.
>>
>>332746854
>>332747054
That's not at all what the indoctrination theory implied you dumbasses.

What you said applies only towards the very end of ME3. Yes it has plotholes and yes it's very convenient, but if that means the abortion that was the ME3 ending is erased then that's fine by me.
>>
File: Mar_b22_angry_1.png (610 KB, 1158x1222) Image search: [Google]
Mar_b22_angry_1.png
610 KB, 1158x1222
>>332747168
Magic exists!
>>
Never attribute to indoctrination that which is adequately explained by bad writing.
>>
WHATS MY FUCKIN NAME IN HERE
>>
>>332747054

Fuck off. It was all just a dream is stupid because people use it in places that don't make sense, and the fact that a major plot point revolves around the fact that the enemy can mind control people immediately removes it from "it was just a dream" category by the fact it was foreshadowed.
>>
The only message is that humans are the master race and we get shit done.
Also red ending a best. you can survive
>>
File: reminder.jpg (31 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
31 KB, 620x386
>>332747030
>>332747126
>acceptable shit

>anderson surviving on earth
>normandy not being blown the fuck up on earthy
>shepard not being blown the fuck up on tuchanka and rannoch (good boss fights bioware)
>shepard not getting blown the fuck up AGAIN on earth by harbinger
>normandy not getting blown the fuck up by harbinger in extended cut
>squad mates disappearing and magically reappearing in normal ending
>nonsensical level design on citadel where theres only one way to get to where illusive man and anderson are despite anderson and shep being separated
>illusive man even being on citadel
>space magic that combines organics and synthetics via sick waves of magic
>shepard crashing into planet for the second time and surviving on destroy
>reapers focusing on earth instead of citadel
>starchild not just taking over citadel in ME1

I could probably go on longer if I bothered to
>>
>>332747168
Indoc has its own problems. Starting with how you hang around a machine that can detect indoctrination, doesn't find it on Shepherd yet is perfectly capable of identifying the cereal killer as indoctrinated.
So Shepherd can't possibly have been indoctrinated before Thessia and has little contact with Reapers until Earth.
>>
>>332747491
Ave, true to Caesar
>>
File: But the priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize.jpg (208 KB, 1153x900) Image search: [Google]
But the priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize.jpg
208 KB, 1153x900
>4chin's april fools is forced namefaggotry

Eh
>>
>>332747030
>even if indoc theory was shit to cover up worse shit, it was acceptable shit and wasn't a fuck you to the people that stuck by the series.

*Everything* about ME3 was a fuck you to the people who stuck by the series.
>>
>>332747726
Sure it has problems but I'm sure you can find some semi acceptable explanation.

Shepard's cybernetics form the lazarus project interfere with the machine's ability to detect indoctrination.

And I just pulled this out of my ass on the spot. If you put some thought into it you could come up with a reasonable explanation.
>>
>>332747885

I mean sure it's not the best April fools, bit of a heavy risk...

But the prize
>>
>>332748104
>tfw jacob cucked everyone that romanced his boring ass
Really great job Bioware
>>
>>332748104
I cringed. Loudly
>>
>>332747612
>starchild not just taking over citadel in ME1

This can't be emphasized enough. The mere existence of the Starchild makes the series' entire plot collapse in on itself. ME1 shouldn't even have happened at all.
>>
>>332748212

Best part is, only like 1% of player romanced him, so the amount of people who would naturally found that out? Man bioware is evil sometimes.
>>
>>332747885
If only it was names, the layout change is awful. I'd have taken upboats and downboats on every post over this.
>>
>>332748410
He only activates when the catalyst is completed.

Why? Who knows. Space magic.
>>
>>332747612
all easily explained by indoc theory and the fact that the reapers saw humans as the most dangerous creature in the galaxy. Which is why they wanted shep to join them or be controlled by them.
star child was bullshit and shows how much worse the "canon" story is and how indoc theory can at least try and rectify it,
>>
>>332747726
becasue just like the trial , they wanted to dismiss the entire DLC where Shep was clearly indoctrinated on that base.

and the fact that the dreams were clearly symptoms of indoctrination as admitted in the logs that are in the game.
>>
Oy vey what an elaborate april fools
I kinda
>>
>>332748410
becasue the star child is an implant of the repears. the citadel was useless without a living being to control it, and it wasn't even functional.

star child wouldn't have even been able to do shit.,
>>
>>332748212
Jacob's waifu>FemShep
Deal with it.
>>
File: 1430424900509.jpg (3 MB, 3899x4087) Image search: [Google]
1430424900509.jpg
3 MB, 3899x4087
>>332748628
>all easily explained by the headcanon that provides an inconclusive ending to the trilogy and give's bioware's shit writing a free pass
I wish I could willfully ignore the truth to and apply the indoctrination theory to games like Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age: Inquistion where the writing is really laughably bad.
>>
>>332748949

Hey, why didn't you finish your sentence? Huh?

Oh shit! Sniper! Get dow
>>
>>332748976
>becasue the star child is an implant of the repears. the citadel was useless without a living being to control it, and it wasn't even functional.

I have no idea what you mean by any of this. The Starchild created the Reapers, and by extension, the Citadel. He had total control over its design. Why the fuck would he not give himself control over the thing his entire plan depends on?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.